Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread here when this first started. The thread got memory holed most likely due to a potential Arocking.

I think Big Army was actually looking to find identities and start Article 15 actions for violation of gag orders.

The original females did NOT pass by any previous standard. I don’t suspect any of the recent ones did either.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Right, pit one of them against a 200ish lb male Ranger and see which one gets destroyed in a fight. Hell take any regular infantry, Field Artillerymen or Tanker male of average weight and size whose done level I and II combative certification and they'll probably kick her butt too.

Wish the powers that be would stop pushing this political garbage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you trust them along side of you in a close combat situation?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rambIinwreck:
Would you trust them along side of you in a close combat situation?
View Quote

Hell no!

I have been taking fire while myself and others in my unit were retrieving our armor (COP getting sprayed down) and we all being male field artillerymen were just hustling to get our gear on and on the wall to return fire, there was a female from finance that flew in for some crap who was on a hesco wall crying about how she wasn't even supposed to be there. The sergeant of hers was yelling for us to get up against the hesco, i laughed while running past them yelling I got places to be. (Of which several of us had to run through the open to get to, myself included)
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#5]
If they can pass on the exact same standard set for the males, then fine. i tend to believe thats not happening however, i tend to believe they get LOADS of special treatment, and without that special treatment / relaxed standards you would RARELY see any female pass ranger school, much less this flood of them we are now seeing.

also. even IF a woman CAN perform as well as the man standing beside her in a combat unit like infantry / sf etc.... the bullshit she brings along with her such as eo / sexual harrassment / needing special treatment, showers, and the effect it has on the men around her and such out weighs any contribution she might offer by 10x.

if women are so awesome at this, fine, make 100% female staffed infantry units / ranger squads, etc and let them deploy and do it all themselves / prove they are as good. except that cant happen as 50% of the unit ( or more ) would magically become pregnant and never deploy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:47:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Would you trust them along side of you in a close combat situation? any combat situation?
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
If they can pass on the exact same standard set for the males, then fine. i tend to believe thats not happening however, i tend to believe they get LOADS of special treatment, and without that special treatment / relaxed standards you would RARELY see any female pass ranger school, much less this flood of them we are now seeing. 

also. even IF a woman CAN perform as well as the man standing beside her in a combat unit like infantry / sf etc.... the bullshit she brings along with her such as eo / sexual harrassment / needing special treatment, showers, and the effect it has on the men around her and such out weighs any contribution she might offer by 10x. 

if women are so awesome at this, fine, make 100% female staffed infantry units / ranger squads, etc and let them deploy and do it all themselves / prove they are as good. except that cant happen as 50% of the unit ( or more ) would magically become pregnant and never deploy.
View Quote

I'd personally be okay with an all female unit, though I still think it's a bad idea.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

That was part of it.

I was there a few classes ahead and had a buddy in that class. I have friends who knew the deceased.

IIRC:
They got dropped off on a non-standard drop off.
They started moving through water that was 4 feet deep or so and when they had to go admin and move to high ground, they didnt know how deep it was to move east and get out of the water.
Dodge and Sansoucie were studs who had gone straight through up to that point and were very run down and had lost a lot of weight.  Guys who had gone straight through got hit the hardest.

The changes:
They put a ton of repeaters and comms retrans tech in that part of the training area.
They had to put lights in trees to improve limited vis helo operations.
The standards for water depth at the drop offs were now go/no-go criteria and IIRC they had to recon the routes before each patrol so there were no surprises if there was a medical emergency.

It may have changed more, later, but the changes in 1994 werent super controversial.

My recollection is that the ground is sortof flat with dips and such until you hit high ground, and if there is recent flooding not having a recon of the depth along the route really was the issue.

YMMV
View Quote

Thanks @CharlieR That's a lot of good info.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 11B2V_Mike:

Sewing your tab on with white thread for the winter Ranger school grads has been a thing way before I got mine.  05-01
View Quote

Sewing your tab on with white thread for winter Ranger school grads has been a thing way before I got mine, in 1985.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#10]
It was my classmate Capt Milton Palmer who died of hypothermia. He was a great guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Balista:
It was my classmate Capt Milton Palmer who died of hypothermia. He was a great guy.
View Quote

I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm sure he was a great American.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Would you trust them along side of you in a close combat situation?
View Quote

Not a fucking chance.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay. IF they are so Hotel Sierra, then, how about take the LOT OF THEM, full LRRP gear and DROP them off in, oh, I don't know... Maybe somewhere "fun" like Iran, or maybe Pick-a-place-in-Africa and tell them "See you in 2 weeks over at XYZ, 0300." Place bets on the "made it" crew?
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone with a Tab and two brain cells to rub together knows these dopey chicks got an easy "go" because that's what the "leadership" wanted.  Fuck them.  They cheapen the hardship that Men have had to endure to earn that little piece of black and gold cloth.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#18]

That was awesome.

Norway:

"I don't think you should view it as the girls are gonna do the exact same as the guys. They are not going to win hand-to-hand combat, but most of the time we use guns and a lot of the time they shoot better than the guys.

Canada:

“The old 13 km march left soldiers with sore feet and aching joints and not fit to fight. So what we looked at over the years, is: what is it that we're going to be doing in our future land environments, and make a test that's relevant." This led to a redefinition for everyone. Unlike the Norwegians, who helped women train to male standards, the Canadians used the changing nature of warfare to research and redefine optimal and more holistic fitness regimes for all in a 21st century context, including both physical and mental health. The benefit becomes a healthier, more sustainable and potentially more gender balanced force.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#19]

That was awesome.

Norway:

Canada:

View Quote

NATO has been on a “we need more female generals” kick for the last few years. No offense to Canadians but none of their female artillery or infantry soldiers in RS South  were cited for valor the entire time Canada was in Afghanistan. 1 of their female Captains was awarded the equivalent of a BSM for meritorious service but lots of US personnel are. None of the other NATO partners has cited any of their female members for valor either
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#21]

That was awesome.

Norway:

Canada:

View Quote

NATO has been on a “we need more female generals” kick for the last few years. No offense to Canadians but none of their female artillery or infantry soldiers in RS South  were cited for valor the entire time Canada was in Afghanistan. 1 of their female Captains was awarded the equivalent of a BSM for meritorious service but lots of US personnel are. None of the other NATO partners has cited any of their female members for valor either
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:57:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:36:07 AM EDT
[#24]

When I went through IOBC, the grading was generally:

1. written tests
2. subjective leadership evaluations
3. PT test

Number one is possible, two is whatever they want it to be, and three Im sure was different gender standards.  The top LTs in IOBC were 11:30 two mile, 100 push up 100 situp type guys.

At least the poor souls in that class understand how the game was played.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
A woman graduating No.1 from Infantry OBC says less about her and more about either (1) shitty male infantry LTs, (2) weak IOBC standards, or (3) both.

I cannot imagine being a new Infantry 2LT arriving at his first unit and being hit with “you were in THAT IOBC class? You got beat by a girl?”

When I went through IOBC, the grading was generally:

1. written tests
2. subjective leadership evaluations
3. PT test

Number one is possible, two is whatever they want it to be, and three Im sure was different gender standards.  The top LTs in IOBC were 11:30 two mile, 100 push up 100 situp type guys.

At least the poor souls in that class understand how the game was played.

11:30 two mile is pretty good. My best is 12:00 during my 6 years of wrestling. I'd think if I wasn't smoking cigarettes at the time that 11:30 would have been possible.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:57:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Veccio:
Why are the bitches that are 100% for this BS always so fkin ugly?
View All Quotes

maybe they never learned how to get by on their looks, and thus decided to compete on accomplishments instead of beauty?

I don't have a problem with women attending those schools -- as long as the standards aren't lowered for them and they aren't given 6 months of train-up to make sure they complete it successfully just so some generals can kiss female Congressperson ass.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#26]

maybe they never learned how to get by on their looks, and thus decided to compete on accomplishments instead of beauty?

I don't have a problem with women attending those schools -- as long as the standards aren't lowered for them and they aren't given 6 months of train-up to make sure they complete it successfully just so some generals can kiss female Congressperson ass.
View Quote

The 2020 Pentagon report reviewing female performance since opening combat arms has quietly been shelved. By the end of 2021 I’m going to start holding Trump responsible given his only anti SJW effort to date has been about recruiting transgender personnel. I’ve figured his first term was mainly about the economy and fending off perpetual impeachments. If re-elected and after Coronavirus issues dies down I’ll be expecting him to dedicate some energy to unfucking the DoD
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

The 2020 Pentagon report reviewing female performance since opening combat arms has quietly been shelved. By the end of 2021 I’m going to start holding Trump responsible given his only anti SJW effort to date has been about recruiting transgender personnel. I’ve figured his first term was mainly about the economy and fending off perpetual impeachments. If re-elected and after Coronavirus issues dies down I’ll be expecting him to dedicate some energy to unfucking the DoD
View All Quotes

maybe they never learned how to get by on their looks, and thus decided to compete on accomplishments instead of beauty?

I don't have a problem with women attending those schools -- as long as the standards aren't lowered for them and they aren't given 6 months of train-up to make sure they complete it successfully just so some generals can kiss female Congressperson ass.

The 2020 Pentagon report reviewing female performance since opening combat arms has quietly been shelved. By the end of 2021 I’m going to start holding Trump responsible given his only anti SJW effort to date has been about recruiting transgender personnel. I’ve figured his first term was mainly about the economy and fending off perpetual impeachments. If re-elected and after Coronavirus issues dies down I’ll be expecting him to dedicate some energy to unfucking the DoD

I'm not a fan of women in combat arms.  At all.  Too little strength, too much drama -- even if they bring no drama to the table, some of the men will cause drama over their efforts to get their attention.

Putting women in combat arms does nothing but hurt unit cohesion and effectiveness, but the SJWs don't want to talk about that...
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#28]
IDF has done a good job so far.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

High levels of testosterone
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Not reading the propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Marine bikinis suck
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#32]

I'm not a fan of women in combat arms.  At all.  Too little strength, too much drama -- even if they bring no drama to the table, some of the men will cause drama over their efforts to get their attention.

Putting women in combat arms does nothing but hurt unit cohesion and effectiveness, but the SJWs don't want to talk about that...
View Quote

Pandering to suburban soccer Moms is going to cost us in the next major conflict {the Army’s 2028 vision} and given women very unlikely to be drafted thatvwill probably go unnoticed by these women Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#33]
What's a "scout swimmer"?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#34]
So the extremely physically exceptional woman can accomplish what better than average men can do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GGF:
What's a "scout swimmer"?
View Quote

https://www.dvidshub.net/video/416831/scout-swimmer Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
IDF has done a good job so far.
View Quote

IDF can literally commute to the front line from their houses, doesn't do long deployments.....and still doesn't 1:1 their female and male infantrymen.  There's a reason the Caracal Battalion (the mixed-gender infantry battalion) and the other battalion whose name I can't remember are both essentially border guard units, and nowhere near the major conflict zones.

EDIT: Remembered them! The other two mixed-gender battalions are the "Lions of Jordan" and "Cheetah" battalions.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Swampgrass:

11:30 two mile is pretty good. My best is 12:00 during my 6 years of wrestling. I'd think if I wasn't smoking cigarettes at the time that 11:30 would have been possible.
View Quote

Pretty good??

Under APFT (male 17-21), a 13:40 was 90/100 points, and if I have the correct numbers for ACFT, 13:30 2-mile is now 100/100.

I don't know what percentile it is among all takers, but anything sub-13:00 is outstanding.

Let's be honest: Combat Arms may have 300/300 set for themselves as a matter of pride or before being allowed to attend schools or whatever, but plenty of people have eked out a 240 after a rough weekend, or a 270 because that was all that was really required at the time.

And if you looked outside Combat Arms?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Yup, I don't care if they're ugly, I care that they can meet or exceed the standard without any undue influence from the chain of command.

However, the number of ladies either 1) interested, or 2) able to do so, is so small it's not worth the effort.

And if you do have a handful of psycho ninja 'Merican Black Widows waiting in the wings, why the f**k would we waste that kind of resource by conducting raids and ambushes with them? We've got 17-21 year old dudes lined up around the block to do that shit. And respect to those guys, but you've got way more bodies to put into the top of that funnel to get what you need. That simple fact is what makes it clear it is really all about gender politics, rather than combat effectiveness, and it's shameful some in uniform appear willing to lie about it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Pretty good?? 

Under APFT (male 17-21), a 13:40 was 90/100 points, and if I have the correct numbers for ACFT, 13:30 2-mile is now 100/100.

I don't know what percentile it is among all takers, but anything sub-13:00 is outstanding.

Let's be honest: Combat Arms may have 300/300 set for themselves as a matter of pride or before being allowed to attend schools or whatever, but plenty  of people have eked out a 240 after a rough weekend, or a 270 because that was all that was really required at the time.

And if you looked outside Combat Arms? 
View Quote

12:06 I think was my best, had an APFT scheduled the morning following a 20 miler the previous day one time and CSM tore into me for my 18 minute score after I watched him pencil in his own score
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Discolite:
Okay.......so?

A few women (some of whom have children so at least they aren’t man-hating) passed a rigorous course. 

What’s the problem?

If they really want to take a 3 month class with no showers, catching trenchfoot, pissing and shitting outdoors, and get eaten alive by skeeters in Florida and all then have at it. 

There will probably never be a major world war again fought conventionally and the dudes that failed, simply failed. They ran, they marched, they put in the work, and are still a super small minority where other women could try to go if they wanted to and they don’t want to. 

Not seeing the issue not how this is yet one more Angry White Male fear of the West crumbling. 

View Quote

*passed a course and not allowed to fail.  passed a course which has had its rigorous standards dumbed down so that nearly anyone could pass it.
passed a course who has had its instructional cadre "taken to the woodshed" one too many times and read the riot act.    passed a course with specially selected instructional cadre.

Let's call it what it is/was.   Our military is weaker and shittier for it as well.  Allowing politicians to fuck around and play social experiments with our military should be fucking regarded as
treason. Pure and simple.

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By stampkolektor:
IDF has done a good job so far.
View Quote

Tell me about the women in their Special operation units.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#42]

12:06 I think was my best, had an APFT scheduled the morning following a 20 miler the previous day one time and CSM tore into me for my 18 minute score  after I watched him pencil in his own score
View Quote

When I was in FA Bn there was a CPT who was absolutely shitty at every aspect of his job but because his APFT was always 300 and he ran a sub 6 min mile battalion looked the other way and kept promoting him {CA ARNG unit}
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By guntrk:

Pure 100% Propaganda.

Don't believe a fucking word that cunt writes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#44]
At this point they might as well make ranger school online school.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
At this point they might as well make ranger school online school.
View Quote

Or a video game
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#46]
@Carmelbythesea:

Your OP said one chick was top of her class in IBOC? Is that Army equivalent of Marine IOC?

Anyone know if there are any female Corpsman assigned to FMF Infantry units yet? That is what worries me the most.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dedreckon:
@Carmelbythesea:

Your OP said one chick was top of her class in IBOC? Is that Army equivalent of Marine IOC?

View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#48]

When I was in FA Bn there was a CPT who was absolutely shitty at every aspect of his job but because his APFT was always 300 and he ran a sub 6 min mile battalion looked the other way and kept promoting him {CA ARNG unit}
View Quote

Yeah man anyone who puts out a 300, much less passing APFT, in the guard can basically walk on water
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

lol

Not really.
View Quote

But sexy pics Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top