Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well we are on a site that has half it's members deathly afraid of 40lbs dogs that kill 10X less people each year than ladders
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

So yeah...I'm that GD guy...
Well we are on a site that has half it's members deathly afraid of 40lbs dogs that kill 10X less people each year than ladders
Never seen a ladder let itself into the house from the garage, enter the baby's room then kill an infant.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When I want my ocean fix I’ll keep visiting south beach in Miami and call it good. No thanks to Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:57:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bet there are still people here saying there are safe parts of Mexico.
View Quote
This sounds like the typical "tourist goes and tries swimming in a death trap" problem.

Hawaii people know what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Mexico threads in GD are like gun threads on mommy forums.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If I want the "Mexico" experience I'll go to Belize. At least there is English Common Law in its favor.
View Quote
The short period of time I was in Belize city and the bus ride up for cave tubing on the mainland in Belize were far sketchier times than I've ever had in Mexico. Hell at the Lazy Lizard on Caye Caulker I'm pretty sure we hung out with a group of actual pirates.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:11:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I traveled all over the world for work, you can fucking have it.

I have no idea what causes this baffling mentality, but there's giant chunks of the world that are absolute shitholes. If you choose not to believe that, whatever I guess.
View Quote
And in some of those shithiles there are amazing historical sites that inspire awe when you see them in person.  And traveling to such places can put the lifestyle we enjoy into perspective.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I love a good Mexico thread. But this one wins just for the posters whose knowledge of human sex trafficking is from the movie “Taken.”
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:22:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you people plan on taking vacations to the fucking ghetto in large US cities?  There's no way any large metro area in the states, in the tourist areas, are worse than any place in Mexico.  Cops that you don't have to pay off show up if you need them, you can carry in a number of them, the cartels don't have all levels of government in their pockets, and you have English as a common language.  I've been to Mexico and will never set foot in that shit hole again.  Florida has beaches.
View Quote
US cities that are as dangerous as many Mexican tourist destinations even in the touristy areas include New Orleans, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Chicago, San Francisco.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:24:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love a good Mexico thread. But this one wins just for the posters whose knowledge of human sex trafficking is from the movie "Taken."
View Quote
More like "Touristas"  
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You would have had a better time in Grand Cayman
View Quote
I like grand cayman but for what a burger and a beer cost there I can eat for a week in Mexico or cover 1/3 of the all inclusive resorts daily rate.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:31:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"The resorts in Mexico are extremely safe" -GD goobers that know nothing about mehico.
View Quote
Unless it is a cover story by eyewitnesses: pretty sure you can get drunk and drown in the ocean anywhere, not just Mexico.

This is coming from a guy who wouldn't spend a dime at a 3rd world resort no matter how "good" it is or how cheap the tickets were.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:44:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ready to dodge knives and bullets.
View Quote
Dont forget the chainsaws and acid baths
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Best thing about vacationing in Mexico, besides the great scuba diving...knowing I won't run into any Arfcom basement dwellers!  
It's truly sad that the majority of the people posting in this thread are scared of their own shadow...probably because it's darker than them.  
In 10 days I'll be spending 2 weeks in Tulum and Cozumel in a private house with friends.  
I'll be diving in cenotes, hunting lionfish, and exploring one of the greatest reefs on the planet...and when I'm not in the water I'll be eating fantastic food and drinking quality bourbon and rum.
It's the life I choose to lead...
Enjoy your Fortnite and cheetos boys!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Best thing about vacationing in Mexico, besides the great scuba diving...knowing I won't run into any Arfcom basement dwellers!  
It's truly sad that the majority of the people posting in this thread are scared of their own shadow...probably because it's darker than them.  
In 10 days I'll be spending 2 weeks in Tulum and Cozumel in a private house with friends.  
I'll be diving in cenotes, hunting lionfish, and exploring one of the greatest reefs on the planet...and when I'm not in the water I'll be eating fantastic food and drinking quality bourbon and rum.
View Quote
His name was AllAlphas.

I call dibs on NVG.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I got arrested in Mexico over 30 years ago during a fake traffic stop while they fished for money. Put in jail until they found out I had a motorhome full of kids and did not have lots of cash. Scary for me big time.

I used to go to Rocky Point at least 10 times a year back then. Loved the people and food, Beaches were clean. Never went back after my arrest.

Still had to pay to get out of jail.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Congrats on going to a shit hole I guess?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Of course that's what you would say even if she was there.  Site Staff must investigate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just checked mine. Not there!
Of course that's what you would say even if she was there.  Site Staff must investigate.
It's the nature of the allegation that makes it so serious, right?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
so, what you're saying is, since it hasn't happened to you yet then it doesn't ever happen at all...
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I want my ocean fix I’ll keep visiting south beach in Miami and call it good. No thanks to Mexico.
View Quote
Shooting suspect in South Beach murder of Prada manager arrested in Miami

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I remember that, and then the local Miami government covered it up, and the police murdered all the witnesses and burned their corpses and buried them in a landfill.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What kind of female friend lets another female friend go out alone when it's a girls get away in mexico or any city that has a high crime rate.
View Quote
A drunk one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, people need to stop going to mexico, that place is a crime ridden s**thole.

I have no sympathy for idiots who travel to the middle east and other wore torn areas and get captured buy terrorist groups. I'm starting to not have sympathy for people who go to mexico.

Do you not read the news? Are you that blind to the world around you? I guess its true easy times make a weak a stupid society.

We all live in this bubble in the US and assume rest of the world is the same. Even Europe has serious dangers with their refugee and terrorist attacks. They have daily riots that dwarf our biggest riots.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:44:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Going to Cabo in January for a friends wedding. About 50 friends/family going. All staying at same resort. What are the odds I don't make it back?
View Quote
You will be fine. Nothing to worry about. Enjoy Cabo.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Never seen a ladder let itself into the house from the garage, enter the baby's room then kill an infant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Cozumel or Isla de las Mujeres....IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Something tells me that relationship was doomed anyway
View Quote
Yep - "girl's night out", "vacation with my girlfriends" are all code for "I wanna get drunk and drugged, and find some strange penis".
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

More proof pit owners have shit for brains.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can't wrap my mind around why people still want to vacation in these third world shitholes. Especially when we have so much to offer here. I have no sympathy.
View Quote
Same idiotic self-destructive urge that leads people to hike a poorly marked Iran-Iraq border, or go to North Korea and try to steal a poster.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:03:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you golf?  Cozumel course is fantastic, great people there.  I've got 2 months before Cozumel, can't wait.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:04:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The only reason there are cartels full of bad people is because of the war on drugs. I learned this here in GD. If we just make drugs legal, the cartels in Mexico will magically turn good, and won't kidnap, rape, torture and kill people anymore. Drugs are good, see?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself, but it must be so.
View Quote
If you could go to the liquor or weed store and get whatever you wanted, straight form the country of origin - how would the cartels make any money?

Economics much?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are probably ugly and poor looking and there isn't anyone that even wants to cut your head off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are many parts of Mexico that are safe to visit. Touristy and non-touristy.

I visited Mexico 6 times in 2018 and plenty of times before that as well.

I have camped in the forest, hiked in the mountains, hitchhiked to get to the beach, wandered city streets at 3am, stayed in fleabag motels, visited isolated small towns, and met many new people in Mexico.

I've been to Juarez and Tapachula and dozens of places in between.

Never had a problem in Mexico.
You are probably ugly and poor looking and there isn't anyone that even wants to cut your head off.
Lol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tapachula is way, way better than Juarez.  The Mex border towns next to the US are far sketchier.  Tapachula is a jewel in comparison.  Puerto Rico (yes, the US island) is a crime cesspool in comparison.
View Quote
I was actually surprised how nice Juarez was. I had a great time there. Yes, Tapachula is a bit nicer, but Tapachula is unbearably hot, even after sunset.

My favorite places to visit in Mexico though are Mexico City and random small towns.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One thing I've learned from ar15 is never take travel advice from the inbreds here.

When I went to England you all had me believing that it was a war torn Afghanistan.

Im going to Mexico in February and it will be fine.
View Quote
Calling dibs on guns and optics.  Some else can have the ammo fort.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you people plan on taking vacations to the fucking ghetto in large US cities?  There's no way any large metro area in the states, in the tourist areas, are worse than any place in Mexico.  Cops that you don't have to pay off show up if you need them, you can carry in a number of them, the cartels don't have all levels of government in their pockets, and you have English as a common language.  I've been to Mexico and will never set foot in that shit hole again.  Florida has beaches.
View Quote
Plus haven't seen murder victims hanging from the freeway overpasses in Florida.

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Like in Miami

And Illinois

And Texas and Louisianna

And Mississippi

And Ohio, but at least the dude was already dead

California

Cutting off heads isn't just a Mexican thing. Pretty sure it happens in every state in the U.S.
View Quote
Strange - I haven't noticed any headless corpses hanging from the interstate overpasses hereabouts - is THAT a "Mexican thing"?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#36]
It's a third world country. In third world countires life is cheap - if you're there, so is yours.

I am not an expert on Mexico but I would also imagine some of the locals might bear some amount of animosity towards Americans, which would tend to make them targets.

Bear these things in mind and behave accordingly.

Getting drunk or stoned and wandering around in dangerous areas of third world countries is foolhardy and a good way to get killed - as we have seen over and over again, in third world countries everywhere (check out tourist deaths in Thailand, as an example). It's Darwin at work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"The resorts in Mexico are extremely safe" -GD goobers that know nothing about mehico.
View Quote
I warned someone about MX in GD once and was told that I'm light in the loafers and should stay in my mom's basement.

How wise they are ...........
Not a lot of fucks given.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:29:59 PM EDT
[#39]
People don't thing the sex and organ trade be like it is.  But it do!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you hear that I am in Mexico, call the FBI.  I've been kidnapped.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you hear that I am in Mexico, call the FBI.  I've been kidnapped.
O_P isn't trapped in Mexico with them, the Mexicans are trapped in there with HIM!!!
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Strange - I haven't noticed any headless corpses hanging from the interstate overpasses hereabouts - is THAT a "Mexican thing"?
View Quote
If you have to hang them by their feet due to headlessness that's called 'dangling'.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
His name was AllAlphas.

I call dibs on NVG.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His name was AllAlphas.

I call dibs on NVG.
Shoulda' called dibs on all the transferables...quit thinkin' small!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#43]
... in my youth, I spent many days and mucho cash in Mexico. Not anymore. We just got home from Hawaii last week and I'm happy to pay for my ocean-lifestyle there opposed to South America these days
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
... in my youth, I spent many days and mucho cash in Mexico. Not anymore. We just got home from Hawaii last week and I'm happy to pay for my ocean-lifestyle there opposed to South America these days
View Quote
Mexico is in South America?

Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congrats on living in Ohio I guess?    
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There are... NEW Mexico.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are... NEW Mexico.
Not anymore. Liberal stronghold now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
culturally, it sure as shit is closer to South America than North America
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
so, what you're saying is, since it hasn't happened to you yet then it doesn't ever happen at all...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No...what I'm saying is I'm about to have a fantastic vacation in Mexico. I'll be hanging out with great friends, and making new ones, while eating incredible food and diving in one of the best locations in the Caribbean.
And the odds of me having any issues at all are so infinitesimally small as to be laughable because I'm a smart traveler and I don't go out of my way to piss people off or wander into shitty areas.  Just like here in the states.
There's hundreds of thousands of tourists in Mexico as we speak and virtually all of them are having a great time.
Stop letting the media and their sensationalism scare you into living under a rock.  The world is a fun place to explore.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Do you golf?  Cozumel course is fantastic, great people there.  I've got 2 months before Cozumel, can't wait.
View Quote
Not a golfer...I'm there to dive, dive, dive.  And eat.  And drink...  
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently geography, much like traveling outside the states, is terrifying to some.  
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top