Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 29
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Better be some real good fucking chess going on...
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The White House spokesperson at 18:00.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OR maybe he's playing a bit of good cop bad cop with the NRA.  He takes a position of power and then lets the NRA flex their muscle and look like the good guys, thereby winning back some support and donations. Trump looks tough on "gun crime issues" but still doesnt actually deliver a ban.  Thats assuming he doesnt really deliver a ban which im 50/50 on right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just doesn't make any sense. He has to know he doesn't have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
Exactly.  It isn't going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn't going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He's been smart so far.
Trump is angry with the NRA simply because they told him: "No" (and published it relative to opposing purchase age increases).

He is not used to hearing "no" from many much less from an organization I don't believe he actually respects.

He is an egotist and his ego is more important than his word or any sense of gratitude.
OR maybe he's playing a bit of good cop bad cop with the NRA.  He takes a position of power and then lets the NRA flex their muscle and look like the good guys, thereby winning back some support and donations. Trump looks tough on "gun crime issues" but still doesnt actually deliver a ban.  Thats assuming he doesnt really deliver a ban which im 50/50 on right now.
Interesting take. Seriously.

How about running out those 50/50 decimal points until you find the tipping point. It can't be EXACTLY 50/50.

I think it is better than 50 because both the RINOs, Dems and banners know this will hurt Trump with bedrock elements of his base. They will do whatever they can to get ANY infringing new bill/law possible onto Trump's desk.

As a two'fer, if they can get Trump to get concessions from the NRA, it will maim the NRA in my opinion for years. Bump stocks were bad enough.

RINOs, dems and banners are on the verge of an EPIC victory for themselves because they will have lured Trump into breaking a solemn promise to his bedrock base that will gain him ZERO votes. It will also cost Trump his credibility and the enthusiasm of a critical part of his base.

It may also cause the NRA to be pressured into a tragic, never to be forgotten betrayal of its core values.

It looks like Trump is about to make an epic mistake. I most sincerely hope the NRA does not follow him down a path that leads to its own ruin.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:47:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How about running out those 50/50 decimal points until you find the tipping point. It can't be EXACTLY 50/50.

I think it is better than 50 because both the RINOs, Dems and banners know this will hurt Trump with bedrock elements of his base. They will do whatever they can to get ANY infringing new bill/law possible onto Trump's desk.

As a two'fer, if they can get Trump to get concessions from the NRA, it will maim the NRA in my opinion for years. Bump stocks were bad enough.

RINOs, dems and banners are on the verge of an EPIC victory for themselves because they will have lured Trump into breaking a solemn promise to his bedrock base that will gain him ZERO votes. It will also cost Trump his credibility and the enthusiasm of a critical part of his base.

It may also cause the NRA to be pressured into a tragic, never to be forgotten betrayal of its core values.

It looks like Trump is about to make an epic mistake. I most sincerely hope the NRA does not follow him down a path that leads to its own ruin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It just doesn't make any sense. He has to know he doesn't have the authority. Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
Exactly.  It isn't going to happen, or at least happen in a manner that remains in effect.  EO is blatantly unlawful and congress isn't going to commit suicide.   Just the logistics of banning bumpstocks is a fucking nightmare.  I really do not understand Trump here, because watching him comment today, he was dead serious.  Fucking idiot I guess?  He's been smart so far.
Trump is angry with the NRA simply because they told him: "No" (and published it relative to opposing purchase age increases).

He is not used to hearing "no" from many much less from an organization I don't believe he actually respects.

He is an egotist and his ego is more important than his word or any sense of gratitude.

Another option is its a back room sell out of the farthest right segment of his base.  He knows it will cost him X% +/- of R votes BUT it might gain him Y% +/- of some sweet moderate votes.  His core demographic isnt going to vote D so those votes cancel out.  BUT the moderates would have voted D so those are all gravy.  This is greatly over simplified and discounting things like electoral college etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:50:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
NO COMPROMISE!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only possible way I could agree with bump stocks being regulated is if the MG registry is opened and we can buy new MGs again. If bump stocks create a MG then they have to open the registry to add them. I dunno wtf Trump is doing but lets hope it doesn't go to an EO because that will set off a constitutionality fight and set precedent for future presidents to EO away even more of the 2A.
NO COMPROMISE!!!
Um being able to register new MGs, actual MGs, would be a win for us.  I was 1 in 1986.

Probably a 0.0087% chance that is what he is doing.  But a guy can dream.

Hit the contact the whitehouse link and let me know you ain’t happy about gun control
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Um being able to register new MGs, actual MGs, would be a win for us.  I was 1 in 1986.

Hit the contact the whitehouse link and let me know you ain’t happy about gun control
View Quote
Let me just go ahead and round that down to 0 for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:06:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  I’m mad a fuck and Trump and everyone here who acted like an ass to anyone who supported better 2A guys in the primary.  It was nasty.

He does any gun control, legislation, EO, I’m done.  Not voting for that shit.

I’ve been writing reps and the whitehouse last couple days.  If I can get some time when I’m off work Wednesday I’ll write up a good firemission so we can hammer the emails on any pending legislation.  Social media campaign too.  This stuff was easier to do without a kid/job after Sandy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Honestly posted it to see if I could get some funny reactions or something from the "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..." crowd. What with the argument by the left that all AR-15s and "hi-capacity magazines" should be banned because bad people can buy and use them. And seeing as "Democratic Satan" would be able to afford nukes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is any of the relevant to my statement? The 2A is what it is. Who am I to restrict anyone based on prejudice, attitude, or wealth?
Honestly posted it to see if I could get some funny reactions or something from the "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..." crowd. What with the argument by the left that all AR-15s and "hi-capacity magazines" should be banned because bad people can buy and use them. And seeing as "Democratic Satan" would be able to afford nukes.
Gotcha.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Same here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever. If he signs an EO against bumpstocks making them (unlawfully) a machinegun, I will file a lawsuit against him.
I promise to donate to the legal fund if you do.
Same here.
As will I
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 4:37:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People who were mad at trump over guns will still be mad at him over a million other issues
View Quote
Wrong.

Trump can do anything else he needs to do and I won't complain unless there are no results at election time.

So far he's doing a great job in every other area considering what he's up against.  BUT,

I will not tolerate any gun control.

Republican own both houses and the Whitehouse so there is no reason for any gun control to pass.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wrong.

Trump can do anything else he needs to do and I won't complain unless there are no results at election time.

So far he's doing a great job in every other area considering what he's up against.  BUT,

Republican own both houses and the Whitehouse so there is no reason for any gun control to pass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People who were mad at trump over guns will still be mad at him over a million other issues
Wrong.

I think Aimless was specifically talking about his Democrat enemies.  And he's correct.

He's alienating his supporters and won't gain any popularity or support from his detractors.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hell yeah!

Talk shit about taking on the NRA. Talk a YUGE game about banning a accessory. Maybe sprinkle in raising age restrictions for gun purchasers...

Freedom boner intensifies!

It has the ego of Obama with a hint of Obama’s “I’ve got a phone and a pen”. It’s like he never left office.

THAT is what I voted for!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think Aimless was specifically talking about his Democrat enemies.  And he's correct.

He's alienating his supporters and won't gain any popularity or support from his detractors.
View Quote
I dunno. I've heard a lot of morons in public praising this move, despite the fact they have no idea what the fuck a bumpstock is.

The average idiot has been fed a constant stream of CNN horseshit that Trump is literally Hitler and wants dead babies. Trump has to fight to keep the social moderates he had in 2016. Trying to appear non-extreme on an issue defined by extremes may be part of what he is doing.

I also think the NRA is guiding this. They threw bumpstocks under the bus after Vegas. Now suddenly Trump does too? I think the NRA sees it as a public distraction to avoid worse bans, and in the case of an Executive Order, one easily struck down in court.

Additionally, if the court does strike it down, it gives him all sorts of ammo regarding how DACA and his immigration ban have been handled by the courts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#16]
wrapped on tight

He issues EO to ban bump stocks.
NRA sues that he isn't a dictator and doesn't have authority to write legislation.
0bama appointed judge agrees that @realDonaldTrump isn't dictator and cannot write legislation; thusly, overturns EO.

@realDonaldTrump then does and cancels DACA EO saying that the court told him to do so.

Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Is he setting up for an amnesty or something else?  He can direct sessions to grant an amnesty and register what is probably 100k+ (Or more) bump firing devices as machine guns?
View Quote
Were any of those bump firing devices legally possessed before the effective date of 18 USC 922 (o)?

If not, then once classified as machine guns, they can't be legally possessed now. That is the point and the effect of subsection (o).

The Internal Revenue Code only permits registration (making or transfer) of a firearm IF the registered firearm would be legally possessed. Since the newly classified machine guns can't be legally possessed they can't be legally registered.

There will be no "amnesty".
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's unfortunate. So you'll need a tax stamp to own a bumpstock?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
News said if Congress does not ban bump stocks Trump will sign an executive order Banning bump stocks classifying them as machine guns.
That's unfortunate. So you'll need a tax stamp to own a bumpstock?
Fingers will be next
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
wrapped on tight

He issues EO to ban bump stocks.
NRA sues that he isn't a dictator and doesn't have authority to write legislation.
0bama appointed judge agrees that @realDonaldTrump isn't dictator and cannot write legislation; thusly, overturns EO.

@realDonaldTrump then does and cancels DACA EO saying that the court told him to do so.

View Quote
Geezus you people will engage in any fantasy to keep believing the 4D chess thing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 7:59:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Geezus you people will engage in any fantasy to keep believing the 4D chess thing.
View Quote
It's sad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It's sad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's sad.
Ayup. https://youtu.be/rMmiLWDpCno
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm worried, but I'm not despondent yet.

Remember he's pulled this takeaway move a couple times on the wall and on DACA. He's repeatedly taken a contrary position -- that he knows his opposition will never accept or get passed -- to rile up his base, take political cover, create stray voltage, and troll his enemies. We've never seen a President do it so effectively so of course he'll trip up a few of his supporters along with the commies. I won't believe he's actually sold us out until something gets signed. I'm more willing to trust Trump than the average hysterical ARFCOMGD purse swinger.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Which is exactly why this course of action is madness.  It gains you nothing from detractors and costs you supporters.  The precious independents will not care about some bump stock ban in 20 months.

Stupid.  Just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This isn't GD. This is some bizarro GD. I knew something wasn't right when I saw RarestRX and gym007 agree on something, and it hasn't felt right since.

I need to wake up.

Help.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever. If he signs an EO against bumpstocks making them (unlawfully) a machinegun, I will file a lawsuit against him.
This right here is why we can be friends.
Think about this; We're cheering Nolo for promising to sue Trump.

Wrap that around your think box.
This isn't GD. This is some bizarro GD. I knew something wasn't right when I saw RarestRX and gym007 agree on something, and it hasn't felt right since.

I need to wake up.

Help.

I’ll help.

This is just 4th dimensional underwater parchessi on President Trump’s part inan effort to get gun owners to come together for the mid term elections.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Remember he's pulled this takeaway move a couple times on the wall and on DACA.
View Quote
At this point, not a single dime has been appropriated to build a barrier. Worse, no money for construction was authorized in the "budget deal" which passed earlier this month. Unless something changes, that means no construction until fiscal 2020 at the earliest.

As for DACA, the courts have continued the program. Renewal applications are being accepted. That won't change any time soon.

No win on either of those so far.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I do.  I think bump stocks are stupid and should never have been legal either.
View Quote
So what you're really saying is you don't support the 2nd Amendment.

The 2nd Amendment protects bumpstocks, accessories, and even machineguns.  If you "support the Second Amendment, BUT..." then you really don't support it.

You may support a limited right to bear arms, but that's not what the 2A is.  Be honest about it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If you don't think machine guns should be obtainable for civilians than you don't support the 2nd amendment.
View Quote
This.

I don't know what amendment he supports, but it isn't the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep, prices will go through the roof right up until there's no grandfathering announced and they crash to $25.
View Quote
People don't care if they are grandfathered.  They will still use them and keep them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Many of them would rather Hillary won and an all out ban.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In before the ATF defines a bump stock as anything that facilitates bumpfiring.  
View Quote
Pants will be banned.  No fingers, either.

Jerry Miculek will be put in quarantine.

That 3D printed device that costs $2 in materials....
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
The waste of a tinfoil gif.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Can that even be done?

I mean, EO can affect import/export, but not legal items made here.

Unless he's got a reclassification from BATFE or a law thru congress, I don't think it's actually doable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#34]
I hope you carry adequately wherever you go.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
At this point, not a single dime has been appropriated to build a barrier. Worse, no money for construction was authorized in the "budget deal" which passed earlier this month. Unless something changes, that means no construction until fiscal 2020 at the earliest.

As for DACA, the courts have continued the program. Renewal applications are being accepted. That won't change any time soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember he's pulled this takeaway move a couple times on the wall and on DACA.

Can the SCOTUS decide to hear the case on DACA if the 9th Circuit doesn't "act expeditiously" as opined by the Justices???
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've practiced over the years to the point where I can achieve full auto rate of fire from a WASR. Have been asked at the range if I had my stamp. I have videos on youtube. I'm thinking of removing them before I see one on CNN one night.
View Quote
I'd like to see this.  Mind PMing it to me before you take it down?

And please, keep practicing.  And teaching the right people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can the SCOTUS decide to hear the case on DACA if the 9th Circuit doesn't "act expeditiously" as opined by the Justices???
View Quote
There are no apparent limits to the power of the Fine Nine.

However, such a move would be highly unusual.

The Supreme Court generally only hears cases on direct appeal from the district court in "emergencies".
You're probably familiar with one such emergency case - U.S. v. Miller.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you, Nolo.  I knew you would.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  God Bless You.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
.  Yeah I’m sure.  The USSC is the definition of grinding slowly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The Supreme Court generally only hears cases on direct appeal from the district court in "emergencies".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.

If the 9th Circuit takes too long to decide I would imagine a competent AG would ask the SCOTUS to step in again..............but Sessions...................
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thank you, this is exactly what needs to be done if he tries ban any kind of merchandise from being sold without going through the proper procedures..
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#42]
I honestly have no idea what he's doing. I've come to pay attention more to a person's actions than their words over the years. As a cop, people will tell me one thing, and then do another. It happens all the time. Thugs, thieves, and drug addicts will all tell you the aint doin nuffin, but their body language is completely different and tells me they are doing the exact opposite of what they are saying.

I dont think Trump is selling us out. For all the rancor and chaos he's caused, he's always been several steps ahead of his opponents. I dont know what his game plan is, and what he is saying about bump stocks has been very upsetting, but everything he's done in the 13 months since he's been our President has shown something completely different than what he's saying now.

I'm hoping that he's doing the same thing here...saying one thing, setting them up, and going to deliver something better for us instead.
I could be wrong.
God, I hope not, but it's possible. I'm just going on past performance here.
Setting Gorsuch up and making him a Supreme Court Justice is an odd move for someone who hates guns, especially since Gorsuch is a strict Constitutionalist.

I've contacted my Senator (Blunt), and my Rep regarding ANY new 2A legislation and I'm writing a letter to go along with the phone conversation I had with their staffers, so I'm not just blindly trusting Trump will do what I want him to do.

One way or another, we will all see how this shakes out...hopefully, in our favor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#43]
There are virtually no single issue anti gun voters. There are boatloads of single issue pro gun voters. This won't swing any votes to him. Absolutely retarded play.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bump-handguards?
View Quote
That's a good ass fuckin idea
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#45]
does this mean they will open the NFA since bump stocks will be machine guns? file the tax stamp for the bump stock and make a MG?
been wondering this for a few days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#46]
what sucks about this is its a double win for the left. They get to fracture Trump's base and since he is attaching to the NRA a huge blow to them as well.
Whoever the heck is in his ear we need to get them out of it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm worried, but I'm not despondent yet.

Remember he's pulled this takeaway move a couple times on the wall and on DACA. He's repeatedly taken a contrary position -- that he knows his opposition will never accept or get passed -- to rile up his base, take political cover, create stray voltage, and troll his enemies. We've never seen a President do it so effectively so of course he'll trip up a few of his supporters along with the commies. I won't believe he's actually sold us out until something gets signed. I'm more willing to trust Trump than the average hysterical ARFCOMGD purse swinger.
View Quote
I agree with you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#48]
It’s not about the fucking bump stocks....

Nobody cares about the fucking bump stocks..

It’s about what’s next........
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
exactly. Im pretty mad that he would even throw them a bone. We thought his line was "support the 2A." now its "I still support the 2A but..." and that doesnt sit well with ANY of us.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
It needs to be said again and again and again.

It’s not about stocks. It’s about the precedent. Trump has allowed the liberal notion that objects can cause crime to become real. Thus banning objects will keep people safe.

We got out of the AWB in 04 with proof that banning objects does not decrease crime and yet here we are, right back to 1993 with the discussion that we “have to do something!”
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top