BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1703
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Might get me some $5 MVIS this afternoon.
View Quote

Kind of an ugly truth.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Might get me some $5 MVIS this afternoon.
View Quote

Geee.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:07:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#3]
Market looks kind of weak at the moment.  Limp.  Lame.  Flat.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

Everyone spending money on Christmas instead of dumping it into the market maybe.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:20:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#5]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

Everyone spending money on Christmas instead of dumping it into the market maybe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I think that and many things.  End of year tax loss selling, FED talk of easing and rate hike, general uneasiness there.  I have a few out performers but 80% of my non-core holdings are down/flat.  This changes with the wind, though
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 9:44:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

You can't seriously believe that is what is going on...  That is your analysis of what is causing the market downturn?  Not the economic situation, not the rising money supply.  None of that stuff.  The stellar investment analysis you are presenting is that people are buying presents instead of stock.  m'kay
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:07:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Porkchop_Sandwiches] [#7]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:

You can't seriously believe that is what is going on...  That is your analysis of what is causing the market downturn?  Not the economic situation, not the rising money supply.  None of that stuff.  The stellar investment analysis you are presenting is that people are buying presents instead of stock.  m'kay
View All Quotes

On the retail level, he may be at least partially correct.

Plus you know, the drying up of disposable income, from spending it on things like food and gas
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy SENS or BBIG? Got $500 to blow...err...I mean invest.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
View Quote

We're gonna need a bigger cup.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
View Quote

50/50?  The safer bet might be SENS - waiting on FDA approval of a product..  It is trading below it's normal range and should return to high $3's.  I have been swing trading from about 3.24 to $4 but it dipped below that recently.  BBIG could be more lucrative short term but very high risk.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Kind of like our president
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

View All Quotes

Bidenflation: Producer Price Index Rises by Record 9.6%, Worse Than Expected
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#13]

50/50?  The safer bet might be SENS - waiting on FDA approval of a product..  It is trading below it's normal range and should return to high $3's.  I have been swing trading from about 3.24 to $4 but it dipped below that recently.  BBIG could be more lucrative short term but very high risk.
View All Quotes

That's about how I would sum it up too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
View All Quotes

What shall we name our newsletter?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Msft puts are up pretty big
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:27:59 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Sell a January $2.50 put on SENS and collect $30
The sell a $3 BBIG put for this Friday and collect $20

Then see what happens
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Today is not the day. I can feel it
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Looks like Innoviz is one of the other two lidar suppliers invited to the consortium.

Can anyone envision a situation when MVIS gets consolidated with another supplier. MVIS partnering or getting bought out by a lidar competitor. Is that even a possibility.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like Innoviz is one of the other two lidar suppliers invited to the consortium.

Can anyone envision a situation when MVIS gets consolidated with another supplier. MVIS partnering or getting bought out by a lidar competitor. Is that even a possibility.
View Quote

anything is possibility for the next year or so IMO
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By _B_:
View Quote
Tomorrow might not be any better
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 32DOHC:
View Quote

It will likely be worse. It's not much but have a 100 share buy set in the mid 5s.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

DiabetiBets
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm really enjoying the Tesla sale.  I bailed out of a high expense ratio mutual fund to buy more this morning.  Also taking advantage of the low DPLS price to help me average down some.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#24]
The most shorted stocks according to S3 real time short interest data
$BFRI – SI 91%
$LGVN – SI 66%
$BIRD – SI 65%
$CRTX – SI 45%
$IMUN – SI 43%
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Market taking an ass kicking today.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:14:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#26]

View Quote

Join date, post count. Welcome back fellow investor.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:19:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rumrunner358:

On the retail level, he may be at least partially correct.

Plus you know, the drying up of disposable income, from spending it on things like food and gas
View Quote

I'm pretty sure rising money supply makes stonks go up too.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Maximum pain in BBIG is $3.5 and there is a crazy low put call ratio. I don't see the price going over that unless something crazy happens.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:22:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _B_] [#29]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By _B_:
To be expected. Have powder to burn so its whatever
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:27:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#30]

View All Quotes

I wondered whether on his wall calendar for today, Tuesday December 14th, 2021 that he had penciled in "Act like a dick"
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Innoviz is an Israeli-based competitor. They went public via SPAC earlier this year, opened at about $14, currently trading at $6.47. Ticker is INVZ. They have a good reputation, but like almost everyone else in the sector they hold their cards (specs) close hold.

So much for a flat market...NASDAQ is getting pummeled, again. This flight from speculative tech is six months old at this point. When the (money) tide turns, these prices are going to look like a gift, IMO. Bought 2K shares yesterday and have another buy lined up today, but MVIS looks to be showing some resilience right now. If we do get anywhere close to $5 I'm going in heavy...

Read this morning the Fed will announce a stimulus tapering today(?) that will include an interest rate hike this year, two in 2022 and three in 2023. They may be dull(ish), but I love my balanced funds when they start playing these games. We're going into V. Wessesley and Wellington Admiral in the new year, 'cause I'm sitting on a significant amount of cash and I'm not brave enough to roll it all on a single equity.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#32]
so

much

red
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#33]
More color on Innoviz, compliments of mvis_thma (OG whale):

"My perception is that the Innoviz technology is very similar to the Microvision technology. If I recall, there was some discussion here about the possibility that there may have been an early connection from a technology standpoint. I don't remember the theory specifically but I thought it was a connection between an Israeli company, bTendo (acquired by STM around 2012) and Innoviz also being an Israeli company - and perhaps a further connection there. At any rate the Innoviz technology seems very similar to Microvision's (905nm laser, MEMs LBS scanning)."

There are lots of connections between MVIS and INVZ, none of them particularly wholesome. Plenty of conspiracy theories about where INVZ's tech came from, and how they got so far, so fast. One hugely encouraging note, however...at the core they are using MVIS tech, and as such at some point that becomes accountable (per Sumit, they don't pursue IP infringement until a product actually comes to market).

It does heavily reinforce to potential customers the dominance of MEMS/LBS in the Lidar sector.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:14:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#34]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Innoviz is an Israeli-based competitor. They went public via SPAC earlier this year, opened at about $14, currently trading at $6.47. Ticker is INVZ. They have a good reputation, but like almost everyone else in the sector they hold their cards (specs) close hold.

So much for a flat market...NASDAQ is getting pummeled, again. This flight from speculative tech is six months old at this point. When the (money) tide turns, these prices are going to look like a gift, IMO. Bought 2K shares yesterday and have another buy lined up today, but MVIS looks to be showing some resilience right now. If we do get anywhere close to $5 I'm going in heavy...

Read this morning the Fed will announce a stimulus tapering today(?) that will include an interest rate hike this year, two in 2022 and three in 2023. They may be dull(ish), but I love my balanced funds when they start playing these games. We're going into V. Wessesley and Wellington Admiral in the new year, 'cause I'm sitting on a significant amount of cash and I'm not brave enough to roll it all on a single equity.
View Quote

Interesting, I too am closely watching tech, been trying to trade small amounts of some of them on this recent volatility but it appears much better buy-in prices are just ahead - it could be a great time to build a tech portfolio and load up.  Also monitoring '2nd tier' tech names other than the big 5-6.   Recently I've become a bit cautious with my funds - been skimming a couple of points off the top of some  401K Vanguard mutual funds and moving that to the stable value fund.   Started this 4 weeks ago - just 2-3% at a time or so and I notice week to week, regardless of what the market does that fund always holds ground and goes positive - (I guess that's by design but I never had the need to test it before).   If we take a drastic plunge and IF I would need to cash something out, I will have that to go to first.  Definitely pulling back and accumulating some cash for what I think might be a good opportunity in the next quarter or so.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Can't believe I'm green right now. I've taken an absolute beating the last 4 weeks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#37]
TOMDF
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I wish I had some more cash to buy-in right now. But with Christmas, my semi-annual car insurance due, and a couple trips this month i'm tapped out. I need 5k more shares of SENS that and i'll be tapped out on that for the long hold. Then I'll get to get back into some other stocks or indexes.

My crypto is down almost 50% at this point.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#39]
One hugely encouraging note, however...at the core they are using MVIS tech, and as such at some point that becomes accountable (per Sumit, they don't pursue IP infringement until a product actually comes to market).

It does heavily reinforce to potential customers the dominance of MEMS/LBS in the Lidar sector.
View Quote

So, if a company buys tech that infringes on MVIS patents, can MVIS watch them sell a million units and then say "hey, you owe us licensing fees on that INVZ stuff you sold to consumers"?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#40]
More color on Innoviz, compliments of mvis_thma (OG whale):

"My perception is that the Innoviz technology is very similar to the Microvision technology. If I recall, there was some discussion here about the possibility that there may have been an early connection from a technology standpoint. I don't remember the theory specifically but I thought it was a connection between an Israeli company, bTendo (acquired by STM around 2012) and Innoviz also being an Israeli company - and perhaps a further connection there. At any rate the Innoviz technology seems very similar to Microvision's (905nm laser, MEMs LBS scanning)."

There are lots of connections between MVIS and INVZ, none of them particularly wholesome. Plenty of conspiracy theories about where INVZ's tech came from, and how they got so far, so fast. One hugely encouraging note, however...at the core they are using MVIS tech, and as such at some point that becomes accountable (per Sumit, they don't pursue IP infringement until a product actually comes to market).

View Quote

What I'm reading there is there's some Israeli startup with possibly stolen tech and the CEO refuses to even bother pursuing the IP theft 'because they haven't brought it to market yet.'

What a terrible tactic, especially with the share price in the shitter. They're essentially letting a company reverse engineer and develop their product that could potentially bring it to market first and more effectively, and starve MVIS out when they finally decide to pursue the IP infringement since MVIS's only revenue stream is fucking shareholders over with open-ended forever offerings that allow shorts to short with impunity and crush the share price to the point where another offering dropping would put it back in a compliance fight.

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
@KaiK

https://thembmarket.com/1955-mercedes-benz-180d
View Quote

Wow! That one is pretty darn clean.

I capped some of the under hood pics to help figure out where everything is supposed to go.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:59:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

What I'm reading there is there's some Israeli startup with possibly stolen tech and the CEO refuses to even bother pursuing the IP theft 'because they haven't brought it to market yet.'

What a terrible tactic, especially with the share price in the shitter. They're essentially letting a company reverse engineer and develop their product that could potentially bring it to market first and more effectively, and starve MVIS out when they finally decide to pursue the IP infringement since MVIS's only revenue stream is fucking shareholders over with open-ended forever offerings that allow shorts to short with impunity and crush the share price to the point where another offering dropping would put it back in a compliance fight.

View Quote

I mean I hope that they'd have a plan in place for IP violations. I can't imagine they'd let a competitors eat their lunch like that.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 1:59:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Not a terrible day in my portfolio. My unql shares are killing it. Others are only slightly down.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:19:43 PM EDT
[#44]
AMC

1050 shares.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:41:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By M82Assault:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm selling $6 MVIS puts for this Friday and collecting $30 a contract
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Took a small shot on INVZ…

Because I like folks that say “ Fuck you” to their neighbors lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:14:14 PM EDT
[#48]

I mean I hope that they'd have a plan in place for IP violations. I can't imagine they'd let a competitors eat their lunch like that.
View Quote

MVIS is trash
Over the course of their existence what percentage of money inflow has come from anything other than shareholder dilution?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:27:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

MVIS is trash
Over the course of their existence what percentage of money inflow has come from anything other than shareholder dilution?
View Quote

It's not what they've made in the past, we are speculating on what they will make in the future.
Past performance is no guarantee of future returns.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone explain to me what this means for one of my shit stocks? Does it mean it’s moving off OTC? What impact does that have on me?

“The Company also announced effective December 16, 2021, its shares will trade on the Canadian Securities Exchange ("CSE") under the symbol "YOUR". In the interim, shares will continue to trade under "HOLL" on CSE, "HSTRF" on OTC Market Group, and "HOB" on Frankfurt Stock Exchange. No action is required by existing shareholders with respect to the ticker symbol change.”
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top