BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hut, hut, hut, hut, hut, hut, hut, hut....
View Quote

@Extorris

Nice, you made me spit up my coffee.  Excellent movie reference on this fine Thursday morning.  I just hope none of the HRT members got scratched walking through the bushes.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Optics.   They needed to appear the hero, yet again, and they control the media, so they had to put in at least a half hearted effort to justify the medal ceremonies and increased budgets.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Showtime!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Amended your headline.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or they really wanted the headline "SWAT Team Storms Building; Hostages Freed; Not Necessarily In That Order" despite the fact that the two things aren't directly related.
Amended your headline.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That was during an active fire fight.
View Quote

Mogadishu?!?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The HRT doesn’t make the decision to go.  Someone much higher in the COC takes the input of the HRT and the input of the public relations supervisor and lots of other inputs and the gives the HRT the go.
View Quote

That is 100% inaccurate.

The on-scene CDR, which in this case is the ranking HRT member, has emergency assault authority as well as deliberate assault authority one that plan has been briefed and approved.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Gold star award goes the Philly cops when they assaulted the MOVE "compound".  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/GettyImages-515241528_jpeg-2247055.JPGWe said move, motherfuckers!!

View Quote

The bomb on the MOVE house in Philly was dropped on the orders of the mayor, Wilson Goode.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Because they had to take out their operative before he spoke to the media or public.

Let me make it clear up front that I have no problem with killing a terrorist. But the death of Malik Akram, who had been holding four  hostages at a synagogue north of Dallas, does not make  sense. The FBI Hostage Rescue Team  did not  follow the standard operating procedure for conducting an assault.

I have more than 35 years experience with counter-terrorism and police training. I was the Deputy Director  of the Anti-Terrorism Assistance Training Program when I  was at the Department of State. There is a checklist that  SWAT teams follow in  evaluating a threat and deciding on a course of action.

When you have a hostage incident the prime  objective is to end the situation peacefully with no harm to the hostages. If  the  hostage  taker  escalates the threat to the hostages or  begins  to physically harm them,  that should  trigger an assault. But if the hostages escape and are no longer in jeopardy and there are no other civilians at risk, there is no need to put the lives of SWAT officers in danger by conducting an  armed assault. Anytime you are firing automatic weapons and using flash bang grenades in a confined space, the good guys can be wounded or killed. Using force is a last resort when all other options are closed.

The movie Joe Hoft posted this morning of the immediate moments before the assault was launched shows the hostages running from the building. You also see the failed hostage taker  poke his head out the door with  a pistol  in his  hand. Malik Akram was now alone in the synagogue. There was no need to kill him and put the lives of the  HRT at risk.

The FBI needs to do some explaining.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/01/fbi-violate-protocol-launch-swat-assault-hostages-escaped/
View Quote

Deputy Director of ATA doesn’t mean subject matter expert on assaulting or a person who was actually on the ground in Texas who could have made the call on what to do.  It means a person who had a budget to spend and a willing group of retired LEOs who wanted per diem so they could travel around the world and usually finish each TDY without getting themselves in trouble.

I have seen that program in action overseas.  Even with Tier-1 US units training host-country police/military units, the training is 1-2 generations behind what Tier 1 US forces presently employ for OPSEC purposes in all but a few cases.

Whatever the case, the Deputy Director for ATA isn’t getting that training, and he also isn’t spending his 35 year career solely at ATA.  Gatewaypundit is a huge joke.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How are we so sure that the FBI knew the guy was in the building by himself?
View Quote

they could have asked the 4 hostages that managed to escape by themselves. but I guess they had to get it on
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
How does a swat team verify all hostages are out?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

they could have asked the 4 hostages that managed to escape by themselves. but I guess they had to get it on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are we so sure that the FBI knew the guy was in the building by himself?

They were already making entry on the other side.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Malik Akram was working for someone
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The OP is a newbie and I don't think he understands how to use quotes. That verbiage isn't his. It's copy/pasta from the article.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Based on some of the terminology you used, I'm not so sure you're the SME you claim you are.

The OP is a newbie and I don't think he understands how to use quotes. That verbiage isn't his. It's copy/pasta from the article.
Dunno about newbie, but definitely a hammermill. Several in the c/o ‘21.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:26:58 AM EDT
[#15]
If you say so.
Once the hostages escaped shouldn’t the HRT stand down and the PKT (perpetrator kill team) step in?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Devil's Advocate:

HRT doesn't engage the suspect and there is an attempt to negotiate him out.  During the negotiation the suspect detonates a device that destroys the building and maybe injures an officer/agent  -or- there is a previously unknown hostage that gets murdered.

I can only imagine the GD head explosions that would ensue.  There is no chance for any Monday morning quarterbacking in a fluid and dynamic situation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember when Dallas SWAT drove a robot strapped with C4 to murder a suspect?
View Quote

Murder?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:36:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Or they really wanted the headline "SWAT Team Storms Building; Hostages Freed" despite the fact that the two things aren't directly related.
View Quote
This.  They didn't want to just stand around with their dicks in their hands while local police secured the scene.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
You say that like it was wrong or something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Tying up loose ends.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nice copy and paste.

HRT are assaulters by trade. Those guys don’t do barricades.  They had several hours to draw up an assualt plan.

Yeah they could have sat back and gassed the shit out of the building treating it like a barricade and he might have come out, or they use speed surprise and violence to control the outcome and dominate the structure. From a technical aspect at the level HRT operates at, there is probably less variables for them to execute a planned assualt vs turning it into a barricade and leaving the decision making in the hands of the suspect.

But this is GD so logic isn’t as fun.
View Quote

If they know all hostages are out (one was released earlier so they knew how many were there), thry could wait him out and the result would have been either suicide or surrender.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#23]
You can’t have access to all that tacticool gear and NOT go LARPing.

They wanted the PR and photo-op.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#24]
They were all dressed up and just had to get it on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry your “British Citizen” got ventilated.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#26]
FBI; What do you mean all the hostages escaped on their own? We better do something damn quick to justify all this money we blew here.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That is 100% inaccurate.

The on-scene CDR, which in this case is the ranking HRT member, has emergency assault authority as well as deliberate assault authority one that plan has been briefed and approved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The HRT doesn’t make the decision to go.  Someone much higher in the COC takes the input of the HRT and the input of the public relations supervisor and lots of other inputs and the gives the HRT the go.

That is 100% inaccurate.

And the assault element leader has a lot of autonomy on when to go- to take advantage of fleeting opportunities, to react to suddenly worsening situations, etc.  

This could just be an example of them just not knowing how many folks were inside, how many had self rescued, or who knows.  And once one element is moving, the rest need to be on the same page...hard to stop that big moving train.  

No tears from me about what happened, but it was a bit unusual for it to go down in that order.  I bet there is a decent reason or understandable explanation.  

He surely would be alive if he hadn’t been taking hostages in the first place, so fuck him...
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#28]
The better question is:

Why did the FBI orchestrate the entire situation?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#29]
If the hostages fighting back and trying to escape isn’t reason to initiate the assault, what is?

What actions might a hostage taker resort to once the hostages become combative and try to escape? Think about it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Or they really wanted the headline "SWAT Team Storms Building; Hostages Freed" despite the fact that the two things aren't directly related.
View Quote

Yes, the FBI stormed the building and lied because they wanted the headline.  MI5 identified the terrorist months ago and sent him to America.

It is clear the entire exercise was created by the Terror Factory in order to Keep Fear Alive:

We Need to “KEEP FEAR ALIVE” Senior FBI Official Explains How Govt Needs You in Fear, to Justify Paychecks

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#31]
That article is pants on head.

It's almost like you have dudes prepped and standing by for a hasty assault if the situation starts rapidly changing from pretty much the moment you get on scene.

That's SOP
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For the fucking mentally challenged read the article yourself instead.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/01/fbi-violate-protocol-launch-swat-assault-hostages-escaped/
View Quote

LOL. Hey OP you confused the fuck out of everybody with your original unedited post.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

They couldn't let it get out. FBEye probably drove him there and gave him the pistola.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Gotta love GD

In one thread we'll talk about how people shouldn't be sent to prison. They should be hung or shot or f#cked in the ass by cacti until dead.  

In the next well hand wring over how the cops killed someone who shot 4 cops. Or talk about how corrupt all prosecutors and judges are.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I liked that approach. The bad guy was still taking pot shots at people un like the Muslim at the Jewish Synagogue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

They storm the place, shoot anything that moves, and then come out declaring all hostages are out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They couldn't let it get out. FBEye probably drove him there and gave him the pistola.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The real joke is the FBI probably gave him a pistola that didn't even work... joke's on the Tango!  

Because the "Most Elite Hostage Rescue Team in the World" couldn't handle one Terrorist with a functioning firearm.

Problem - Reaction - Solution

The fictional narrative has the HRT being the BIG HEROES... when the video shows they looked like Sh!t
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:50:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That article is pants on head.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Sometimes you just have to fucking get it on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Why was the FBI there at all? This seemed like a minor incident. Couldn’t local PD have handled it?
View Quote

The town only has 25,000 citizens and Texas DPS is tied up at the border with Cho Bi Den’s illegal alien problem.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I lived next door to an HRT guy in stafford VA, all he did was shoot, lift, train all day

And secretly deploy, we would have watch the news to see where the incident was taking place as his wife didn’t know.

He’d take his HK sub gun when we would rent aerators together using  my truck

This was in the 90s; ruby ridge agent that killed the woman lived 1 street over
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Murder?
View Quote

No, the DPD was taking out the trash.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yes, the FBI stormed the building and lied because they wanted the headline.  MI5 identified the terrorist months ago and sent him to America.

It is clear the entire exercise was created by the Terror Factory in order to Keep Fear Alive:

We Need to “KEEP FEAR ALIVE” Senior FBI Official Explains How Govt Needs You in Fear, to Justify Paychecks

View Quote

Excellent work, Russian_Shill.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I'm quoting former FBI assistant director Thomas Fuentes.  Video at the link
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#45]
They had to get it on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#46]
I am no fan of the FBI but it is my understanding that there was still one hostage inside when the breach occurred. 4 initial hostages, 1 released earlier in the day, 2 escaped out the side door right before the breach leaving 1 inside.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I mean, after all the hostages escaped, you still have the hostage taker on the loose. Gotta arrest him for it, HRT was almost ready might as well go in and try to arrest the dude.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I am no fan of the FBI but it is my understanding that there was still one hostage inside when the breach occurred. 4 initial hostages, 1 released earlier in the day, 2 escaped out the side door right before the breach leaving 1 inside.
View Quote

Wrong.  The other hostage was already released.  The only person in the building was the MI5/FBI recruited Muslim Terrorist.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:42:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ask the hostages that are out, LOL
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Devil's Advocate:

HRT doesn't engage the suspect and there is an attempt to negotiate him out.  During the negotiation the suspect detonates a device that destroys the building and maybe injures an officer/agent  -or- there is a previously unknown hostage that gets murdered.

I can only imagine the GD head explosions that would ensue.  There is no chance for any Monday morning quarterbacking in a fluid and dynamic situation.
View Quote

And if he detonated the same device when the HRT kicked in the door?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top