Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This, anything else is cutting one’s nose of to spite their face.
View Quote
I beg to disagree.  It is taking the least-worst option.  Because one of the two will win the seat.

So it becomes a pragmatic matter of picking the one who will be least damaging to our rights.  And that isn't Nelson.

Because we're going to have one of the two.  There is no other outcome.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I bad mouthed Scott a lot in this thread,

then went and voted for him.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
This is why the Senate only has 51 Republicans.  Because of crap like this.

Trump won 30 states, so the baseline should be around 60 GOP Senators (30 X 2).

But so-called conservatives vote against less than perfect candidates like Scott, and/or nominate losers for the US Senate (see Alabama 2017, Missouri 2012, Nevada 2012, Indiana 2012, etc.)

How much gun control has the US Senate, under Republican control, passed?  The 1994 AWB and 1968 both passed under a DEM senate.

Yet you clowns think Rick Scott, who opposes AWB bans, mag limits, and all the other crap the dems tried to pass here in Florida, is going to go to DC like "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" and convince a GOP Senate, GOP House, and GOP President to pass gun control?

And you think that is more likely than a dem Senate run by Schumer and Feinstein passing gun control in 2021 should a democrat win the White House?

We need a GOP Senate to confirm Trump's nominees to the Supreme Court.  If the dems retake the Senate, they will NOT allow a vote on any Trump Supreme Court nominees as "payback" for Merrick Garland.

Think the GOP can simply retake the Senate in 2020?  Think again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2020

How about 2022:  Are you kidding me?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2022

If the dems retake the Senate in 2018, they keep it until at least 2024.  That means ZERO more Trump supreme court justices, even if Trump is re-elected in 2020.

The GOP needs to win many seats this year as a firewall against rough 2020 and 2022 election cycles.  Every Senate race matters, and Florida is near the top of that list since Scott is polling really well.

But go ahead and vote "muh principles".  Just don't complain when the Supreme Court flips to the left for the next generation as a result.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
But muh bump stocks!

Scott will not vote for any meaningful sort of gun control.

Capability is what matters.  Who gives a shit if you can't get a bump stock?  30rd mags, semi auto rifles, etc.  That's what's important.  Republicans won't touch those but democrats would ban/confiscate them in a second if they had the votes.

Plus, while guns are the top priority for most here, there are other priorities.

Keeping taxes low, keeping this genderfluid nonsense out of public schools, judicial appointments.  The list goes on.

So go ahead.  Vote your small minded conscience.  See where it gets us.

At least you won't have compromised your principles when your ARs and auto loading handguns are NFA items.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Let's get this straight because of Texas Sig likes to put words in people's mouths like a liberal. NOVIDY here has said to vote Dem in the State House and Senate elections, instead it has been said to keep those who passed SB7026 in office.

He also likes to play what ifs so let's play what ifs.

What if we vote Scott into the Senate and send the message to all Republicans in Florida that we don't care about gun control and will still vote R if they pass Gun Control. Now let another Parkland shooting happen and see how fast the now fearless State Senate and House write up an even more restrictive Gun Control bill, AWB mag limits etc. Now our only recourse is hoping that the now Right majority Supreme Court even hears 2nd Amendment case that could help us.  Then we would have near California style gun control but by God we pulled the lever for the R Candidate because he was "better"

Gun Control thanks you for your support, see both sides of this debate can do it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 3:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let's get this straight because of Texas Sig likes to put words in people's mouths like a liberal. NOVIDY here has said to vote Dem in the State House and Senate elections, instead it has been said to keep those who passed SB7026 in office.

What if we vote Scott into the Senate and send the message to all Republicans in Florida that we don't care about gun control and will still vote R if they pass Gun Control. Now let another Parkland shooting happen and see how fast the now fearless State Senate and House write up an even more restrictive Gun Control bill, AWB mag limits etc. Now our only recourse is hoping that the now Right majority Supreme Court even hears 2nd Amendment case that could help us.  Then we would have near California style gun control but by God we pulled the lever for the R Candidate because he was "better"

Gun Control thanks you for your support, see both sides of this debate can do it.
View Quote
So, it's November, and you step into the voting booth.  For US Senate, you have a choice:

O - Bill Nelson (D)
O - Rick Scott (R)
O - Also Ran (I)
O - Also Also Ran (L)

Who do you suggest we vote for, knowing that the winner will be Nelson or Scott?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The one thing that will make me vote for Scott and will keep me from voting for Nelson is that once they're in the senate they'll tend to vote with the party. Voting for Nelson gives the Dems one more vote when it comes time for them to pass any gun control legislation or any other crazy idea they come up, as well as blocking any Supreme Court nominees. Democrats are loving these "massacres" the media keeps talking about, but they don't mention the killings that keep mounting up in Chicago, and they already have strict gun control laws! We have to think about the bigger picture here, the Dems will push a lot of nonsense in the next 4 years so giving them one more vote just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I had to change the channel A LOT these past few weeks when all these democrats running for governor kept talking about gun control, if they take control of the senate then it's pretty much guaranteed they'll push to ban all semiautomatic rifles, AR-15s especially, since those are "weapons of war"!
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I beg to disagree.  It is taking the least-worst option.  Because one of the two will win the seat.

So it becomes a pragmatic matter of picking the one who will be least damaging to our rights.  And that isn't Nelson.

Because we're going to have one of the two.  There is no other outcome.
View Quote
How is this dissgreeing?  We’re on the same page.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So, it's November, and you step into the voting booth.  For US Senate, you have a choice:

O - Bill Nelson (D)
O - Rick Scott (R)
O - Also Ran (I)
O - Also Also Ran (L)

Who do you suggest we vote for, knowing that the winner will be Nelson or Scott?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

O - Bill Nelson (D)
O - Rick Scott (R)
O - Also Ran (I)
O - Also Also Ran (L)

That choice is solely up to you and how you weigh the risks/rewards.

Scott wins: likely to vote along party lines on most bills and Judges, but Florida Republicans will think it's ok to vote gun control so after next shooting strong possibility of us getting more gun control on a state level.

Nelson wins: votes along party lines for 99% of bills and Judges, but Florida Republicans will know we don't support gun control and after the next shooting will be much less likely to vote in another gun control law at the State level.

Me personally, I'm more scared of state level gun control than Federal level gun control making it through the Senate and House. As for Judges, if we are so close to a tie that we are worried about 1 Senate seat flipping to make a difference we are in a much crappier situation than we are currently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I want muh judge, so Scott it is.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Scott has given the gun grabbers in this state ALL of their political momentum by pushing his gun control program through the legislature in record time and we haven't seen or heard the last of it yet.

Now His TV commercials have him walking around in the housing projects to pander to those voters.

By turning Quisling on gun rights Scott took my vote for granted, and is fishing for votes in the enemy's pond; he shouldn't have, because I won't vote for his treacherous ass ever again.

Scott has shown us his true colors and I want to see his political career tank because of it.

More importantly, his Republican colleagues need to see it lest they take us down the same road to becoming a gun ban state.
View Quote
This about sums it up.  Go ahead, keep justifying your reasons to vote for Scott.  The bottom line is he's another career scumbag politician who only cares about getting elected and staying in power.  I'm to old to keep holding my nose when I vote, and refuse to ever do it again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 4:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Look, you can rationalize it any way you want to.

You can guess and surmise what scott might do, or the D's might do. You can even carry on about nelson and schemer.

But the bottom line is that scott took away 2nd amendment rights from 18-21 y.o. and he is taking away bump stocks, triggers, etc..(not clear as of yet). None of those things apply to me - or my children. So why do I care? Because he did this under the Republican, conservative and pro=2nd banners. If you are OK with that and want to reward that behavior with your vote - go for it. Just don't try to rationalize it to the rest of us.
View Quote
‘What has Nelson done that you feel he’s entitled to a reward?
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's not going to happen. If scott looses, it will be because of his back stabbing, rino ways.
View Quote
If the opposite of win is loose, what is the opposite of tight?
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This about sums it up.  Go ahead, keep justifying your reasons to vote for Scott.  The bottom line is he's another career scumbag politician who only cares about getting elected and staying in power.  I'm to old to keep holding my nose when I vote, and refuse to ever do it again.
View Quote
That describes Nelson much more than it does Scott...just saying.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:51:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If the opposite of win is loose, what is the opposite of tight?
View Quote
Unloose?  
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
It could be anywhere from 0 to 3 judges in the next two years.

There is a good chance Thomas will retire next year, but only if the GOP keeps the Senate.  He is the senior judge on the court, in terms of when he was appointed.

Two others aren't in good health, looking at the pictures, so they could retire at any time.

There are also the circuit court judges, which is the level below the Supreme Court.  If historical standards hold true, Trump will have about 20 vacancies, or 1/8th of the court in the next two years.

And the district court judges also, along with all of the executive nominations.

The dems are already talking about changing the rules to require 60 votes for any judicial nomination, if they get the majority.  So that means any Trump nominee would have to get at least 11 Democrat Senators to support them before being confirmed.  We'll be stuck with David Souter-type judges.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Scott wins: likely to vote along party lines on most bills and Judges, but Florida Republicans will think it's ok to vote gun control so after next shooting strong possibility of us getting more gun control on a state level.

Nelson wins: votes along party lines for 99% of bills and Judges, but Florida Republicans will know we don't support gun control and after the next shooting will be much less likely to vote in another gun control law at the State level.

Me personally, I'm more scared of state level gun control than Federal level gun control making it through the Senate and House. As for Judges, if we are so close to a tie that we are worried about 1 Senate seat flipping to make a difference we are in a much crappier situation than we are currently.
View Quote
You are overthinking this.  If DeSantis wins, we will have most pro-RKBA governor in decades.  And he will appoint conservatives to the FL Supreme Court (3 have to leave office the same day Scott does-- big controversy over who replaces them, but it is moot if DeSantis wins).  So long as the GOP keeps control of the state senate, I think DeSantis could push through some really good RKBA initiatives.

If Gillum wins, we are in big trouble, but at least the GOP state house should be able to hold the line on gun control.  If not, it will be up the courts to overturn those laws, but only if there are conservatives on the bench, and we need a GOP Senate to confirm them!

If Nelson wins, you really think Florida Republicans' answer will be to "turn right"?  No, they will look at Sen. Rubio, and attempt to emulate his positions on issues.

Yes, we are in a "crappy" situation in the Senate.  It has been 50-49 for the last year, so if one seat had flipped in 2016, the dems would have been running the Senate for the last year or so.  2018 should be a good year for the Senate GOP, since 10 dems are running in states Trump won.  However, the polls aren't looking very good.  They even have Ted Cruz as a "toss-up".  We need to take nothing for granted and try to win every seat we can.  The 2020 and 2022 Senate maps are horrible for the GOP, and we need margin to offset expected losses in those years.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
First, you guys are the ones either voting for a liberal, or refusing to vote against one.  How does that makes me "liberal"?

Second, like I've said earlier, if you wanted to "send a message", you should have gotten good candidates to challenge three or four of the Republicans in strong red districts, and defeated them.  Not blow a chance to unseat a leftist Senator.  Even the folks in Colorado got organized and RECALLED two of their state senators who voted for the magazine limit.  They didn't even wait until the next election.

Third, do you think if Scott is elected, that DeSantis is going to support gun control if he is elected?  And Gillum is so far left, it doesn't matter what happens in the Senate race.

Fourthly, Scott is/was strongly against the other types of gun control you mentioned.  Nor did he call for more gun control after the recent "Madden 19 shooting".

But, yeah, your scenario is remotely possible.  However, it is all about playing the percentages.  Many things have to happen for your scenario to line up.  However, my scenario of "we need more Republican Senators" is 100% real, and backed up by very simple math!

Finally, if Scott loses, the talking heads will say he lost not because he was "supported gun control", but because he was "too conservative and didn't support enough gun control".
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Your notion that if he loses it will be because he didn't support enough gun control will totally contradict De Santis winning, if he wins of course. So you are claiming they will say Scott wasn't strict enough on gun control and then complain about DeSantis being too Pro Gun because the Anti-Gunners are definitely going to say DeSantis is too Pro Gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Your notion that if he loses it will be because he didn't support enough gun control will totally contradict De Santis winning, if he wins of course. So you are claiming they will say Scott wasn't strict enough on gun control and then complain about DeSantis being too Pro Gun because the Anti-Gunners are definitely going to say DeSantis is too Pro Gun.
View Quote
More hypotheticals....  You are very naive if you think the Florida GOP cares what you or I think.  And you are even more naive if you think they will turn hard right should Scott lose and DeSantis win.  And you are way-overthinking things.  It would be like me saying I'm going to vote for Gillum because he will screw Florida up so much, that the state is almost guaranteed to vote Trump in 2020.

A poll came out today that shows Scott tied with Nelson and DeSantis losing by 3.  But I'll play along with your hypothetical scenario.

First and most importantly, that one Senate seat could very well be the difference between who control the Senate.  If not this year, then in 2020 or 2022.  After today's clown show in the Senate Judiciary committee, how can anyone in their right mind even consider throwing the Senate to the dems?

Second, should Nelson have to resign, you put DeSantis in a really tough spot.  If he appoints a Republican to a seat the dems win this November, there will be a big backlash.  His political career in Florida will likely be done.  No way the independent voters in the state will stand for it.  He could potentially be forced to choose between his political career and flipping the Senate back to GOP control.  Why are you willing to even take that chance?   Doesn't sounds like you are "supporting" DeSantis very much at all.

Thirdly, if one or both of these guys (DeSantis or Scott) lose, there will be a lot of finger pointing.  The conservatives will blame the moderates if DeSantis loses and moderates will blame conservatives (like you) if Scott loses.  That intraparty fighting might be okay in Wyoming or Mississippi, but not in a swing state like Florida.  We risk turning into another Virginia, where the GOP is a disaster.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:07:18 PM EDT
[#23]
A blank vote is a Nelson vote, I will wear my 3M Mask "Painting mask" and vote for Rick A__ H____ just for the sake of the next supreme court appointee. Trump needs all the help he can get so swallow your pride just like a lot of us are doing, we all know who Scott is.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A blank vote is a Nelson vote, I will wear my 3M Mask "Painting mask" and vote for Rick A__ H____ just for the sake of the next supreme court appointee. Trump needs all the help he can get so swallow your pride just like a lot of us are doing, we all know who Scott is.
View Quote
I've been hearing this bullshit used to pressure people into voting for a shitty Republican my entire adult life.  It's just as laughable now as it was when I first heard it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:53:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Scott's gun laws are absolutely draconian, and don't revolve around public safety issues, but are rather, examples of his pandering to the left in order to further his own political career at the diect expense of my gun rights so he's lost me as a supporter.

Let his newly chosen base,  the liberal soccer mom's in Broward, vote for him but I will not.

Sorry, I'm not voting for the man who is arguably the worst gun grabbing governor in Florida's modern history.

Scott needs to be kicked to the curb.

Before Scott's treachery this used to be The Gunshine State.

Thanks to Scott's push for gun control which has given the anti gun agenda momentum in both the media and the legislature, Florida has become The Guncontrol State.

I'm tired of all the bullshit to the contrary.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:16:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like DeSantis is going to pick a state rep who voted for gun control to be his Lt. Gov.

Now you clowns can vote against him also to "teach him a lesson", right?
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:05:16 AM EDT
[#30]
If you wanted to teach Rick Scott a lesson, someone should have mounted a primary challenge to him.  He signed SB 7026 on March 9th and the primary filing deadline was May 4th, so there was plenty of time to do it.

No one did.  You have already sent the message that you’re okay with that kind of Republican, because not only did no one beat him in the primary, no one more conservative than him even ran in the primary.

That ship sailed four months ago.  If you don’t vote for him in the general, all you’re doing at this point is cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 12:13:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I could be wrong - I often am - but you are the only one who keeps repeating this nonsense. So far, almost everyone has spoken of NOT voting for scott and in some instances, mast.

Why do you continue to try and muddy the waters? Just say you are OK with rewarding a gun grabbing republican for senate - it's ok, we all have a right to vote our conscience - were we to have one.
View Quote
The only "nonsense" here is that supposedly strongly pro-RKBA folks are even considering a path that would make it more difficult, if not impossible, for a conservative president to get his judicial selections confirmed.

And make no mistake: if the GOP loses the Senate in 2018, the dems will keep it until 2024, at least.  If you doubt that, go look at the 2020 and 2022 Senate maps.  How's them "muddy waters"?

I don't look at any election as "rewarding" anybody.  I look at the big picture.  And a big part of that is expanding the Senate majority.  Even Trump has said "we need more Republicans".  If you want to tell him to pound sand, that is your right, but don't complain when "he can't get nothing done" for the next two years because Chuck Schumer is running the Senate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Today's word is Machiavellian

Mach·i·a·vel·li·an

?mäke?'vele?n,?make?'vele?n/Submit
adjective

cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics or in advancing one's career.
synonyms:devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, treacherous, two-faced, Janus-faced, tricky, double-dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest.

relating to Niccolò Machiavelli.
noun

Usage:

a person who schemes in a Machiavellian way
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Get out of here with your facts and logic! This is the new world. I will Twitter you if you make me feel unsafe!!

Haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Today's word is Machiavellian

Mach·i·a·vel·li·an

?mäke?'vele?n,?make?'vele?n/Submit
adjective

cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous, especially in politics or in advancing one's career.
synonyms:devious, cunning, crafty, artful, wily, sly, scheming, treacherous, two-faced, Janus-faced, tricky, double-dealing, unscrupulous, deceitful, dishonest.

relating to Niccolò Machiavelli.
noun

Usage:

a person who schemes in a Machiavellian way
Get out of here with your facts and logic! This is the new world. I will Twitter you if you make me feel unsafe!!

Haha
"Chess Not Checkers" is how you get California gun laws here in Florida when some folks try to play Machiavelli with politicians who are professional masters at that art and who push gun control to pander to the left while expecting the continuing political support of the gun owners they betrayed.

And it need not happen incrementally over time; you wake up one morning to learn that, at a pen-stroke, your previously legally purchased and owned property has suddenly become contraband and you're a felon as of a certain date simply for continuing to possess it.

Or you awaken to the news that as a younger adult, you're no longer permitted legally to purchase a firearm in this state anymore.

Oh wait.........that's already happened here in Florida due to the work of a backstabbing Quisling who's now expecting further support from those whose firearms rights he's just abused.

"Chess not Checkers" my ass; Scott needs to be driven out of Florida politics on a rail because he turned the new political paradigm here into one that advances the gun grabber's agenda to expand his political base.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone who leaves that Senate bubble blank or votes for Nelson is a damn traitor to the United States of America.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anyone who leaves that Senate bubble blank or votes for Nelson is a damn traitor to the United States of America.
View Quote
Anybody who fills in the bubble for Scott is saying they are ok with gun control.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right, and a blank will go Nelson,s way...Shit for real people it is boiling down to the lesser of two evils.
We can pay that ass-hat Scott back later but right now we are stuck with his betraying ass.
DON'T leave blanks ... vote AGAINST somebody.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Anybody who fills in the bubble for Scott is saying they are ok with gun control.
View Quote
Do you not understand that if the Republicans lose control of the Senate in 2018, the dems keep it until 2024 at least?

That means no more textualists on the Supreme Court.  Even worse, any seats that vacate during the next two years of Trump's could be filled by Warren/Harris/Booker, etc... if they are elected in 2020.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:23:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Today's word is Machiavellian[/b]
View Quote
I'm not sure what your point is.  Are you suggesting the other 99 senators are all eagle scouts and never lie or deceive?

If we lose the Senate in 2018, the dems hold it until 2024, at least.

Can't take that chance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

So you can't take the chance elections in the future might not go the way you want. Therefore, you will give the gun grabbers your vote?

Seems legit.
View Quote
Have you looked at the 2020 Senate map?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2020

How about 2022?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2022

Unless you plan on seeing conservatives elected in New York, California, Hawaii, and Illinois, 2018 is the last chance for Republicans to gain senate seats until the 2018 cycle repeats in 2024.

Do you not understand the repercussions of a dem senate?
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#43]
It would appear some are under a strong belief that the blue wave is real. Just because there are more Red Senators up for elections in the next 2 cycles doesn't automatically mean those will become blue. It's almost as if some believe everything the Democrats are saying about the blue wave coming.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 5:02:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Have you looked at the 2020 Senate map?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2020

How about 2022?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_elections,_2022

Unless you plan on seeing conservatives elected in New York, California, Hawaii, and Illinois, 2018 is the last chance for Republicans to gain senate seats until the 2018 cycle repeats in 2024.

Do you not understand the repercussions of a dem senate?
View Quote
Do you not understand the ramifications of demonstrating to our next governor and state legislature that they can safely throw our gun rights under the bus to gain the votes of the gun grabbing liberals while  still  retaining our own ?

A Republican Governor and a legislature consisting of a super majority of Republicans in both houses,  have just enacted gun laws that can only be described as draconian and which have no grounding in the realm of public safety.

Had Scott not been running for the US Senate those laws would have never even been considered.

The reasoning for those laws being rammed down our throats in record time are purely for Scott's own  political advancement among gun grabbing voters in our state, and if we don't push back  against Scott, we become politically  irrelevant and Florida becomes The Gunban State.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#45]
This country likes for congress to go to the party that is not in the presidency, that has been the trend since Clinton, this is why our government never gets anything done. This year will be no different, history repeating itself. We could help switch a senate seat here in Florida, but probably won't happen.
Next year will be interesting...
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
What a crock full of shit!!  RINO's trying to turn real conservatives into RINO's  This BS has never worked for the GOP, and it will only lead to the slow demise of the country.  Call me a traitor...….those a fighting words sir!!

Obviously you are no patriot!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Now you need to vote for Rick Scott,  the gun grabbing Quisling who set long established Florida gun rights on its ear while opening the door for increasingly draconian New York and California style infringements, created felons out of decent men simply because they choose not to destroy their previously lawfully owned property, and destroyed the second amendment rights of a generation of 18-21 year old Americans who live in our state........or you're a traitor to America.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
This and many other reasons. If we lose control of the house, Trump will have an uphill battle to accomplish anything. Lose the Senate and we might as well piss in the wind.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It would appear some are under a strong belief that the blue wave is real. Just because there are more Red Senators up for elections in the next 2 cycles doesn't automatically mean those will become blue. It's almost as if some believe everything the Democrats are saying about the blue wave coming.
View Quote
Personally, I think the GOP picks up several Senate seats, and loses less than 10 House seats.  However, that may be wishful thinking.

The polls indicate a very close election, with lots of toss-up seats.  Lots of people scoffed at the polls in Alabama that showed Moore losing, and Lamb winning in the PA special election.  We know how those races went.

The consequences of being wrong, however, are just too large.  That is why every seat matters.

Perhaps the Scott/Nelson race will be the race that determines Senate control.

Or perhaps the Scott/Nelson race will be the one that decides if the Repubs have 54 or 55 Senate seats.  That seat might not make a big difference now, but what if we lose 5 seats between now and 2022?  Then the Scott/Nelson seat is the deciding factor in who controls the 2022 Senate.

Or maybe there will be a red wave, and this senate race will decide if we have 59 or 60 seats.  Big difference since 60 is the magic number in the Senate to break a filibuster.

Any scenario you can generate results in the same answer: if you support Trump, MAGA, and the RKBA, vote for Scott.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top