Quoted:
I finger-fucked an Atlas today and bros

I am in trouble

You're turbo fucked if you shoot one

Don't tell anyone, turns out you can literally just buy talent

@BaconFat
Link Posted: 6/24/2023 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Hello I would like to be a better pistol shooter.

John Wick Concierge: Certainly sir. You will want to spend five thousand dollars on this 9mm pistol, and then if you're gaming get an SRO or if real get RMR. We also have options to harden the SRO should you wish. Also magazines are $180

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another thing I just thought of is finger placement. SAO & Rifle both like the pad of the finger, whereas Glock seems to want more finger to shoot accurately. Thus your finger placement on firearms is more universal.

This has been 6 beers with whiskers
View Quote

With a flat Overwatch Protection trigger on a Glock it gives a little longer reach and puts the pad of my finger perfectly on the trigger. Basically all movement in the first joint. Much easier to slap back without pulling to the side.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

With a flat Overwatch Protection trigger on a Glock it gives a little longer reach and puts the pad of my finger perfectly on the trigger. Basically all movement in the first joint. Much easier to slap back without pulling to the side.
View Quote

The Glock Performance Trigger on my 17 has a wider shoe. I thought that it would mean less finger. Nope, still the same more finger needed. Reminded me of the VP9. Super easy to shoot going back and forth between it and my stock G45's trigger with zero change in being able to hit a target.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@BaconFat
View Quote

Its not talent if you can only do it with one gun
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]

I ordered one on 5/8.  They charged me tax. Dang.

Hasn't shipped yet.  Kind of regretting it now since I really want something smaller.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@BaconFat

That ranks up pretty high in the silly comment scale
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up a potential carry gun.   Can't wait to get to the range.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Was this at a shop? If so which one?
View Quote

Interested as well.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not exactly a 2011 to be fair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DWX is trash?
Not exactly a 2011 to be fair.

That’s what I was thinking.

Here my DWX:
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finger-fucked an Atlas today and bros

I am in trouble

Personal gun of one of the guys at a local shop, not for sale…but damn. That slide felt like it was on ball bearings even after not being cleaned for 1500rds.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope you either have talent or you don't.  Can't say you are a talented car driver and not be able to drive a stick.  No different than only being able to make shots with SOA or a dot.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 2:13:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope you either have talent or you don't.  Can't say you are a talented car driver and not be able to drive a stick.  No different than only being able to make shots with SOA or a dot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was definitely wrong, you still haven't peaked yet with the silliness.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not wrong. If you can't perform across the spectrum of your shooting discipline, you're not talented.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He's not wrong.
View Quote

ha! I'm not wrong either, YMMV of course but....

It's a BS intellectually dishonest debate. It's the equivalent argument supporting a shotgun over an AR15, one is going to be optimal and dominate. The other is outdated, slow to use and requires skill to master it's bead sight compared to an AR outfitted with the latest tech and even if stock to stock the AR15 still wins by a yuge stretch.

Or are you now supporting the shotgun, brown bess, halberd, bolt action and garand surplus that requires skill to use effectively over something more modern and up to date like the AR15?

This argument reeks of two people who've had to give it their all and either lost or almost lost to another shooter using such a better solution who used hardly any effort.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Blew off a little steam today. Mostly just mag dumps
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Blew off a little steam today. Mostly just mag dumps
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/264774/IMG_20230625_143218_jpg-2863515.JPG
View Quote

Pay my mortgage or buy some mags?

I guess I'll spend it on the 2011

Yes
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's a BS intellectually dishonest debate. It's the equivalent argument supporting a shotgun over an AR15, one is going to be optimal and dominate. The other is outdated, slow to use and requires skill to master it's bead sight compared to an AR outfitted with the latest tech and even if stock to stock the AR15 still wins by a yuge stretch.

Or are you now supporting the shotgun, brown bess, halberd, bolt action and garand surplus that requires skill to use effectively over something more modern and up to date like the AR15?

This argument reeks of two people who've had to give it their all and either lost or almost lost to another shooter using such a better solution who used hardly any effort.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's not wrong.

I'm not talented, I'll admit it.  Last time I shot USPSA I was a B class at best. Any shooter will perform better with an Atlas than a Glock.  A truly talented shooter won't have a very large gap in performance between the two and will very likely be able to use the Glock to smoke the shooters that can only perform with the Atlas.  It's all about proper application of the fundamentals.  The Atlas allows you to be sloppier with that application.  The Glock does not.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Anything that improves a shooter is great. It's all about hitting your target and stopping the threat, not a pissing contest.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He's not wrong. If you can't perform across the spectrum of your shooting discipline, you're not talented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's absurd. Chess Grandmaster isn't talented if he can't master other games? People specialize all the time.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm not talented, I'll admit it.  Last time I shot USPSA I was a B class at best. Any shooter will perform better with an Atlas than a Glock.  A truly talented shooter won't have a very large gap in performance between the two and will very likely be able to use the Glock to smoke the shooters that can only perform with the Atlas.  It's all about proper application of the fundamentals.  The Atlas allows you to be sloppier with that application.  The Glock does not.
View Quote

So what you're arguing for whether you understand it or not, is for everyone to get an Atlas and master it instead of a Glock.

I prefer the arfcom way of both, with hooking up a Glock with the false narrative of just for instagram clout of showing off and for flexing the ACRO P2, and then doing the same with my Staccato when it arrives so I can cHeAt and train and do matches as I would fight also with BOTH.

The other guy is a silly troll making sillier comments and the occasional insults out of spite for people liking what he doesn't like.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Anything that improves a shooter is great. It's all about hitting your target and stopping the threat, not a pissing contest.
View Quote

Louder please.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That's absurd. Chess Grandmaster isn't talented if he can't master other games? People specialize all the time.
View Quote

Nope. It's like saying your a chess master when you only know how to move the queen
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s a reason nobody’s trying to win Le Mans with a Honda Civic
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So what you're arguing for whether you understand it or not, is for everyone to get an Atlas and master it instead of a Glock.

I prefer the arfcom way of both, with hooking up a Glock with the false narrative of just for instagram clout of showing off and for flexing the ACRO P2, and then doing the same with my Staccato when it arrives so I can cHeAt and train and do matches as I would fight also with BOTH.

The other guy is a silly troll making sillier comments and the occasional insults out of spite for people liking what he doesn't like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it's easier to get better equipment, I do it too.  But if you really want to improve yourself you'll also use the more challenging equipment and by doing so also improve your use of the easy equipment. So yeah, carry and compete with the easy stuff, but if you want to be the best you’ll train with the hard stuff too.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/lNoJoH_pOrIAAAAC/cartman-poop.gif

View Quote

And no one that could win Le Man wouldn't be able to drive a civic well.  But that's exactly what we have here.  People that say you have to spend $1500 on a gun to take it to a class or that being proud that they can only make a shot with a tricked out gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#31]
this is the thread that keeps on giving

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:22:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sure it's easier to get better equipment, I do it too.  But if you really want to improve yourself you'll also use the more challenging equipment and by doing so also improve your use of the easy equipment. So yeah, carry and compete with the easy stuff, but if you want to be the best you’ll train with the hard stuff too.  
View Quote

Some people like to improve without making it harder for themselves, and consider it improving by that metric. To call that not wanting to be the best at all is disingenuous.

FWIW, I don't drive manuals either because harder isn't making my life any better and it's not enjoyable at all. This applies to shooting too, it's not enjoyable for me to make it harder and those pushing for this is, is literally being quixotic because we are from two different schools of thought here. I don't want to be the best at something that is impractical for me to train and use. Instead, I want to be the best with practical to use every edge possible within reason.

I show up to beat myself from previous times, not others. Anything that aids in that from fitness, gear, and equipment, even ammunition used, is what I am striving for.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope. It's like saying your a chess master when you only know how to move the queen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit. To say a top level USPSA shooter isn't talented because they can't also shoot skeet is absurd. Lots of the highest level people specialize and focus on the specific thing they are trying to excel at.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
People that say you have to spend $1500 on a gun to take it to a class or that being proud that they can only make a shot with a tricked out gun.
View Quote

People that say you only need or don't need while superimposing themselves into the argument, or acting like an angry scornful fudd at happy people being able to make a shot with a hooked up gun, are people that we don't need. Because contrary to what you may think, you are definitely not helping and doing the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And no one that could win Le Man wouldn't be able to drive a civic well.  But that's exactly what we have here.  People that say you have to spend $1500 on a gun to take it to a class or that being proud that they can only make a shot with a tricked out gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/lNoJoH_pOrIAAAAC/cartman-poop.gif

I’m not saying everyone needs to spend $2k+ on a tricked out gun in order to shoot well. I am saying I can spend $2k+ on a tricked out gun that makes it much easier to accomplish the same and even higher levels of performance, so why would I want to torture myself with a $500 plastic party popper with a staple gun trigger?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Bullshit. To say a top level USPSA shooter isn't talented because they can't also shoot skeet is absurd. Lots of the highest level people specialize and focus on the specific thing they are trying to excel at.
View Quote

That's not what we're talking about,  why do you keep trying to inject other sports?

A top uspsa shooter will make shots with a glock or 2011.  They are great shooters.  They aren't bragging they can't shoot a glock but can a 2011. They spent time and money on improving their shooting skill and not buying gear that hides their flaws.

Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Wasn't it Rob Leatham that got an overall win in the Nationals shooting single stack?  Even going up against other GMs that were shooting open.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm most familiar with PRS or precision rifle competitions in general whether that be legit PRS sanctioned matches or NRL matches or outlaw matches

In that sport, the top shooters could absolutely finish in the top 10% with whatever adequate gear you give them. It is competitive enough that the top shooters absolutely will not win without top shelf gear. To podium or be in the top 5%, then the skill and the gear both is needed. Shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#39]
More so all the options the design allows than the actual brand.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm most familiar with PRS or precision rifle competitions in general whether that be legit PRS sanctioned matches or NRL matches or outlaw matches

In that sport, the top shooters could absolutely finish in the top 10% with whatever adequate gear you give them. It is competitive enough that the top shooters absolutely will not win without top shelf gear. To podium or be in the top 5%, then the skill and the gear both is needed. Shouldn't be a difficult concept to understand.
View Quote

I was talking to brasscrossedrifles about that. They will go through about three $750-$800 barrels per SEASON. Freaking nuts. $2,400 in just barrels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was talking to brasscrossedrifles about that. They will go through about three $750-$800 barrels per SEASON. Freaking nuts. $2,400 in just barrels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those barrels are still likely perfectly useable for the rest of us that aren't chasing tiny groups too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's not what we're talking about,  why do you keep trying to inject other sports?

A top uspsa shooter will make shots with a glock or 2011.  They are great shooters.  They aren't bragging they can't shoot a glock but can a 2011. They spent time and money on improving their shooting skill and not buying gear that hides their flaws.

View Quote

This was the comment that started this little sidebar rodeo
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if you keep it within handguns the fact that someone only shoots one gun and becomes the best at it doesn't mean it's not talent. It takes talent to become a GM and there are definitely GM's that can't shoot at GM level with every pistol made. They are still talented.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Even if you keep it within handguns the fact that someone only shoots one gun and becomes the best at it doesn't mean it's not talent. It takes talent to become a GM and there are definitely GM's that can't shoot at GM level with every pistol made. They are still talented.
View Quote
They're still going to shoot other pistols very well, even if not at the GM level.  I'd expect them to do fairly well in other disciplines too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep in mind that most guys will do things to mitigate this, like use cartridges that don't burn barrels quite as fast as 6 creed, or do a lot of practice and matches with either a .223 or .308 that is rigged up close or identical to their 6mm. This can also be accomplished with some guns that are relatively easy to change the barrels, with one gun.

But yeah there are also some guys that just hate money too.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Keep in mind that most guys will do things to mitigate this, like use cartridges that don't burn barrels quite as fast as 6 creed, or do a lot of practice and matches with either a .223 or .308 that is rigged up close or identical to their 6mm. This can also be accomplished with some guns that are relatively easy to change the barrels, with one gun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I had tons of money I would find some super flat 9000 cartridge that lasted one match but gave me an advantage
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If I had tons of money I would find some super flat 9000 cartridge that lasted one match but gave me an advantage
View Quote
So what could I do to get you in a 220 Swift today?  How much do you want to pay per month?  Do you have a trade-in?
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Translation: You're outright saying that it's YOU having spent the time and money making it harder for yourself and it burns you up that people are not doing it your way. There is no second place for losing a gunfight. Anyone buying gear to hIdE fLaWs (another translation: making it smarter and not harder that you frown upon) is using their brain on a 4D chessboard and not playing checkers with their ego in 1D.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This was the comment that started this little sidebar rodeo

View Quote

You're not going to be come the best at it because you had guns you couldn't shoot well because you had a shitty trigger press. You had to buy a good trigger to hide that fact.  

I don't know any GMs that can't shoot any handgun well.  But they make sure their skills are perfect, not masked

Good fundamentals work with any gun.  Shitty fundamentals can only be masked by good guns, but they are still shitty
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Erik Cortina doesn't practice or compete with a bare bones stock all factory rifle. In fact, none of his gear that supports this is cheap or basic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2023 6:18:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You're not going to be come the best at it because you had guns you couldn't shoot well because you had a shitty trigger press. You had to buy a good trigger to hide that fact.  

I don't know any GMs that can't shoot any handgun well.  But they make sure their skills are perfect, not masked

Good fundamentals work with any gun.  Shitty fundamentals can only be masked by good guns, but they are still shitty
View Quote

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top