Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I volunteer to mod, and nominate kcolg30, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need a weed forum.

I volunteer to mod, and nominate kcolg30, too.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So smoking a weed is acceptable to arfcom, but smoking a plant is not.

It is amazing to see people on here bad mouth tobacco smokers and talk about how they stink and have poor life choices, but in the same breath talk about how awesome smoking weed is and that it is nobody's business what anyone does.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.
View Quote

It's amazing to see people on here make shit up out of whole cloth.

News flash, Einstein.  ARFCOM is not a sentient, antonymous being holding different opinions at the same time.  Just because one person's posted opinion doesn't match the next guy's doesn't make it hypocritical or the opinion of a single person named ARFCOM.  It's called a range of opinions. Nobody in this thread said any such thing about tobacco and weed. Not even using two breaths.  You just made that up.   I'll bet you're one of those guys that says "ARFCOM told me..."
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Marijuana is not what is destroying our country, it is making it tolerable to live in.  Boomer politicians are destroying our country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the last year, I have been to NY, Atlanta, Seattle and last week was in DC. Stinky weed was everywhere in all 4 cities. Full disclosure, I've never smoked weed or done drugs. Ever. Been drunk in high school and college many times. Thrown up plenty too. Last time that I was passed out drunk was my bachelor party a little over 32 years ago. I'm no prude. Live and let live as long as it goes both ways.

Marijuana is EVERYWHERE. That genie is very much NOT going back into that bottle. It is part of what is destroying this country.

Marijuana is not what is destroying our country, it is making it tolerable to live in.  Boomer politicians are destroying our country.

Cannabis is soma. Like alcohol.

Take your soma, citizens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They want everyone high, drunk, submissive and compliant.

Thank you for your cooperation.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
ever gone into the dorms at college where all the athletes live?

it smells like a damn pot shop that has caught fire?

i don't know how this is "news" to anyone at this point?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Go to a meeting with a bunch of boomer IT Directors and make a Cheech & Chong reference.  You'll find out who is on the dope.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Go to a meeting with a bunch of boomer IT Directors and make a Cheech & Chong reference.  You'll find out who is on the dope.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

News flash, Einstein.  ARFCOM is not a sentient, antonymous being holding different opinions at the same time.  Just because one person's posted opinion doesn't match the next guy's doesn't make it hypocritical or the opinion of a single person named ARFCOM.  It's called a range of opinions. Nobody in this thread said any such thing about tobacco and weed. Not even using two breaths.  You just made that up.   I'll bet you're one of those guys that says "ARFCOM told me..."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is amazing to see people on here bad mouth tobacco smokers and talk about how they stink and have poor life choices, but in the same breath talk about how awesome smoking weed is and that it is nobody's business what anyone does.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.

Hey new guy, you obviously haven't read the myriad (that means many or several) of threads that Arfcom members make bad mouthing tobacco smokers. Many have said they wish smokers (tobacco) would all die.

And your post is stupid. Most people who have been here long enough refer to arfcom as the "hive". They ask for everyone's opinion.

Go back under your rock. Or just go away. I don't care either way.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole "hive" thing is retarded.

Always has been.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m this thread we find out who the dopers are.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You'd happily consume some variation of them if a guy in a white coat wrote you a script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

You'd happily consume some variation of them if a guy in a white coat wrote you a script.

Yup he’s writing a scrip based upon medical data and established treatment protocols and controlled dosing. I’ve been prescribed fentanyl post-surgery. Probably a bad idea to self-medicate with it however.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yup he’s writing a script based upon medical data and established treatment protocols and controlled dosing. I’ve been prescribed fentanyl post-surgery. Probably a bad idea to self-medicate with it however.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s amazing that young people think The Weed is acceptable for getting employment. Clown World.

It's amazing to me the amount of people that consider themselves pro freedom have such problems with a plant.

Like heroin?  Cocaine?

Yup he’s writing a script based upon medical data and established treatment protocols and controlled dosing. I’ve been prescribed fentanyl post-surgery. Probably a bad idea to self-medicate with it however.

Sure when they are needed. I had a doc prescribe opioids to my 6 yo after a minor routine surgery. A day of children's tylenol and he was fine. Theres no money in that however.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Next thing you'll know is them music boys will be all high on the jazz cabbage.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#15]
The wife is gone to TN this week..so today I dropped half a death star..
250mg chunk of goodness..then went paddleboarding for 4 hrs. At one point I was having a conversation with a racoon that was on my board...or a manatee..
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.
View Quote

Now do alcohol!
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've worked with some dopers.  Poor work ethic and social skills.
View Quote
Yes so in your limited sample that applies to all? I've known many people in my trade that work their ass off but will go sit in their truck and take a few puffs off a pipe or a joint on lunch  sometimes even come back stoned and bust their ass again. I agree that most people who are smoking weed are boneheads but there is plenty of hard working Joe's out there that smoke up too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
yeah, that's exactly the same thing, lol.
View Quote
Well actually it used to be lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.
View Quote

I smoke cigars and wish I had the ability to smoke it wherever and whenever like the potheads do. Cops ignore them for fear of being accused of racism. They will write me a ticket for hundreds however.

And while I think MJ is fucking stupid, and have never indulged (even when on chemo) I don’t care if others do aside from the stench that is everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hey new guy, you obviously haven't read the myriad (that means many or several) of threads that Arfcom members make bad mouthing tobacco smokers. Many have said they wish smokers (tobacco) would all die.

And your post is stupid. Most people who have been here long enough refer to arfcom as the "hive". They ask for everyone's opinion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.

Ahhh...isn't that sweet!  Hive mind my ass.  You were speaking about a person. When you said people present two conflicting views "not even using two breaths"; that was the single breath of a person, not the single breath of the hive mind you were referring to.

And why would you ask the hive mind it's opinion if you have already determined it to be hypocritical?  How can an aggregation of opinions, ie. hive mind, be hypocritical anyway?  Wouldn't that be something only an individual could do?  That's the incongruity between what you posted originally and your rebuttal to my post.

Why am I not surprised you immediately fall back on the tired old bullshit claim that your join date has somehow imbued you with the wisdom of the gods?  May I recommend you put some thought and effort into coming up with something original and sassy to show us you are at least trying, instead of just regurgitating some tired ass lame crap?

Enjoy your day, sir.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Pshhhh

It’s weed for me instead of the daily 150mg of generic Zoloft that the VA prescribed for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/nba-marijuana-durant/2023/07/26/id/1128622/

Apparently it's across all pro sports.  I wonder how they pack it across state lines.

Probably either have local connections or it goes in a van.

Who's pulling over NBA vans?

Doordash but for primo drugs?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

And the under age prostitutes.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m hoping someone is working on a formula that keeps from weed stinking so bad.  

That’s the only issue I have with it.  

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Apparently FPDNNI - first post did not nail it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying anything pro or against weed, but you do realize that a whole lot of intoxicating substances come from plants?  Cocaine, heroin, LSD (a fungus but for our purposes a plant), salvia, etc.  I don't think the "it's a fucking plant" argument holds that much water here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Probably either have local connections or it goes in a van.

Who's pulling over NBA vans?
View Quote
Wouldn't be hard. When I used to travel with an NFL team the bus would take you onto the tarmac and you walk onto the plane.

You think teams go through airport security?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup he’s writing a scrip based upon medical data and established treatment protocols and controlled dosing.
View Quote

We're you in a coma from 2020 until last week?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm not saying anything pro or against weed, but you do realize that a whole lot of intoxicating substances come from plants?  Cocaine, heroin, LSD (a fungus but for our purposes a plant), salvia, etc.  I don't think the "it's a fucking plant" argument holds that much water here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The difference as I see it is you need a lab and chemists for all the drugs you listed. Weed is just that, a weed.  Plant some seeds, up pops a plant.  Several months later it gets cut down and dried.  It's then ready for consumption.

How long has heroin and cocaine been around?  About 150 years. How long has weed been consumed? I think since cavemen learned to roll a joint.  How many people have died directly from consuming powdery stuff? A cubic shitload.  How many deaths directly from weed consumption? Zero.

Right or wrong, I think weed is here to stay.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fucking druggies, It doesn't surprise me. These idiots failed in life. All they know how to do is run around with other men playing and tossing balls around.
View Quote

Woah. There’s some serious jealousy pumping through those veins.

Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well your employees must not have CDL’s or work with heavy equipment or handle any types of dangerous equipment.

I saw two accidents this week that did a lot of damage. Together they took out five utility poles one transformer bank and one bucket truck and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs involved.
Not that people don’t fuck up without being on drugs but fuck ups who do drugs fuck up more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never involved myself in adult employees' personal habits at home. If they came to work drunk, hungover, or stoned then we had a problem. Had some beers and smoked weed at home, none of my business.

Well your employees must not have CDL’s or work with heavy equipment or handle any types of dangerous equipment.

I saw two accidents this week that did a lot of damage. Together they took out five utility poles one transformer bank and one bucket truck and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs involved.
Not that people don’t fuck up without being on drugs but fuck ups who do drugs fuck up more.

I think you actually meant "and I would be willing to bet after they drug test all involved they will find that there were drugs used at some point within the last month."

At least in regards to weed. I have no idea how long other stuff sticks around for.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

A bit profane......but otherwise point well stated.
There are certainly some alcoholics that stay buzzed all day but they would be in the small minority.
MANY pothead's can't or don't go through every day life without getting loaded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's amazing to me the amount of people who's lives suck so much that they can't go grocery shopping without getting high.   Or that even when getting paid millions to chase a fucking ball like a dog that can't do it without getting high as fuck.

There are certainly some alcoholics that stay buzzed all day but they would be in the small minority.

How would you know?
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#32]
#stunned
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't  smoke weed and then go grocery  shopping.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:07:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We're you in a come from 2020 until last week?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup he’s writing a scrip based upon medical data and established treatment protocols and controlled dosing.

We're you in a come from 2020 until last week?

Wow you brought COVID into it… /golfclap
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:08:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The difference as I see it is you need a lab and chemists for all the drugs you listed. Weed is just that, a weed.  Plant some seeds, up pops a plant.  Several months later it gets cut down and dried.  It's then ready for consumption.

How long has heroin and cocaine been around?  About 150 years. How long has weed been consumed? I think since cavemen learned to roll a joint.  How many people have died directly from consuming powdery stuff? A cubic shitload.  How many deaths directly from weed consumption? Zero.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think the strains they are growing today are just some plant in the ground and have nothing to do with chemistry?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ya, I prefer to just drink everyday and deliver alcohol to boomers when I’m sober.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:34:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have anything to back up those claims or is it how you feel?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wow you brought COVID into it… /golfclap
View Quote

That's the new reference point for everything in the universe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:39:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Employment is a voluntary contractual arrangement which entails obligations that aren't necessarily in keeping with the "freedom" of unemployment. In truth, each represents a tradeoff in terms of the type of freedom offered (time vs financial).

We're never truly "free", no matter the point of view. We're all tethered to, & dependant on something in this world.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hypocrisy at its finest.

And no I don't smoke.

?? ‘Arfcom says…’ is the single dumbest thing posted in here.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Apparently it's across all pro sports.  I wonder how they pack it across state lines.
View Quote

Pay Mcafee take about getting high after winning the Super Bowl on the Colts plane with other guys.   They’re not special. They drive it across state lines and break the law just like gun smugglers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Big boomer energy in this thread.

View Quote

Not just boomers.

You can be pro de-criminalization but anti-use.

I don't think mere possession/use of any substance, gambling, or paying for sex should be illegal.

But I look down on anyone who partakes of those things.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opium has a similar ease-of-production going for it, and it can lead to problems, obviously.  Though I think the War on Some Drugs has done infinitely more damage to our society than the effects of these plants' misuse.  

Enforcing our existing laws against violent acts and theft would go a long way towards ameliorating the ill effects from illicit drugs.  We're not doing that, either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:31:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Yet I just got back from a Random Test for my work from home job...
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’m hoping someone is working on a formula that keeps from weed stinking so bad.  

That’s the only issue I have with it.  

View Quote

If you vape it, there’s virtually no smell.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Weed and steroids/PED's are all throughout pro sports.

Pretending otherwise doesn't do anyone any favors.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In the last year, I have been to NY, Atlanta, Seattle and last week was in DC. Stinky weed was everywhere in all 4 cities. Full disclosure, I've never smoked weed or done drugs. Ever. Been drunk in high school and college many times. Thrown up plenty too. Last time that I was passed out drunk was my bachelor party a little over 32 years ago. I'm no prude. Live and let live as long as it goes both ways.

Marijuana is EVERYWHERE. That genie is very much NOT going back into that bottle. It is part of what is destroying this country.
View Quote

“I have ZERO personal experience with ______ but let me prothletize to you about the subject matter…”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

They fly on charter flights. Don’t go through security.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Jujst my anecdotal observation. Myn friends that took up weed since it became legal have gotten kind of weird. Like more argumentive and like they don't give a shit what they say
View Quote

Sounds like they took up GD.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#50]
It’s not possible make a critique.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top