Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Excellent OP-Thanks for posting.

Spread it around People!!

ETA: Set to Hans Zimmer music(for movie Inception)
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can be proud of someone else for their accomplishments.  Or proud of myself for my accomplishments.  But I cannot be proud of myself for someone else’s accomplishments.  See the difference?

In the same way, I am not ashamed of myself for someone else’s sins (which is what I take to be one message from the video).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When it comes to my "whiteness," I feel more lucky than proud. It's a fun club to be member of.

This but with equal feelings of proudness.

I dunno, how can someone be “proud” to be black, white, tall, handsome, American, British, etc?

For me, pride is attached to personal accomplishments.  I’m grateful to born a certain way and in a certain country, but I’m proud of things I personally accomplish and do.  

I always think that those who claim to be proud of things they haven’t personally accomplished must not have ever accomplished much.

Have you never had a sibling or close family member accomplish something great? Were you not proud of them?

Have you not watched a friend or coworker achieve something great? Did you not experience feelings of proudness?

Have you ever only been a small contributor to a much larger project that succeeded? Did feelings of pride not rush to you?

If anything, the inability to feel pride is just a downstream consequence of the individualism that liberalism creates. It severs you from the world, from the people around you.

The experience of pride, is not dissimilar to the feeling of reverence. It’s recognizing an objective standard, it’s an acknowledgment that aesthetics are true, that beauty is real, and that these things should be held in high regard.

One of the closest synonyms to Pride is Self-Esteem. If you cannot feel pride in those around you, it’s a sign that you do not hold your society/community in high esteem, and is indicative of a fallen society.

I can be proud of someone else for their accomplishments.  Or proud of myself for my accomplishments.  But I cannot be proud of myself for someone else’s accomplishments.  See the difference?

In the same way, I am not ashamed of myself for someone else’s sins (which is what I take to be one message from the video).

You’re constraining the definition too tightly.

Break down the meaning of the word and how we use it.

Pride is almost a feeling of something higher, whether it’s self worth as an individual, or a metaphysical description of being in an elated or heightened state.

Proud, or the state of experiencing pride, again refers to a state of satisfaction or deep pleasure.

The anthesis of pride is Shame, or being Ashamed.

Often, this makes the use of the word Proud as a preemption to indicate there is no shame, typically in environments with normatively loaded words or phrases.

As in:
“I’m proud of my upbringing” - I am not ashamed of where I came from

This can be extended to anything involving race, groups, etc.

The appreciation or elation is inherent, and one doesn’t have to be personally responsible to have those feelings.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad I grew up in a white neighborhood- not because of my race, but because of my culture.  Plenty of black and Asian kids there who all benefited the same as me.

Individualism
Hard work
Personal responsibility
Freedom
Christian values
The American Dream - it isn't white people, it's culture.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I dunno, how can someone be “proud” to be black, white, tall, handsome, American, British, etc?

For me, pride is attached to personal accomplishments.  I’m grateful to born a certain way and in a certain country, but I’m proud of things I personally accomplish and do.  

I always think that those who claim to be proud of things they haven’t personally accomplished must not have ever accomplished much.
View Quote

I agree
I’m certainly not ashamed of being white
but to say I’m ‘proud’ of it? I guess? Not really?
As you said, I’m more ‘grateful’ for what I am (and have) more than anything
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pride is almost a feeling of something higher, whether it’s self worth as an individual, or a metaphysical description of being in an elated or heightened state.

Proud, or the state of experiencing pride, again refers to a state of satisfaction or deep pleasure.

Often, this makes the use of the word Proud as a preemption to indicate there is no shame, typically in environments with normatively loaded words or phrases.

As in:

The appreciation or elation is inherent, and one doesn’t have to be personally responsible to have those feelings.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
When it comes to my "whiteness," I feel more lucky than proud. It's a fun club to be member of.

Have you never had a sibling or close family member accomplish something great? Were you not proud of them?

Have you not watched a friend or coworker achieve something great? Did you not experience feelings of proudness?

Have you ever only been a small contributor to a much larger project that succeeded? Did feelings of pride not rush to you?

If anything, the inability to feel pride is just a downstream consequence of the individualism that liberalism creates. It severs you from the world, from the people around you.

The experience of pride, is not dissimilar to the feeling of reverence. It’s recognizing an objective standard, it’s an acknowledgment that aesthetics are true, that beauty is real, and that these things should be held in high regard.

One of the closest synonyms to Pride is Self-Esteem. If you cannot feel pride in those around you, it’s a sign that you do not hold your society/community in high esteem, and is indicative of a fallen society.

As in:

If we accept your premise, then we must also accept the premise “being ashamed to be white”.  You cannot take credit for someone else’s accomplishments without also taking credit for their wrong doings.  And I reject this thinking.

Both from those who would have us be proud of something we had no say in or influence over, or ashamed of something we had no say in or influence over.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]

lol. Saved.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If we accept your premise, then we must also accept the premise “being ashamed to be white”.  You cannot take credit for someone else’s accomplishments without also taking credit for their wrong doings.  And I reject this thinking.

Both from those who would have us be proud of something we had no say in or influence over, or ashamed of something we had no say in or influence over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As in:

But that’s the point.

Think back to the analogy used in the above post:
“I’m proud of my upbringing”.

That doesn’t mean your upbringing was perfect. That doesn’t mean your parents did a good job all the time.

The statement is inherently a value judgement; or “Despite all the flaws and imperfections made along the way, I believe that it was a net positive in spite of that, and I choose to express that in the way I refer to it.” It’s a form of acceptance, rather than a form of resentment.

You’re over there in the liberal world of black and white thinking. Come home.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
IBTL

16 warnings
2 24hr account locks
1 permanent ban.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread lacks diversity, equality, and inclusion.  

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  That goes for the meme too
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hadn’t really considered it before today.

But the statements “I’m proud to be white” and “I’m ashamed to be white” are effectively just two sides of the same coin.

Noting that accepting these statements leads to things like reparations and affirmative action, particularly the latter one.  So I wouldn’t say that rejecting them is in any way liberal (since liberals seem to espouse things like reparations and affirmative action).

To be fair, it has nothing to do with “white” and the statements “I’m proud to be black” or “I’m ashamed to be black” are the same.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s not a bad video, but the whole premise is a strawman.  I don’t personally know a single person who is ashamed to be white.  Sure, I can find some weirdo online who is, but I can find anything online. I can find people who implant whiskers and tails and reshape their ears to become cats.  Doesn’t mean it’s widespread.
View Quote

Fuckers are everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:23:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fuckers are everywhere.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It’s not a bad video, but the whole premise is a strawman.  I don’t personally know a single person who is ashamed to be white.  Sure, I can find some weirdo online who is, but I can find anything online. I can find people who implant whiskers and tails and reshape their ears to become cats.  Doesn’t mean it’s widespread.

Fuckers are everywhere.

Do you run into them in AZ?

That honestly surprises me.

That is disheartening.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But the statements “I’m proud to be white” and “I’m ashamed to be white” are effectively just two sides of the same coin.

Noting that accepting these statements leads to things like reparations and affirmative action, particularly the latter one.  So I wouldn’t say that rejecting them is in any way liberal (since liberals seem to espouse things like reparations and affirmative action).

To be fair, it has nothing to do with “white” and the statements “I’m proud to be black” or “I’m ashamed to be black” are the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t mean Black vs White as in race. Meant binary, no gradation, it’s only a 1 or a 0 no other choice.

Let me put it another way:
If I say I’m proud to be a gun owner and second amenedment supporter, you wouldn’t also so I have to take responsibility for mass shooters and other people who perpetuate gun violence, would you?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m happy to be born with the skin I’m in. Black
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I didn’t mean Black vs White as in race. Meant binary, no gradation, it’s only a 1 or a 0 no other choice.

If I say I’m proud to be a gun owner and second amenedment supporter, you wouldn’t also so I have to take responsibility for mass shooters and other people who perpetuate gun violence, would you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if we are talking past each other.

I am proud of actions I’ve personally taken to help secure the 2nd amendment.

But I don’t take credit for actions you’ve taken.  Nor would I take responsibility for someone else being a mass shooter.  So I don’t take credit for anyone else’s good or bad, unless of course I’ve had a hand in making them good or bad.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's not a bad video, but the whole premise is a strawman.  I don't personally know a single person who is ashamed to be white.  Sure, I can find some weirdo online who is, but I can find anything online. I can find people who implant whiskers and tails and reshape their ears to become cats.  Doesn't mean it's widespread.
View Quote
The whole point is sailing over your head then, because it's not a strawman. Simply because you anecdotally and personally know no one who feels that way doesn't even mean it isn't widespread in other parts of the nation;  it's literally being taught in many colleges and universities all over the country - from Critical Race Theory, aka ESL - Emotional Social Learning, to the 1619 project. The "abolish whiteness" movement is quite real.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The whole point is sailing over your head then, because it's not a strawman. Simply because you anecdotally and personally know no one who feels that way doesn't even mean it isn't widespread in other parts of the nation;  it's literally being taught in many colleges and universities all over the country - from Critical Race Theory, aka ESL - Emotional Social Learning, to the 1619 project. The "abolish whiteness" movement is quite real.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not a bad video, but the whole premise is a strawman.  I don't personally know a single person who is ashamed to be white.  Sure, I can find some weirdo online who is, but I can find anything online. I can find people who implant whiskers and tails and reshape their ears to become cats.  Doesn't mean it's widespread.

Is it something you’ve witnessed?  Or only read about?

I’m not discrediting your direct experience.  You may well see it all of the time.

But many things we read about online are extreme positions held by a very small minority of people that are exaggerated for obvious reasons.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I even have a white dog.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

While it is an interesting line of questioning, the guy you’re arguing with isn’t going to get your point.

I’ve been here long enough to realize:

1) he’s a total black and white thinker, binary - unable to see nuance, especially when it comes to human interaction and social situations.  I asked him, honestly interested in his response, if he was legitimately autistic.  He didn’t deny it.  It would explain a lot of his reasoning.

2) he’s the smartest guy in the room.  Just ask him.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While it is an interesting line of questioning, the guy you’re arguing with isn’t going to get your point.

1) he’s a total black and white thinker, binary - unable to see nuance, especially when it comes to human interaction and social situations.  I asked him, honestly interested in his response, if he was legitimately autistic.  He didn’t deny it.  It would explain a lot of his reasoning.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meant kindly, you’ve only been here for 6 months.  I don’t believe I’ve had any big arguments with anyone over the last 6 months.  And probably not for a couple of years, as I don’t find them productive.   I may have once been ignorant enough to believe I could change someone else’s mind online, but have long since given up on that.  Now I just consider this place an interesting place to exchange ideas and shoot the shit, an online barstool.  When I find myself typing out something particularly contentious I make a deliberate effort to delete it before hitting submit as the juice is just not worth the squeeze.

So I don’t really recall what I’ve done in that time period to piss you off.  

But apologies for having done so.

Link Posted: 7/1/2023 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Can you even say that on this site anymore???
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Nothing wrong with being white. Shit, some of the greatest things in human history came from whites. People of all races have contributed towards good and evil, though some more than others. Nobody should be taught to be ashamed of their race.  Such things lead to self-destructive behavior and apathy towards ones own well-being. It’s that fifth generation warfare and demoralization shit. Be PROUD of who you are. It instills fear in the hearts of tyrants…
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Yep, we are pretty damn awesome.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#26]
We are.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 1:32:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Polar Bears Lives Matter
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Vanilla
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:41:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Lil Dicky - White Dude (Official Video)
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:41:34 AM EDT
[#30]
holy shit, you guys do know that several online supervisors are convinced that there are more Hitlers than Progressives in GD... this is basically like strobing known epileptics
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Yes we are!
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#32]
There was a story earlier about the King of the Netherlands "apologizing" for his country's part in the slave trade. Ok that's great he did that I guess. But what we never hear about, is that it was Arab Muslims who started the practice of viewing Black Africans as a slave race to begin with, they were doing slave raids as early as 600AD and they didn't stop until the British Empire forced them to in the late 1800s. More Black Africans were taken as slaves by them than by Europeans...and Europeans, specifically the Spanish and Portuguese, only knew of this trade because they were under Arab Muslim rule, and so they used them as labor when Columbus discovered the Americas. From the Spanish and Portuguese it spread to the English, French, and the Dutch [The Netherlands].

Point being - when is the King of Morocco [a MAJOR slave destination that the British forced to stop slavery], and the King and Prince of Saudi Arabia [another MAJOR destination], King of Jordan [another], and various other Arab leaders going to apologize? There is zero pressure on them to do so for some reason. It's only on White people.

The closest to this is the now dead Gaddafi of Libya, who did it on his own and apologized and said it was only "some" and "wealthy" Arabs who did it - which is also true of White slave owners, but all Whites are attempted to be blamed by the woke left despite that.

Watch Gaddafi's Apology on Behalf of All Arabs for their Role in the Slave Trade
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:08:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Yeah sooooo.... I guess whites are pretty great!  Just not the Jewish ones....

Was it made by 88er Productions or Stormfront Videos?  Do they have a news letter?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:16:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t doubt you, I’ve never lived in a place like that.  But have lived in several other cities and known plenty of liberals.  

View Quote

They sure did rub off on you.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Was it made by 88er Productions or Stormfront Videos?  Do they have a news letter?
View Quote

What gave you that Idea?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 3:48:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t doubt you, I’ve never lived in a place like that.  But have lived in several other cities and known plenty of liberals.  

Dec 2022 is not my month I guess
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:53:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I am ashamed of my white skin!
Does anyone know how Robert Downey Jr. darkened his skin for Tropic Thunder?
View Quote

Valmorification, obviously. There's a documentary about this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Huh, I thought it was supposed to be a coffee colored race of all the human features blended together?

In any case it won't happen. There are many reasons for the human race to diverge into wildly different forms than what we have now.

Just as a for instance, would a Guild Navigator from the Dune Universe be considered human even though they started out as a human?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One day when the human race finally is surrendered into the Luciferian NWO
There will only be one color of peon and body type...the correct phenotype will be the expression of Chinese genes.
The elite of course and their people toys will retain various skin colors.

Huh, I thought it was supposed to be a coffee colored race of all the human features blended together?

In any case it won't happen. There are many reasons for the human race to diverge into wildly different forms than what we have now.

Just as a for instance, would a Guild Navigator from the Dune Universe be considered human even though they started out as a human?

He's referring to the plan that certain people have to drastically reduce the size of the human population. They say the bulk of the remainder should be Chinese as they're well conditioned to obey authority.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 4:55:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm pink.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are not white, our skin color is light or pale tan.

I'm pink.

We're all pink on the inside.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 6:53:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There was a story earlier about the King of the Netherlands "apologizing" for his country's part in the slave trade. Ok that's great he did that I guess. But what we never hear about, is that it was Arab Muslims who started the practice of viewing Black Africans as a slave race to begin with, they were doing slave raids as early as 600AD and they didn't stop until the British Empire forced them to in the late 1800s. More Black Africans were taken as slaves by them than by Europeans...and Europeans, specifically the Spanish and Portuguese, only knew of this trade because they were under Arab Muslim rule, and so they used them as labor when Columbus discovered the Americas. From the Spanish and Portuguese it spread to the English, French, and the Dutch [The Netherlands].

Point being - when is the King of Morocco [a MAJOR slave destination that the British forced to stop slavery], and the King and Prince of Saudi Arabia [another MAJOR destination], King of Jordan [another], and various other Arab leaders going to apologize? There is zero pressure on them to do so for some reason. It's only on White people.

The closest to this is the now dead Gaddafi of Libya, who did it on his own and apologized and said it was only "some" and "wealthy" Arabs who did it - which is also true of White slave owners, but all Whites are attempted to be blamed by the woke left despite that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrOfNx63nM
View Quote

Don't also forget that approximately 1 million Europeans were kidnapped into slavery during the middle ages by Muslim raiders. Whole towns in England disappeared.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have been indoctrinated well.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:25:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm glad I grew up in a white neighborhood- not because of my race, but because of my culture.
View Quote
I often hear "politics is downstream of culture". What is culture downstream of?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#44]
I did the dna thing and I am 100% white man LOL. Mostly northern Europe, Norwegian, Wales, Scot, and the latest update has Russian origins now.

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#45]
My Gf wouldn't let me buy this shirt

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
All of humanity would be living in shit shacks if not for white people. Your best hope for a civilized society would be the Asians, and it took a nuke to get them to play nice.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:37:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#48]
White people are the reason we’ve managed to leave this planet, have electricity and all the modern conveniences we enjoy.  And now others are tearing it all down.  It was nice while it lasted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCrOfNx63nM
View Quote

The video is a hoax. We all know that only American Southern white Christian conservative males have ever owned slaves and been racist. Anything else simply isn’t possible!

ETA: also in before the nuke.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#50]
I’m surprised this isn’t locked for coded racism
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top