Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:59:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Eotech EXPS
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like both LED and holo sights, but this seems like an odd argument to make.
View Quote
Me too, they both have their place and I use both. Nothing wrong with an AimPoint and it's the smarter choice in certain use cases. But this isn't an argument, it's fact. An EOTech is faster. It always will be faster than any red dot or reflex sight and it will inherently have less parallax. There is no debate or argument. People for some reason just don't want to accept this. It's as true as the fact that red dots will always have much better battery life because of the power requirement of holography.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Me too, they both have their place and I use both. Nothing wrong with an AimPoint and it's the smarter choice in certain use cases. But this isn't an argument, it's fact. An EOTech is faster. It always will be faster than any red dot or reflex sight and it will inherently have less parallax. There is no debate or argument. People for some reason just don't want to accept this. It's as true as the fact that red dots will always have much better battery life because of the power requirement of holography.
View Quote
Really.... AN EOTECH is faster??? It's Fact???

Lets see those facts? Where are they? What metric is being used to determine that....? What test? and what organization did all this testing to make this claim.

Normally I don't jump on this "Which one is best" threads, cause there stupid, but your post just pinged my Bullshit radar....
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 8:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LMAO. The real world is where the targets shoots back, and no one is choosing holosun for that course.
Holosun is more popular with the PCC or carbine match crowd because those shooters often use the same weapon for home defense and don't like the EOTech battery life for their personal weapons.
When the government buys you all the CR123's you want, battery life is no longer a factor. When that happens and you have your choice of any optic that is going to save your ass in a CQB gunfight, its EOTech. It is the quickest, period, regardless of what your competition buddies would have you believe. If red dot technology was faster, that would be on HUD display in our fighter jets instead of hologpraphy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Times and scores say differently in the real world.
LMAO. The real world is where the targets shoots back, and no one is choosing holosun for that course.
Holosun is more popular with the PCC or carbine match crowd because those shooters often use the same weapon for home defense and don't like the EOTech battery life for their personal weapons.
When the government buys you all the CR123's you want, battery life is no longer a factor. When that happens and you have your choice of any optic that is going to save your ass in a CQB gunfight, its EOTech. It is the quickest, period, regardless of what your competition buddies would have you believe. If red dot technology was faster, that would be on HUD display in our fighter jets instead of hologpraphy.
The EoTech's problem for home defense is not battery life, it is it takes forever to turn on in a defense situation. If you are planing on going in clearing building EoTechs work, but when the rifle sits for months and you need it to work. The EoTech MAY be split seconds between shots, but an Aimpoint is ready to going when you pick it up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Really.... AN EOTECH is faster??? It's Fact???

Lets see those facts? Where are they? What metric is being used to determine that....? What test? and what organization did all this testing to make this claim.

Normally I don't jump on this "Which one is best" threads, cause there stupid, but your post just pinged my Bullshit radar....
View Quote
If you know anything about how the brain processes holography, and why they are used for HUD displays instead of any other technology, you would understand why the EOTech will always be faster. Your eye will never have to make a focus transition with a target focus, something that is not possible with a red dot. Its also a fact that they have less parallax than red dots. Perhaps you need to read up on the difference between holography and red dots before you calibrate your BS meter, its broken. If you want to tell me your EOTech battery life sucks, or your 20 year old 512 took a crap on you in the safe, you hate to have to turn it on, or its too heavy, fine. But it's faster, no matter how much you dislike it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shit battery life makes it a non-starter for HD use as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote
Can't say that about my 512's....   Two AA batteries last a very long time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's not as fast as an EOTech, it's nearly biologically impossible considering it's red dot vs holo tech and your eyes/brain are not having to change focus planes constantly with the EOTech. Maybe it's nearly as fast or close enough you don't percieve it, but it's NOT as fast and it sure won't be as accurate at CQB ranges considering the parallax delta between the two. But hey, battery life FTW I guess.
View Quote
**LIKE**
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Having used Aimpoints, EOTechs, and LPVOs on the two way range, I'm curious as to why you think that.

Why would you have to "focus on the dot and then on the target" as you stated in a previous post.

If they are indeed "faster, period" then certainly this must be quantifiable and measurable.

How much faster?

Under what conditions?

How is that determined?

Please, show your data, methodology and analysis.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
600 hours isn't really that long.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The EoTech's problem for home defense is not battery life, it is it takes forever to turn on in a defense situation. If you are planing on going in clearing building EoTechs work, but when the rifle sits for months and you need it to work. The EoTech MAY be split seconds between shots, but an Aimpoint is ready to going when you pick it up.
View Quote
Running both on the clock, it's just not.

It's a fast reticle with a nice large window, but there are other issues which have already been addressed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Having used Aimpoints, EOTechs, and LPVOs on the two way range, I'm curious as to why you think that.

Why would you have to "focus on the dot and then on the target" as you stated in a previous post.

If they are indeed "faster, period" then certainly this must be quantifiable and measurable.

How much faster?

Under what conditions?

How is that determined?

Please, show your data, methodology and analysis.

Thanks.
View Quote
45-Seventy:
Your brain perceives a holographic image to be in focus at the distance of your target object. When you aim an Aimpoint (or any other red dot) at a piece of steel 10 or 100 yards away, you must decide whether or not your target or your reticle is going to be in focus. It cannot be both. Your brain wants both, but you are forcing one or the other. The red dot is literally sitting 4-8 inches from your eye.... that is a focus point, or the target is a focus point. When looking through a Vortex UH-1 or an EOTech, this problem does not exist. If the reticle is on the target at 100 yards, the reticle will also be in focus, the same for 10 yards. The brain does not separate them and perceive them at two different distances.

Even if all else was equal, such as window size, and clarity of glass (which its not, because EOTech glass is completely clear, another function of holography that red dots don't have AND larger because they don't have near the parallax to deal with) you will be quicker because your eyes are not fighting your brain. There is a reason this sight continues to get chosen for elite door kickers, here and aboard, and it has nothing to do with battery life or weight.

If the EOTech is not any quicker in your tests (Whatever that may be) it is because you are going into a known scenario. Throw uknown entities at unknown distances into the fray and your brain will appreciate the holography and process it faster.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#12]
No sights at all. It offers the biggest field of view.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:41:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

45-Seventy:
Your brain perceives a holographic image to be in focus at the distance of your target object. When you aim an Aimpoint (or any other red dot) at a piece of steel 10 or 100 yards away, you must decide whether or not your target or your reticle is going to be in focus. It cannot be both. Your brain wants both, but you are forcing one or the other. The red dot is literally sitting 4-8 inches from your eye.... that is a focus point, or the target is a focus point. When looking through a Vortex UH-1 or an EOTech, this problem does not exist. If the reticle is on the target at 100 yards, the reticle will also be in focus, the same for 10 yards. The brain does not separate them and perceive them at two different distances.

Even if all else was equal, such as window size, and clarity of glass (which its not, because EOTech glass is completely clear, another function of holography that red dots don't have AND larger because they don't have near the parallax to deal with) you will be quicker because your eyes are not fighting your brain. There is a reason this sight continues to get chosen for elite door kickers, here and aboard, and it has nothing to do with battery life or weight.

If the EOTech is not any quicker in your tests (Whatever that may be) it is because you are going into a known scenario. Throw uknown entities at unknown distances into the fray and your brain will appreciate the holography and process it faster.
View Quote
While that’s a neat-o explanation and everything, show me the data.

If it’s “faster, period” that’s a qualifiable statement. So show me.

How much faster?

Otherwise that entire diatribe is about as worthwhile as saying one cartridge has more “stopping power” than another.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Any quality red dot
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

How much faster?

Otherwise that entire diatribe is about as worthwhile as saying one cartridge has more “stopping power” than another.
View Quote
If you have any doubts about whether a larger sight picture that allows the reticle to be acquired sooner inside the window, with a technology that allows the brain and eye to process a single focal point instead of two, is going to be the slower optic...then facts be damned, nothing is going to convince you. I would love to hear your argument to the converse: "Oh yeah, see I can pick up this single 2 moa dot with no ring faster in this smaller, tinted window and I don't think about the reticle focus I just let it be out of focus on each target transition and magically my chosen red-dot is quicker." Run whatever you want. Carry on, I went more than my 3 round limit on the internet today.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you have any doubts about whether a larger sight picture that allows the reticle to be acquired sooner inside the window, with a technology that allows the brain and eye to process a single focal point instead of two, is going to be the slower optic...then facts be damned, nothing is going to convince you. I would love to hear your argument to the converse: "Oh yeah, see I can pick up this single 2 moa dot with no ring faster in this smaller, tinted window and I don't think about the reticle focus I just let it be out of focus on each target transition and magically my chosen red-dot is quicker." Run whatever you want. Carry on, I went more than my 3 round limit on the internet today.
View Quote
I'm not arguing with regards to the reticle... The circle dot is an excellent and extremely fast design shared by the Holosun 510C which is why I run it competitively.

So... We have two optics.  Both of which have large, open, square windows.  Both of which have large circle dot reticles which are virtually indistinguishable for all practical purposes.

One is a red dot.  One is a holographic.

Yet, you claim that the holographic is, "faster, period" and furthermore make statements that this is an point of fact which is beyond argument.

I'm asking for data, analysis and testing which shows this. You can't seem to provide any. Your argument seems to be born out of some kind of loyalty or emotional investment which is difficult to place, and not real world performance.

That's all.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#17]
No sight fails more than an Eotech.

It is not faster.  You just like the fancy display.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Aimpoint or Eotech are fine, as usual.

Recent rumors suggest a certain SMU has is using Sig Romeos, interestingly enough.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much faster?

Respectfully, that's not how science works.

There are plenty of theories that seem intuitive and natural and "common sense" that fall apart when tested in a controlled experiment.

It would be reasonable to say that for you, you seem to observe this phenomenon, and ____ is the theory by which you think it is true, but until it has been tested, and we have data, you can't say for certain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit battery life makes it a non-starter for HD use as far as I'm concerned.
Some will eat batteries when even turned off.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know for a fact that if you leave that model in the truck of a patrol car in the summer that the batteries will die and/or explode and leak.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

There are plenty of theories that seem intuitive and natural and "common sense" that fall apart when tested in a controlled experiment.

It would be reasonable to say that for you, you seem to observe this phenomenon, and ____ is the theory by which you think it is true, but until it has been tested, and we have data, you can't say for certain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much faster?

To me, the EoT reticle is extremely blurry.  And good practice negates the "science if speed" claims here.  Lastly, EoT are very bulky which can slightly hinder FOV around the optic.

AP micros are small and light.  Two eyes open the dot looks like it's hovering in mid air.  And, to boot, its battery life is better on than an EoT I've experienced being turned off.

The EoT does have a nice window.  I just find them a compromise in many other variables.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly

He's trying to bulls shit his way thru this with "If you know how Holographic images and your brain work"

What he just described is how ALL Red dot Sights work... The brain cannot tell if the image is generated by a laser or an LED..... nor does it care...

Dominate eye sees the reticle (regardless of how it's generated) and the other sees the target... brain does the rest.

So riddle me this Burdy…. How does the brain tell between too exact EOTech style reticles... one created with a laser and one with an LED???

And show your work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I know for a fact that if you leave that model in the truck of a patrol car in the summer that the batteries will die and/or explode and leak.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 511 ran its battery dead after only being used for a single range trip and put up. I love the EXPS/XPS lines, but the older ones definitely had some battery drain issues.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Look, I understand that you're balls deep into Eotech (https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/What-s-Wrong-With-Red-Dot-Sights-/18-740447/#i7899874), but this is just getting ridiculous, post after post of Eotech is bestest. Have you even tried any other optic?
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Exactly

He's trying to bulls shit his way thru this with "If you know how Holographic images and your brain work"

What he just described is how ALL Red dot Sights work... The brain cannot tell if the image is generated by a laser or an LED..... nor does it care...

Dominate eye sees the reticle (regardless of how it's generated) and the other sees the target... brain does the rest.

So riddle me this Burdy…. How does the brain tell between too exact EOTech style reticles... one created with a laser and one with an LED???

And show your work.
View Quote
I’m still trying to figure out the whole “you have to focus on the reticle and then the target” weirdness... Because that’s not how optical sights work.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Look, I understand that you're balls deep into Eotech (https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/What-s-Wrong-With-Red-Dot-Sights-/18-740447/#i7899874), but this is just getting ridiculous, post after post of Eotech is bestest. Have you even tried any other optic?
View Quote
Employee or fanboi?
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Employee or fanboi?
View Quote
Initially thought employee, but honestly don't know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

45-Seventy:
View Quote
I focus on the target, not the dot, with either sight. Am I like, using a RDS wrong, or something? Was I supposed to be focusing on the dot?
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I focus on the target, not the dot, with either sight. Am I like, using a RDS wrong, or something? Was I supposed to be focusing on the dot?
View Quote
YES!

If you knew how your brain worked, you’d understand this.

Or something.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Cant this all be solved with just "what evers fastest for YOU?"

We all have different preferences in different optics for this exact reason. Same thing with pistol sights...I know for me, 3 dot systems are the best for ME. I dont know why, just is.

Sure, I could spend countless hours and rounds with Fo front/black rear to get there, but WHY? I already know my brain and eyes work better with 3 dot.

But like I said in other optics posts, Ill go be poor somewhere else I use Vortex, Holosun and PA optics. I dont even have experience with the Tier 1 optics because they are out of my price range
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Cant this all be solved with just "what evers fastest for YOU?"

We all have different preferences in different optics for this exact reason. Same thing with pistol sights...I know for me, 3 dot systems are the best for ME. I dont know why, just is.

Sure, I could spend countless hours and rounds with Fo front/black rear to get there, but WHY? I already know my brain and eyes work better with 3 dot.

But like I said in other optics posts, Ill go be poor somewhere else I use Vortex, Holosun and PA optics. I dont even have experience with the Tier 1 optics because they are out of my price range
View Quote
Typically, yes, but this is a technical forum, so if a poster comes in here and posts an absolute in regards to an optic, then it's not unusual to ask to see the data behind that absolute....

If someone wants to post "EOtech is best... and that's a fact" you're gonna get hipshot on it.

and besides, my biggest beef with EOTech, beside there horrible track record of dead batteries and thermal shift changing the zero... is the fact that they knew about it and lied.... and got caught, and punished..... and everyone forgets that. They lied for money, and when US troops life's are on the line, I cannot condone that....ever.

Even it there shit was the best and there was irrefutable proof to back that up... I would still not use one... I'm funny that way...not wanting to support companies that would comprise US lives for profit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Typically, yes, but this is a technical forum, so if a poster comes in here and posts an absolute in regards to an optic, then it's not unusual to ask to see the data behind that absolute....

If someone wants to post "EOtech is best... and that's a fact" you're gonna get hipshot on it.

and besides, my biggest beef with EOTech, beside there horrible track record of dead batteries and thermal shift changing the zero... is the fact that they knew about it and lied.... and got caught, and punished..... and everyone forgets that. They lied for money, and when US troops life's are on the line, I cannot condone that....ever.

Even it there shit was the best and there was irrefutable proof to back that up... I would still not use one... I'm funny that way...not wanting to support companies that would comprise US lives for profit.
View Quote
Understood
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Biggest window, fastest acquisition and most useful intuitive reticle? XPS/EXPS... all day every day.

Just make sure your batteries are fresh. If you have an HD Carbine that might sit in the corner for months or maybe years before getting turned on, the eotexh is a bit of a gamble if you’re not checking the batteries every 3 months or so. I for he life of me can’t figure why it’s so hard for L-3 to make a MECHANICAL power switch in them to ensure that OFF actually means OFF.

I have aimponts acogs and eotechs. The eotechs are the best cqb by far. I’ve also had one die on me just sitting in the safe... and yes, that is always in the back of my mind when I pick one up that hasn’t been turned on in months.

My HD Carbine has a TA44 1.5x ACOG on it. Nothing to fail. Best short range compact lightweight rugged do-all optic IMO.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Biggest window, fastest acquisition and most useful intuitive reticle? XPS/EXPS... all day every day.

Just make sure your batteries are fresh. If you have an HD Carbine that might sit in the corner for months or maybe years before getting turned on, the eotexh is a bit of a gamble if you’re not checking the batteries every 3 months or so. I for he life of me can’t figure why it’s so hard for L-3 to make a MECHANICAL power switch in them to ensure that OFF actually means OFF.

I have aimponts acogs and eotechs. The eotechs are the best cqb by far. I’ve also had one die on me just sitting in the safe... and yes, that is always in the back of my mind when I pick one up that hasn’t been turned on in months.
View Quote
When someone says biggest window, I know they do not know how a RDS works... the housing on a RDS sight could be in the shape of a triangle and if you are looking thru the dot and onto the target, you would know that the size of the "Window" makes no difference.

Fastest acquisition... OK, you and your EOtech…. Jerry Miculek and his Aimpoint.... You should be faster?? right? I mean, after all, you have a sight that has faster acquisition.... and is more intuitive....

and Intuitive.... what could be more intuitive then a red dot...… that you place where you want your bullet to go....

Next player....
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

When someone says biggest window, I know they do not know how a RDS works... the housing on a RDS sight could be in the shape of a triangle and if you are looking thru the dot and onto the target, you would know that the size of the "Window" makes no difference.

Fastest acquisition... OK, you and your EOtech…. Jerry Miculek and his Aimpoint.... You should be faster?? right? I mean, after all, you have a sight that has faster acquisition.... and is more intuitive....

and Intuitive.... what could be more intuitive then a red dot...… that you place where you want your bullet to go....

Next player....
View Quote
And whenever I see someone trying to say that window size is irrelevant I instantly know that they don’t train with a timer or engage in any competitive shooting sport.

Go to virtually any large USPSA match and start asking the CO, Open or PCC shooter who is A Class or above why they are running the optic they have... Guaranteed window size is top three if not the first answer. Why? Speed. Particularly during movement and target transitions.

That’s why the DPP/SRO/Romeo Max/C-More/510/etc even exist.

Otherwise we would all just run RMRs.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Next player....
View Quote
Window size has nothing to do with FOV around the target, and everything to do with ease of dot acquisition. Once you’re able to see the dot, it’s irrelevant, but a larger window allows that dot to be seen under a wider array of conditions. I don’t know why one wouldn’t want that added capability, all things else equal.

Comparing different gear against Jerry Miculek’s ability is just silly and proves nothing. He’d probably outshoot my rifle scores with a pistol too, but that doesn’t mean pistols are better than rifles. All this demonstrates is that user competency can make up for equipment deficiencies, which no one is really debating here except you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Does it physically hurt to be that stupid? A larger window allows for the eye to be more off-axis while still being able to see a reticle in the window. Ultimately, this means better optic support for improvised shooting positions so you can better use the cover available to you... you know, like in CQB situations. Because the larger the window, the worse your cheek weld and head position can be while still having a window to see through.

Again, with the retard talk. There’s more to shooting fast than just the optic. That you would write something like that makes everyone who reads it more stupid for having seen it.

That’s like saying the tires on your car must be shitty because Jeff Gordon could beat you in a road race using different tires. Yes, you sound that stupid.  

Ummm... Ring-dot reticles are extremely popular. Not just eotechs use them. Many LPVOs, ACOGs, and even newer generation LED illuminated red-dots are utilizing some style ring-dot reticle to naturally draw the eye to center. I mean, a lot of those mfg can etch whatever pattern they want, but they must select the ring-dot because it sucks, right? Hey, even the MK18 CQBR program chose the XPS3-0 and 553 among the opticoptiond for the Block II. But all those industry professionals are dumb and @Harv24 knows better than all of them. They all just must be eotech fanbois who can’t shoot as fast as jerry miculek... or something.

Next player....
View Quote
A lot of optics do a lot of things better than an EOTech... CQB is not one of them.

I’m not a EOtech fanboy either. If I had to pick and choose just one optic to have for general use, an EOtech might be #4 or #5 on the list. But it still does CQB better than the top 4 on my list.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A lot of optics do a lot of things better than an EOTech... CQB is not one of them.

I’m not a EOtech fanboy either. If I had to pick and choose just one optic to have for general use, an EOtech might be #4 or #5 on the list. But it still does CQB better than the top 4 on my list.
View Quote
Well said.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You must be a gamer....

Have a nice day.... I'm done with you...
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You must be a gamer....

Have a nice day.... I'm done with you...
View Quote
You’re totally right, bro.

Shooting fast and accurately has zero real-world application.

High five!
(As long as it’s a tactical high five)
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Aimpoint T1/2 or H1/2. Looking through my T2 in my house, I think the PRO would be fine for outdoor use, but the housing would take up a little more space than I like indoors. Having as much unobstructed space as possible is important to me.

Having said that, an Eotech would be still be awesome. However, the battery life is shit compared to the Aimpoint micros. I don't have to worry about turning the thing on when I pick up the rifle.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What? You press one button and it's on..,

Careful, you may be required to flip a safety selector, or rack a charging handle also

Been hearing same dry aimpoint talking points for years. It''s like ap fans priorities are to stow their rifles in closets and safes for years, and not actually run or maintain them.

Quoted:

ETA: I have yet to change the CR123 in my EXPS2. Still on the original battery that came with the optic purchased while I was on leave from a contract Sept 2017. I didn't use it for the rest of 17" because I went back overseas to finish my contract. I returned in May 18" and it's been used regularly since then, average range session 2-3hrs and 2 carbine competitions that year. All together the original battery has been in the optic for over a full year and a half and still going.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What? You press one button and it's on..,

Careful, you may be required to flip a safety selector, or rack a charging handle also

Been hearing same dry aimpoint talking points for years. It''s like ap fans priorities are to stow their rifles in closets and safes for years, and not actually run or maintain them.
View Quote
Or? I could have something that I could just leave on so as to minimize things to dick around with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Or? I could have something that I could just leave on so as to minimize things to dick around with.
View Quote
I can honestly admit that's completely reasonable. Makes much more sense than dramatizing pressing a single button.

I'd be taking a half second to check my optic regardless of rather it was a holo, RDS, or LPVO anyways as well as changing the battery regularly (unless I'm intent on seeing see how long it last). These are basic checks, like turning a door knob for me; that's why so many points made here are just moot imo. But I know everyone doesn't have the same training and doctrines drilled into them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here’s an interesting thought... Aimpoint Pro uses the batteries even when “off”. The lowest setting / off setting is actually setting one according to Aimpoint. Aimpoint PRO... even on its lowest setting it still on. So technically Aimpoint is eating batteries the whole time as well except Aimpoint has a much longer battery life due to the LED design vs lasers (eotech).

I still get the point of Aimpoint battery life is way better, just saying they eat batteries too while “off”.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 12:45:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Even with lithium batteries ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Here's an interesting thought... Aimpoint Pro uses the batteries even when "off". The lowest setting / off setting is actually setting one according to Aimpoint. Aimpoint PRO... even on its lowest setting it still on. So technically Aimpoint is eating batteries the whole time as well except Aimpoint has a much longer battery life due to the LED design vs lasers (eotech).

I still get the point of Aimpoint battery life is way better, just saying they eat batteries too while "off".
View Quote
The way I perceive the expression "eating batteries" would mean burning through them. Which the PRO would not meet that idea. However I don't know the other person meant.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The way I perceive the expression "eating batteries" would mean burning through them. Which the PRO would not meet that idea. However I don't know the other person meant.
View Quote
I get that and can understand that as well. I just thought this was interesting technical food for thought :)

I def like both Aimpoint and Eotech. And it’s already getting hot in here... definitely don’t wanna add fuel to the fire :)
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Is there a technical reason Eotech never adopted a "shake awake".

Seems this would mitigate the battery life issue a lot.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top