Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
@SC4eyes

Made another mock up trying to put your recommendations in place.

This what you were talking about?

Placed the stripe in line with the bumper covers, Tofu shop logo just under the handle pocket, bottom quarter-ish of car blacked out.
Attachment Attached File

It's a little off kilter because I'm watching Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town while shooping
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:57:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:

It's a little off kilter because I'm watching Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town while shooping
View Quote

All those annoying insects.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 6:02:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Got multitask to get my anime fix

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#7]
@SC4eyes

Placed the stripe in line with the bumper covers, Tofu shop logo just under the handle pocket, bottom quarter-ish of car blacked out.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_jpg-2309287.JPG

View Quote

That looks pretty good. Have you tried that one without the bumper being black? Know the 86 bumper is black plastic but might see how it looks left unwrapped.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I see what you're getting at. I will work on some more mock ups as time permits. Perhaps this weekend I will put on Initial D or Wangan Midnight for background noise and work on it.

I have not had a chance, but I would like to auto cross it. Only had it since January, new transmission put in in February.

I do enjoy slow Japanese econo boxes. Though it's got a bit more pep than my old Mazda 6. Actually getting to shift is fun instead of slamming in to second and youre going too fast

Also the app I was using, I had to re make each part after export. Which is why they aren't in the same place.
View Quote

This is a good website for performance car stuff on a budget. My race buddies and I were among the OG subscribers.
Back when figuring out graphics entailed a color photo, sheets of mylar, colored markers and drafting skills.

GRM
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

That looks pretty good. Have you tried that one without the bumper being black? Know the 86 bumper is black plastic but might see how it looks left unwrapped.
View All Quotes
@SC4eyes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_jpg-2309287.JPG

I agree, I think the bumper line just above the license plate would be a close match to the sides. The sides look very good.

I would also try one just from the outside of the brake cooling ducts in the bumper, back, and lower the side stripe to the hard crease.
Like smoke came out of the duct and colored everything behind at speed. Sometimes with graphics less is more.

For the door logo, their used to be a speed shop at the base of Mt. Achina (sp) that catered to Initial D fans. That may be a place to start looking for a reasonably priced vinyl.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just so you know that I'm not just some guy on the internet shitposting about knowing car stuff.

I built this back in the mid-'80s. I laid those stipes out with a tape measure, and masking tape. My cousin and I did the bodywork and paint.
Bright White (called Coca Cola white back then because it was used to paint the logos on their trucks) and Dark Gray Metalic.

A metric shit-ton of performance parts, from roller cams, ported heads and single-plane intake, and triple disc clutch, to trick suspension parts Global West front A arms. A custom 5-link rear with coilovers got added after this pic.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:31:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#11]

View Quote
Will try it after work.
Originally Posted By SC4eyes:

This is a good website for performance car stuff on a budget. My race buddies and I were among the OG subscribers.
Back when figuring out graphics entailed a color photo, sheets of mylar, colored markers and drafting skills.

GRM
View Quote
I will check it out. Thanks!

I don't think I'm going to do more than suspension, and maybe wheels, performance wise.

I need the car to be reliable. There is a guy that has made up custom cams, and tuned ecms for that cam grind, for dropping the engine in to MR2s

No one really tunes 2AR-FE anymore, since Toyota dropped Scion, but the power to weight ratio is about the same as an old eight six. So I just have to improve the cornering

I agree, I think the bumper line just above the license plate would be a close match to the sides. The sides look very good.

I would also try one just from the outside of the brake cooling ducts in the bumper, back, and lower the side stripe to the hard crease.
Like smoke came out of the duct and colored everything behind at speed. Sometimes with graphics less is more.

For the door logo, their used to be a speed shop at the base of Mt. Achina (sp) that catered to Initial D fans. That may be a place to start looking for a reasonably priced vinyl.
View Quote
In the first mock ups I posted, I was liking the rocker panel/side skirt area being black instead trying to mimic the whole bottom half of the car. It shows more of the body's natural styling.

Perhaps taking that bit of less, plus the single upper stripe, will bring it to the more side of things...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:39:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#12]
Just so you know that I'm not just some guy on the internet shitposting about knowing car stuff.

I built this back in the mid-'80s. I laid those stipes out with a tape measure, and masking tape. My cousin and I did the bodywork and paint.
Bright White (called Coca Cola white back then because it was used to paint the logos on their trucks) and Dark Gray Metalic.

A metric shit-ton of performance parts, from roller cams, ported heads and single-plane intake, and triple disc clutch, to trick suspension parts Global West front A arms. A custom 5-link rear with coilovers got added after this pic.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-RJXSP7J/1/87e840b2/XL/i-RJXSP7J-XL.jpg
View Quote
Nice!

My performance parts budget is going to building out my dune buggy. Performance rockers, ported big valve heads, more aggressive cam, dual carb, disc brake conversion. Leaning towards a 1776cc engine for now.

Gonna build it as a mountain buggy/dirt track fun car.

Poor thing needs some love
Attachment Attached File

Maybe slap an anime waifu on it
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!

My performance parts budget is going to building out my dune buggy. Performance rockers, ported big valve heads, more aggressive cam, dual carb, disc brake conversion. Leaning towards a 1776cc engine for now.

Gonna build it as a mountain buggy/dirt track fun car.

Poor thing needs some love
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/received_578958620121765_jpeg-2309848.JPG

Maybe slap an anime waifu on it
View Quote

A Manx? Sweet
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#14]

A Manx? Sweet
View Quote
It needs more anime tiddies for flying around the local dirt track.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#15]

My thoughts about it:

I went into Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town not expecting much and ended up binge watching the first season.  It's basically about an OP kid from a village where everyone is OP, but because he is the least OP person there he thinks he's weak.  He then heads out into the "real world" thinking he's a weakling when actually he has god level power.  

Imagine if a young Saitama was in a fantasy settling, thought he was weak, and was given a harem.

It's nothing epic, but I found it funny and entertaining.  There's also a pretty good dub for it.  Alexis Tipton voices a very thirsty princess that kinda reminded me of Anna from Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzkxM2U4ZDYtNjk0MC00ZGE0LTk4ZTQtMTk0OGE5Mjc2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg
View Quote

I was almost caught up on my shows but decided to check out this one today. I watched a couple episodes at lunch and oh man I had some serious LOL moments.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

I was almost caught up on my shows but decided to check out this one today. I watched a couple episodes at lunch and oh man I had some serious LOL moments.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

My thoughts about it:

I went into Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies Moved to a Starter Town not expecting much and ended up binge watching the first season.  It's basically about an OP kid from a village where everyone is OP, but because he is the least OP person there he thinks he's weak.  He then heads out into the "real world" thinking he's a weakling when actually he has god level power.  

Imagine if a young Saitama was in a fantasy settling, thought he was weak, and was given a harem.

It's nothing epic, but I found it funny and entertaining.  There's also a pretty good dub for it.  Alexis Tipton voices a very thirsty princess that kinda reminded me of Anna from Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzkxM2U4ZDYtNjk0MC00ZGE0LTk4ZTQtMTk0OGE5Mjc2ZWRhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzgxODM4NjM@._V1_.jpg

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:39:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#17]
I’ve only finished 8 episodes of Dog & Scissors so far, but the show gives a new meaning to the phrase “over the top”.

Each time I say to myself, “whoa, are they really going there, are they really gonna do that?”, well, yes indeed, they really are, and then some.

Clearly the creators were under the influence - of some kinda super-duper alien mind-altering substances - and the results are as phenomenal and impressive as can be imagined.

But that has led me on a so-far fruitless search for a pair of scissors comparable to the ones that she wields. Yet even the $1500 Kamikaze scissors, or the less expensive but still primo Wright scissors mentioned in this thread https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Guess-what-I-got-in-the-mail-today-Top-of-the-line-/5-2501701/?page=1 don’t even come close.

Perhaps the scissors that take the starring role in the series are a fantasy creation straight from the writer’s imagination rather than being based on something real and tangible.

But I’m enjoying the trip - figuratively and literally…

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
He so angry his blood shot out his pores.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mort:
View All Quotes

Gate of Valhalla is better than Iron Maiden...
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:52:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#21]
So I decided to give Demon Lord, Retry! a chance, and so far it's just sad. Sub-par animation, characters, and plot line.

It's like if you asked your mom for How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, and she said you have Demon Lord at home...

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:54:25 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
I can't blame Naofumi. I would be angry if I was in his position.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:18:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#24]
So I decided to give Demon Lord, Retry! a chance, and so far it's just sad. Sub-par animation, characters, and plot line.

It's like if you asked your mom for How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, and she said you have Demon Lord at home...

View Quote

You’re just mad you fell for the trap.

But yeah, Retry is pretty generic OP MC Isekai fair.  I’ll tell ya though, if that was me I’d never leave that village that was populated by bunny girls.  Especially after the “improvements” he made.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:40:57 AM EDT
[#25]

But yeah, Retry is pretty generic OP MC Isekai fair.  I’ll tell ya though, if that was me I’d never leave that village that was populated by bunny girls.  Especially after the “improvements” he made.
View All Quotes

I must admit, it was pretty amusing when the bunny girls said that humans got upset if they didn't end every sentence with "bunny" or "hop".
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#26]

I must admit, it was pretty amusing when the bunny girls said that humans got upset if they didn't end every sentence with "bunny" or "hop".
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:23:38 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Their refusal to stop when he asked was amusing.

Yeah Demon Lord Retry is the go-bots version of like 3 other isekai.  The LN have another storyline that has bits of the programmer Hakuto in contemporary times that I found interesting.  But the rest of the story is the mc essentially goofing off and accidentally bumbling through winning every situation.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 5:58:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

View Quote
@Agilt @SC4eyes

A few more faux eight six mock ups.

Bumper white, with and without stripes was easy. Moving the stripes down not so much, the angle I took the photo at was throwing off the alignment for me, so the angles look a bit off.

No bumper:
Attachment Attached File

Attempted top of the license plate alignment:
Attachment Attached File

Just a single stripe:
Attachment Attached File

And just the rocker panel:
Attachment Attached File

I'm leaning towards the last one at the moment. More out of ease of application. I don't trust myself to get clean lines if there isn't a spot to tuck the edges

If I can find a (relatively) inexpensive, but not cheap, lip and rocker panels or side skirts, I can just paint them black then apply them. I know a few guys who work in salvage yards, so I can see if there are any with salvageable components. But knowing my luck, they are either trashed, or still on the road.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:14:52 AM EDT
[#29]

@Agilt @SC4eyes

Bumper white, with and without stripes was easy. Moving the stripes down not so much, the angle I took the photo at was throwing off the alignment for me, so the angles look a bit off.

No bumper:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_2_jpg-2310431.JPG.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_3_jpg-2310432.JPG

Just a single stripe:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_4_jpg-2310433.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_5_jpg-2310434.JPG

I'm leaning towards the last one at the moment. More out of ease of application. I don't trust myself to get clean lines if there isn't a spot to tuck the edges

If I can find a (relatively) inexpensive, but not cheap, lip and rocker panels or side skirts, I can just paint them black then apply them. I know a few guys who work in salvage yards, so I can see if there are any with salvageable components. But knowing my luck, they are either trashed, or still on the road.
View Quote

I kind of like a combination of 1 and 2 here. Slightly higher beltline on the side (to make the remaining white stripe narrower like 1, but not as much overall height as 1), with the bumper and top stripe topping out at the top of the plate like 2

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also, you might have bought that car from the same Lithia dealer I used to buy a bunch of MR2 parts from, was located in Springfield IIRC. Had a MR2 "specialist" guy that worked in parts
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#30]

I kind of like a combination of 1 and 2 here. Slightly higher beltline on the side (to make the remaining white stripe narrower like 1, but not as much overall height as 1), with the bumper and top stripe topping out at the top of the plate like 2

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_2_jpg-2310431.JPG.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_3_jpg-2310432.JPG

Also, you might have bought that car from the same Lithia dealer I used to buy a bunch of MR2 parts from, was located in Springfield IIRC. Had a MR2 "specialist" guy that worked in parts
View All Quotes

@Agilt @SC4eyes

No bumper:

Just a single stripe:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_4_jpg-2310433.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/eight_six_TC_mock_up_5_jpg-2310434.JPG

The second one, the bottom stripe is lined up in the sculpted section above the rocker panel, so basically split the difference? I could round off the back end in that area and thicken the stripe downwards.

A more modern sculpted design that way.

Also, I got it from one of the lithia dodge lots in Southern OR. Took it to the lithia Toyota down here to install the tranny under lithia's "warranty", which shipped from Corvallis.

From what I can tell, it was a brand new unit, date stamped 2016, so it has the upgraded input shaft bearing that won't grenade itself

Hopefully gas prices level off soon. Gonna have to dip into my car parts budget just to go to work. Or I could just do my grocery shopping after work (swing shift) and watch anime all weekend
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Episode 22 of Eighty-Six dropped today, after months of delays and schedule conflict. With all the extra time, I've been saying A1 better fucking deliver.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#32]
EASILY my favorite episode for the best girl of 2022 so far.

- Mischievously drawing on Alma's face when she passed out.

- Sticking her tongue out and taunting the demon.

- Her trying to act like the demon's Dullify Senses spell worked on her ("stupefied, stupefied" ), but then by simply acting like herself the demon thought they used the spell TOO much on her.

And that was just the first 8 minutes of the episode.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Well, I was enjoying In the Land of Leadale, but ran out of episodes.

Now giving Sabikui Bisco a watch, and the first episode really drew me in
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:48:26 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:18:06 AM EDT
[#35]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/4C7108CF-2759-415B-A9C0-3D7B364B4A49_jpe-2311608.JPG

https://y.yarn.co/5d7f914e-70f0-44fb-ad23-9ae0b05ac9e5_text.gif
It's very... phallic... so far

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:44:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#36]
Overlord officially returns in July.

Along with the announcement there is a teaser with some new footage.

Best girl will be donning her crimson red legendary class armor for the 2nd time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:04:06 AM EDT
[#39]
I just finished up Killing Bites.  Was fairly decent I did not see the ending coming.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Finished mushoku tensei. I liked it.
View Quote

The Holy Relic of the Church of Roxyism.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Would Silfy be the head priestess of the church of Rudy then?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 12:49:32 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Sure. Until Eris beats her up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:46:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#43]
Arcane is possibly the best show I’ve seen since Breaking Bad ended.  I was shocked at how Netflix could have a show THIS good and not once try to force feed us some over-the-top SJW bullshit.

And then I found out Netflix had nothing to do with making it and all they did was act as a distributor.  Suddenly it all made sense.  I hope Netflix stays out of the production of S2, but I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they wormed their way in.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edit: I meant to post this in the Netflix thread.  I was going to delete it and leave a “wrong thread ,” but it’s been a few weeks since I praised the greatness of Arcane so I guess I’ll just leave it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Some of you guys are not even paying attention to Eighty-Six finally finishing Season 1 after all the delays. You are missing out.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
Some of you guys are not even paying attention to Eighty-Six finally finishing Season 1 after all the delays. You are missing out.
View Quote
I haven't started watching it yet. It's on the list.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:22:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

I like that, quite a lot.

On topic:
I finished Space Dandy. It had some bright points, and the ending had a wild twist, but the animation was mediocre.
Overall, I wouldn't say it was a waste of time, but there are better shows to watch that I haven't seen yet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

I didn't realize it wasn't finished.

I guess I know what I will be watching tonight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
I've been waiting for it to finish before I start binging it.  I did watch the first episode a while back, am I going to need to get an emotional support animal to help me survive all the dying characters?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I'm watching just wasn't commenting until the after the final 2 episodes air. There are supposed to be 24 and I only see 22 on Crunchyroll.  I'm pretty sure I've made my love of this show clear. If they'd just hurry and print more of the light novels I could start reading them but I'm missing volumes 4 and 7 because I backordered them and they haven't come in yet. I even got the newly released volume 9 in the mail Friday but the others still haven't shipped.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been waiting for it to finish before I start binging it.  I did watch the first episode a while back, am I going to need to get an emotional support animal to help me survive all the dying characters?
View Quote

During the first cour? Yes.

When you get to yesterday's episode you will feel a lot better.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 513 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top