Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Season 1 episode 19 holy shit the star can’t swim but he’s supposed to be a Navy SEAL. Anyone who’s open oceaned for miles take a look, I’ve seen kids in junior high swim better
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
Did you see the sunrise, OP?
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy shit the new show is awful after the first 10 episodes it’s Batwoman bad. On the plus side good stories about family, friends and pets but otherwise the plots become romance novel bad. Guess I need to buy the original DVDs and stick to atom Selleck like I figured would be the case. Coronavirus so I killed time cleaning up, doing bills etc. with the new series playing in the background
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy shit the new show is awful after the first 10 episodes it's Batwoman bad. On the plus side good stories about family, friends and pets but otherwise the plots become romance novel bad. Guess I need to buy the original DVDs and stick to atom Selleck like I figured would be the case. Coronavirus so I killed time cleaning up, doing bills etc. with the new series playing in the background
View Quote

Yeah only redeeming thing is new Magnum's STI
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Holy shit the new show is awful after the first 10 episodes it’s Batwoman bad. On the plus side good stories about family, friends and pets but otherwise the plots become romance novel bad. Guess I need to buy the original DVDs and stick to atom Selleck like I figured would be the case. Coronavirus so I killed time cleaning up, doing bills etc. with the new series playing in the background
View Quote

I could only stand one episode.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

I could only stand one episode.
View Quote

I live by Berkeley and San Francisco, I can carry many pails of pain and resist inchoerant screeching longer than most guys but even my limits of toleration are finite
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:25:23 AM EDT
[#7]

https://magnum-mania.com/images/8_13_m_full.jpg
View Quote

That guy was an commander?!

I wouldn’t have thunk it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#8]

I live by Berkeley and San Francisco, I can carry many pails of pain  and resist inchoerant screeching longer than most guys but even my limits of toleration are finite
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I could only stand one episode.

I live by Berkeley and San Francisco, I can carry many pails of pain  and resist inchoerant screeching longer than most guys but even my limits of toleration are finite

I’ve made it through four or five, but the only thing that gave me strength to get through was chick Higgins in her yoga pants. I have a weakness for British girls
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:50:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
Every time I watch Magnum I have to suppress the urge to buy a 1911.
View Quote

Every time I watch Magnum I have the urge to suppress a 1911.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:58:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kingpin38506:

I’ve made it through four or five, but the only thing that gave me strength to get through was chick Higgins in her yoga pants. I have a weakness for British girls 
View Quote

She has a decent ass but no pics I could find
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By generalkaos:
Airwolf theme was the business!

https://youtu.be/SfyhL-pFFMw
View Quote

Jan Michael Vincent - sad train wreck in the end.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:29:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Holy shit the new show is awful after the first 10 episodes it’s Batwoman bad. On the plus side good stories about family, friends and pets but otherwise the plots become romance novel bad. Guess I need to buy the original DVDs and stick to atom Selleck like I figured would be the case. Coronavirus so I killed time cleaning up, doing bills etc. with the new series playing in the background
View Quote

I watched the pilot episode, renamed it Hawaii, PI, and then never watched another episode again.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#13]
This thread got me watching magnum pi on prime.

Yeah, totally didn’t remember the original theme song, but did remember some of the episodes.  

The show has aged very well if you ask me.

When HDTVs started coming out twenty years ago, it was thought CBS would be an early leader in content since they had everything filmed.

Sure enough, 40 year old magnum pi is streaming in pretty ok HD.  Its not wide screen, apparently they didn’t frame for that, but it still looks good.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:

That guy was an commander?! 

I wouldn’t have thunk it.
View All Quotes

Navy Cross too.  With hardly any other salad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Z09SS:

Navy Cross too.  With hardly any other salad.
View Quote

Looks like he's got three Vietnam deployment ribbons (two stars on his original ribbon).
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy Shit it's a 16 year old Jan from the office

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Glad I forgot about it.
View Quote

? The theme song
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

My Grandfather was a Comnander on the USS Wisconsin, also served on Pelilieu island {spelling} my family went thru some trouble to get me a Naval Academy slot and I backed out last minute over a girl who then dumped me in senior year, i then went Army enlisted, family was much disappoint
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:42:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Z09SS:

Navy Cross too.  With hardly any other salad.
View Quote

If I was awarded a cross, I probably wouldn’t care to wear the rest beyond the PH or other valor awards. I have no valor awards and outside boards wearing thin ribbons I don’t bother with the pointless crap; overseas ribbon, Army service ribbon etc. not that I have many ribbons either. The only thing I really wanted on the front of my uniform was
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#21]

If I was awarded a cross, I probably wouldn’t care to wear the rest beyond the PH or other valor awards. I have no valor awards and outside boards wearing thin ribbons I don’t bother with the pointless crap; overseas ribbon, Army service ribbon etc. not that I have many ribbons either. The only thing I really wanted on the front of my uniform was https://i1.wp.com/cms.sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/jump-star.jpg?fit=1500%2C878&ssl=1https://soldiersystems.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_7024.jpg
View Quote

Those are good ones...
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:58:45 AM EDT
[#22]

If I was awarded a cross, I probably wouldn’t care to wear the rest beyond the PH or other valor awards. I have no valor awards and outside boards wearing thin ribbons I don’t bother with the pointless crap; overseas ribbon, Army service ribbon etc. not that I have many ribbons either. The only thing I really wanted on the front of my uniform was https://i1.wp.com/cms.sofrep.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/jump-star.jpg?fit=1500%2C878&ssl=1https://soldiersystems.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_7024.jpg
View Quote

I did enjoy my seven deployment ribbons though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Those are good ones...
View Quote

The Army version of dive / parachutist badge Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:01:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Mike Thornton.  I met him at McP's once.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Mike Thornton.  I met him at McP's once.
View Quote

No kidding, really is a small community
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#26]

No kidding, really is a small community 
View Quote

Genuine American Badass.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:14:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Dude swam out beyond the surf to a fucking waiting submarine with his head-shot LT under one arm and a shot South Vietnamese Naval Commando under the other arm.  On my BEST day in the Teams I couldn't measure to I/1000th of that guys balls.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:16:44 AM EDT
[#28]

I did enjoy my seven deployment ribbons though.
View Quote

7 ? As in AFEM, Southwest Asia, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Genuine American Badass.
View Quote

Absolutely, don’t meet too many real deals in life
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#30]

7 ? As in AFEM, Southwest Asia, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.?
View Quote

Five to Westpac then two to Iraq.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:24:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Dude swam out beyond the surf to a fucking waiting submarine with his head-shot LT under one arm and a shot South Vietnamese Naval Commando under the other arm.  On my BEST day in the Teams I couldn't measure to I/1000th of that guys balls.
View Quote

I’m not even in the shallow end of the kiddy pool  
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:25:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Five to Westpac then two to Iraq.
View Quote

Nice, I’ll have to buy you 7 beers sometime
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:28:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Nice, I’ll have to buy you 7 beers sometime
View Quote

And I'll get the next seven.  Lol!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:28:24 AM EDT
[#34]
I knew Tom Selleck back then or rather met him in Santa Monica a few times
View Quote

Your story is cooler than mine but my Dad scored a high school yearbook at a garage sale with Tom Selleck in his senior year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#35]

And I'll get the next seven.  Lol!
View Quote

Now it’s a party
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:33:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By rabidus:

Your story is cooler than mine but my Dad scored a high school yearbook at a garage sale with Tom Selleck.
View Quote

Nice guy, I’ve met hundreds of celebrities since I was a kid and he wasn’t pretentious or self involved like most of them. Anyway, your Dad scored some history. I found one of my yearbooks in my storage unit last week. The spine is a bit beat up but have been giving my kids stuff family stuff like my Grandfather’s watch or my Dad’s golfing stuff that I’m finding vwhile  trying to organize the storage boxesAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:38:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Nice guy, I’ve met hundreds of celebrities since I was a kid and he wasn’t pretentious or self involved like most of them. Anyway, your Dad scored some history. I found one of my yearbooks in my storage unit last week. The spine is a bit beat up but have been giving my kids stuff family stuff like my Grandfather’s watch or my Dad’s golfing stuff that I’m finding vwhile  trying to organize the storage boxeshttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/12AC61C7-ACE2-4EF0-A160-7DD7E8E78983_jpe-1403411.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rabidus:

Your story is cooler than mine but my Dad scored a high school yearbook at a garage sale with Tom Selleck.

Nice guy, I’ve met hundreds of celebrities since I was a kid and he wasn’t pretentious or self involved like most of them. Anyway, your Dad scored some history. I found one of my yearbooks in my storage unit last week. The spine is a bit beat up but have been giving my kids stuff family stuff like my Grandfather’s watch or my Dad’s golfing stuff that I’m finding vwhile  trying to organize the storage boxeshttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/459941/12AC61C7-ACE2-4EF0-A160-7DD7E8E78983_jpe-1403411.JPG

I thought Tom Selleck was cool after he held his own against Rosie O'Donnell on her show years ago.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:48:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Hey, this was a great thread.

Thank you guys. That was one of my favorite shows when I was in high school.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:31:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By myitinaw:

I loved that show, and Call to Glory as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7TJpGkg0Mc
View Quote

Craig T Nelson and Elizabeth Shue, how’d I miss that one
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Guntoter:

Of all the Magnum scenes I watched, that's the one I remember the most.  Apparently most other people do, too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Guntoter:
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP:
Did you see the sunrise, OP?

Of all the Magnum scenes I watched, that's the one I remember the most.  Apparently most other people do, too.

That's the first tv episode I watched that left me open mouthed. It was really out of character for that time frame for the lead to not be the white hat hero.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:59:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

Best episode of a fantastic series.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
"Did you see the sunrise this morning?"

Best episode of a fantastic series.

Looked ahead on the guide...it is on next monday on hallmark movies and mysteries.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#42]
The more episodes I watch the more I am impressed with the helicopter pilots on the show , some of the stuff they do looks pretty sketchy
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:17:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Meadowmuffin:

ye bye, Robin's Nest! Iconic Magnum, P.I. property demolished

WAIMANALO, OAHU (HawaiiNewsNow) - That's a wrap! The iconic Magnum P.I. residence known as the 'Robin's Nest' was demolished over the weekend.
The 8,900-square-foot Waimanalo mansion was torn down after a demolition permit was issued for the property last month. Drone video taken over the weekend showed the most of the property in pieces.
There are no structures remaining on the site, which has been surrounded with black construction fencing while crews remove the rest of the debris.
Plans for the demolition were first made in 2015, when the property was sold for $8.7 million. The historic estate was said to be 'in need of major repair' at the time of the listing.

The Magnum P.I. house was built in 1933 and has been a famous landmark in Hawaii. It was also used as a filming location various movies and television shows, including Hawaii-Five-O.
The future plans for the property are currently unknown.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37914775/bye-bye-robins-nest-iconic-magnum-pi-property-demolished/

View Quote

Oh my god!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Just because.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:39:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Looks like he's got three Vietnam deployment ribbons (two stars on his original ribbon).
View Quote

And he was a POW. Ivan tortured him and his buds.

As for the new show, Minimum, P.I., Thomas' ex girlfriend is cuter than HiggieBaby.
I liked her as Chuck's ex girlfriend too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Episode 10 the new song played in a chase scene then episode 11 it’s the new into song
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:48:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:51:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Magnum PI had one of the better endings I've seen.  Selleck was done with the fame and basically just peaced out on camera.  Very classy.

"Goodnight."

Don't watch unless you like spoilers.

Magnum Last Episode Closing Credits

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

He was a Lieutenant, I'm not sure when he became a commander. And skipping Lieutenant Commander?

"Magnum attended the United States Naval Academy, Class of '67 or '68, depending on the episode referenced.
He served ten or more years as an officer in the United States Navy, rising to the rank of Lieutenant before resigning from the service in disillusionment in 1979. Magnum was a Vietnam War veteran and a former POW "  He served in both the SEALs and Naval Intelligence during his Navy years, By the final episode of Magnum P.I. in 1988, Thomas had decided to return to active duty in the Navy at the rank of Commander (O-5).
On his Navy uniform, Magnum wore service ribbons for the Navy Cross, Purple Heart, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Gallantry Cross, and the Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal."
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GraboidHunter:
Magnum PI had one of the better endings I've seen.  Selleck was done with the fame and basically just peaced out on camera.  Very classy.

"Goodnight."

Don't watch unless you like spoilers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deZcdIDi_Zs

View Quote

Is it weird that I'm a little jealous that Magnum looked better in his khakis than I did?  Lol!
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top