Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those assets are seized by the department of justice.  
An executive agency.

Would the president have final say in what would happen with the money?
View Quote
It goes into the Treasury, where I am fairly certain it could only be spent via appropriate allocation.

That's why Cruz proposed the "El Chapo Act."

Unfortunately, I don't see the House getting on board...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So fine Chapo $12B. If he can't pay, he goes to a US jail forever.

If he can, so be it. He takes his $2B in "phantom money", goes back to MX and whacks everybody he thinks might have turned him in. That includes all the politicians he paid off and rival gang leaders. Couple months/years worth of revenge and he'll reduce rival bad guy populatiin by 50%. By that time, we've used the $12B to build a wall, legalized and taxing the hell out of his product and his market evaporates.
View Quote
Lmao. Awesome!
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No one will see a dime of that money.
View Quote
Not even Forrest Gump.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It goes into the Treasury, where I am fairly certain it could only be spent via appropriate allocation.

That's why Cruz proposed the "El Chapo Act."

Unfortunately, I don't see the House getting on board...
View Quote
The AG can use those funds forfeited to go after drug smugglers can't he?

IIRC, police agencies use the funds for that purpose all the time don't they?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Huh.  A person can "gift" money directly to the DOJ Forfeiture Fund.

That's a weird thing to put into the law....
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The way I heard it is that Cruz is sponsoring legislation to make this happen.
View Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the DoJ asked Cruz to propose this legislation.  
Congress can step in and direct that any available federal cash be used for specific purposes.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the DoJ asked Cruz to propose this legislation.  
Congress can step in and direct that any available federal cash be used for specific purposes.  
View Quote
The law seems to give the AG A LOT of leeway on how the money is spent if he says it is for drug smuggling types of things.

And considering opioids are coming in about as often and as much as cane sugar these days I doubt it would be hard to stop him.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:08:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You say Trump was always lying about a wall.

Why are you still criticizing him for that considering you think a wall is stupid in the first place?
View Quote
I have always maintained that a wall would only work if we were also criminally targeting businesses (like Trump Corp) who import illegals.

A wall is completely and totally useless in its current configuration it’s being sold as. Trump sold us down the river on this...

A wall is completely useless if we are allowing businesses like Trump Corp to escape criminal culpablity in hiring illegals...

The wall —while Trump Corp and the Chamber of Commerce imports foreign/illegal labor— is utterly useless.

Criminally targeting Trump Corp, punishing businesses that hire illegals, removing the carrot on the stick driving illegals here... then a wall will work.

Trumps words on forcing Mexico to pay for the wall through remittances were all nothing more than falsehoods and lies.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I want the wall and everything but all that “free money” should go toward our debt. Gotta start paying it down sometime.
View Quote
Building the wall will stop some other on-going expenditures. IF done correctly, this would slow down the debt's growth so we could being to address it.

but as long as more costs arrive illegally every day, the debt will continue to grow. (Yes, there are many other items contributing to the debt, but this seems like an easy place to start)
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have always maintained that a wall would only work if we were also criminally targeting businesses (like Trump Corp) who import illegals.

A wall is completely and totally useless in its current configuration it’s being sold as. Trump sold us down the river on this...

A wall is completely useless if we are allowing businesses like Trump Corp to escape criminal culpablity in hiring illegals...

The wall —while Trump Corp and the Chamber of Commerce imports foreign/illegal labor— is utterly useless.

Criminally targeting Trump Corp, punishing businesses that hire illegals, removing the carrot on the stick driving illegals here... then a wall will work.

Trumps words on forcing Mexico to pay for the wall through remittances were all nothing more than falsehoods and lies.
View Quote
Fair enough on the e-verify...…...did you notice the FUCKS in Congress left that one out of there???

I DO AGREE COMPLETELY with you that MANY so called right wingers are in the hip pocket of the Chamber of Commerce and one of the best, if not the best way to stop illegal immigration would be under a e-verify law.

Democrats are for both that (i.e., no e-verify) and votes.

But the wall does have a purpose and on that I guess we will never agree fully.

ETA:  There was a GOP Rep from Texas on one of the talking head stations yesterday "back tracking" when asked "why the fuck didn't you people go for e-verify???".

In a nutshell...…..all I got out of the GOP Rep's response was "blah, blah...…….BLAH".

ETA:  It might have been on Laura's show where I saw that yesterday...….I can't remember.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Judicial Watch Presents: The Sun City Cell
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Romney is a lying weasel. End of story. At least Trump is trying to do something besides sell out the country. It's difficult though, when the junior senator from UT is working actively against him.

What state will Romney be from next? Let's see, Michigan when daddy was governor, than Mass, now Utah. Maybe Idaho next? Who knows, really. Nevada maybe?

Romney is a politician through and through. And that's not a compliment by any means. If his lips are moving, he's lying about something.
View Quote
Blame Romney.

Move the goal posts.

Obfuscate, lie, and pass blame.

Trump failed in his campaign promise to force Mexico to pay for the wall because Trump failed. It’s no one else’s fault.

Romney voted *for* Trumps border wall (short fence) during the shut-down...

Romney has yet to vote against Trump on anything...

Trump painted himself into a corner... no one is to blame for that except Trump...

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No effective barrier will be built.
View Quote
Trump Corp, The Chamber of Commerce are powerful forces in Washington...

Companies that need illegal labor and an open-border write a lot of checks and control a lot of handouts in Washington...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm happy you voted for FHRC but I'm even happier your lady lost.
View Quote
You have me mixed up with Trump.

Trump funded and supported Hillary in the past.

Me? Never.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Sieze it from whom? If they do not have it available from US bank accounts, how will they get it?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't wanna hear can.
I wanna hear will.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Companies that need illegal labor and an open-border write a lot of checks and control a lot of handouts in Washington...
View Quote
This thread is about El Chapo funding the wall.  If you want to post unrelated drivel about Trump, you should find another thread.

Your posts demonstrate a lot of hatred for Trump and his policies.  All that hate's gonna burn you up kid.  
Have you ever considered some sort of counseling?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did Chapo really say that he had paid billions in bribes to U.S. politicians? I keep seeing that on Facebook, but nowhere else. I'm sure he did pay plenty, just don't know if he admitted it in court.
View Quote
This needs to be investigated. But not by the FBI...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread is about El Chapo funding the wall.  If you want to post unrelated drivel about Trump, you should find another thread.

Your posts demonstrate a lot of hatred for Trump and his policies.  All that hate's gonna burn you up kid.  
Have you ever considered some sort of counseling?  
View Quote
The law does appear to prevent it from going directly to an actual wall but it sure does appear to allow it to go for anything that reasonably could be stated to be to thwart drug smuggling.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If they can find where his cash is......
View Quote
That is what they have seized already.
There is probably a metric shit ton more out there
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No.  He'd be limited by what Congress has authorized the DOJ to spend the money on when it comes to seized funds.

ETA:  See the "Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984" for an idea of what DOJ can used seized funds for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

No.  He'd be limited by what Congress has authorized the DOJ to spend the money on when it comes to seized funds.

ETA:  See the "Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984" for an idea of what DOJ can used seized funds for.

Use of forfeited assets

The assets that are forfeited for criminal and civil offenses are used "to put more cops on the street," according to former United States President George H. W. Bush.[25] The assets are dispersed among the law enforcement community for things such as paying the attorneys involved in the forfeiture case, police vehicles, meth-lab clean up, and other equipment and furniture.[22]

Notable forfeitures
I'm ok with calling the wall other equipment and furniture.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They won't. The argument will be made that these seizures always go to law enforcement programs and they rely on it. So if Trump takes it he will be "stealing from law enforcement" and hampering "efforts against crime" or some bullshit.

And my "law enforcement programs" I mean fake programs made up with  friends and family put in as managers that draw massive salaries.
View Quote
A wall would be a law enforcement tool. border patrol and ICE said they want one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

Use of forfeited assets

The assets that are forfeited for criminal and civil offenses are used "to put more cops on the street," according to former United States President George H. W. Bush.[25] The assets are dispersed among the law enforcement community for things such as paying the attorneys involved in the forfeiture case, police vehicles, meth-lab clean up, and other equipment and furniture.[22]

Notable forfeitures
Here is the actual law...........

It goes beyond just that brief paragraph...…..if it is for drug smuggling purposes it does appear to give the AG a lot of power and leeway.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He can clearly buy more vehicles...…...and probably drones.

He can probably buy more beds for detention purposes...…...at the very least the AG can say all these funds are going to be used to go after drug smuggling.

Drones are aircraft aren't they?  If so, they can be purchased and used for finding drug traffickers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of all the things you listed it appears that "buys more equipment" would be allowed.  That's basically it.

Also he can't spend more than 500K on any one project without notifying Congress first...
He can clearly buy more vehicles...…...and probably drones.

He can probably buy more beds for detention purposes...…...at the very least the AG can say all these funds are going to be used to go after drug smuggling.

Drones are aircraft aren't they?  If so, they can be purchased and used for finding drug traffickers.
He can buy a wall and list it as equipment.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A wall would be a law enforcement tool. border patrol and ICE said they want one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They won't. The argument will be made that these seizures always go to law enforcement programs and they rely on it. So if Trump takes it he will be "stealing from law enforcement" and hampering "efforts against crime" or some bullshit.

And my "law enforcement programs" I mean fake programs made up with  friends and family put in as managers that draw massive salaries.
Seized money in this case would go to the DoJ and would be managed by the US Marshal service.

Border Patrol and ICE do not fall under the DoJ.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

Use of forfeited assets

Notable forfeitures
"That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works."
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The US is not holding the money.

The money is hidden, off the books, and the US will never see any significant amount of it, ever.

Trump isn't going to lock-down the border, ever. Trump hires illegals at his hotels and properties. Trump said what he needed to say about border security to get elected.
View Quote
Jesus man just make a meme about so you can quit typing the same paragraph in every post
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It goes beyond just that brief paragraph...…..if it is for drug smuggling purposes it does appear to give the AG a lot of power and leeway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

Use of forfeited assets

Notable forfeitures

I don't see how the AG can fund the DHS or build a Wall with those funds.  Seems outside the law.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Seized money in this case would go to the DoJ and would be managed by the US Marshal service.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

but they are a LE service. Gifting. the AG can gift a wall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:44:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't see how the AG can fund the DHS or build a Wall with those funds.  Seems outside the law.
View Quote
I already said it doesn't appear to allow the construction of a wall...…..it appears to be allowed to go after drug smuggling which is HUGE at our southern border.

So use it for that and watch the democrats squirm and crybaby over even that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

Use of forfeited assets

Notable forfeitures
Look. If you can bend the law to get a FISA warrant based on a piss dossier made by "the Russians" to spy on a presidential candidate, a president-elect and a president for "Russian collusion" you can bend the law for anything...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So fine Chapo $12B. If he can't pay, he goes to a US jail forever.

If he can, so be it. He takes his $2B in "phantom money", goes back to MX and whacks everybody he thinks might have turned him in. That includes all the politicians he paid off and rival gang leaders. Couple months/years worth of revenge and he'll reduce rival bad guy populatiin by 50%. By that time, we've used the $12B to build a wall, legalized and taxing the hell out of his product and his market evaporates.
View Quote

TC
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  A wall is not a Law Enforcement activity.

And no, the AG cannot gift money to another Department, if the activities it funds do not fall within the parameters of the law.

It could fund DoJ correctional facilities, but not DHS detention facilities.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#34]
So a Mexican will be paying for the wall?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Look. If you can bend the law to get a FISA warrant based on a piss dossier made by "the Russians" to spy on a presidential candidate, a president-elect and a president for "Russian collusion" you can bend the law for anything...
View Quote
Trump did do it for bumpstocks………….hmmm...…….
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
An executive agency.

Use of forfeited assets

Notable forfeitures
No.  Just.....no.  

There's specific laws and regulations and govern all of this - including specific definitions of things like "equipment".  This is the federal government we're talking about.

"Snuffy the GS-7 Contracting Officer" isn't going to break the law to build some fucking wall.  It's not going to happen not matter how much Trump tweets.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So a Mexican will be paying for the wall?
View Quote
that would be so sweet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And no, the AG cannot gift money to another Department, if the activities it funds do not fall within the parameters of the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the CFR definition of "equipment" excludes "real property" - i.e. buildings / real estate / etc.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Well, that would at least be one Mexican paying for it. :)
View Quote
Seeing as that money likely came from American junkies...
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Also the CFR definition of "equipment" excludes "real property" - i.e. buildings / real estate / etc.
View Quote
Not aircraft and vehicles though...….
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build it in removable sections.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Did I miss the memo about a new intentional misspelling?

Also, this sounds like a good way to get Mexico to pay for the wall.
View Quote
Good God...

Here: Grammarly
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Build it where?   On whose property?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:55:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I've been asking this since day one, what is the problem using seized drug money to fund shit like this?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eminent domain. for the public good. we are allowed to build protective devices separating countries right?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Socialist are gonna take it as war fund for get rid of ICE and CBP.

Then it will go to pro-immigrant groups and those who import them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:00:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe.
Quoted:
Not holding my breathe but would like to see it happen.

know, bro.  their spelling it write.  yew just dew knot no it yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:00:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did Chapo really say that he had paid billions in bribes to U.S. politicians? I keep seeing that on Facebook, but nowhere else. I'm sure he did pay plenty, just don't know if he admitted it in court.
Yeah CIA guys from Iran Contra should investigate...give Ollie a call...
8yrs of Obama on top of that brought to where we are today
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sieze it from whom? If they do not have it available from US bank accounts, how will they get it?
View Quote
How much US taxpayer money do our politicians give to Mexico every year...tap that
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No effective barrier will be built.

The need for cheap labor is the second least important reason for opposition to controlling the border.
You can't even imagine the most important reason.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top