BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Has anyone been in contact with ISZ? I know we were talking about him a few weeks ago. Last time he logged in was October.
View Quote

Osprey61 asked about him about 10 days or so ago & then put up a post looking for info on him in the Georgia HTF.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Anybody-have-eyes-on-member-icestationzebra-/35-659038/
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#2]
Sorry my fellow bag holders, I’ve been busy the last few weeks with family in town.

Great day yesterday followed by a crap day today.

ETA:  I also took 18k of fiat and I’m pursuing a crypto opportunity.  Theoretically a 35% return.  I’ll give you the details as I get it setup.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Talk me out of taking a loss on ZOM.
View Quote

I just cant

I remember rolling what remained of my money on that sale of that into nvda, aapl, msft, amd. It’s in much better hands now
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
Ok, looking to add another technology stock to go along with my Nvidia.  MU or AMD?  AMD has much better call options, but MU seems to have a much better current P/E ratio.

Or just more Nvidia
View Quote

Nvda and amd
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone been in contact with ISZ? I know we were talking about him a few weeks ago. Last time he logged in was October.
View Quote

I asked this earlier as well. Osprey indicated ISZ was ok at the time, having done quite well with Mavis.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

I'm just waking up, doing my morning, depressing stock check, and trying to figure out why you are showing me that upper...lol

I never check my mentions; if you hadn't posted this, I probably wouldn't have noticed.  Thanks!
View Quote

Ha cool!
Just spotted a couple guys that are active in this thread and wanted to give them a high five!

Enjoy that upper, looks to be a good one.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#7]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

I asked this earlier as well. Osprey indicated ISZ was ok at the time, having done quite well with Mavis.
View Quote

The Georgia Hometown Forum mod was going to do some digging, but he never got back...so I'm assuming he hasn't had any luck. Last time I talked to him (ISZ) he was very concerned about multiple issues related to Covid that doctors couldn't diagnose. His body function shutdowns were getting progressively worse, and nothing they were doing was helping. I hate to be pessimistic, but this months-long silence isn't good.

Any ideas? I'm thinking of asking Goatboy if he'll give me his Christian name to at least give me something to search. I don't want to contact his family, but I'd like to know if he's passed so we can at least do a "lost a member" thread in his memory.

ETA: contacted GoatBoy, I'll update if I find any information.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

The Georgia Hometown Forum mod was going to do some digging, but he never got back...so I'm assuming he hasn't had any luck. Last time I talked to him he was very concerned about multiple issues related to Covid that doctors couldn't diagnose. His body function shutdowns were getting progressively worse, and nothing they were doing was helping. I hate to be pessimistic, but this months-long silence isn't good.

Any ideas? I'm thinking of asking Goatboy if he'll give me his Christian name to at least give me something to search. I don't want to contact his family, but I'd like to know if he's passed so we can at least do a "lost a member" thread in his memory.
View Quote

AC is a Georgia boy. Maybe he knows ISZ outside of the forum?
@Admiral_Crunch

Long shot I know.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a share of ssys today.  Might buy some more when i get more into it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Total53:

@Admiral_Crunch

Long shot I know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The Georgia Hometown Forum mod was going to do some digging, but he never got back...so I'm assuming he hasn't had any luck. Last time I talked to him he was very concerned about multiple issues related to Covid that doctors couldn't diagnose. His body function shutdowns were getting progressively worse, and nothing they were doing was helping. I hate to be pessimistic, but this months-long silence isn't good.

@Admiral_Crunch

Long shot I know.

No, I don't.  Sorry.  Please let us know if you hear anything.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Fantomas:
somebody in this Thread mentioned ZIM

I jumped on that and bought 500 shares @$52

today was the Dividend payment - I had no idea they would withhold Taxes on that Dividend

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/222783/ZIM_Tax-2219239.png

View Quote

Wow, you got got.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:38:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
Back from Christmas up north. Looks like most of my stocks are still a dumpster fire
Still selling calls and puts and now have 25% in cash (unless more puts get assigned).
BBIG,DPLS,MVIS and SENS . If just one of the four are a success they will cancel out the other three losers .

And in the spirit of KaiK I'm looking at buying my sister in laws 1979 450 because I hate money and free time
View Quote

That stuff is overrated. That reminds me I need to go buy an engine stand.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#13]
It was May the last time I talked to him. He said then he was doing some better due to one of his meds.

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View Quote

You really do, that chain wrap job looked somewhat unsafe and for sure expensive if it failed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Hey, my first Benz is a 1979 W116. Not a 450 though, a SWB 300SD.
Or is Colt talking about a R107 450SL?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#16]

The Georgia Hometown Forum mod was going to do some digging, but he never got back...so I'm assuming he hasn't had any luck. Last time I talked to him (ISZ) he was very concerned about multiple issues related to Covid that doctors couldn't diagnose. His body function shutdowns were getting progressively worse, and nothing they were doing was helping. I hate to be pessimistic, but this months-long silence isn't good.

ETA: contacted GoatBoy, I'll update if I find any information.
View Quote

You're a good dude
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:18:06 PM EDT
[#17]

You really do, that chain wrap job looked somewhat unsafe and for sure expensive if it failed.
View Quote

It's plenty safe.  It's wrapped like the manual says.  I just need to move it inside to take it apart enough to stop the fuel and oil leaks.

Just have to get someone to help me carry the sub frame outside.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
Man, things really went to shit there at the end
View Quote

A few more days and it will be almost exactly enough to turn team mvis around 360 degrees for the year.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

View Quote

This is a 180d.

Here it is in the 70s.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Blackhalo:

Dunno.

But I'm in a discord with dudes that short in the millions and it's on their list to short. But they all consider it a meme stock and saying it should be at $2, so I don't know. You guys know more then them on it, but I'll post it up if they short it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:
Did I miss news with MVIS? Just people realizing losses? A few more cents and another buy hits but still a little surprised

Dunno.

But I'm in a discord with dudes that short in the millions and it's on their list to short. But they all consider it a meme stock and saying it should be at $2, so I don't know. You guys know more then them on it, but I'll post it up if they short it.

Based on what?

I’ll admit, mavis is a bit of a gamble. But do they have inside information that the MEMS won’t get picked up by a major automotive player? Do they have indications that MVIS is not in the hollowlens2 or that relationship has been severed?

They could know something I don’t, and since they’re playing with millions I’d expect them to. But if not, they’re simply gambling from the other side. Only difference is they have bigger balls (or simply bigger wallets)
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: merick] [#21]

Based on what?

View Quote

One ugly chart
No earnings
?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhalo] [#22]

Based on what?

I’ll admit, mavis is a bit of a gamble. But do they have inside information that the MEMS won’t get picked up by a major automotive player? Do they have indications that MVIS is not in the hollowlens2 or that relationship has been severed?

They could know something I don’t, and since they’re playing with millions I’d expect them to. But if not, they’re simply gambling from the other side. Only difference is they have bigger balls (or simply bigger wallets)
View Quote

Don't look much into it man. Just heard them talking about it, and mainly one dude. But he shorted DKNG today for a few hundred thousand like it was nothing(entertaining to watch him break it to $27 in live time and then see his candle when he covered)

He and one other are shorting AMC heavy right now, and they were throwing around the idea of MVIS at $2, and they lumped it in with the meme stocks.... Just passing along the info.

Like I said, you guys know more then them on it. If your DD is solid and it's a conviction play I wouldn't worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]

This is a 180d.

Here it is in the 70s.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Resized_Screenshot_20211227-071211_Faceb-2220045.JPG
View Quote

Kaik, is that a family connection to the car? Wondered why you picked that model specifically to restore.

I had to go digging to find a better picture of my Mom's '72 280 SE 4.5...again from prom night, 1979. My MB-dealer uncle had it painted a light metallic silver and put a black landau roof on it. Not cool now, but it was a beautiful car for the time. One of my best friends and I took a couple of his hoodlum friends for a ride one afternoon, and one of them said, "Holy f**k, this is like flying in an airplane!"

Drove it for seven or eight years as a 'yute, and I'm pretty sure it saved my life several times. Every time one comes up on BaT now I start twitching...

Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AesopsWildBoar] [#24]

Don't look much into it man. Just heard them talking about it, and mainly one dude. But he shorted DKNG today for a few hundred thousand like it was nothing(entertaining to watch him break it to $27 in live time and then see his candle when he covered)

He and one other are shorting AMC heavy right now, and they were throwing around the idea of MVIS at $2, and they lumped it in with the meme stocks.... Just passing along the info.

Like I said, you guys know more then them on it. If your DD is solid and it's a conviction play I wouldn't worry about it.
View All Quotes

Based on what?

Don’t take it the wrong way, I’m honestly open to other perspectives and would be interested in joining the discord if you can send the invite. Like I said, they could actually know something I don’t.

Or it could be like the poster right above yours who snipped the important details from my post then obtusely responded with “earnings” when we all know damn well mvis isn’t Like most other stocks. Don’t get me wrong, earnings would be great, but this is not your standard stock play.

Edit for typos
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Kaik, is that a family connection to the car? Wondered why you picked that model specifically to restore.

I had to go digging to find a better picture of my Mom's '72 280 SE 4.5...again from prom night, 1979. My MB-dealer uncle had it painted a light metallic silver and put a black landau roof on it. Not cool now, but it was a beautiful car for the time. One of my best friends and I took a couple of his hoodlum friends for a ride one afternoon, and one of them said, "Holy f**k, this is like flying in an airplane!"

Drove it for seven or eight years as a 'yute, and I'm pretty sure it saved my life several times. Every time one comes up on BaT now I start twitching...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/457055/DSC_0531_JPG-2220063.jpg
View Quote

That's my dad driving it in the pic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:48:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Don’t take it the wrong way, I’m honestly open to other perspectives and would be interested in joining the discord if you can send the invite. Like I said, they could actually know something I don’t.

Or it could be like the poster right above yours who snipped the important details from my post then obtusely responded with “earnings” when we all know damn well mvis isn’t Like most other stocks. Don’t get me wrong, earnings would be great, but this is not your standard stock play.

Edit for typos
View Quote

No p/e, crazy valuation, gut wrenching volatility,  ...it's a lot like a lot of stocks.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By merick:

No p/e, crazy valuation, gut wrenching volatility,  ...it's a lot like a lot of stocks.
View Quote

Picked up another thousand shares at $5.40 today, and have a larger buy laid in for tomorrow at $5.20. I should have listened to myself when I set a $5.00 target and just done a block purchase rather than trying to DCA.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:52:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#28]
What happened over at DPLS today? Looks like some investor company tweeted that the CEO sold close to 400,000,000 shares but he really didn't?
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#29]

That's my dad driving it in the pic.
View Quote

That's very cool...please keep posting pics as it progresses, I'm really interested to see it come together.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:09:28 PM EDT
[#30]
What happened over at DPLS today? Looks like some investor company tweeted that the CEO sold close to 400,000,000 shares but he really didn't?
View Quote

Looks like Dennis is taking legal action against them.  I bought the dip!
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Edit for typos
View Quote

It's a paid discord and probably not worth it. I'm only trying it out for a month while OTC is slow. Dude that runs it has 80k or so twitter followers, and then a bunch of rando traders.

Seems most days they hop on the live voice and it's dudes calling out options plays. And random small cap/low floaters. No posts or anything that I've seen on MVIS, just heard it get briefly mentioned on their voice chat today by the dude with some deep pockets. A couple guys were looking at taking puts on DKNG and he's like "here let me help you out, let me know when to stop shorting it". I'll be honest watching that alone was worth the $20 bucks or whatever I paid for the month. lol.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

View All Quotes

Yep, may try and join you on the dip
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 4:34:48 AM EDT
[#33]

It's a paid discord and probably not worth it. I'm only trying it out for a month while OTC is slow. Dude that runs it has 80k or so twitter followers, and then a bunch of rando traders.

Seems most days they hop on the live voice and it's dudes calling out options plays. And random small cap/low floaters. No posts or anything that I've seen on MVIS, just heard it get briefly mentioned on their voice chat today by the dude with some deep pockets. A couple guys were looking at taking puts on DKNG and he's like "here let me help you out, let me know when to stop shorting it". I'll be honest watching that alone was worth the $20 bucks or whatever I paid for the month. lol.
View Quote

Ha! Sounds entertaining for sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

This is a 180d.

Here it is in the 70s.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173565/Resized_Screenshot_20211227-071211_Faceb-2220045.JPG

Class of '79!  Represent!
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:13:29 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Class of '80 here, so I remember "The Last of the Super Seventies" very well.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 8:32:23 AM EDT
[#36]

https://media.giphy.com/media/2DMWjDy699m0jdCYig/giphy-downsized-large.gif
View All Quotes

https://media.giphy.com/media/2DMWjDy699m0jdCYig/giphy-downsized-large.gif

So, it's YOUR fault then that the 70's ended!
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#37]

So, it's YOUR fault then that the 70's ended!
View Quote

Oh no I would have stayed in the late seventies 4ever, if I could, but time marches on.

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Back to MAVIS:

What does the thread think about Sumit meeting some invited whale investors/social media influencers? The reddits are torn with some dissension in the ranks.

Supposedly invited one of the StockTwits whales, geo_rule, and a few others to a private mtg in Vegas on Jan 6.

Link to ST message
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:33:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

View Quote

R107 450 SL
White with red moldy interior and both tops
Needs some mild engine work and suspension work
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:34:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#40]
Class of 79 and 80? Bunch of geriatrics up in this thread.

Kind of weird about Sharma inviting those guys. I feel like a CEO shouldn't be that accessible to us?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:44:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#41]
What's going on with DPLS?

Grabbed a couple K but IBKR won't show me a price but I'm green - so fuck ya!

Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Back to MAVIS:

What does the thread think about Sumit meeting some invited whale investors/social media influencers? The reddits are torn with some dissension in the ranks.

Supposedly invited one of the StockTwits whales, geo_rule, and a few others to a private mtg in Vegas on Jan 6.

Link to ST message
View Quote

Is geo_rule and wwtech the same person, or is this person rehashing what geo said? Help me understand what's going on here.

IIRC geo posted some pretty outlandish theories in the past, though I may have him confused with someone else.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#43]
What's going on with DPLS?

Grabbed a couple K but IBKR won't show me a price but I'm green - so fuck ya!

https://media.giphy.com/media/RD02Grpyh6v4I/giphy.gif
View Quote

Don't know I'm down -35% there. Went to go grab a couple thousand more shares now to round out my count to 10,000, but Fidelity doesn't let you buy securities under $3 until your money is settled. Son of a...

Down 60% on MVIS. This is tough to watch.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Let's see if BBIG can stay above $2.38 and get a massive bounce off the resistance back up to around $3.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:52:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#45]
I'm getting freaking pissed.

I went from being able to pay off my house with profits to having lost money.  I got in early, but I bought more all the way up to $20.

What I get for being greedy.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Is geo_rule and wwtech the same person, or is this person rehashing what geo said? Help me understand what's going on here.

IIRC geo posted some pretty outlandish theories in the past, though I may have him confused with someone else.
View Quote

No geo_rule is a mod on r/MVIS and has a ST account.
The William Whit guy was the one that made the invitation public. Lots of backlash going on there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
Lots of people did.  He was hopping mad on Twitter last night.  

Hopefully, this will stop the daily bleeding.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:53:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Stand back 6 more shares of MVIS. Hope the ripple effect doesnt scare you all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Bthorn:
Lots of people did.  He was hopping mad on Twitter last night.  

Hopefully, this will stop the daily bleeding.
View Quote

DPLS can stay low until next week when my IRA contribution for 2022 hits
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:56:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
I'm getting freaking pissed.

I went from being able to pay off my house with profits to having lost money.  I got in early, but I bought more all the way up to $20.

What I get for being greedy.  
View Quote

There is a line forming for that.

We can only hope for a PR BEFORE the limited invite mtg, otherwise retail/social sentiment for MVIS could dip a little.
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top