Page / 762
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BB868:

Did you watch the slime diaries ?

ETA-and all the OVA's ?
View Quote

I really enjoyed Slime Diaries…. I hope that concept gets used in more shows having a little slice of life version running in between seasons is nice
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

So you're attempting to brag about being some sort of anime hipster?

Weird flex, but okay...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Of the 27 show's I'm watching/watched this current season, 13 have never been mentioned, with about another 6 mentioned once or in passing...

Weird flex, but okay...

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

I really enjoyed Slime Diaries…. I hope that concept gets used in more shows having a little slice of life version running in between seasons is nice
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Started getting adds on my paid Funimation. All super short funi now on Crunchyroll adds.

Still not what I paid for
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 5:10:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
The jp & en girl collabs are the cutest.

View Quote
It was funny (even moreso when Gura made them describe eating fish cum), but I do think Ina should probably be a staple going forward, or at least someone more fluent than calli in Japanese. Conceptually it's a good idea, but my concern is that the JP members might get less on board if they start laughing at their mispronunciations without a fluent JP liaison there to quickly explain the joke and why it's all in good fun. Laplus clearly started to get uncomfortable toward the end, and honestly this is one of the better stream ideas anybody in HL has had so far, so I'd hate to see it discontinued, especially because I know calli wouldn't intentionally want to make someone feel shitty. I think HL is long overdo for having dedicated language liaisons on standby, and still don't know why they haven't hired any yet. Just having a couple would make cross branch streams fully viable.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Probably just overwhelmed. Calli is also an awkward as fuck person. She doesn't socialize well at all.
View Quote

I have mixed feelings on that. I do think when she tries, she's actually pretty good at fostering conversation. She's also a natural introvert with at least ADHD, if not autism, but she did take the feedback she's gotten from prior collabs and I think she generally can do well if she makes a conscious effort, but you tack the language barrier onto that, and it becomes iffy, which she herself has said was her biggest hiccup to doing this, but eventually figured she'd try it anyway. She's at least taking initiative here, and the only other person doing that is Kiara, and holotalk isn't as successful as it could because there aren't live translators, which again, keep a couple of people on standby, and that issue is resolved. The first stream with Marine and Rui was fine, because they both have relatively bombastic personalities and were both better at English. I knew La+ wasn't nearly as proficient at English, and was hoping that she wouldn't start shutting down in frustration over it, but that did, at least seem to, happen to an extent in the latter half.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Slime Movie

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFO0mrAwEbM

View Quote

I had that on last night while I was laying on my couch playing legends acrceus …. That got my attention immediately for a second I thought she might of been trying to say “I like us”  I didn’t hear earth at all lol
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Of the 27 show's I'm watching/watched this current season, 13 have never been mentioned, with about another 6 mentioned once or in passing...

Weird flex, but okay...

https://drizzleandhurricanebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/impressed-melissa-joey.gif

If you are watching good Anime that no one else is talking about, maybe you should share with the rest of the class.

That way we can watch and then agree....or more likely tell you why you are wrong and why.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I am three episodes in to Arcane and would like to thank those of you who recommended it.

It is already in my top 10, I expect it to break the top 5 by the time I finish.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#17]
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:

If you are watching good Anime that no one else is talking about, maybe you should share with the rest of the class.

That way we can watch and then agree....or more likely tell you why you are wrong and why.
View All Quotes

Weird flex, but okay...

https://drizzleandhurricanebooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/impressed-melissa-joey.gif

I totally agree (Haganai, for example).  However, if he shared with the class then he wouldn't be able to pretentiously brag about it later.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I am three episodes in to Arcane and would like to thank those of you who recommended it.

It is already in my top 10, I expect it to break the top 5 by the time I finish.
View Quote

You are most welcome.  It is the best show (of any kind) I've seen since Breaking Bad ended.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:40:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Weird flex, but okay...

View All Quotes

Weird flex, but okay...

From the guy that wants to pirate his show's.......

I got rid of cable and I sub to (or did) to the big three anime services, and have Disney+ and youtube, that's it, so anime is my number one (and kinda only) source of entertainment, and I enjoy a large variety of subject matter, it's not that hard to do, and I stand firm on the fact that this thread is on the weak side for just discussing the same old show's or only 5 current/new show's.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Yeah, I'm not reading all that.  I'll just assume you graciously accepted the apology for you taking it the wrong way and amicably move on.
View All Quotes
Anyone have any opinions on In the Land of Leadale?

Reading just the first 3 sentences of the premise it reminded me of the SAO AIDS kids “arc.”  However when the AIDS kids died they were wiped from existence (IIRC).  The MC in this one is paralzyed and on life support and when she dies she enters the game (though it might be an Overlord situation where the game world becomes real).

It's in my top 3 for the season, and it's the last show I watch on Wed's so i can be in a good mood.

You could just try watching some things

If I didn't read that the MC is "permanently paralyzed and on constant life support" I wouldn't have bothered checking.

And

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China ?

Sorry, not sorry that I'm missing your 'issue", it's standard Isekai-Fantasy, but video gamed 'skewed',you either like that stuff (which I do) or you don't. It's got a 4.7 out of 5 on CR and 7.8 out of 10 on Livechart, so people enjoy it.

Per my suggestion, stop nonstop posting here and watch some shit and find out for yourself, that's what I do, it's not hard.

99% of the shows I watch I don't bother asking anyone's opinions on before watching it.  However, while I do usually like isekai, I generally don't enjoy depressing anime and reading that the MC is a girl that is "permanently paralyzed and on constant life support" sounds potentially depressing so I just wanted to see if people here thought it was good before giving it a try. TBH, I don't really get why you're acting as if I was trashing the anime when all I did was ask if anyone had an opinion on it.

Well you do have a bit of a rep, so......

If you wanted to know/was worried about it being 'depressing', you could/should have asked that, and I would have replied that is all of 30 seconds of the show, and then you instantly forget about that fact going forward, truth be told I totally forgot about that until you brought it up in the question. Click To View Spoiler

I think it fits right in with shows like 'Killing slimes for 300 years' and 'Kuma Bear' in tone, action and comedy. YMMV.

I wanted to know what people's opinions were on it so I asked "Anyone have any opinions on In the Land of Leadale?"  Treemydawg posted "I have been enjoying it," Targetworks posted "it’s light and enjoyable fare," and so I added it to my watch list.  I get we all have anime we are passionate about, but I'm not sure how that activated your "I must defend my lady's honor" mode.  I wasn't trying to insult it.  Apologies if you took it the wrong way.

Believe it or not, that had little to nothing to do with it.

Eye-roll/trigger #1 we've already gone over, the whole, just watch it and find out. I've never asked anyone about a TV show/movie or book that I was interested in, if I want to know, I investigate it myself, no one knows what you'll like better then yourself. (I can respect being worried that it was a 'sad' show, and asking about that fact, I'm tired of sad show's)

But the main eye-roll/trigger was how you and a few other "active/frequent" posters (seemingly) never watch new season stuff, it's always the same old shows being brought up, so when you asked the question about this new show, I'm like 'where the fuck have you been for the last 9 weeks ??!?' I know the answer, it's posting memes and arguing over weather a Loli got screwed or not, not watching new content.

Of the 27 show's I'm watching/watched this current season, 13 have never been mentioned, with about another 6 mentioned once or in passing, and I think that's kinda weak for an active 'lets talk about anime' thread. Add to that, that you (and a few others) haven't even fully watched some the the biggest/most popular shows like Aot and RE:Zero, so when I comment about how 'Wow, Aot is great" (in reference to current events), or a semi 'warning' about where RE:Zero goes, you have no reference to know what I'm taking about, but will comment and infer how the show is meh based on 50% of the story--personally I find it odd to invest that much time into it, and not want to see it through, there are about 3 show's I'm watching now that are lower on my list, but I got this far with them, so I want to watch till the end, my 'ocd' would bug the fuck out of me if I just stopped. Anyways.....

'Rant' off, there are 5 show's that air on Fridays I have to get to.

Yeah, I'm not reading all that.  I'll just assume you graciously accepted the apology for you taking it the wrong way and amicably move on.

If you got the time to sit on and constantly refresh this thread, you got time to read it, and maybe you should
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Weird flex, but okay...

Cause I prefer to spend my time watching it, then dealing with weebs.

Time for another 6 month (at least) break.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]

If you got the time to sit on and constantly refresh this thread, you got time to read it, and maybe you should
View All Quotes
Anyone have any opinions on In the Land of Leadale?

Reading just the first 3 sentences of the premise it reminded me of the SAO AIDS kids “arc.”  However when the AIDS kids died they were wiped from existence (IIRC).  The MC in this one is paralzyed and on life support and when she dies she enters the game (though it might be an Overlord situation where the game world becomes real).

It's in my top 3 for the season, and it's the last show I watch on Wed's so i can be in a good mood.

You could just try watching some things

If I didn't read that the MC is "permanently paralyzed and on constant life support" I wouldn't have bothered checking.

And

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China ?

Sorry, not sorry that I'm missing your 'issue", it's standard Isekai-Fantasy, but video gamed 'skewed',you either like that stuff (which I do) or you don't. It's got a 4.7 out of 5 on CR and 7.8 out of 10 on Livechart, so people enjoy it.

Per my suggestion, stop nonstop posting here and watch some shit and find out for yourself, that's what I do, it's not hard.

99% of the shows I watch I don't bother asking anyone's opinions on before watching it.  However, while I do usually like isekai, I generally don't enjoy depressing anime and reading that the MC is a girl that is "permanently paralyzed and on constant life support" sounds potentially depressing so I just wanted to see if people here thought it was good before giving it a try. TBH, I don't really get why you're acting as if I was trashing the anime when all I did was ask if anyone had an opinion on it.

Well you do have a bit of a rep, so......

If you wanted to know/was worried about it being 'depressing', you could/should have asked that, and I would have replied that is all of 30 seconds of the show, and then you instantly forget about that fact going forward, truth be told I totally forgot about that until you brought it up in the question. Click To View Spoiler

I think it fits right in with shows like 'Killing slimes for 300 years' and 'Kuma Bear' in tone, action and comedy. YMMV.

I wanted to know what people's opinions were on it so I asked "Anyone have any opinions on In the Land of Leadale?"  Treemydawg posted "I have been enjoying it," Targetworks posted "it’s light and enjoyable fare," and so I added it to my watch list.  I get we all have anime we are passionate about, but I'm not sure how that activated your "I must defend my lady's honor" mode.  I wasn't trying to insult it.  Apologies if you took it the wrong way.

Believe it or not, that had little to nothing to do with it.

Eye-roll/trigger #1 we've already gone over, the whole, just watch it and find out. I've never asked anyone about a TV show/movie or book that I was interested in, if I want to know, I investigate it myself, no one knows what you'll like better then yourself. (I can respect being worried that it was a 'sad' show, and asking about that fact, I'm tired of sad show's)

But the main eye-roll/trigger was how you and a few other "active/frequent" posters (seemingly) never watch new season stuff, it's always the same old shows being brought up, so when you asked the question about this new show, I'm like 'where the fuck have you been for the last 9 weeks ??!?' I know the answer, it's posting memes and arguing over weather a Loli got screwed or not, not watching new content.

Of the 27 show's I'm watching/watched this current season, 13 have never been mentioned, with about another 6 mentioned once or in passing, and I think that's kinda weak for an active 'lets talk about anime' thread. Add to that, that you (and a few others) haven't even fully watched some the the biggest/most popular shows like Aot and RE:Zero, so when I comment about how 'Wow, Aot is great" (in reference to current events), or a semi 'warning' about where RE:Zero goes, you have no reference to know what I'm taking about, but will comment and infer how the show is meh based on 50% of the story--personally I find it odd to invest that much time into it, and not want to see it through, there are about 3 show's I'm watching now that are lower on my list, but I got this far with them, so I want to watch till the end, my 'ocd' would bug the fuck out of me if I just stopped. Anyways.....

'Rant' off, there are 5 show's that air on Fridays I have to get to.

I have time to listen to Fran Drescher singing, but that doesn't mean I want to spend my free time doing it.  And based on the part of your post ConcernedCitizen pointed out and was laughing at your post would be about as beneficial.

Also if you become a team member you can subscribe to threads and don't need to refresh threads individually.  Personally I think the subscription feature is well worth $24 a year all by itself.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:15:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Weird flex, but okay...

You bitch about this "weak" thread and about us not talking about the shows you like, but then when SC4eyes suggests you should share those shows with the rest of us so we can watch them too and talk about them you respond with "I prefer to spend my time watching it, then dealing with weebs."
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]

You bitch about this "weak" thread and about us not talking about the shows you like, but then when SC4eyes suggests you should share those shows with the rest of us so we can watch them too and talk about them you respond with "I prefer to spend my time watching it, then dealing with weebs."
View Quote
I'm not sure anybody watching 27 shows in one season has the right to call others weebs anyway.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

And there was Much Rejoicing!... Yay...

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
I thought being a weeb was cool now

Please share the ones you are watching that haven't been mentioned. It's rather difficult to know what exists if you don't know it exists.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone have that screen capture of Cat Shit 1 where Packy is telling Bota his weapon is too heavy and he needs to take the useless accessories off and then Bota is like "I don't want to. These were expensive"?

I need for another thread.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Anyone have that screen capture of Cat Shit 1 where Packy is telling Bota his weapon is too heavy and he needs to take the useless accessories off and then Bota is like "I don't want to. These were expensive"?

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Rewatching Shield Hero in preparation for next month.

All I have to say is... "Bitch"
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:42:01 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/53C21E15-735B-4581-BCED-59846B6B2F1B_jpe-2304456.JPG
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#32]
The early works of Demondice is one of the most...interesting rabbit holes I've ever fallen into.

[MV] Gang Gang, Kawaii!! (DEMONDICE) - American Saikoro XFD
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/53C21E15-735B-4581-BCED-59846B6B2F1B_jpe-2304456.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/meme-75-1024x1024_jpeg-2304467.JPG

I actually feel sorry for Depp.  I don’t feel sorry for Naofumi.

Speaking of Heard though: that bitch sure is crazy.  Didn’t she make some public justification for abusing Depp by claiming “I didn’t punch him, I hit him”?

If a C-list male actor admitted to doing half the shit she did to her spouse he’d never get a role in a major movie again.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#34]

I actually feel sorry for Depp.  I don't feel sorry for Naofumi.

Speaking of Heard though: that bitch sure is crazy.  Didn't she make some public justification for abusing Depp by claiming "I didn't punch him, I hit him"?

If a C-list male actor admitted to doing half the shit she did to her spouse he'd never get a role in a major movie again.
View All Quotes

Speaking of Heard though: that bitch sure is crazy.  Didn't she make some public justification for abusing Depp by claiming "I didn't punch him, I hit him"?

If a C-list male actor admitted to doing half the shit she did to her spouse he'd never get a role in a major movie again.
I don't know the whole details, but I do know bitches be cray.

Also
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 5:15:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#35]

Also
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/cursed-face-swap-photo-u1_jpeg-2304471.JPG
View All Quotes

Also
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/cursed-face-swap-photo-u1_jpeg-2304471.JPG

Naofumi sure did get the shaft when it comes to female followers for an Isekai MC.

According to Mirellia he could have had a harem of kemonomimi girls/women.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:03:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
The early works of Demondice is one of the most...interesting rabbit holes I've ever fallen into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_cDJENafV4
View Quote

OOOoooohhhh SHINEY!!!  

Ima hafta get me some of dat.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:

View Quote

Best I could manage on a quick search.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:05:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#39]
We just finished Dog and Scissors during lunch today.

And I finished Girls Last Tour yesterday.

Oof.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I wasn’t sure about buying Soul eater Manga just because I’d watched it so many times over and over and it was only available as a full set on eBay form private sellers for a lot more then other sets on Amazon

But I’m so damn glad I did as I’ve said countless times this series made me an anime fan I just love it so damn much, reading one of the best scenes in the series when Maka fights Crona for the second time

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Unlike so many shonen Soul Eater is relatively short with 50 something episodes and definitely worth anyones time who hasn’t seen it, plus it’s better then then Demon Slayer
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Best girl of 2022 so far:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Show?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#43]

Show?
View All Quotes

Show?

The Strongest Sage With the Weakest Crest.

Here are the first 6 episodes.  There is also a dub out, but I’m not sure what episode it’s on.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm gonna give Mieruko-Chan a watch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Crunchyroll released a post saying new AOT episode is up.
View Quote

I fell asleep during the past few.

Will probably sleep through that one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
View Quote

Alexis Tipton voices the MC in the dub.

Just sayin’.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Just sayin’.
View All Quotes

Just sayin’.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:44:37 PM EDT
[#49]

https://c.tenor.com/F6ekeSqr9OsAAAAM/renge-shrug.gif

View All Quotes

Just sayin’.

https://c.tenor.com/F6ekeSqr9OsAAAAM/renge-shrug.gif

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I liked it but the story is incomplete.

Page / 762
Who watches Anime? (Page 509 of 762)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top