View Quote

Love the Athena. Super jealous
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JohnMH92:

Love the Athena. Super jealous
View Quote

That's my NYX.  Here's my Athena.  Those two guns really set me back on my gun funds.  But when you've reached the mountain top, where do you go from there?

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Stock sights cannot be seen with the Battlewerx cut and Holosun 407.  What are the most basic steel iron sight height that will have the u-notch clear the optic?  No tritium, perhaps white dot front only.  I'm looking hard at the Ameriglo set for $60
Edit: I see that on the Battlewerx order page they list the Ameriglo 2x height sights has having lower 1/3 cowitness, so that gives me a reference point.
View Quote

Lanbo's has ameriglo irons for >$40 with $10 shipping fyi
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TribunusSanGeorgii:

Lanbo's has ameriglo irons for >$40 with $10 shipping fyi
View Quote

$36.55

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=33447

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=51740
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody asking for an RMR from Santa?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 8:27:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Fooboy: Anybody asking for an RMR from Santa?
View Quote
Is anyone not asking for a Trijicon RMR (or two or three) from Santa?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Anybody asking for an RMR from Santa?
View Quote

I asked for (and got) Maple Leaf milling and Duty cut for my glock 17.5 flux PDW build. So kinda?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:22:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pleaforwar] [#10]

Went from interested in the concept to this within a year.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Make sure to you check your screw clearance, had to file mine down.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I am thinking seriously about selling my 48, which I rarely ever carry, and getting another 19.5 MOS. I already have four 19s but just the one MOS.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:49:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Razzman1] [#14]
Behold!  My poor-man's Staccato!

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Two is one...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:52:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 12/8/2021 9:56:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#19]
This fucking dot thing is starting to get more expensive than the gun part!

Had a CZ Shadow Lite with all the Cajun goodies that I shot in Production Division, back when Production was cool.  Now that Cary Optics is where it's at, I figured I'd get it cut.  Cajun did the work and supplied the plate.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 7:13:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Razzman1:

https://i.vgy.me/9RqZ8P.jpg

Had a CZ Shadow Lite with all the Cajun goodies that I shot in Production Division, back when Production was cool.  Now that Cary Optics is where it's at, I figured I'd get it cut.  Cajun did the work and supplied the plate.
View Quote
That's legit.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#21]

https://i.vgy.me/9RqZ8P.jpg

View Quote

That pitches the ol tent!
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#22]
This fucking dot thing is starting to get more expensive than the gun part!.
View Quote

Yep!

RM06 + shipping + milling & refinish = more than the dang gun!

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By samuse:

Yep!

RM06 + shipping + milling & refinish = more than the dang gun!

View Quote
Truth. I bought a blue label 43X for $358 an I  paid twice that for the RMRcc and slide milling/refinish/sights.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 1:56:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got my 17L back from having it milled. I had planned to keep the slide in the box as a xmas gift to myself...that lasted about 5 minutes before I tore the box open and started doing dryfire drills in the house.

Hoping to be able to hit the range this week and report back on how it shoots.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#25]
No thank you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:36:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#26]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Just got my 17L back from having it milled. I had planned to keep the slide in the box as a xmas gift to myself...that lasted about 5 minutes before I tore the box open and started doing dryfire drills in the house.

https://i.ibb.co/q1Zn5d0/Glock-17-L-Nameless-Armament-RDS-mill.jpg

View Quote
I really like the look of that with the longer stream light - you keep the width in line with the existing pistol profile while adding some weight up front to keep it flat shooting and getting illumination.

OEM barrel or KKM?

I need a range report!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Hockey tape FTMFW!
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I really like the look of that with the longer stream light - you keep the width in line with the existing pistol profile while adding some weight up front to keep it flat shooting and getting illumination.

OEM barrel or KKM?

I need a range report!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

OEM barrel or KKM?

I need a range report!

Thanks. I like the TLR9 as well. Aesthetically, but especially because it can use the 16650 rechargeable battery instead of the 2xCR123.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?46720-Streamlight-TLR-9-16650-Rechargeable-Pistol-WML

Its 4.52oz with the 16650, so does indeed help reduce muzzle rise, and then I have a 3oz brass 'Seattle Slug' by Taylor Freelance in the backstrap, which helps balance out the WML and further reduce muzzle rise. Overall a very mild shooting pistol.

I'm using the factory barrel. I've been tempted by KKM's and Barstos, but the factory barrel is already quite accurate, and I'm worried an aftermarket barrel might produce lower velocities then the 6" Glock barrel. Although if I could find a aftermarket barrel that produced higher then stock velocity (even as little as a consistent +25fps) I'd snag one, as maxing out velocity is one of the main appeals of the 17L for me.

I'll definitely report back once I've hit the range.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Hockey tape FTMFW!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pokey074:

Hockey tape FTMFW!

Yeah, I really dig the feel of it. I've taken to wrapping everything with it, right down to my Bic lighters. Also it proved handy for 'converting' my tan 19x 19rd mags to black by simply wrapping the +2 extension in hockey tape.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F867314

I'm tempted to wrap my AR handguard with hockey tape, but I'm worried the heat will melt it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:41:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah, I really dig the feel of it. I've taken to wrapping everything with it, right down to my Bic lighters. Also it proved handy for 'converting' my tan 19x 19rd mags to black by simply wrapping the +2 extension in hockey tape.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F867314

I'm tempted to wrap my AR handguard with hockey tape, but I'm worried the heat will melt it.
View Quote

I bought some thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone find it annoying that the RMR goes into auto mode after 16 hours? This, to me, is a design flaw. I use a G19 for my bedside gun. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I need the brightness preset to work with a WML. In auto mode, the RMR does not adjust fast enough when you turn turn on your WML.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#32]

I need a range report!
View All Quotes

I need a range report!

Took the 17L to the range yesterday. Very nice with the RDS; the longslide + wml + grip weight results in a very soft shooting gun that was able to easily keep the dot in the window, at least at the moderate cadence I was firing it at.

Best 5-shot groups of the day @ 15yd:

However most of the day I was off / a bit shaky. I made a bunch of "3 shots great, 2 shots terrible" groups like this.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By StowaNewb:
Does anyone find it annoying that the RMR goes into auto mode after 16 hours? This, to me, is a design flaw. I use a G19 for my bedside gun. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I need the brightness preset to work with a WML. In auto mode, the RMR does not adjust fast enough when you turn turn on your WML.
View Quote
I keep my RM06 on auto and it adjusts instantly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Yep. Auto is my preference.

The only time I go manual is group shooting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:56:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StowaNewb] [#35]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I keep my RM06 on auto and it adjusts instantly.
View Quote

So when you're in a dark room and you activate your WML, there's no delay at all? This was the one thing that was holding me back from buying an RMR.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I use the TLR7 and I have no issues with auto adjust. I can easily see the dot until I'm about 3 feet from A white wall.

Granted, this is with a 500L light with a fat floody center. If you're using a different light you may have different results.

I like knowing whether it's pitch dark or noon sun the rmr Intensity is spot on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#37]

So when you're in a dark room and you activate your WML, there's no delay at all? This was the one thing that was holding me back from buying an RMR.
View Quote
No delay.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:12:32 PM EDT
[#38]
No delay.
View Quote

Damn it, I guess I have no excuse not to buy one now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#39]

Damn it, I guess I have no excuse not to buy one now.
View Quote
I don't get the same performance from my RMRcc's. I have to set them to a particular brightness and lock them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't get the same performance from my RMRcc's. I have to set them to a particular brightness and lock them.
View Quote

I was reading the beginning if this thread and I saw some posts where it seemed like you were still deciding whether you preferred pistol dots over irons. Have you decided whether you like one more than the other or are they about the same for you?
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#41]

I was reading the beginning if this thread and I saw some posts where it seemed like you were still deciding whether you preferred pistol dots over irons. Have you decided whether you like one more than the other or are they about the same for you?
View Quote
Still about the same. While I have 3 guns with dots now, they haven't been a game changer for me yet.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Just got my 226 back from being milled/cerakoted.  Oiled it up and mounted the red dot, should be able to go sight it in tomorrow.  After getting used to the red dots, I can't go back to irons.

This might sound like blasphemy, but am I the only one that likes the 507 more than the RMR?  Holosun glass doesn't have the blue tint, window feels larger, and the 32 moa circle is great for fast shooting.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 12:47:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StowaNewb] [#43]
Still about the same. While I have 3 guns with dots now, they haven't been a game changer for me yet.
View Quote

My main concern has always been the practicality of a red dot. I really don't care about hitting tiny tiny targets at 25+ yards. I care about speed inside of 10 yards, which is why I've always hesitated to buy a dot. It seems like dots shine at distance while irons may be faster up close. I'm going to buy an RMR regardless, because I want to at least give it a fair shot.

What has been your experience with it? Are there any benefits/drawbacks from your perspective.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#44]
No delay.
View All Quotes

No delay.

Same. I use RM06 and leave them on auto. They’re fine with a WML.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#45]

My main concern has always been the practicality of a red dot. I really don't care about hitting tiny tiny targets at 25+ years. I care about speed inside of 10 years, which is why I've always hesitated to buy a dot. It seems like dots shine at distance while irons may be faster up close. I'm going to buy an RMR regardless, because I want to at least give it a fair shot.

What has been your experience with it? Are there any benefits/drawbacks from your perspective.
View All Quotes

My main concern has always been the practicality of a red dot. I really don't care about hitting tiny tiny targets at 25+ years. I care about speed inside of 10 years, which is why I've always hesitated to buy a dot. It seems like dots shine at distance while irons may be faster up close. I'm going to buy an RMR regardless, because I want to at least give it a fair shot.

After a little practice it won’t be slower up close. It takes some reps, but it’ll come to you.

My 25 yard accuracy didn’t really get better.  Like I haven’t shot my tiniest group ever with a dot, but I consistently shoot better with a dot.

Trigger control is still my limiting factor.  

Link Posted: 12/19/2021 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#46]

After a little practice it won’t be slower up close. It takes some reps, but it’ll come to you.

My 25 yard accuracy didn’t really get better.  Like I haven’t shot my tiniest group ever with a dot, but I consistently shoot better with a dot.

View Quote

So inside of 10 yards, would you say you're as fast with a dot as you are with irons?
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#47]

So inside of 10 yards, would you say you're as fast with a dot as you are with irons?
View All Quotes

I know for myself, absolutely!
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Absolutely.  Just like with irons, the sight picture doesn’t have to perfect all the time. It takes a bit to get used to the difference, but when you get to where you know what you can get away with, the speed will be there.
Link Posted: 12/19/2021 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I have both, I’m faster to get on target with irons but transition faster between targets using a red dot.  

What it comes down to for me is it’s easier to get a “good enough” sight picture with irons from a holster.  Even using the sights as a guide to present then transitioning to the dot was an improvement (and was the best strategy for me according to the shot timer), but it is still slower.

I have settled on an RMR for my HD pistol where I will likely come from a ready position… but I am sticking with irons for carry guns where I expect to present from a draw.

-Mike
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top