BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
TS55 you're so cute.... make shitty investing decisions so try to bring others down to your miserable level.  Mvis tends to do well when a troll is present,  I welcome you.
View Quote

So there haven't been any trolls here since last June?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Chewy18:

Take a look at TCRI it's under a dollar right now but I think it will take
 off after  the new year begins.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patchouli:
I have a new fidelity account. And zero knowledge or understanding.  

Can i join in the reindeer games?

What can i do for 100$ just to get my feet wet in the process?

Nice post.  I like new ones to research.  Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Tango:

What stock ticker is that?
View Quote

MBPR

Mercedes Benz Ponton Repair

You just keep throwing money at it. And it stays the same price.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By trackstar55:

You are a piece of work.  You are a sorry individual.  Good luck with your decisions.  

You know nothing of me and my investing.  You are a joke
View All Quotes
TS55 you're so cute.... make shitty investing decisions so try to bring others down to your miserable level.  Mvis tends to do well when a troll is present,  I welcome you.

You are a piece of work.  You are a sorry individual.  Good luck with your decisions.  

Bro I think you overstayed your welcome here. Just leave.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By patchouli:
I have a new fidelity account. And zero knowledge or understanding.  

Can i join in the reindeer games?

What can i do for 100$ just to get my feet wet in the process?

Check the TCRI board over on InvestorsHub, those guys have been doing a lot of
research on the guy that bought TCRI

He's a heavy hitter in the crypto world.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:33:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#7]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

That's fair. But a lot of people that got in at 22 cents when this thread was started made a fuck ton of money. I'll note you skipped the few salient points I made about the company as we speak. What do you think of the things I brought up in my post? I'm a reasonable dude, if you can give me some reasons as to why MVIS sucks a side from losing some paper money, then I'll listen.
View Quote

Wow, this started early.

Me too, trackstar, I'll bite. Lets hear your bear investment thesis...and please spare me the cut-and-paste financials. No one is discouraging arguments on either side.

The truth is MVIS is down just about in step with the entire Lidar sector (Innoviz fell almost 3.5% today, btw), and the Lidar sector is falling with the rest of the speculative tech market. The key is to position yourself properly for when the tide turns, but that doesn't come with promises on timing. It's a highly volatile stock with a great deal of potential, and that potential is where the profit lies...In Microvision's case it's an educated guess on where the winner(s) may settle out in two very lucrative markets.

Incidentally, I made more in cash trading MVIS this year than I have from 28 years of mutual fund investing with Vanguard. I'm also still holding tens of thousands of shares, and fully intend to do it again

Hope you had a good year, too.

ETA: unintentional typo corrected.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By myfakename:

I can see this scenario happen exactly like that. People are already pissed at them and here we are. I doubt any news at this point brings the share price above $6 for the week. I'm stuck with this stinker.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheTech-1:

Well to be fair… whatever it was that was supposed to happen in October got pushed to “one day in a week in December “ well here we are, last week of the year and they haven’t come through. At this point they barely have enough time to come out and make a statement pushing back out to a further date. At this point it seems they’d rather hide and pretend nothing was promised…. And that looks really really bad. Like typical pink sheet garbage bad.
Even if they did come out to make a statement and push a date out further then it would still be terrible because this would now be the second time they couldn’t meet this deadline and of course it starts to look like they will never fulfill the intent. Either way my buy target of $2.50 will probably get smashed and truly i dunno if i wanna buy any shares at any price when a company can’t execute.

I can see this scenario happen exactly like that. People are already pissed at them and here we are. I doubt any news at this point brings the share price above $6 for the week. I'm stuck with this stinker.

I’ve got a shitload of BBIG shares in under water on.  I highly doubt they’re going to do shit with the TYDE spin-off or special dividend AT ALL!  Seems like a shit company, and I need to decide before the 29th if I want to dump it all at a loss for tax purposes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By glocknick:

View All Quotes

No.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

My guess is as long as he keeps getting fed well,  he'll stay
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:50:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#11]
Originally Posted By merick:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By merick:

Akshully!

That’s pretty close to when Fuckface45 was removed from the thread.

I don’t think Trackstar is being a troll, but perhaps he came off like one when he said “stay away from MVIS.

I like differing opinions, so long as it’s not an outright attack.

As a big MVIS long that got in very early, I’m willing to hear these types of guys out.  We just all need to be mostly civil.

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I miss 45's pump days
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:12:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: merick] [#13]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Lets hear your bear investment thesis...
View Quote

Anybody that would be in a buyout/large order scenario also has the cash, engineering, and manufacturing ability to develop and produce lidar or display tech themselves.  

TLDR
mvis = (Nicola) Tesla Joe Dirt
someone else = Marconi Kid Rock
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:12:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#14]
Just going thru the 2021 Team Appreciation event winners and one of our own won something.

08-220S Super Duty Complete Upper, 16", 5.56mm  DDC - @shblackdragon
https://geissele.com/super-duty-complete-upper-16-5-56mm-ddc.html

And another one:

Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Green Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen II Reticle - @EagleArmsHBAR
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-1x-microprism-with-green-illuminated-acss-cyclops-gen-2-reticle
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

I’ve got a shitload of BBIG shares in under water on.  I highly doubt they’re going to do shit with the TYDE spin-off or special dividend AT ALL!  Seems like a shit company, and I need to decide before the 29th if I want to dump it all at a loss for tax purposes.
View Quote

I'm going to wait it out until next year.   I should make way more money.  And I already have my truck to deduct this year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I'm going to wait it out until next year.   I should make way more money.  And I already have my truck to deduct this year.
View All Quotes

WTF? I just put in an order to fill out my position, damn!

Last week I could have traded my BBIG straight across for SENS. Guess I shoulda woulda coulda.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 9:01:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#17]
Originally Posted By Total53:

WTF? I just put in an order to fill out my position, damn!

Last week I could have traded my BBIG straight across for SENS. Guess I shoulda woulda coulda.  
View Quote

I'm not selling.  I'm going to ride this baby out all next year.

All the calls I've sold still out way how far it's down. Today.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Same here. Too deep into the red to sell. It will do something sooner or later, at a date to be determined on or around a certain date.

Again, it was the big loser in my play account. But I did sell calls and pick up sens from the profits which will pop once fda approval news comes out.

Down 5.75% overall. ME didn't do me any favors but I did sell 2 calls on it earlier for SENS $$. All my calls, as is tradition, are green lol.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I really just refuse to believe Sharma has led us astray here. He is the big swinging dick at the cracker factory. I don't pretend to know the complete history of the company, but it seems like things have already changed quite a bit with him at the helm.

I think you have to have patience. As in… if the entire stock market is going down because the Fed is about to do something or not do something… you can’t hold a lidar company responsible for the entire market. That’s number one. [And] we are on Russell. So we have the same ebbs and flow that the market is seeing. So you’re just going to have to… take a deep breath and step back.
View Quote

I know patience as investors is hard. But again, if you think about the value that’s here and if it’s a short-term gain up and down, running the market — no CEO, no company can do anything about that. We have to stay neutral. We give all the information that’s pertinent to the market… The ebbs and flows I think are more market related. They’re not lidar specific.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CajunMojo] [#20]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20211227_125545_jpg-2218854.JPG

I bet I can lose money faster if I open this up than I can on BBIG.  

RYCEY?

Oh, Mercedes... I was thinking Rolls.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]
@blackhalo

What do you make of the volume on EWLL today? People harvesting tax losses or rats jumping off a burning ship? Looks like they are changing focus from healthcare protection to NFT's. Seems legit!

Grabbed a half million shares today.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
somebody in this Thread mentioned ZIM

I jumped on that and bought 500 shares @$52

today was the Dividend payment - I had no idea they would withhold Taxes on that Dividend

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PepePewPew] [#23]

View Quote

I'm wondering if it took off two weeks ago and ran from 0.13-0.75.

I bought BBIG after it went up several multiples, and now it's dropped to 1/4 of my buy-in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:49:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
somebody in this Thread mentioned ZIM

I jumped on that and bought 500 shares @$52

today was the Dividend payment - I had no idea they would withhold Taxes on that Dividend

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222783/ZIM_Tax-2219239.png

View Quote

Israeili company.  You should be able to get a credit against US taxes owed for the foreign tax paid.  Also might want to see if held in a qualified acct (IRA) whether that tax is waived.  Sometimes that is the case.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

Israeili company.  You should be able to get a credit against US taxes owed for the foreign tax paid.  Also might want to see if held in a qualified acct (IRA) whether that tax is waived.  Sometimes that is the case.
View Quote

Do not mess with Form 1116 if your foreign tax is less than $300, or $600 if married filing joint.

https://www.irs.gov/publications/p514#en_US_2020_publink1000224483

Exemption from foreign tax credit limit.

You will not be subject to this limit and will be able to claim the credit without using Form 1116 if the following requirements are met.

Your only foreign source gross income for the tax year is passive category income. Passive category income is defined later under Separate Limit Income . However, for purposes of this rule, high-taxed income and export financing interest are also passive category income.

Your qualified foreign taxes for the tax year are not more than $300 ($600 if married filing a joint return).

All of your gross foreign income and the foreign taxes are reported to you on a payee statement (such as a Form 1099-DIV or 1099-INT).

You elect this procedure for the tax year.

If you make this election, you cannot carry back or carry over any unused foreign tax to or from this tax year.

Exceptions.

If you meet the requirements discussed under Exemption from foreign tax credit limit, earlier, and choose to be exempt from the foreign tax credit limit, do not file Form 1116. Instead, enter your foreign taxes directly on Schedule 3 (Form 1040), line 1.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:16:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#26]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
@blackhalo

What do you make of the volume on EWLL today? People harvesting tax losses or rats jumping off a burning ship? Looks like they are changing focus from healthcare protection to NFT's. Seems legit!

Grabbed a half million shares today.
View Quote

Yeah, everything is pretty much dead right now Small caps/OTC. But, honestly it's holding up really good... Couple other low trips plays I'm in are barcoding in the 0001-0002 range.

My average is  0004 so not worried about it, news will come out they are doing whatever is hot atm(meta seems to be the go to right now) and it'll bounce a couple ticks and we can take a quick 50-100%.

Probably Tax loss; like you said and low volume across the board. IGEX would have been 02-03 during the spring/summer off the news they already put out.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Do not mess with Form 1116 if your foreign tax is less than $300, or $600 if married filing joint.

You will not be subject to this limit and will be able to claim the credit without using Form 1116 if the following requirements are met.

Your only foreign source gross income for the tax year is passive category income. Passive category income is defined later under Separate Limit Income . However, for purposes of this rule, high-taxed income and export financing interest are also passive category income.

Your qualified foreign taxes for the tax year are not more than $300 ($600 if married filing a joint return).

All of your gross foreign income and the foreign taxes are reported to you on a payee statement (such as a Form 1099-DIV or 1099-INT).

If you make this election, you cannot carry back or carry over any unused foreign tax to or from this tax year.

Exceptions.

If you meet the requirements discussed under Exemption from foreign tax credit limit, earlier, and choose to be exempt from the foreign tax credit limit, do not file Form 1116. Instead, enter your foreign taxes directly on Schedule 3 (Form 1040), line 1.

View All Quotes

Exceptions.

Very helpful - thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Good mid morning fellow investing enthusiasts!

Bbig continues to crater at open.
Our lady is following suit.
ME is doing ok
Dpls and igex are up a few cents.

Another meh day so far.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm losing money again today. The upside to that is once it goes ALL THE WAY DOWN it has to go up right?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Just going thru the 2021 Team Appreciation event winners and one of our own won something.

08-220S Super Duty Complete Upper, 16", 5.56mm  DDC - @shblackdragon
https://geissele.com/super-duty-complete-upper-16-5-56mm-ddc.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/d3yvDeQ9fES0JTfG/giphy.gif

And another one:

Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism with Green Illuminated ACSS Cyclops Gen II Reticle - @EagleArmsHBAR
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-1x-microprism-with-green-illuminated-acss-cyclops-gen-2-reticle
View Quote

I'm just waking up, doing my morning, depressing stock check, and trying to figure out why you are showing me that upper...lol

I never check my mentions; if you hadn't posted this, I probably wouldn't have noticed.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#31]
VW ID Buzz (EV Van Concept) spotted with no roof scoop…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Talk me out of taking a loss on ZOM.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Did I miss news with MVIS? Just people realizing losses? A few more cents and another buy hits but still a little surprised
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote
You're still in that? .

I think I got out of that turd in February basically breaking even.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:17:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AesopsWildBoar] [#35]
View Quote

Ha! I’ve wondered the same thing. That truforma launch was quite a disappointment. I figure I’ll watch it into the first half of next year. A lot of folks realize losses this time of year, driving losers even lower. Q1 results should give a better idea of the future IMO. But if you’ve taken a lot of gains this year you could consider selling for a loss and jumping back in Jan… or being wise and staying out. Haha

Edit: I’m not a day trader so I almost forgot, I believe if you sell for a loss you can’t realize that loss for tax purposes if you buy back in immediately. I believe there is a 30 day wait on n that case before you can buy in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
You're still in that? .

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
You're still in that? .

Probably a good call. The only reason I didn’t was because of STCGs. I’m just a bit lower than my average share price though at the moment, so it doesn’t hurt so bad
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:37:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#37]
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:

Ha! I’ve wondered the same thing. That truforma launch was quite a disappointment. I figure I’ll watch it into the first half of next year. A lot of folks realize losses this time of year, driving losers even lower. Q1 results should give a better idea of the future IMO. But if you’ve taken a lot of gains this year you could consider selling for a loss and jumping back in Jan… or being wise and staying out. Haha

Edit: I’m not a day trader so I almost forgot, I believe if you sell for a loss you can’t realize that loss for tax purposes if you buy back in immediately. I believe there is a 30 day wait on n that case before you can buy in.
View All Quotes

Correct on the 31 days - it's a 'wash sale' rule.  I think what happened is they rolled out a new product and were not able to go with the distributor sales infrastructure in place and had to go with a direct sales model and that screwed everything up big time.  I should probably dump out of it and then consider getting back in in feb, or maybe I won't get back in.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Everything red, so normal. Except my calls, as is tradition.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Back from Christmas up north. Looks like most of my stocks are still a dumpster fire
Still selling calls and puts and now have 25% in cash (unless more puts get assigned).
BBIG,DPLS,MVIS and SENS . If just one of the four are a success they will cancel out the other three losers .

And in the spirit of KaiK I'm looking at buying my sister in laws 1979 450 because I hate money and free time
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 2:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#40]
Did I miss news with MVIS? Just people realizing losses? A few more cents and another buy hits but still a little surprised
View Quote

Dunno.

But I'm in a discord with dudes that short in the millions and it's on their list to short. But they all consider it a meme stock and saying it should be at $2, so I don't know. You guys know more then them on it, but I'll post it up if they short it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChicagoFoodie] [#41]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Dunno.

But I'm in a discord with dudes that short in the millions and it's on their list to short. But they all consider it a meme stock and saying it should be at $2, so I don't know. You guys know more then them on it, but I'll post it up if they short it.
View Quote

What discord is that?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Exceptions.

View Quote

thank you for this info

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]

ME is doing ok

Another meh day so far.
View Quote

BBIG and MVIS got me to buy more shares. Added 60 shares of BBIG and 50 of MVIS.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#44]

BBIG and MVIS got me to buy more shares. Added 60 shares of BBIG and 50 of MVIS.
View All Quotes

ME is doing ok

Another meh day so far.

Get ready. Cup formed with longest handle I've ever seen. To the moon. Or basement.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Okay, I have a cash balance of $4.82...

Do I buy 2 of $BBIG when it gets to $2.41 or 1 of $MVIS when it gets to $4.82?

Decisions...decisions...
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Get ready. Cup formed with longest handle I've ever seen. To the moon. Or basement.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96423/Screenshot_20211228-130947_ETRADE_jpg-2219836.JPG
View Quote

I sold more $3 puts on BBIG for this Friday
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Correct on the 31 days - it's a 'wash sale' rule.  I think what happened is they rolled out a new product and were not able to go with the distributor sales infrastructure in place and had to go with a direct sales model and that screwed everything up big time.  I should probably dump out of it and then consider getting back in in feb, or maybe I won't get back in.
View All Quotes

I’m all for it dropping short term. I might even pick up more shares in that case. Maybe. My only comcern is it calling out of compliance after being under $1 for so long. Those were stressful days with MVIS. Haha

I still regret picking up those $.07 shares of ZOM. Put in the buy but never clicked the last button. Chickened out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyone been in contact with ISZ? I know we were talking about him a few weeks ago. Last time he logged in was October.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, looking to add another technology stock to go along with my Nvidia.  MU or AMD?  AMD has much better call options, but MU seems to have a much better current P/E ratio.

Or just more Nvidia
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Man, things really went to shit there at the end
Page / 1713
Top Top