Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1703
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, I don't understand the market, and today shows it more than ever.
Why this jump in MVIS? No news announced that I can find.

Maybe Apple is using MVIS tech in their new stuff and somebody knows something? <--- Pure hopium here. Let the rumors start.

I am also setup as several here have mentioned, I have half my shares set to sell at just over 2x my cost ($16), all of which is in long term gains right now (although a bulk of it was purchased @ higher prices, so if sale happens before moon shot, I will show a loss for the year for taxes, hmm, maybe I should sell my short term ones instead?).

Also, wash sales don't care about long term or short term limits, correct? Sale of stock and re-purchase of same (even if on different broker? ) is a wash?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By esstac-:
Just woke up a bit ago after a rough night of tossing and turning to my Mavis up 125k

And I see it was up 184k just a bit ago
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
In for another 4k shares at $6.38, ready for the power hour.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Sold what little i had today. Take the profit and run.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
In for another 4k shares at $6.38, ready for the power hour.
View Quote

I'd love to see it hold 10% or 15% through the close. Somehow, someday we need to climb and stabilize.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but the WSB/ST crowd aren't helpful in building a solid business.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Back on the uptrend?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like up almost .25 in the last few minutes
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I'd love to see it hold 10% or 15% through the close. Somehow, someday we need to climb and stabilize.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but the WSB/ST crowd aren't helpful in building a solid business.
View Quote
Are the guys on WSB talking about MVIS?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
View Quote

Not thinking they are allowed to until market cap is 1B, so might pick up steam?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I was speaking in generalities, I don't actually know about that site specifically. They have a $5 share price minimum, I think, but I don't know how long you have to hold that for inclusion in their "conversation".

I stay out of both. The amount of outright lying and distortion that goes on there frays my nerves.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#12]

I was speaking in generalities, I don't actually know about that site specifically. They have a $5 share price minimum, I think, but I don't know how long you have to hold that for inclusion in their "conversation".

I stay out of both. The amount of outright lying and distortion that goes on there frays my nerves.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Interesting, I did not know about that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Look at that volume. Wow.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By waldershrek:

This is the question of the hour
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By waldershrek:
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
It's looking like I need to settle on an exit strategy. If this thing squeezes again I don't want to be left holding everything and looking at all the profit I could have taken.

I don't know what price target I'm comfortable getting out at. Especially because most of my shares are LTCG now.

This is the question of the hour
I sold 20 percent at 6.51, I'm along for the ride with the rest of my shares, with the exception I'll sell half at 10 bucks
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

MVIS has been mentioned a few times on WSB in the past only to have the post deleted. I can tell you there is very little discussion about it on WSB discord as well as other discords, even discords who specifically discuss short squeezes. It is gaining attention with the price action, though.

I did see people talking about shorting it after the run it's been on and I posted a screenshot of the shares available (zero). I have no doubt some bought puts.
Every day lately though, Fidelity posts "news" lumping MVIS with meme stocks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

MVIS has been mentioned a few times on WSB in the past only to have the post deleted. I can tell you there is very little discussion about it on WSB discord as well as other discords, even discords who specifically discuss short squeezes. It is gaining attention with the price action, though.

I did see people talking about shorting it after the run it's been on and I posted a screenshot of the shares available (zero). I have no doubt some bought puts.
Every day lately though, Fidelity posts "news" lumping MVIS with meme stocks.
View Quote

That's what I don't get either, because every time I hit google and can't find anyone talking about it anywhere but stocktwits.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Jon_C_:
View Quote

I just saw that...22.5M shares.

If you're a believer in history repeating, MVIS did something very similar to this the day before it began the MEME stock run up began. Don't remember the exact numbers, but it was 24M that day and 158M the next (wifey just looked it up). I personally DO NOT think that will happen, because I tend to believe this is being driven by very different circumstances.

That jump took it from the mid five dollars to over nine, in Dec. It was actually Feb before it began the run to almost thirty.

Bet Sumit's ex-wife is gritting her teeth right now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You know she got a bunch of stock in the divorce, right?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#19]

If you're a believer in history repeating, MVIS did something very similar to this the day before it began the MEME stock run up began. Don't remember the exact numbers, but it was 24M that day and 158M the next (wifey just looked it up). I personally DO NOT think that will happen, because I tend to believe this is being driven by very different circumstances.

That jump took it from the mid five dollars to over nine, in Dec. It was actually Feb before it began the run to almost thirty.

View All Quotes

Wow, the circus is underway!  Hope everyone gets off with a prize this time
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

No, actually I didn't, but I'm not surprised.

That's kind of a ringing endorsement in an odd sort of way. If anyone was hearing the unvarnished truth, it was likely her.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]

That's kind of a ringing endorsement in an odd sort of way. If anyone was hearing the unvarnished truth, it was likely her.
View All Quotes

Sumit's buy-in a couple of months back was basically getting back what his wife took in the divorce.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Sold some $7.50 calls for this Friday and bought $6 puts for next Friday
Upwork showing life today as well
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:12:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grimjaw5] [#23]
Today's Volume so far is over 26 million.  MVIS has had good weeks and maybe months with less Volume.  WOW.  Everyone loves them when they are going up.

FOMO, big time.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:23:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

My first buy of 1000 shares was two days before it hit that $9. it was also my first time investing in a stock other than my company IRA. Still holding all those shares + I won't think of selling until it hit's Management's $36 price target. If it hits that on a squeeze I will let it ride higher.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

https://media.tenor.com/zciYksSI5dcAAAAC/body-snatchers-point.gif

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#28]
The nice steady climb makes me feel better than the fast spike to the same level.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Just need to up another $10 and I'm back in the green
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
The nice steady climb makes me feel better than the fast spike to the same level.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#31]
194% on a small sell.  A man's gotta do something for a living these days.  Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#33]
She’s bouncing off 7 like a rev limiter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought $5 calls last week and they're up nicely today. Expiry is pretty far out, so the gain isn't super crazy. Maybe I should have bought weekly calls like a true degenerate gambler
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#35]
We might close over $7
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Yea, and if the day traders are going to head for the exits it'll start now.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

That's why I'm thinking we might beat it.  There doesn't seem to be the flight I expected for the final 15.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#38]
up 30% for the day.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Nice finish.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#40]
What a day!  Never have I ever finished with such a gain! Hopefully there are many more days like this to come!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks Osprey! I made a nice return and now to decide to sit or sell or sell half? I bought it as a lottery ticket so selling now is giving in but still a nice win.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#42]
I have had a Rollercoaster of a day.

I'm hating myself for exiting my ten puts @2.50.

But I'm only down 40% not 80%  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By manticore:
I bought $5 calls last week and they're up nicely today. Expiry is pretty far out, so the gain isn't super crazy. Maybe I should have bought weekly calls like a true degenerate gambler
https://i.imgur.com/x6rjxrQ.png
View Quote

You rang
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By FLFALGUY:
Thanks Osprey! I made a nice return and now to decide to sit or sell or sell half? I bought it as a lottery ticket so selling now is giving in but still a nice win.
View Quote

You know what the man said, you'll never go broke booking profit. I'm actually glad to see a lot of people here apparently taking that advice and not  swinging for the fences...unless it's for fun or with discretionary money.

I'm a poor role model, I admit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I have some $6 calls that will be assigned on Friday.  Contemplating closing them out or rolling them higher for the 16th.  The money it costs to close the positions is a lot smaller than selling at the higher rate.  Althougt at $6 I am in profit.

decisions decisions decisions
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Everybody just remember this isn't an organic run up..... maybe it's where it should have always been and the shorts are taking a beating, but buying now there's no guarantee it will keep going up..... mvis is currently a gamble. If you never bought any mvis when it was in the 2s and dipping into under $2, but now because you're worried you're missing the boat you're buying a ton, just know you're gambling and not investing

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:16:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#47]
Back to reality, small audience here, so...that new report on IVAS in Task and Purpose ain't good. I don't know where the author's biases lay, but some of it is coming out of an Army report, not just Bloomberg, apparently. The comfort issue is the big bit that gets quoted most often, but "still experiencing too many failures of essential functions" is probably failure to hit a program milestone, as is this bit that is from Bloomberg... “Acceptance of the goggles by soldiers ‘remains low’ and they and their leaders indicated they don’t ‘contribute to their ability to complete their mission." Worth noting the Army is putting 10,000 in the field by Sept, and have tasked MSFT with version 1.2, but where it goes from there isn't clear.

I have mixed emotions. To begin with, it's difficult at this point to know whether this is the DoD bringing more pressure to bear on MSFT, signalling of a retrench or potential plug-pull from the Army, more bashing by competing interests or a combination of all of that. The article does key on the comfort issue, with the ass't sec for acquisition noting that you don't worry about light emission in your living room, and most likely don't wear your AR headset for three hours at a whack, either.

It was always going to be an iffy proposition strapping a complex and difficult-to-harden piece of technology on the ground rank-and-file. The rationalization was casualty reduction, but they sure picked a poor use case for the roll-out. On the bright side, there are dozens of applications in the wider military that IVAS will excel at, without the problems caused by the wearer repeatedly falling down or running into trees, if the core concept and execution isn't poisoned by the Army's problems.

The impact to MVIS isn't clear either. We haven't seen a royalty in three quarters and that omission sure didn't impact the share price today, so Sumit's pivot to ADAS looks pretty prescient right now. But...there's a potential contract negotiation on the line that may have taken on renewed urgency yesterday. One enormous benefit MSFT will take away from IVAS, success or failure, is a DoD-financed forcing function that undoubtedly pushed the ergonomics and performance of IVAS - and potentially H2 - further in 18 months than it would have in five years under normal development, and is still ongoing.

Cut the Apple price point by half, with a better product, and MSFT could still walk away laughing. I think there's much more to come.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Not that I have much faith in the AH as a portend (I don't), but we're at $7.10. Someone is still buying...
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I didn't pay any attention to the markets today, log on, and see MVIS is up 30%.

You guys want me to start ignoring the markets all day, every day, from now on?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
I didn't pay any attention to the markets today, log on, and see MVIS is up 30%.

You guys want me to start ignoring the markets all day, every day, from now on?
View Quote

Welcome back. We need you to go outside RTFN and shoot your weedeater. Thanks!
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top