BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it would have been better to just circle back to the cop car, pull the keys, lock the doors and then scoot.

You know Deputy Dog would catch hell over that.

I'm from a small town.  That was both familiar and refreshing...
View Quote
And remember to lock the keys in the car so you can't be accused of theft.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lol why waste time and money doing this?
View Quote
muh law and order
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I love off road chases.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its a back field that my dad can't see from his place. The land he's on is 190 acres so its hard to see the other end as its 6000 feet away. He's almost 70 anyways, can barely work the TV. I put up a game camera, but it got stolen.

edit the field is the one in the upper right, and his house is behind the camera

https://i.imgur.com/cVFmYZ3.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not just get some video of the kid trespassing?
Its a back field that my dad can't see from his place. The land he's on is 190 acres so its hard to see the other end as its 6000 feet away. He's almost 70 anyways, can barely work the TV. I put up a game camera, but it got stolen.

edit the field is the one in the upper right, and his house is behind the camera

https://i.imgur.com/cVFmYZ3.jpg
gotcha...Not a fan of trespassers so I can sympathize.

Quoted:
Lol why waste time and money doing this?
This unless they're tearing up people's property who gives a shit if they jumped on a public road to get from one trail to another.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Back in the late 80's some of my friends were riding 4wheelers on backroads one night.  Local sheriff passes them going the other direction, flips on his blue lights, and does a 3 point uturn to chase them.  One of the guys dropped his drink (jack and coke in a huge cup with a lid) and turned around to pick it up, so by the time he got moving again the cop was right on his tail.

The other guys were a ways ahead of him, and he saw them turn down a road he knew was a dead end, so rather than lead the cop down that road he just kept going down the main road.

He wasn't wide open or anything.  Just cruising at about 35-40.   The road he was on goes through a national forest so on either side of the road is heavy woods and either a hill or ravine.  Not something you can pull off of on a 4wheeler without dying.

Of course, that also meant the cop couldn't really get around him without ramming him.

So he just drove down that road.......for 18 miles.

Then he sees the end of the woods, and realizes he's through the forest and cultivated fields are coming up, and knows he has the cop beat.  As soon as he can, he turns off through the ditch and when he's in the bottom of the ditch the front of the cop car smashes down on his rear rack, pinning the ATV in the ditch.  The rider is the biggest smartass in the world, so he just keeps on the throttle on the 4wheeler, spinning tires as the cop gets out screaming at him.

He got cuffed and stuffed, and taken down to the police station, where he was blasted to give up the other riders.  His dad comes down, and upon hearing the story says "So you thought it was worth ramming a kid on an ATV and possibly killing him just to stop him?"  The cop started stammering and the whole thing went away after the dad went ballistic on the cop for reckless endangerment.

And before anyone says "Horrible dad getting his kid out of that" my buddy got dragged out of bed every day all that summer, and sent out to chop cotton, with no pay.  His dad made sure he knew that while he might get him out of trouble with LEO for such mischief, it wasn't going to go unpunished.

That story still makes me ROFL every time he tells it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I would have chased them.

My father's neighbor's kid drives his side by side all over my dad's fields. Tracks lead from his field to the neighbors garage. Neighbor has a farm and like 300 acres, not sure why he wants to go trash my father's fields.

People buy these things then ride them illegally everywhere. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if they ride them on the roads illegally. Its that they go tear up alfalfa fields with real $ lost.

There should be a wifi remote kill available to the police and neighbors of unruly SxS's. If my dad see's one of those things tearing up his fields, he should be able to press a button and deactivate it so the police can come and pay the owner a visit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You might be right.. They might be the source of complaints.  From prudes and nosey nancies.
View Quote
or people who don't want to deal with the neighborhood juvenile delinquents anymore.
Some of you in the thread looking back fondly at your juvenile antics were probably neighborhood hell-raisers who were considered a PITA by your neighbors
You want to have fun as juveniles? Fine. But be responsible and answer for your actions, not run away from accountability
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
or people who don't want to deal with the neighborhood juvenile delinquents anymore.
Some of you in the thread looking back fondly at your juvenile antics were probably neighborhood hell-raisers who were considered a PITA by your neighbors
You want to have fun as juveniles? Fine. But be responsible and answer for your actions, not run away from accountability
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be right.. They might be the source of complaints.  From prudes and nosey nancies.
When the neighbor's kids got ATVs and started making a bunch of ruckus on summer evenings I thought fondly to myself "I guess I deserve this".

The people that lived around my dad must have hated me.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And risk hurting/killing two kids that were out for a joy ride?

Sounds like LE in that area needs some serious de-funding and scaling down if that's the biggest issue the town faces. Seems they are a burden on the tax payers more than anything else.
View Quote
I agree, what a couple of power hungry, order following, Gestapo asshats.

Couple of freedom fighters verse government tyrants.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
WSP in my area would completely lose it if they saw a kid on a Honda trail 90 trying to get to the logging roads.
I'm talking red in the face threatening to shoot like the guy in the video.  
It seems like the Staters would have something better to do but things were pretty quiet around here back then.

eta. WSP # 695 Wagner stopped me more times than I can count but never caught me in the act.
RIP John
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
You haven't lived until you have outran the police.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You haven't lived until you have outran the police. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You haven't lived until you have outran the police. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
What's the statute of limitations in Louisiana.....asking for a friend?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:42:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When the neighbor's kids got ATVs and started making a bunch of ruckus on summer evenings I thought fondly to myself "I guess I deserve this".

The people that lived around my dad must have hated me.
View Quote
Yep.  I've never minded the occasional 2am fireworks, or smoky burnouts, or midnight loud noises followed by drunken cackling, etc.  It's as American as apple pie.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
When you pull this off as a kid it's a fucking victory, the likes of which you will fondly remember the rest of your life.  I won't go into details about the one time I may have been involved in such an escapade.  But the stakes were....high.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Rooting for the kids in this one, society doesn't need to win every single time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Cop did well to keep up like he did.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I treat MCs like vehicles in the OP.

I dont chase,  and just let laugh when Darwin catches up to them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Cops took it too far.

Honestly, some decent investigatory work the next day could have nabbed the two of them anyway.  Odds are, there aren’t a lot of those RZRs in the area.  Talk to some people and you’re almost sure to hear of one that fits the description.  Go talk to the owner and I bet it won’t be hard to find out who it was on the dash cam video.  Charge as you see fit.

Chasing them around fields and into the woods is just lunacy, regardless if you feel they should be punished for their “joyride”.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Funniest one I've ever seen...

cop car catches fire after chasing 4X4
View Quote
At least he proved that when you grab a moving vehicle and "It's dragging me!", you can just let go and walk away, it's not a life threatening situation that forces the cop to shoot the driver. Too bad he was smart enough to do that but not smart enough to drive his squad off the grass fire he started. You see the dumbest stuff sometimes when LEOs are trying to show off for TV cameras.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:47:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had a dirt bike when I was young and taunted cops. They gave chase, I hit woods, they couldn't drive a car in the woods.  It was fun.
View Quote
Yeah we did too but they knew where we lived.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Cops chased me and my brother on our CR250, we hit the orchards and the chase was over.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#22]
One big problem with ATV's operating on the roads and trespassing, is because the greenie tree-hugging fucking liberals have shut down a lot of local ATV trail systems...so many riders have to travel hours away just to ride.  I stopped riding and traded my ATV for a motorcycle when they closed down the trail system near me (still 1hr away) under the bullshit made-up claim of "erosion"

That's still no excuse to trespass and tear up private property.  I always respected property, whether it was mine, my friends, or the local trail system in the National Forest.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My father's neighbor's kid drives his side by side all over my dad's fields. Tracks lead from his field to the neighbors garage. Neighbor has a farm and like 300 acres, not sure why he wants to go trash my father's fields.

People buy these things then ride them illegally everywhere. I've gotten to the point where I don't care if they ride them on the roads illegally. Its that they go tear up alfalfa fields with real $ lost.

There should be a wifi remote kill available to the police and neighbors of unruly SxS's. If my dad see's one of those things tearing up his fields, he should be able to press a button and deactivate it so the police can come and pay the owner a visit.
View Quote
I had a neighbor who ran some kids in 4x4s off his property a couple of times. His acreage was gated because he had cattle and horses, so they had to physically open gates to get in. My neighbor also had a few steel targets out in the field at various ranges. The kids were riding around in sight of his house. So my neighbor gets out one of his rifles and starts ringing steel out in the field and the kids hauled ass and never came back.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Jesus effing Christ; they tazed the driver of a moving vehicle from their moving patrol car? What effing manual did that come from? Video from the incident;

[youtube]b5irs3CBq44#fauxfullscreen[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I had a neighbor who ran some kids in 4x4s off his property a couple of times. His acreage was gated because he had cattle and horses, so they had to physically open gates to get in. My neighbor also had a few steel targets out in the field at various ranges. The kids were riding around in sight of his house. So my neighbor gets out one of his rifles and starts ringing steel out in the field and the kids hauled ass and never came back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's lucky one of them didn't get hit.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Haha dumb fucking cop

Should have thrown doughnuts at the car
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's a video that was posted on here of someone shooting a target in the desert, right as the guy was about to pull the trigger, some kids on dirtbikes rode directly in front of the target.  It was all public land but IIRC the video demonstrated that it would have been catastrophic had he pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big field, that one was probably 20 acres or so, maybe bigger. Like three steel targets and two kids on ATVs. It’s not like bullets really ricochet when they hit steel at close to 90 degrees.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Big field, that one was probably 20 acres or so, maybe bigger. Like three steel targets and two kids on ATVs. It’s not like bullets really ricochet when they hit steel at close to 90 degrees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they weren't close, how did they hear the shot? Between riding ATVs and wearing a helmet, it's hard to hear.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bumper bars, should have used them.
View Quote
Sure. Let's advocate possibly killing a couple teenagers over them hurting no one, and breaking no laws except for operating on a shitty back country public roadway (which people all over the country do every single day) and outrunning a pig cop.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
from that videos perspective it makes that RZR seem rather slow.
View Quote
Cop car had no problem keeping up.  RZR is no match for popo...on the road.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I like how after the cop got out and started running after the kids how he yelled he was going to shoot them.    For what?  Being stupid?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

THIS

They had a roll cage.  He should have PITTED them big time.
View Quote
Doing a PIT maneuver on that RZR would have 100% rolled it over, possibly crushing it under the front of the squad car, or at the very least ,making it tumble/roll in such a way that the occupants could fly out of it. The open wheel design of a RZR doesn't lend itself to making such a maneuver safe for anyone. Occupants or the officer. It would likely mean an instant death or severe injury for the people in the RZR. It won't act the same way as a normal vehicle when using a PIT.

By all means, let's kill a couple teens out for a joy ride in an offroad vehicle.

People like you are the problem with this country. Those kids were not hurting anyone whatsoever, yet you think it's ok to possibly kill them just to issue a few tickets.

Your post makes me sick, and only further reinforces my extreme dislike for police officers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What I was hoping for.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Sure. Let's advocate possibly killing a couple teenagers over them hurting no one, and breaking no laws except for operating on a shitty back country public roadway (which people all over the country do every single day) and outrunning a pig cop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Free up oxygen for the rest of us
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#36]
An ambush set up for kids on a Razor ? WTF ? we're they out snatching old ladies purses or something ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If they weren't close, how did they hear the shot? Between riding ATVs and wearing a helmet, it's hard to hear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if they were wearing helmets. So, IIRC, it was roughly 300-400 meters from the neighbors backyard where he shot from to the most distant target, basically a square field and he is shooting diagonally across it. I didn’t witness it, he told me about it. But they basically stopped at one point, saw what he was doing, saw/heard steel ringing, and hauled ass.

There were other places on his property that they could have ridden, but I think they were just being dicks doing it in view of the house. I think my neighbor had 96 acres.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cop in detroit did a drive by tasering on a guy on a 4 wheeler. While I think its hilarious it didn't work out so well for either of them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
When I was younger we had a cop yell that at us.  My punk friend yelled back (from the woods) "you're not the only one with a gun, dumb fuck!"  Silence ensued.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Free up oxygen for the rest of us
View Quote
and people wonder why there are ambush killing of cops....
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Could see it was a boy and girl.  Cockblocking copper.  That boy deserves some extra sugar, he worked to keep them free.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Shitty Police Charger probably needs a 87 point alignment after that stunt with bent control arms.

A CrownVic could have likely gone rock crawling and been fine but the moment he stopped with hot cats he would have burned the car to the ground with the rest of the woods.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:57:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Jesus effing Christ; they tazed the driver of a moving vehicle from their moving patrol car? What effing manual did that come from? Video from the incident;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5irs3CBq44#fauxfullscreen
View Quote
Since many of you try to claim that LEOs can't hit the side of a barn, being able to get two probes to connect when shooting from one moving vehicle into another moving vehicle IS rather a rather epic display of Taser marksmanship, if nothing else...........
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It looked to me as if the passenger was a girl.  That, or a long-haired redneck.
View Quote
The driver looked to be a male with a short neat haircut.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Local popo use one of these to hand out high speed driving awards.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Since many of you try to claim that LEOs can't hit the side of a barn, being able to get two probes to connect when shooting from one moving vehicle into another moving vehicle IS rather a rather epic display of Taser marksmanship, if nothing else...........
View Quote
aaaaand you didn't even watch the video before crafting your oh so clever reply.

Well done. So astute. Much clever. Wow.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wouldn’t be surprised if the cops know exactly where those kids live and we’re waiting for them when they got home
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure we've talked about it before.  Oh well.  But here's a video of small town cops lying in wait and ambushing a couple kids on a RZR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dypivSnPYuU
Wouldn’t be surprised if the cops know exactly where those kids live and we’re waiting for them when they got home
That's a hell of a lot better idea than chasing them, trying to pit them, and threatening to shot them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I started my juvenile antics as respectfully as I could possibly be.

After years of living in this small tow...Er shithole being told by the old blood that have lived there for generations that Me and my family are not from there,  dont belong there and are not welcome there.  My ability to give a fuck about their feelings did begin to go away.  But I still made every effort show respect to them and their property.

One thing I learned in small towns as much as I like the thought of living in places with small populations is...  They are full of hypocrites that never practice what the preach,  business owners are protectionists that get into power positions as to bully out competition and the local yokel PD's and SD's tend to play favorites to the business owners and the "elites".

I specifically remember one asshole that lived on the edge of town with a real fun pasture.  Asshole told me I could ride on his property anytime I wanted.  One day I did,  I went out riding my dirt bike out in the pasture only to see him recording me with a camcorder.  When I asked him why the camcorder? He replied...."I am going to give this to the city attorney and the sheriff".

And he did.  His buddy the city attorney.. An old 80 year old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" prick proceeded to give my 17 year old ass 200 hours of community service with none other than the faggot who railroaded me with a camcorder.  And a 500 dollar fine.  Oh and did I mention Mr camcorder was a business owner,  and would not give me any work to do.  In the mean time I had turned 18.  After a meeting with the city attorney and a extension on my community service with again.... Mr camcorder,  who then still wouldn't give me shit to do.  I went to jail for 5 days to "pay" for the 200 hours of community service.

I have plenty of other stories involving such small town bull shit from a couple small towns that I've lived in.  I can continue for a while.  Like being caught out after curfew with 25 or so other kids,  about 12 managed to get away and out of the rest about 8 were kids of "someone special".
Those 8 were sent home with mom and dad with no consequences.  Guess what the remainder of the kids had to do?  We got to go see the juvenile justice and a lot of community service for our bad deed.  

One thing I have learned the hard way about a lot of small communities.... Is that they tend to be full of self centered,  vain,  hypocritical corrupt assholes with a spattering of truly great humans.  My buddies father whom was a deputy in said town took retirement as soon as he could and absolutely refused to run for Sheriff,  He always loved to tell the stories of the families that were in church on Sunday and and the rest of the week their wives and husbands were sneaking around cheating on each other.  Some of his stories for 30 years as a deputy in that town were fucking amusing.  In fact.  I think the only reason that I never went to prison is the fact that I got to know many of the deputies that were hired on later in my childhood.  

I live in a larger town now,  I don't have those issues.  I don't like living in a larger town in general.  But I can ride my ATV to the store without being harassed now.

In the end this video is hard to discern whether they are being chased for being trouble makers of because barney is bored..  I tend to go with my life experiences.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

This was one of the few things that greatly amused me as a young kid in a small town of bored deputies.  They knew who they were chasing.  It was just as entertaining for them as it was for us.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Must be in a county with no real criminals.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top