Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol. It don't have a goddam thing to do with what any democrat says about him, it's his own actions and words against Trump,
View Quote
Trump was bashing DeSantis for months including three days before his reelection.  DeSantis owes Trump nothing at this point. Trump being the egotistical twat that he is couldn't stand DeSantis being popular.  DeSantis hasn't said anything about Trump that's not true. He goes after trumps rino record while Trump makes up stupid nicknames and attacks him for being too conservative.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Look at what countied voted Democrat during gov race 2018:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Florida_gubernatorial_election#:~:text=After%20the%20recount%20was%20complete,over%2050%25%20of%20the%20vote.

And then look at what counties voted dem during 2016 2020 presidential race and get back to me with your nonsense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrats turned out to vote en masse in 2018 BECAUSE of Trump. They gained 41 seats in the house and 7 governorships. His endorsement likely hurt in the general election (although probably helped in the primary).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Florida_gubernatorial_election#:~:text=After%20the%20recount%20was%20complete,over%2050%25%20of%20the%20vote.

And then look at what counties voted dem during 2016 2020 presidential race and get back to me with your nonsense.

No correlation whatsoever.

Look what counties went his way in 2022.

ETA: are you trying to claim that Trump was not the driving force for the “blue wave” in 2018?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
That's not how elections and voting works. Apathy makes people stay at home, not vote for the other candidate.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Trump was bashing DeSantis for months including three days before his reelection.  DeSantis owes Trump nothing at this point. Trump being the egotistical twat that he is couldn't stand DeSantis being popular.  DeSantis hasn't said anything about Trump that's not true. He goes after trumps rino record while Trump makes up stupid nicknames and attacks him for being too conservative.
View Quote

The election was in 2018, and it's the ONLY reason he was elected in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok sure. Followed the polling closely of a gubernatorial race in another state.

And we’re back to believing polls again?
View Quote

I think you're mixing shit up.  Go look at that link that I posted and see how close the election was. Ron won ONLY because of Trump's STRONG endorsement and rallying for him.

Ron picked a hell of a way to repay that help, and don't think the entire country didn't notice how poorly Ron choose afterwards, to throw his hat in agaisnt Trump.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#6]
He reminds me of a used car dealer I used to know.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The election was in 2018, and it's the ONLY reason he was elected in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet be won in 22 by 20 points with Trump attacking him. Won counties Trump lost.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Who is Rob DeSantis?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I know you Florida guys love him and it seems others do to so why isn’t he leading in the polls?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Didn't vote for him in the primaries, didn't know much about him.

Since he's been in office, nothing but win after win!

He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.

Much smarter than Trump, better.
View Quote

He was much better than Adam Putnam in the primary. Putnam was the RPOF's swamp pick @PR361. DeSantis was a dark horse candidate that ruined Putnam's run. DeSantis originally was going to run for the Senate, Maro Rubio's seat. The problem is Rubio chickened out in 2016, so DeSantis instead ran for Governor.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol. You weren't paying attention to the polling at that time I see. I was. Trump got him elected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrats turned out to vote en masse in 2018 BECAUSE of Trump. They gained 41 seats in the house and 7 governorships. His endorsement likely hurt in the general election (although probably helped in the primary).

Lol. You weren't paying attention to the polling at that time I see. I was. Trump got him elected.

I have him blocked for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's not how elections and voting works. Apathy makes people stay at home, not vote for the other candidate.
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know you Florida guys love him and it seems others do to so why isn't he leading in the polls?
View Quote
Maybe rabid Trumpers?

I mean, they are the ones claiming that the guy being attacked by every leftist inside and outside the country is a RINO. Hell, even the government of Mexico is attacking him, so he must be a RINO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lol. It don't have a goddam thing to do with what any democrat says about him, it's his own actions and words against Trump, a guy who literally is the only reason that Desantis beat that drug riddled democrat shoe-in whatever his name was several years ago. The big tall strong black guy that would've wiped the floor with Desantis had Trump not endorsed him. The same guy found passed out naked with drugs and shit all over, and his gay lover.

This guy:

What happened to Andrew Gillum?
On May 4, after a nearly three-week trial, jurors acquitted Gillum on a single count of making false statements but couldn't reach a verdict on 18 other conspiracy and wire fraud counts against both defendants.May 15, 2023

And lol@all the desantis "rino" pussyhurt. Take it as a figure of speech and not literal. He's a "rino". He did himself with his clownish actions against the presumptive nominee, Trump, who is the best we got right now.
View Quote
@anymanusa, as a Floridian involved in FL politics. Any Republican had a hard fight against Gillum in 2018. The RPOF's choice was going to be Adam Putnam, the then Agriculture Commissioner. The one statewide office that went to a Democrat in 2018. Putnam was 110% swamp pick by the RPOF and DeSantis fucking crushed him out of left field in the primary.

The thing is, Putnam was polling worse than DeSantis was against Gillum.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yet be won in 22 by 20 points with Trump attacking him. Won counties Trump lost.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/114465/1000002201_jpg-2872373.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are comparing a presidential election year vs an off year.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a realist.

One man, even the President, in the course of eight years is not going to be able to single handed fixed all of our problems that are the result of over a century of progressive leftism.  

However, DeSantis will likely accomplish one or perhaps even two signature pieces of legislation while President since he will not be limited to just four years and can run again for a second term if elected.  Unlike Trump, who is a lame duck president if he wins since a President can only serve two terms. I also think that DeSantis has a better chance of getting something done in the Congress than Trump, because unlike Trump the Congress has not impeached him multiple times and he does not have a purely adversarial relationship with them.

Primarily, I think it's time to turn the page in this Republic's story and close out the Boomer Chapter.  Boomers have had over 30+ years and I think it's extremely clear that the Republic is far worse off than it was when they took over.  I'll concede that there are number of factors that go into that, but at the end of the day these negative changes have occurred under Boomer leadership.  It's time for the next generation to step up.  In short, you did your best Pa Pa, go rest now Gen X has it from here.  

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I know you Florida guys love him and it seems others do to so why isn't he leading in the polls?
View Quote
Because Trump has them addicted to his bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I assume that’s a response to me. And 2020 directly contradicts your assertion. People turned out in droves to vote against Trump, not for Biden. Democrats turned out in 2018 to vote against republicans as they saw them as an extension of Trump.

Is your position the house republicans were so disliked in their own districts as to lose 41seats in 2018 and Trump didn’t motivate them whatsoever?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone who voted "just another RINO" is a fucking moron with zero critical thinking skills who mindlessly parrots whatever Trump tells them to believe.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmM7sDPVoAA-lZK.jpg:large
View Quote

That's a good graphic, because Trump is so geriatric it's probably only a matter of time before he needs a CPAP machine just like Biden is apparently using right now.

Enough with the geriatrics folks.

If a man in his late 70's or 80's was going to save America, he would have done so long ago.  

Boomers have had the presidency since Clinton in 1992 and their time to be in charge has come and gone.  We need leaders who are in their cognitive and professional prime.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As opposed to an anti-2a NY liberal populist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A RINO wrapped in a populist, culture warrior hologram.

The question wasn't as opposed to anyone. It is my opinion based on what I see, hear and read based on the circles he runs in, who he serves and who runs and advises his campaign.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your boy, who he is responding to, just did the same thing.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The question wasn't as opposed to anyone. It is my opinion based on what I see, hear and read based on the circles he runs in, who he serves and who runs and advises his campaign.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He isn’t a RINO, he is GOPe now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Come on. I don’t buy that bullshit for 2 seconds and neither do you really.

You can say what you want but if it’s one thing I know Trump supporters TRUST him. Maybe it’s unfounded, maybe it’s misplaced, maybe it’s stupid, I don’t know but I do know this.

Where I’m at I saw people that never voted before, people that hadn’t voted since Reagen and others registered to vote for Trump. I know that, I helped them and heard their stories. They TRUST the guy, for all his bullshit, all his mistakes, all the imperfections, all the crap they TRUST him.

And here’s the fact. They will never trust DeSantis and they won’t lift a finger to vote for him. To them he’s just another RINO republican shill.

That’s just the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know you Florida guys love him and it seems others do to so why isn’t he leading in the polls?
View Quote

Living Colour - Cult Of Personality (Official Video)
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like when Trump told voters in Georgia's 2021 run-off-elections for the Senate to stay home since the system was rigged? Republicans then sure stayed home and that gave the Democrats TWO FUCKING SEATS.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I like him.

However right now I'm leaning more towards Vivek
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:58:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You can say what you want but if it’s one thing I know Trump supporters TRUST him. Maybe it’s unfounded, maybe it’s misplaced, maybe it’s stupid, I don’t know but I do know this.

Where I’m at I saw people that never voted before, people that hadn’t voted since Reagen and others registered to vote for Trump. I know that, I helped them and heard their stories. They TRUST the guy, for all his bullshit, all his mistakes, all the imperfections, all the crap they TRUST him.

And here’s the fact. They will never trust DeSantis and they won’t lift a finger to vote for him. To them he’s just another RINO republican shill.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying you’re wrong, but I know people you describe in your third paragraph that did the same to vote AGAINST Trump in 2020.  He is certainly a polarizing figure and motivated people to vote who ordinarily would not have. The question is which side does he motivate more?
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like him.

View Quote

Listen to his podcast with Mike Rowe (Ep. 308). I listened today, which is the first time I really sat and listened to him. He makes sense, seems to be principled, is going even to black neighborhoods and LISTENING to the voters (Not too many Conservatives do this), and I see good things for him if not now, in the future.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Like when Trump told voters in Georgia's 2021 run-off-elections for the Senate to stay home since the system was rigged? Republicans then sure stayed home and that gave the Democrats TWO FUCKING SEATS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apathy is not a word I would use to describe voters when it comes to Trump. He does a good job motivating democrats to the polls.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right. I even thought that after I posted it but I didn't want to edit after I was quoted.

To be clear though I will still vote for the guy if he gets the nomination.  

Also though, it is intriguing to me how most of the Desantis supporters/believers are tearing down the support structure Desantis would need to win the general by being so pissy about how Trump, and the massive grass roots support he garners, is absolutely stomping a mud hole in his bid.

It's absolutely counterproductive to attack Trump supporters as brainwashed idiots when Desantis would need everyone of them for a chance to win. If Desantis has the better ideas, platform,  policies,  surely he will pull ahead and win.

Case and point Vivek. I put him as my first choice if I thought he had a chance. There is no cult of Trump holding back DeSantis.  DeSantis has GOPe stink on him and we are smelling it IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why the fuck you asking our opinion without throwing your own??
This thread wreaks of shareblue or whatever the fuck they call themselves these days.
View Quote

Yep, shit thread from a shit poster.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, Trump supporters TRUST him. With the 2A. After his anti-2A actions.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:27:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I have been told that he is literally Hitler.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I like him.

View Quote

I like Vivek's positions. But if he was to become POTUS, the deep state would run rings around him for 4 years.  Mr. Smith Goes To Washington was a fantasy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Not saying you’re wrong, but I know people you describe in your third paragraph that did the same to vote AGAINST Trump in 2020.  He is certainly a polarizing figure and motivated people to vote who ordinarily would not have. The question is which side does he motivate more?
View Quote

I saw them too. Saw the same thing for FBHO. The difference was the ones voting against him in 2020 were hate motivated. The ones voting for FBHO in 09 and 12 thought he was going to pay their rent and remodel the kitchen. The ones voting for Trump were excited to vote to support him and help the country.

Different things.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/thefbomb-182.gif
View Quote

Where did I say anything about 2A stuff?

A lot of the people I registered and spoke to couldn’t tell you one end of a gun from the other.

It may come as a shock but not all people vote according to 2A issues.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#38]
I just to like DeSantis, not any more, he is some one who needs to become smart for the rrest of the country, he feels that been mean is the way, not for him.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You're right. I even thought that after I posted it but I didn't want to edit after I was quoted.

Also though, it is intriguing to me how most of the Desantis supporters/believers are tearing down the support structure Desantis would need to win the general by being so pissy about how Trump, and the massive grass roots support he garners, is absolutely stomping a mud hole in his bid.

It's absolutely counterproductive to attack Trump supporters as brainwashed idiots when Desantis would need everyone of them for a chance to win. If Desantis has the better ideas, platform,  policies,  surely he will pull ahead and win.

Case in point Vivek. I put him as my first choice if I thought he had a chance. There is no cult of Trump holding back DeSantis.  DeSantis has GOPe stink on him and we are smelling it IMO.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

A lot of the people I registered and spoke to couldn’t tell you one end of a gun from the other.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said, "They TRUST the guy, for all his bullshit"

I was simply agreeing with you and providing an example of his bullshit.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I like him but would never suck his nuts, some people like to suck politicians' nuts.

No one person is going to change the direction of this country, but the right leader might help to a small extent .
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:54:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same polls that said it was Hillarys turn.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You said, "They TRUST the guy, for all his bullshit"

I was simply agreeing with you and providing an example of his bullshit.
View Quote

Agreed. What I’m saying is all people don’t care about 2A things no matter how much we would like them to. And they don’t vote on it either.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same polls that said it was Hillarys turn.
View Quote

You’re comparing this to Hillary?
Man, that’s REALLY reaching.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I saw them too. Saw the same thing for FBHO. The difference was the ones voting against him in 2020 were hate motivated. The ones voting for FBHO in 09 and 12 thought he was going to pay their rent and remodel the kitchen. The ones voting for Trump were excited to vote to support him and help the country.

Different things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying you're wrong, but I know people you describe in your third paragraph that did the same to vote AGAINST Trump in 2020.  He is certainly a polarizing figure and motivated people to vote who ordinarily would not have. The question is which side does he motivate more?

Different things.
Same shit.... people voted for Trump and Obama for their own selfish reasons. Most of it was more money in their pockets. In the end, both have a cult personality and it is creepy as fuck.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A lot of the people I registered and spoke to couldn't tell you one end of a gun from the other.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of the people I registered and spoke to couldn't tell you one end of a gun from the other.

Most people vote for their pocket books.

Obama voters voted for free shit, Trump voters voted for free shit. The difference was the manner that free shit was handed out. One was through direct government welfare and the other was through crony capitalism and artificial inflation of the stock market. Both got what they wanted, more money.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Florida Man thread.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Case and point Vivek. I put him as my first choice if I thought he had a chance. There is no cult of Trump holding back DeSantis.  DeSantis has GOPe stink on him and we are smelling it IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He isn't a RINO, he is GOPe now.

@TLD05, if you actually knew FL politics. You'd know that the GOPe hates DeSantis. He wasn't their choice. Adam Putnam was their guy for Governor. The same GOPe that Trump has fully backed. Guys like Wilton Simpson, who pushed the Parkland Gun Control bill were endorsed by Trump. Simpson was a Putnam backer in the RPOF. DeSantis fucked that all up.

The truth is, on the state level, all the GOPe folks are Trump folks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s fine. And perhaps they get their wish and trump is the nominee. But we should not have to hear a word from that point forward ever again about stolen election or any other nonsense though. If trump is the guy the right puts up he will lose, again. Maybe that’s what his voters really want so they can spend another 4 years playing the victim without having to put down the bus light and get off the couch. My life won’t change in any tangible way with trump or Biden’s corpse in the WH so I’m caring less and less. My gun collection certainly doesnt care……gun control passed by a Republican is equal to that passed by a democrat. I’m not going to comply with either so if you all want to watch another 4 years of pants shitter and his gender confused cabinet go for it. Make no mistake though, trump will get crushed in the primary. Hopefully you will be able to help fund his retirement with stop the steal 2.0
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Appears to be a decent governor for his state and that's the only positive opinion I have of him right now.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top