Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Cot damn, I've been on this site for a while too.  Ah well.

Safety bar squats @ 460+120ish band tension for a solid single, the slight deficit conventional deads @584x1. Attempted 606 sumo for a single and got stuck at the knees.

Gym today:

Man stuff:
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hairy testicles
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:

Safety bar squats @ 460+120ish band tension for a solid single, the slight deficit conventional deads @584x1. Attempted 606 sumo for a single and got stuck at the knees.

Gym today:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/az-ar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1437352604443_zpsqljsvdhg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1437352604443_zpsqljsvdhg.jpg</a>
Man stuff:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/az-ar/media/Screenshot_2015-07-19-18-21-54_zpsxxeh5jpn.png.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/Screenshot_2015-07-19-18-21-54_zpsxxeh5jpn.png</a>
View Quote

Crazy lift. I hope to get half of that in the next few months. Kick ass pants too.

I have an order from JR going in the next few days. My brother is finally picking up a humidor. I'll get a few, and he'll start to fill his new stick box. Where you like getting yours?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:07:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flinch08] [#5]
Nobody wants a roundhouse kick to the face when you're wearing those bad boys.

ETA: Remember when the crew from '08 were the idiots? Ha! Fuck you guys. Turns out we're pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Gym today:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/az-ar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1437352604443_zpsqljsvdhg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1437352604443_zpsqljsvdhg.jpg</a>
Man stuff:
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/az-ar/media/Screenshot_2015-07-19-18-21-54_zpsxxeh5jpn.png.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/az-ar/Screenshot_2015-07-19-18-21-54_zpsxxeh5jpn.png</a>
View Quote

steroids, he is definitely juicing!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:30:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#7]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

ETA: Remember when the crew from '08 were the idiots? Ha! Fuck you guys. Turns out we're pretty cool.
View Quote

08 representin!
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
JR, Holts, CI, cigarbid.  That order above was cigarbid.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuckin noobs
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

08 representin!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By flinch08:

08 representin!

08'ers are the best 'ers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Damnit.  1700 calories today, that's the fourth time in less than a week I've been way under my goal of 2500.  I gotta figure out how to eat.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SCW:
Damnit.  1700 calories today, that's the fourth time in less than a week I've been way under my goal of 2500.  I gotta figure out how to eat.

View Quote

I am eating 3000+ easy.

I don't know how you are eating that low.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#13]

I am eating 3000+ easy.

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

I'm in a hotel this week and last week.  I woke up this morning, tinkered around, called my wife, took a nap then went to the gym.  When I left I realized it was 4:00 and I hadn't eaten yet.  So since then I've eaten 5 eggs, 6 sausage links, two chicken breasts and a bunch of asparagus.  And two protein shakes.  And I'm stuffed to the gills.

How do I eat that low?  Easy.  Forget to eat, do it repeatedly, get sick and weak.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

I'll hit near 2,500 today. Only because 888 of it was in Corona. Cheat day is fun day. Most days I'm good with 2,100-2,400 total. Since I change my intake to gain 1/2 lbs a week (vs lose 1/2 lbs a week), I've not hit my goal gain goal. I always fall short of 2,450 calories.

When I was dropping weight, I was trying to stay around 1,900 a day. That was lower than I like. I was always trying to cheat.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#15]

I'm in a hotel this week and last week.  I woke up this morning, tinkered around, called my wife, took a nap then went to the gym.  When I left I realized it was 4:00 and I hadn't eaten yet.  So since then I've eaten 5 eggs, 6 sausage links, two chicken breasts and a bunch of asparagus.  And two protein shakes.  And I'm stuffed to the gills.

How do I eat that low?  Easy.  Forget to eat, do it repeatedly, get sick and weak.
View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

FORGET TO EAT!!!!!!!  That sounds impossible to me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]
shit...    I don't even know if I'm hitting 3k Calories nowadays.   I try to pack on them with butter, cheese, olive/coconut oil, eggs, etc...

I'll track it one of these days, I'm genuinely curious.

Nice Lifts AZ --   At first glance I thought you was Chris Duffin...   hahhaha   That's a damn complement and a half.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

Common problem for me.  I ran a 5K yesterday then did a full workout at the gym in the late morning and still only hit 1800 for the day.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Olive and coconut oil FTW if you're cooking at home.

Peanut butter and low carb wraps (or full carb) can make up a deficit in a hurry too.
View Quote

I do try to get a spoonful of PB once a day at least when I'm at home, maybe I'll stop by the store and get some tomorrow.  

I try really hard to make all of my calories as nutritious as possible, but the problem is I just don't get enough.  I don't drink pop or eat much sugar at all so the food I do eat is usually pretty good, I just really need to eat a lot more.

I'm going to eat like a horse tomorrow and Tuesday and see how my lifts are by the time I go home Thursday night.  In the past I've responded pretty quick to eating enough.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]

What happened to your shoulder?  Travel to Seattle every week sounds awful, but here I am in Wisconsin where I do two weeks on, two weeks off.  Long ways from Utah and the family.  And a terrible idea when you suddenly go from 80yo T levels to 25yo T levels to be 1500 miles from home for two week.  

Perrin is my favorite character.  Get audio books, I listen to the entire series every few years and it takes me a few weeks, A friend of mine got them and got nothing done at work or home for over a month.  his wife was ready to kill me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Have you seen Hell on Wheels yet?

The guy that plays Cullen would make a perfect Lan for the movies.

Wife and daughter are out of town.  Busted shoulder so I'm getting lots of Netflix and Chill.  Power watched the first two seasons of Hell on Wheels.

Haven't seen it, but I'm in a hotel for the rest of the week and the contractor doesn't even have questions anymore about the design, so I'm bored out of my gourd.  I'll take a look.

Have you finished the books yet?

No, haven't finished yet.

I think I'm about 25% of the way through book 4 now.  They are all in Tear.  He proclaimed himself "The Dragon Reborn" and took Calindor in the previous book.  They all got attacked by forsaken, Rand's attack coming from the mirror.  Girls are questioning the Dark Ajah although two have been cut off from the light.

I fly back and forth to Seattle every week so I get about 8 total hours of uninterrupted reading time.  On the flight out they had Avengers 2 playing which I watched.

I'm trying to figure out how to read more.  With my arm in a sling, waist high is just far enough away that I can't read so I miss out on bedtime reading as well.

Perrin is my favorite character.  The world should have more Perrin's and Samwise's.

What happened to your shoulder?  Travel to Seattle every week sounds awful, but here I am in Wisconsin where I do two weeks on, two weeks off.  Long ways from Utah and the family.  And a terrible idea when you suddenly go from 80yo T levels to 25yo T levels to be 1500 miles from home for two week.  

Perrin is my favorite character.  Get audio books, I listen to the entire series every few years and it takes me a few weeks, A friend of mine got them and got nothing done at work or home for over a month.  his wife was ready to kill me.

I fell playing tag with the kids in the neighborhood on the 4th.

Your clavicle has an attachment to the shoulder.  Mine no longer does.

I'm about ready to chew my arm off.  I've been wearing a sling for 3 weeks.  

I feel like a caged animal.  I'm so angry.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ-AR15] [#21]
Originally Posted By darktide:
shit...    I don't even know if I'm hitting 3k Calories nowadays.   I try to pack on them with butter, cheese, olive/coconut oil, eggs, etc...

Nice Lifts AZ --   At first glance I thought you was Chris Duffin...   hahhaha   That's a damn complement and a half.
View Quote

Thanks, though my beard is bigger than his.  

edit:  I almost forgot to mention that I did the whole whiskey and deadlifts thing today... even though that is rum on the left.... 160 proof rum.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#22]

I am eating 3000+ easy.

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

3k and ill drop 10lbs in a week. Anything  less then 5k and im going backwards
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]

edit:  I almost forgot to mention that I did the whole whiskey and deadlifts thing today... even though that is rum on the left.... 160 proof rum.  [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smurl]
View All Quotes

edit:  I almost forgot to mention that I did the whole whiskey and deadlifts thing today... even though that is rum on the left.... 160 proof rum.  [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smurl]

I thought I was the only one. Two shots of evan williams for a damn good workout. Two coors  lights before 5mile runs helps my speed
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#24]

edit:  I almost forgot to mention that I did the whole whiskey and deadlifts thing today... even though that is rum on the left.... 160 proof rum.  

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11751939_10153402485166970_7566347662895955882_n.jpg?oh=2e84466177c346d1b3b10e442cf808b9&oe=561CB0BF
View All Quotes

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11751939_10153402485166970_7566347662895955882_n.jpg?oh=2e84466177c346d1b3b10e442cf808b9&oe=561CB0BF

Is the whiskey for before, during or after the workout?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

Dec 2012 to mid 2014 was not a great time for sure... Here is to hoping the 2016ers are solid... Probably dreaming the unachievable there.
View All Quotes

Ugh.  It seems like every time I read something really remarkably stupid in GD I scroll up a bit and... sure enough, 2013 or 2014.  

We need less 'fresh meat'.

Dec 2012 to mid 2014 was not a great time for sure... Here is to hoping the 2016ers are solid... Probably dreaming the unachievable there.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:35:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Flashover343:

View All Quotes

Ugh.  It seems like every time I read something really remarkably stupid in GD I scroll up a bit and... sure enough, 2013 or 2014.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:37:22 AM EDT
[#27]
broke thread?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

I am only 220#s. So there is that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

I think if I ate 3,000 plus calories a day right now, I'd be a fatass. My only gains would be a spare tire. I put weight on only in my gut... and face. I'm not sure what will happen when the weights get heavier. If I could eat big without just putting it on in my waist. The last time I lifted heavy was when my metabolism was twice as fast, and that was pre kicked in the nads/ hernia surgery. I guess that was better than 10 years ago now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:52:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#31]
Well, I had a bad day at my comp on Saturday.  I guess I was still sick or something because I turned blue during my first workout, about couldn't finish it; finished 2 minutes longer than my practice time.  Here is a photo the event put up of my heat.  Fucking stacked with several of the top athletes in the state.  I'm the one doing a pushup with the red R on my shorts.

Then couldn't recover for about an hour afterwards.  So I dropped out.  Cleaning 135 felt like 225.  First time in my life I ever couldn't go unbroken on KB swings.  Usually a rest for me.  Fucking sucked.  It went well for my friends though.  My training partner, the bald guy in the photo above, got 3rd place.  Another guy from my gym, the one right below me in the pic, got second.  

The open division was stacked.  One dude deadlifted 600 pounds.  Hell, novice division was stacked.  My buddy, another guy from my gym got 3rd in novice.  It was his 3rd time legitimately deadlifting heavy.  He last DL'ed with me a few weeks ago and hit 475.  Well, he ran out of time during the competition after pretty easily pulling 525.  he could have kept on going.  But another guy in novice went 555.  Insane.  A girl from our gym got 2nd in women's open.  She deadlifted 295.  I think the girl who got first went 315.

There was also a sanctioned USPA event there as well.  A giant dude put up like 1800 something, including a 700 something pound squat.  I wish I could have watched more of the powerlifting.

ETA:  tldr:  I'm a piece of shit and I suck.  But some of my buddies are awesome.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Well, I had a bad day at my comp on Saturday.  I guess I was still sick or something because I turned blue during my first workout, about couldn't finish it; finished 2 minutes longer than my practice time.  Here is a photo the event put up of my heat.  Fucking stacked with several of the top athletes in the state.  I'm the one doing a pushup with the red R on my shorts.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10983217_1025687927455890_1973824526877884729_n.jpg?oh=8c4bbbc4363b396fafa2b3fb2ac17b11&oe=561B47E4

Then couldn't recover for about an hour afterwards.  So I dropped out.  Cleaning 135 felt like 225.  First time in my life I ever couldn't go unbroken on KB swings.  Usually a rest for me.  Fucking sucked.  It went well for my friends though.  My training partner, the bald guy in the photo above, got 3rd place.  Another guy from my gym, the one right below me in the pic, got second.  

The open division was stacked.  One dude deadlifted 600 pounds.  Hell, novice division was stacked.  My buddy, another guy from my gym got 3rd in novice.  It was his 3rd time legitimately deadlifting heavy.  He last DL'ed with me a few weeks ago and hit 475.  Well, he ran out of time during the competition after pretty easily pulling 525.  he could have kept on going.  But another guy in novice went 555.  Insane.  A girl from our gym got 2nd in women's open.  She deadlifted 295.  I think the girl who got first went 315.

There was also a sanctioned USPA event there as well.  A giant dude put up like 1800 something, including a 700 something pound squat.  I wish I could have watched more of the powerlifting.

ETA:  tldr:  I'm a piece of shit and I suck.  But some of my buddies are awesome.
View Quote

You couldn't do that in a parking lot here. People would die of heat stoke and the weights would melt into the asphalt.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:08:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#33]

15er here

View All Quotes

15er here

eta fucked up that quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

Im only 210
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#35]

eta fucked up that quote
View All Quotes

15er here

eta fucked up that quote

Figures.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By bigpappaferg:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigpappaferg:

http://www.kabukiwarrior.com/whiskeyanddeadlifts/
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Im only 210
View All Quotes

I am eating 3000+ easy.

Im only 210

How the hell are you burning so many calories?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#39]

How the hell are you burning so many calories?
View Quote

Intensity son, I lift with the intensity of a thousand sons fueled by hate and discontent.

Im not not really sure actually. I joke the Marines tested a super soldier serum on me.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Went to the Dr's office that said I was all good on T back in February. Got a copy of the lab. 250 FU real fucking cool!
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:30:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#41]
Went to the Dr's office that said I was all good on T back in February. Got a copy of the lab. 250 FU real fucking cool!
View Quote

Wow. Now that I've seen what the norm is supposed to be, I'm not sure if I'd go back there.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Wow. Now that I've seen what the norm is supposed to be, I'm not sure if I'd go back there.
View All Quotes

That was already a given. They never bothered to call me with results. Then when I called they just said I was good. They never sent me a bill until I received a collection notice. The Dr. sucked talked to me for like 2 minutes and the nurses were all bitches. Fuck that place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:05:53 PM EDT
[#44]

That was already a given. They never bothered to call me with results. Then when I called they just said I was good. They never sent me a bill until I received a collection notice. The Dr. sucked talked to me for like 2 minutes and the nurses were all bitches. Fuck that place.
View All Quotes

I just changed doctors too. My doc wouldn't see me for two weeks. Only time I went in, when I was super sick or hurt bad and needed meds now. He has an urgent care in his office. So when I was bad sick, I'd go in and say I was one of the family practice patients and needed to see a doc. Then I'd get treated like a crankster that was trying to scam meds. I'd be like, "See my damn face freaking out! I have a cold and can't sleep from all of the coughing, messed up throat, and nasal drain! Just get me a cough med so I can sleep at night." They'd be like, "you a drug addict aren't you?" I'd be all, "Fuck you."

Love my new doc. He's a good guy. If I'm bad sick, he'll squeeze me in the schedule to see me. And since I'm not covered in track marks, he knows I'm not a tweeker.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#45]

I just changed doctors too. My doc wouldn't see me for two weeks. Only time I went in, when I was super sick or hurt bad and needed meds now. He has an urgent care in his office. So when I was bad sick, I'd go in and say I was one of the family practice patients and needed to see a doc. Then I'd get treated like a crankster that was trying to scam meds. I'd be like, "See my damn face freaking out! I have a cold and can't sleep from all of the coughing, messed up throat, and nasal drain! Just get me a cough med so I can sleep at night." They'd be like, "you a drug addict aren't you?" I'd be all, "Fuck you."

Love my new doc. He's a good guy. If I'm bad sick, he'll squeeze me in the schedule to see me. And since I'm not covered in track marks, he knows I'm not a tweeker.
View All Quotes

I may have asked this before, but where are you in CA?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm up here in Jefferson. About an hour and a half north of Sac.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm up here in Jefferson. About an hour and a half north of Sac.
View Quote

Ah gotcha. I wish I was up there if I have to be in CA.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Your experience is almost a mirror of mine.  They used the same words, "You're good."

When I finally got to meet with the doctor as mentioned before about him saying "So what do you want me to do?"

I said, "Treat it."

He didn't want to and I remember word for word saying "If any of my other blood work came back 3 points outside of normal, you'd have me at a specialist right now."

The only difference is the nurses were all nice to me.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Sick.

Sore throat, swollen lymph nodes, neck pain, fever.

no squatting today. :(

Dr. gave me 30 (!!!) tabs of hydrocodone and said "get some rest, drink some oj, let it run its course."

Hope it does that before my comp this weekend.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top