Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Annual party on Saturday (tech company), I told her that I wanted her to go. She said she didn’t want to if it would end late and said she’d go if we left by 10pm the latest. I said that’s unlikely and asked if she would stay out later. She said I should go out, have fun, and in a joking way (I thought) said she’d be angry at me for going out late

She had my location and I was texting her every 30min or so. She went out as well until midnight, and stopped texting me for 2 hours. I get back home from hanging out with a bunch of dude coworkers at 330AM, text her goodnight, and now today she won’t talk to me because I was “out so late”and that I disrespected her wishes to an event she didn’t even go to (after I said I wanted her to)

Wise old men of GD, what is the answer here?

Some additional context, I don’t really go out late very often, and I typically prioritize spending time with her and see her 3-5x a week
View Quote

You’ve made many mistakes. Sharing your location with her is one. Checking in every 30-minutes is another. She’s not your parent. She’s not even your wife.

She’s being immature and controlling. Soft next her. No texts or calls from you until she changes her attitude.

If by next Monday ( a week) she hasn’t fixed her shitty attitude you can send a text. Something simple like “how was your weekend”

She needs some competition anxiety in her life, give it to her.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bang her sister and send her pics
View Quote

Better

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Another one of these threads...

Pics of gf?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
trust is the cornerstone of any relationship...if it ain't there the relationship is doomed.....eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Annual party on Saturday (tech company), I told her that I wanted her to go. She said she didn’t want to if it would end late and said she’d go if we left by 10pm the latest. I said that’s unlikely and asked if she would stay out later. She said I should go out, have fun, and in a joking way (I thought) said she’d be angry at me for going out late

She had my location and I was texting her every 30min or so. She went out as well until midnight, and stopped texting me for 2 hours. I get back home from hanging out with a bunch of dude coworkers at 330AM, text her goodnight, and now today she won’t talk to me because I was “out so late”and that I disrespected her wishes to an event she didn’t even go to (after I said I wanted her to)

Wise old men of GD, what is the answer here?

Some additional context, I don’t really go out late very often, and I typically prioritize spending time with her and see her 3-5x a week
View Quote

Go dark for a few days. Send no texts, make no calls.  Don't go sucking her ass to make her happy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm 33 she's 28

She's been caring less and checked out compared to normal, upset with me for not doing what she wants to do more (then when I asked her what she couldn't give me an example). If she cheated on me that is what it is, I'm a little checked out at this point myself
View Quote
Give your balls a tug titfucker.

JFC
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’m getting this feeling. She’s been the most caring and loyal (I believe) girlfriend I’ve been with but I’m just seeing a ton of warning flags lately that have me concerned
View Quote

By all means ignore those red flags and put a baby in her, lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You're not a child and don't need a curfew.

Tell her to grow up.  She was cheated on in the past, boo fucking hoo.  She needs therapy not riding your ass over bull shit.
View Quote

I agree with this. I said she’s being too controlling, she said she wasn’t. I said her pushing like that is what makes people cheat because they’re too weak to just break up with her, and that I wouldn’t be a cheater. Obviously that went well
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#9]
So if she goes out with you she wants to be in by 10:00.  If she goes out without you she doesn’t come home until midnight.  Make it make sense.  

Eject
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:33:43 PM EDT
[#10]
You two have a promising future together that is surely not going to end in several more of these threads.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I'm out because I don't want her to be concerned. Too much I'm sure
View Quote
Been married for over 20 years and the only time she's asked where I am is when she's coming to meet me somewhere.
Quoted:

Never tell them where you are or how much you make.
View Quote
Listen to this man.. there is wisdom in the above statement.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#12]
No way I’d be in a relationship where you have to attach apple tags to each other.  If she is that insecure it’s likely she been the cheater as well as the cheated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Lmao I do miss this. I needed an anonymous reality check. Thanks broskis
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Does she periodically have bad breath?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck.  Her.

Either you're in charge or she is.

Never let her be in charge.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s why you don’t stick it all the way in.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wait, you voluntarily let her have your location?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Pimp hand, you are setting a precedence, don't be her bitch.
Stand firm, ignore her childish demands.
If your a trust worthy guy tell her to get over it.
Firm now will save you years of grief.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She's testing you and you're failing.

Don't be fazed by it.
View Quote

100%!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I agree with this. I said she’s being too controlling, she said she wasn’t. I said her pushing like that is what makes people cheat because they’re too weak to just break up with her, and that I wouldn’t be a cheater. Obviously that went well
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not a child and don't need a curfew.

Tell her to grow up.  She was cheated on in the past, boo fucking hoo.  She needs therapy not riding your ass over bull shit.

Stop trying to have a logical conversation with an emotional being. You want to change her mind you have to change how she feels not how she thinks. Soft next her
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#24]
She's letting you know exactly how she feels and what the future with her is going to be like. You have a decision to make.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#25]
She fucked something else that night in anticipation revenge for just knowing you were up to no good- like every other man she's been with.

She knew they all cheated, so she probably pre-emptively cheats now just to retain her "power."

After all, control freaks have to be in control.

Eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]
You wanted her to go. She didn't want to. You went in direction A. She went in direction B. You were on the grid, she was off. She was out later than what she offered to you WHILE she was off grid.......

I'm sorry to be the one that has to tell you this but I only do so to look out for ya......She scrogged someone else and is mad at you to make herself feel less guilty. Time to pop smoke before she meets the rest of the department she's working at.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:07 PM EDT
[#27]
What issues are you having right now.

multiply those issues by 10. That is what you are in for.

At least you know now before you get married.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#29]
https://youtu.be/cGYM8PpLwbk

Here's your answer!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you ejected already, OP?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#31]
She is going to shit on your pillow. Mark my words.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#32]
It’s very possible she’s a control freak who wants you to submit to her idea of who you should be and that is simply someone who does everything with her happiness as your primary goal.

If that’s the case, do you want the rest of your life to be spent making a woman happy no matter what you have to give up to do so, because you have to in order to have any semblance of peace in your life? If not, it’s time to move on.

It’s also possible there is more to the story. Something like: she gives up much for you while you give up little for her and she really wanted you to do this for her and since you didn’t, she feels disrespected again and is tired of your crap.

Only you can know which it is.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope. Bye Felicia.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Childish bullshit
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Eject. I can't believe you check in every half hour. Is she your mom?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Trust and respect are the kinds of things healthy relationships are built on.  

As both of those are apparently in short supply,  your relationship is on shaky ground whether you care to admit it or not.  

Take ownership of things and tell her how it's going to be...in a calm and understanding manner.  If you don't she may stick around but she doesn't/won't respect you, and that's nowhere you want to be.  

Use this moment to change or walk...don't go back with your tail between your legs, and whatever you do , don't apologize.

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#38]
https://youtu.be/cGYM8PpLwbk

Here's your answer!

Damn, beat like a rented Ho!
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, she just put you to a test and did not like the results.
You can expect more of this.

Communication and expectations need to be on the same page.
After three years, you should be on the same page.
If you think you are on th same page and this is just an anomaly then so be it, let her pout.
Otherwise there is something not working in this relationship and you have a choice to make.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Honestly life is too short to be unhappy. Your still young go find someone else.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You’ve made many mistakes. Sharing your location with her is one. Checking in every 30-minutes is another. She’s not your parent. She’s not even your wife.

She’s being immature and controlling. Soft next her. No texts or calls from you until she changes her attitude.

If by next Monday ( a week) she hasn’t fixed her shitty attitude you can send a text. Something simple like “how was your weekend”

View Quote

JFC.  I had to Google that.  So glad I'm not in the current dating scene.

OP's story sounds like a minor version of "when assholes collide."

People trying to control other people is a red flag.  Find the underlying cause, address it, or eject.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So she told you 10 at the latest then stayed out til midnight?  Fuck that.

I fucking hate hypocrites.
View Quote

These are the phrases that stuck out to me as well.  

She's not going to be any less controlling (I don't have whiteboard out how she was trying to control you earlier, do I?) if you put a ring on her, OP.

This is not a good trend, OP.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Women hate it when you have fun. Always downplay any fun you have when talking about the shit you did with your friends.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Bang her sister mom and send her pics
View Quote

ETA: callgood beat me with the video
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Eject
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
trust is the cornerstone of any relationship...if it ain't there the relationship is doomed.....eject.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It’s very possible she’s a control freak who wants you to submit to her idea of who you should be and that is simply someone who does everything with her happiness as your primary goal.

If that’s the case, do you want the rest of your life to be spent making a woman happy no matter what you have to give up to do so, because you have to in order to have any semblance of peace in your life? If not, it’s time to move on.

It’s also possible there is more to the story. Something like: she gives up much for you while you give up little for her and she really wanted you to do this for her and since you didn’t, she feels disrespected again and is tired of your crap.

Only you can know which it is.
View Quote

Well said
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

People trying to control other people is a red flag.  Find the underlying cause, address it, or eject.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How was I an asshole?

But fair
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, you voluntarily let her have your location?

She was cheated on in the past so I give her my location when I’m out because I don’t want her to be concerned. Too much I’m sure

Trust it goes both ways and you have it or you don’t.
You dont have it and giving her your location does nothing to address her lingering past or build trust between you.
You go out and she trusts you.  Giving her your location is enabling her mistrust.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Do you go out late 1-2 times per weeks and she isn’t really interested in that?

My GF has a groups of girlfriends she hangs with every other week.  I don’t think twice about worrying what she is going to do.  If I was worried about it I would eject.  I also don’t feel the need to hang out with her friends every time she goes out.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top