Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's painful to read this thread. The vast majority have no idea what the OP is talking about.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:02:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think that there has been a white man who hasn't parted his hair between the invention of The Comb and the rise of NKOTB.
View Quote
NKOTB reference! ...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out where the haircut on the left came from.

I mean zero disrespect to Karl, and I remember sporting something similar, though not combed to one side and far longer in the 90s (yay Jason Newstead look), and I've actually seen it once in real life, on a russian, or at least eastern bloc european, dude.
View Quote
My buddy's mom looked exactly like Newstead's picture in the ...AJFO booklet. Not flattering for either of them...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can't post something like that without pics
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
You can't post something like that without pics
How about video?

Brooklyn Ball Barbers - Mini-Mocks
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

.....at the 7/11 at 1 in the morning when I'm in there buying condoms and spearmint gum.
View Quote
What is your profession?
Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe this is what OP is talking about, and it has exactly nothing to do with parting your hair with a comb, a la Clark Gable

It’s unadulterated faggotry and it needs to end
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hipsters that spend way too much time and effort on their hair.
View Quote
They usually have cartoonishly perfect facial hair as well.

No straight man puts that much time and energy into hair care.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#11]
For the reading impaired, here’s a video illustrating the technique of a “hard” part using a trimmer.

Start at 5:50

How to Make a Hard Part - TheSalonGuy
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, fun to pick on the hipsters and millennials, but this goes back way, way farther than the current day.

Always been men who were freakishly vain about their hair and their clothes, in every age and every culture. And they weren't all gay.

If George Washington or John Hancock joined this board today and posted their pictures, you guys would lynch them.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Talking.mud_.with_.Ian_.and_.Karl_.from_.InRangeTV.VIDEO_.jpg

I mean zero disrespect to Karl, and I remember sporting something similar, though not combed to one side and far longer in the 90s (yay Jason Newstead look), and I've actually seen it once in real life, on a russian, or at least eastern bloc european, dude.
View Quote
Popular in Germany during the 40s.  Popular in the US during the 80s and 90s(think young John Conner in T2). And fairly popular now. My oldest boy (8) has the same haircut.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Talking.mud_.with_.Ian_.and_.Karl_.from_.InRangeTV.VIDEO_.jpg

View Quote
It's just a shitty undercut
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#15]
God forbid men give a damn what they look like...next thing you now, they will stop wearing cargo shorts and white New Balances, and polos on "fancy day." Grooming is for pussies.

Edit; Yes, I know exactly what a hard part is, and I think it looks sharp when done right. If I had hair, I would probably give it a go...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#17]
The question was: "When did white guys start cutting parts in their hair?"

The answer is: For as long as guys have been sucking each others dicks.  And by the same guys.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's painful to read this thread. The vast majority have no idea what the OP is talking about.
View Quote
???
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I actually dig that style because he clearly has a receded hairline but it looks kinda  unique and works.

If you're 30 or older, you don't always get the luxury of choosing pretty boy hair styles.

inb4 some fagatron says they're 65 and have perfect hair.
View Quote
I think 90% of the responses in this thread are boomers with little to no hair left hating on those that do...

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is painful indeed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not quite as dumb as white people dreadlocks but getting there, agreed. I bet it goes well with the Vanilla Ice lines shaved into your eyebrows.

I saw this on Parks and Rec but maybe it's just "peacocking" ... Doing something out of the norm to be noticed by the opposite (but in this case I think same) sex. Problem is most people lack originality so they copy what they see.
View Quote
White people dreadlocks serve the same function as brightly colored bugs: nature’s warning sign to stay away. It’s not that they’re venomous but rather the stench from them may be fatal.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#22]
There's a whole lot of "I've been cutting my hair this way since 1965, and you should too unless you're a fag!" wharbblgarrbbll in this thread.

I just think it'd be nice to have hair.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Boomer thread
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I think 90% of the responses in this thread are boomers with little to no hair left hating on those that do...
View Quote
Probably not boomers...but yeah. The very same folks who admire rebellion, but only as long as everyone looks the same while they do it. The official uniform is Khaki cargo shorts, white sneakers, ankle socks, some form of black t-shirt, probably with either a gun, or a Ford Mustang on it. Grooming standards consist of thin, combed hair, or buzzed if receding. Goatee acceptable, Kenny Rogers style beard with express permission.

Absolutely no tattoos, long hair, beards outside of accepted Kenny Rogers mandate, piercings, or non standard haircuts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:50:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Beat by minutes but I listened to Firth of Fifth before posting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Beat by minutes but I listened to Firth of Fifth before posting.
Ten minute song . . .
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 9:52:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Undercut with a hard part is what it's called.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There's a whole lot of "I've been cutting my hair this way since 1965, and you should too unless you're a fag!" wharbblgarrbbll in this thread.

I just think it'd be nice to have hair.
View Quote
Hey, I've been cutting my hair this way since 1965, and you should too unless you're a fag!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I cut an arrowhead in my pubes.
View Quote
Jeez, dude, are the women you date so stupid they need directions to your junk?

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I get a fade with a hard part and my hair combed to the side and it looks good. My wife loves it and doesn't want me to stop getting it cut like that.

I'm not a hipster and will never be mistaken for one. Just your average 45 yo man. Dont't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

It's funny to read all the criteria that GD has to look like a "real" man.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get a fade with a hard part and my hair combed to the side and it looks good. My wife loves it and doesn't want me to stop getting it cut like that.

I'm not a hipster and will never be mistaken for one. Just your average 45 yo man. Dont't give a fuck what anyone thinks.

View Quote
Most of us are just jealous of having enough hair to do something at all...

However, a 'hard part' seems like a bad idea in that it would go away FAST.  Do you constantly have to update it?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Howdy Doody approves.

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
CUT a part in his hair. Go back and try again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think that there has been a white man who hasn't parted his hair between the invention of The Comb and the rise of NKOTB.
CUT a part in his hair. Go back and try again.
No, pretty sure at times a straight razor is (or was) used to more sharply define the part.  Now, stupid designs, that's a whole other thing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#34]
It’s called a hard part OP

Classic barber shops have done them for years.

Makes a mans haircut look sharper and cleaner longer.

My barber cuts mine in with a straight razor and cream. I won’t leave the chair without it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#36]
The real question is when did guys start giving a fuk how other guys cut their hair?  Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
Couldn’t take that character seriously after the first time he took of his hat.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw a dude a couple days ago with a similar cut - shaved all the way up the side and then the top combed across - but the same style continued all the way down the back, to a point at his neck.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Couldn't take that character seriously after the first time he took of his hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Couldn't take that character seriously after the first time he took of his hat.
Which was kinda the point.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:21:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I believe this is what OP is talking about, and it has exactly nothing to do with parting your hair with a comb, a la Clark Gable

https://haircutinspiration.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Slick-Swept-Zero-Fade.jpg

It's unadulterated faggotry and it needs to end
View Quote
Geez that looks terrible
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most of us are just jealous of having enough hair to do something at all...

However, a 'hard part' seems like a bad idea in that it would go away FAST.  Do you constantly have to update it?
View Quote
I was getting it done for a few years. Looks great if updated weekly by a really good barber. Skip a week and it looks shitty as you can see the 1/4” hairs. And it needs to be done with either a straight razor or precise clippers so that the hard part is very thin. Otherwise the hard part is cut too wide and looks shitty. Also less competent barbers will cut it ever so slightly wider each week so after 5-6 weeks it’s too wide. The main trick is to make it look like you don’t have a cut in hard part.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
people have been doing strange things for 40k years or more. Not much is new.
View Quote
pretty much this...next thing you know we'll go medieval on shoes
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:00:46 PM EDT
[#44]
That's pretty gay.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I low-key crush on Ben Abbot and he has a hard part.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Ain’t Freedom cool!

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
To be a real man you have to wear cargo shorts, New Balance sneakers, Duluth Trading pants, can't care what you look like, and oh all our grandfathers and great grandfathers were clearly fags lol.

Parted Fades and even hard parts (which simply makes it easier to part hair or a more defined part) use to be the most common haircut, especially in the 20's to 50's.  Pretty much literally everyone had one. This thread is retarded.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Growing up only black guys cut parts or lines in their hair. What's going on? Gay, wannabe, geeky hipster? It's almost as stupid as white people dreads.
View Quote
Since the 20's it's been a style for white people.  Read a book you flacid cucumber, you're making us all look bad
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You too!

Wow, small world.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
To be a real man you have to wear cargo shorts, New Balance sneakers, Duluth Trading pants, can't care what you look like, and oh all our grandfathers and great grandfathers were clearly fags lol.

Parted Fades and even hard parts (which simply makes it easier to part hair or a more defined part) use to be the most common haircut, especially in the 20's to 50's.  Pretty much literally everyone had one. This thread is retarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They all wore fedoras, or equally gay hats.  So there's that.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top