Hey, is that Keanu Reeves? ETA LOL nope

The S&W Bodyguard 2.0 is smaller than you think
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack_Rackham:
I don't need another gun.
View Quote

The correct number of guns is N+1 where N is the number of guns you currently own.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

I say the same thing. Purchase after purchase.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:
Originally Posted By Jack_Rackham:
I don't need another gun.

I say the same thing. Purchase after purchase.

It's part of the American gun owning experience
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an LCP Max and it's pretty good for its role, but a lot of these reviews are reporting that the BG2.0 noticeably easier to shoot. Both in terms of felt recoil, and because the grip gives you a bit more to hold on to. I'm at least going to try to rent one and see what I think.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn arfcom costing me $. One on the way. Called a handful of local places trying to get one, well, locally. Either nope with no idea on arrival, or I don’t know what that is answers.

I was just about to snag one of the stainless lcp max, but looks like this one will be a winner
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 84bthomas:
Damn arfcom costing me $. One on the way. Called a handful of local places trying to get one, well, locally. Either nope with no idea on arrival, or I don’t know what that is answers.

I was just about to snag one of the stainless lcp max, but looks like this one will be a winner
View Quote

Where did you get it? Mine was suppose to get to my ffl tomorrow but its delayed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see one in 32ACP.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:20:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I handled one of these yesterday and I’ll be buying one as soon as holsters are available for them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#9]
Originally Posted By hiih8r:
I handled one of these yesterday and I’ll be buying one as soon as holsters are available for them.
View Quote

Although carrying one of these OWB is IMO somewhat silly Stealth Operator now has a micro-compact holster that fits multiple brands of micro-pistols including the G42.

I have a larger one for my REX Delta M and it works great.

https://stealthoperator.com/products/new-micro-compact-holster

I would guess that at some point they'll introduce same in an IWB version. ETA they do
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wheel:
This really is an upgrade to the original Bodyguard 380.
It's 20% lighter, yet holds four more rounds.
The only question in my mind is the trigger.  Old one was hammer fired, this one is striker.
I got to like the hammer, it gives second strike capability, and like a revolver has a heavy pull so it's very safe for pocket carry.

View Quote

It looks 20% bigger too though which is a negative. The old grip with flat bottom magazine is small.
Wish they kept original size dimensions beside thickness to accommodate more rounds
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

Where did you get it? Mine was suppose to get to my ffl tomorrow but its delayed.
View Quote

Impactguns, just re-checked and the website is now showing 8-10 biz days, so we’ll see how soon it actually goes
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Although carrying one of these OWB is IMO somewhat silly Stealth Operator now has a micro-compact holster that fits multiple brands of micro-pistols including the G42.

I would guess that at some point they'll introduce same in an IWB version.
View Quote

Zero interest in that. I don’t even carry full size guns with lights and RDS OWB.

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until G-Code, Tenicor and others start dropping high quality IWB holsters for them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Zero interest in that. I don’t even carry full size guns with lights and RDS OWB.

I’m sure it’s only a matter of time until G-Code, Tenicor and others start dropping high quality IWB holsters for them.
View All Quotes

I would guess that at some point they'll introduce same in an IWB version.

Muddy River Tactical has IWB holsters listed for the BG 2.0
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By dinlong:

View Quote

Never heard of them. I don’t buy holsters from no name company’s that don’t have a well established reputation. I’ve gotten plenty of holsters that I didn’t like for one reason or another and you can’t give them away for the cost of shipping when they’re no names. With a known holster maker for a common firearm you can at least recoup half of your money back if you don’t like it. I’ve also had a lot more holsters from the no name company’s that I’ve disliked than the others.

There’s basically 3 kydex holster companies I buy from at this point, and none of them are making holsters for it yet.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife had the original, we both hated it.

This one looks like a major improvement.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Seeing it next to a Glock 42 is pretty amazing , as far as what you get more of with the S&W. I love my Shield 2.0 Plus and will have to add one of these to the stall eventually.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
BTW does anyone know if this is made in Alcoa?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Is this a blowback or tilt barrel?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I handled one today at the local when I was picking up a transfer.  Oh yea, I'll be buying when they get a few more in.  My only 380 right now is a G42, and I love it, but for the past few years I have been looking at the Max but could never commit.  This is a for sure for me.  Felt outstanding even though it was so small.  I'm not a big guy and the G42 it at the absolute edge of what I can pocket carry.  This will fit that bill nicely.  If Alabama Holsters ever lists it I'll probably get a pocket holster from them.

As far as IWB kydex holsters I am a huge fan of Muddy River Tactical.  Much prefer them to the Vedder's I own (when it comes to leather I'm a Ryan Grizzle guy).
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 3:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dinlong] [#20]

Never heard of them. I don’t buy holsters from no name company’s that don’t have a well established reputation. I’ve gotten plenty of holsters that I didn’t like for one reason or another and you can’t give them away for the cost of shipping when they’re no names. With a known holster maker for a common firearm you can at least recoup half of your money back if you don’t like it. I’ve also had a lot more holsters from the no name company’s that I’ve disliked than the others.

There’s basically 3 kydex holster companies I buy from at this point, and none of them are making holsters for it yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dinlong:

You not being familiar with them doesn't make them a "no name company". They've been around for years and are well regarded. (ETA: See the post above this one)

I have holsters from them for probably 10 different guns, they have all been great. Their basic buffalo hide IWB is one of the most comfortable holsters I've found (and I have piles of holsters that haven't made the cut).
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:48:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Lakemoor:
Is this a blowback or tilt barrel?
View Quote

Tilt
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:56:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#22]
Picked one up yesterday and won't have a chance to shoot for a few days.

Damn tiny.  Like LCP tiny.  And I'm only 5'7".

Grip is grippy but not as much as the M&P 2.0 line, not as shitty as the 1.0 line.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Local shop had one yesterday so I grabbed it.  

Bottom line, it is the exact same size as the LCP Max, except it is a smidge longer, but the hight and thickness is the same.  The grip you can get on the Bodyguard 2.0 is lightyears better than what you can get on the LCP Max.  The undercut trigger guard means I can get all three fingers of my main hand on the actual grip.  With the Max, my pinky hangs.  Just holding them in the hand you can tell immediately that it will shoot better than the Max and it is much easier to draw.

Also, the slide locks back on an empty mag where my Max does not.  

My holster from Muddy was ordered last night.

I absolutely think it's worth ditching the Max for the 2.0.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Are these available through the American Guardians program?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BigSky171:
Are these available through the American Guardians program?
View Quote

As of the current list, no. But that could change:

https://assets.contentstack.io/v3/assets/bltb61dcb3c40854cd9/blt823d874fe32af5f7/AG_SKU_LIST.pdf
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Just ordered one from Academy. Can't wait for the 9mm Shield version to hit the stores.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By patw:
Just ordered one from Academy. Can't wait for the 9mm Shield version to hit the stores.
View Quote

I think that happened in 2005
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

yeah the 9mm is the shield.  You can't put 9mm in this size package with the materials we're using today.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Snagged one today.  Mags are really stiff to insert loaded.  Hopefully will settle in.

Now to find holsters/spare mags and get some range time in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BigSky171:
Snagged one today.  Mags are really stiff to insert loaded.  Hopefully will settle in.

Now to find holsters/spare mags and get some range time in.
View Quote
I have had no luck finding spare mags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rbass:
BTW does anyone know if this is made in Alcoa?
View Quote

Maryville rollmarked.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:

yeah the 9mm is the shield.  You can't put 9mm in this size package with the materials we're using today.
View Quote

Almost wonder about 30 SC in it...but it's a bit longer than a 9mm round.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:45:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#33]

View Quote

Yeah my bad, I meant the Shield 2.0 Comp
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe 32 NAA although there is no support for that round. They could have purpose designed it around 30 SC but I don’t think we’ve seen a platform that has done that yet.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Londo] [#35]
Ordered one through PSA yesterday. No spare magazines are available anywhere for sale yet. I know it ships with two, but I am a six mags per gun kind of guy.

edit to add: Just picked up my new Bodyguard 2.0. Am very impressed with how it feels in the hand. Smith and Wesson looks to have produced a superior gun.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Just ordered, couldn't wait any longer  
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Found one at the local Range USA for $399.  They got 10 in yesterday.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sharps54:
Maybe 32 NAA although there is no support for that round. They could have purpose designed it around 30 SC but I don't think we've seen a platform that has done that yet.
View Quote
32ACP would be absolutely tits in this package.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Londo:
Ordered one through PSA yesterday. No spare magazines are available anywhere for sale yet. I know it ships with two, but I a six mags per gun kind of guy.
View Quote

Buy two more guns

Sell them

Keep the mags

Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I've owned two of these for a few weeks now. They are completely different from each other. One has a bad case of trigger slap. One shoots way left. One has a funny extra "clicks when pulling the trigger the other one dosent.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 10:58:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sharps54] [#41]
Originally Posted By SigZag:
I've owned two of these for a few weeks now. They are completely different from each other. One has a bad case of trigger slap. One shoots way left. One has a funny extra "clicks when pulling the trigger the other one dosent.
View Quote

That’s that famous S&W QC, the same reason a bunch of the Ultimate Carry J Frames have gone out screwed up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 3:58:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Mine won’t cycle all the way without a magazine inserted. What could cause that?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SigZag:
View Quote

Didn’t it just come out?
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jrod88:
Mine won’t cycle all the way without a magazine inserted. What could cause that?
View Quote

Mine’s going back. Firing pin block is locking up on the frame, it’ll only depress using the mag’s feed lips. . I can’t drop a magazine and clear the pistol, I have to keep the mag inserted and cycle the rounds out one by one.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like it may need some time for them to get the bugs worked out, more customer beta testers I guess. Kind of like the 365 intro. That ended up getting sorted out and is a great gun, let's hope this S&W does as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#46]
I went back to the LGS yesterday that had one to certify a form 4 and told myself I was going to buy it if it was still there. It had been sold, looks like I dodged some problems since I always manage to get the broken shit anyway.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Can anyone for a comparison in size to the bodyguard 1.0 and to a 365?
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 4:23:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked mine up and it is quite nice. Compared to the 42, the S&W is lighter, slimmer, sits higher in your hand as it has a larger beaver tail and has a better trigger. Next thing to do is to run it through it's paces.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By steve8140:
Can anyone for a comparison in size to the bodyguard 1.0 and to a 365?
View Quote

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-smith-wesson-m-p-bodyguard-380
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jrod88:

Mine's going back. Firing pin block is locking up on the frame, it'll only depress using the mag's feed lips. . I can't drop a magazine and clear the pistol, I have to keep the mag inserted and cycle the rounds out one by one.
View Quote
Mine is doing the exact same. It's going back for repair.
Page / 4
New Bodyguard 2.0 (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top