Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Fags 8:D    For those who would post unironically are me and should be called by my name.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ezekiel 25:17
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:59:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Isaiah 53:5

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Isaiah is remarkable, how accurately he foretold the birth and suffering of Christ on our behalf.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:14:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Proverbs 28:1

The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.

Ecclesiastes 3:1

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
1 Timothy 1:15 for me.  It's faithful... worthy to be received by all... Christ Jesus came into the world ...  to save sinners ... even the worst of sinners ... like me.

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Proverbs 21:19

Better to dwell in the wilderness, Than with a contentious and angry woman.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#9]
CoC 7 - Posting to elicit negative response  --- Edited by brass
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#10]
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
1 Corinthians 18
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

It was the first verse I ever memorized, and I have not forgotten it.

I have been dealing with a lot of health issues and this verse really speaks to me:
Revelation 3:10 "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world."

I know this is not about illness, but the Great Tribulation.  What I am suffering with is nothing compared to what is to come, but knowing that Jesus will "protect me from the great time of testing" is reassuring.   This verse carried me through cancer surgery, carried me through a Pulmonary Embolism that should have killed me, carries me through Dialysis and is going to bring me to victory with a kidney transplant.

He is Faithful when I am weak.  He is faithful even when I am not.  I am beyond grateful, and humble that Christ would take an interest in me and that He is so patient with me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Luke 7:36-50

Now one of the Pharisees was requesting Him to dine with him, and He entered the Pharisee’s house and reclined at the table. And there was a woman in the city who was a sinner; and when she learned that He was reclining at the table in the Pharisee’s house, she brought an alabaster vial of perfume, and standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and kept wiping them with the hair of her head, and kissing His feet and anointing them with the perfume. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet He would know who and what sort of person this woman is who is touching Him, that she is a sinner.”

And Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he replied, “Say it, Teacher.” “A moneylender had two debtors: one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. “When they were unable to repay, he graciously forgave them both. So which of them will love him more?” Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.” And He said to him, “You have judged correctly.” Turning toward the woman, He said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. “You gave Me no kiss; but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet. “You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume. “For this reason I say to you, her sins, which are many, have been forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little.” Then He said to her, “Your sins have been forgiven.” Those who were reclining at the table with Him began to say to themselves, “Who is this man who even forgives sins?” And He said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
In Jacksonville AL for a few days.  Went to Cookout for lunch since I enjoyed it in the *other* J-Action-Ville (in NC).  Looked down on my cup and it had "Proverbs 1:7" printed towards the base of the cup;

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Brothers, no truer words were spoken.

My favorite?  I don't know, because there are so many to choose from.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Micah 4:4

“But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.”
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Isaiah 40:31:

But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
John 1.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

It was the first verse I ever memorized, and I have not forgotten it.

I have been dealing with a lot of health issues and this verse really speaks to me:
Revelation 3:10 "Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world."

I know this is not about illness, but the Great Tribulation.  What I am suffering with is nothing compared to what is to come, but knowing that Jesus will "protect me from the great time of testing" is reassuring.   This verse carried me through cancer surgery, carried me through a Pulmonary Embolism that should have killed me, carries me through Dialysis and is going to bring me to victory with a kidney transplant.

He is Faithful when I am weak.  He is faithful even when I am not.  I am beyond grateful, and humble that Christ would take an interest in me and that He is so patient with me.
View Quote
Prayed for you.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Job 5:22
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Matthew 19:24
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Faith without works is dead.

In before the haters?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#21]
As a Soldier, one that has always stood strong for me is Isaiah 6:8.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me."
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#22]
"And I heard also a voice saying unto me, Rise, Peter; kill and eat."

And that is how bacon came to exist.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 11:55:29 PM EDT
[#23]
1 Cor. 1:30

Matthew 11:28-30
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Faith without works is dead.

In before the haters?
View Quote
It's true. Works alone does not save us, but we do works because we are saved. It's built in to our faith.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's true. Works alone does not save us, but we do works because we are saved. It's built in to our faith.
View Quote
I realize this.  To me it's the cornerstone of Christianity.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#26]
And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Matthew 28:20
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:19:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Luke 7:36-50. A very profound passage imo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
But it's not. Christ and His work is the cornerstone. Romans 4:2-8.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:24:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Think about it
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

James 2:14

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#31]
2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 4:45:42 AM EDT
[#32]
The Prologue of the Gospel Of John
John 1:1-18
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Roman's 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#34]
the entire book of Jonah is my life. I read it weekly. Someday the whale Great Fish will puke me out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 6:06:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Poverbs 21:19
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
View Quote
Yeah.  My take is people will look at a cold hungry homeless person and say "how can there be a God that lets this happen?".  Instead of questioning God maybe just get them a blanket and a cheesburger?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Vengeance is Mine, and retribution,
In due time their foot will slip;
For the day of their calamity is near,
And the impending things are hastening upon them.

Deuteronomy 32:35
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Titus 3: Be ready for every good work.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yeah.  My take is people will look at a cold hungry homeless person and say "how can there be a God that lets this happen?".  Instead of questioning God maybe just get them a blanket and a cheesburger?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even a non believer could feel compelled to do that.

There is a great deal of confusion among believers concerning James' statement as it seems to be in conflict with what Paul says. Because of this, believers tend to discount one or the other's statement. I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

I think James may have been responding to Paul because, if read literally and on it's own, Paul's statement seems to indicate that you're done once you've been saved. Hey, no more laws to follow.

Crack that bottle and load that bowl buddy, let's get a buzz on and go find us some women. No Hell for us!

That may not be the best way to walk in this world as a representative of God.

On the other hand, James' statement appears to indicate there are laws we must follow. We know that's not true, but his statement isn't wrong; just incomplete, like Paul's.

To me, the Truth is found in Christ. He is in me, and I in Him. I walk with Him so I may know God. That means I don't do those things that are no longer covered by the laws. Doing good works is a feature that's meant to benefit the world, not me.

Speaking of benefiting the world, I need to get ready for work, pronto.

Peace.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

There is a great deal of confusion among believers concerning James' statement as it seems to be in conflict with what Paul says. Because of this, believers tend to discount one or the other's statement. I don't think they're mutually exclusive.

I think James may have been responding to Paul because, if read literally and on it's own, Paul's statement seems to indicate that you're done once you've been saved. Hey, no more laws to follow.

Crack that bottle and load that bowl buddy, let's get a buzz on and go find us some women. No Hell for us!

On the other hand, James' statement appears to indicate there are laws we must follow. We know that's not true, but his statement isn't wrong; just incomplete, like Paul's.

To me, the Truth is found in Christ. He is in me, and I in Him. I walk with Him so I may know God. That means I don't do those things that are no longer covered by the laws. Doing good works is a feature that's meant to benefit the world, not me.

Peace.
View Quote
Would it be fair to say Paul was communist leaning and James was capitalist leaning?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#42]
psalm 91
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
View Quote
Right. Save him from what? What does "dead" mean?

If "save" is referring to salvation from hell, then it's an inherent contradiction to Romans 4:2-8. If you read the context where Rahab is the example of being "saved", being saved from the destruction of Jericho. James, if you read it from the beginning (and not add one's own context to verses 14-26 as 87% of preachers do), it's talking about service to the Lord, not salvation from Hell. Salvation from eternal condemnation is on the basis of faith alone.

Dead means "useless". Some translations have that word here instead of "dead". For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. A body without a spirit is still a body, it's just useless.

James is basically saying the same thing that Hebrews 11 is.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Peace.
View Quote
James was written 2-10 years before Paul's letters.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Right. Save him from what? What does "dead" mean?

If "save" is referring to salvation from hell, then it's an inherent contradiction to Romans 4:2-8. If you read the context where Rahab is the example of being "saved", being saved from the destruction of Jericho. James, if you read it from the beginning (and not add one's own context to James 14-26 as 87% of preachers do here), it's talking about service to the Lord, not salvation from Hell. Salvation from eternal condemnation is on the basis of faith alone.

Dead means "useless". Some translations have that word here instead of "dead". For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead. A body without a spirit is still a body, it's just useless.

James is basically saying the same thing that Hebrews 11 is.
View Quote
James is basically saying people have to do Gods work.  Not just look at others suffering and blame it on God.  They have to do something.  Doing something is the works.  No true Christian would look at someone in true need and not do anything then proceed to blame God.  They should be the change.  That is why faith without works is dead.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Revelation 19:11.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:03:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

James is basically saying people have to do Gods work.  Not just look at others suffering and blame it on God.  They have to do something.  Doing something is the works.  No true Christian would look at someone in true need and not do anything then proceed to blame God.  They should be the change.  That is why faith without works is dead.
View Quote
So you must do works to be a "true christian". That contradicts not only Paul (especially in Romans 4-5 and Ephesians 2), but Jesus in John:
6:28  Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" 29  Jesus answered and said to them,"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."

What James is talking about is not about salvation, but witness. If you want to be an effective servant for God, you have to do good works; that's all the carnal world can see.

ETA: but that is entirely separate from eternal condemnation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#48]
I like JOEL 3:10
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Psalm 91:4

He will cover you with his feathers,

and under his wings you will find refuge;

his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
psalm 91
View Quote
This one here. The whole chapter.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top