User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 913
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By patriot_man:
Getting back on topic.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162402&d=1313776316

Looks like these guys find the SR-D-IT usable. Personally I find that they're total shit.

Still can't get over the fact he has a mark 8 on that beast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:
Next week my block 1.5 should be done.
Specs:
PSA 14.7" carbine upper
KAC RAS
SU231 (3x option)
KAC 200-600m BUIS
SOPMOD stock

Also bought a cheap eotech 511 from the EE for the old school look if I felt so inclined.

Me too! Upper should be waiting for me when I get back to the states.  Game on!!! haha

My specs:
BCM 14.5" pinned
KAC RAS
Haven't decided on an optic yet eotech or elcan
SOPMOD or CAR stock
matech BUIS

Look forward to seeing your new lil lady. Those 1.5's are sexy.

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 7:51:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GAshooter11] [#3]
Double post... Shit!

Stupid old school dial up GITMO Internet

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 10:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
Next week my block 1.5 should be done.
Specs:
PSA 14.7" carbine upper
KAC RAS
SU231 (3x option)
KAC 200-600m BUIS
SOPMOD stock

Also bought a cheap eotech 511 from the EE for the old school look if I felt so inclined.

Me too! Upper should be waiting for me when I get back to the states.  Game on!!! haha

My specs:
BCM 14.5" pinned
KAC RAS
Haven't decided on an optic yet eotech or elcan
SOPMOD or CAR stock
matech BUIS

Look forward to seeing your new lil lady. Those 1.5's are sexy.

Thanks, I hope to get it all together soon. I REALLY REALLY want to paint everything but the eotech, but I'm a wuss.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By CujoTwoOne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lt9e0Cyu7Y

im not sure what to make of that video? i noticed the AK style mag reload, and a few stoppages that looked like what? mag related?
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the guy was having issues with weapons manipulation and malfunctions. Namely the PMAG extraction, in addition to removing his mag and charging the rifle repeatedly...

Still, very cool to see the Block II from the first person perspective.
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sinlessorrow] [#8]
Originally Posted By osha:
Looks like the guy was having issues with weapons manipulation and malfunctions. Namely the PMAG extraction, in addition to removing his mag and charging the rifle repeatedly...

looked like he had issues with the PMAG no idea why, then he fired one shot from the USGI and looked like it jammed, thus why he removed the mag you can clearly see a cartridge, maybe a casing fall out when he does

cant wait for reporters to see this video, just one more reason people say the DI sucks
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sinlessorrow:

looked like he had issues with the PMAG no idea why, then he fired one shot from the USGI and looked like it jammed, thus why he removed the mag you can clearly see a cartridge, maybe a casing fall out when he does

cant wait for reporters to see this video, just one more reason people say the DI sucks

Looks like the round fired from the usgi mag ejects into the wood door, and then back into the action. Or the door simply blocked any ejection.........
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m1ajunkie:

Looks like the round fired from the usgi mag ejects into the wood door, and then back into the action. Or the door simply blocked any ejection.........

HOLY SHIT! how did i miss that, you are correct, he had the ejection port up against the door lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:03:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mb121] [#11]
Originally Posted By CujoTwoOne:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lt9e0Cyu7Y

im not sure what to make of that video? i noticed the AK style mag reload, and a few stoppages that looked like what? mag related?

Ejection port blocked by the door on one.  On the first reload it looks like the pmag just didn't drop free he was just trying to knock it loose but didn't work out to well.

ETA: looks like it was all ready answered before I clicked submit.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:13:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#12]
Nice to see the Elcan.

Seems that it's mostly the MARSOC guys that run the Elcan...
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#13]
203s look heavy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I want a FA lower now...
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]

I want a FA lower now...

Makes me want to have an Elcan now.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

Makes me want to have an Elcan now.

My thoughts exactly––man, those things are sweet. I wish I could swing it but no matter what I consider selling I'm always about an optic and a few hundred dollars short. I guess I will just stick with my TA31RCO-M150 for now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I want a 203.....
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#18]
The video confirms that the M203 is used on the RIS II, not often seen in the while though.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:56:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Another great 2/75 Rangers pic at Tactical Fanboy...

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 11:47:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
203s look heavy.

They add around 3 lbs on to the rifle, the newer M320 is heavier than the M203.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 11:49:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Mb121:

203s look heavy.

It also looks bulky.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 11:51:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sinlessorrow] [#22]
Originally Posted By Mb121:
203s look heavy.

Heavier and bulkier since even mounted to the gun the M320 looks like the standalone
I think of the m320 as a prime example of it being chosen simply because of the hk name
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Arc'teryx rigger's belt on the Ranger above chicken wingin'. Never figured out what's so great about it...

Just googled MARSOC, since it seems this rifle is very popular with them. I don't think these pictures are reposts:

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#24]
More:

So many fucking airsoft pictures to sift through.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone find out where to buy insight bikini lense covers for the m3x? They won't sell to civvies?
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Well almost there on my next build:

CMT Upper receiever
M4A1 SOCOM barrel (deal lined up)
DD RIS II FDE (incoming from Rainier)
DD BCG (incoming from Rainier)
Gas tube
DD MK12 LPGB
SF FH556-212A FH
Troy front and rear flip up BUIS
Aimpoint T1

Just need to get everything together and then send away to adco.  Can't wait for this one to be put together.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#27]
perhaps I can just buy a M203 receiver and use a 37mm tube, until I get a DD stamp. Can't see myself waiting the whole time for another stamp with nothing to play with

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Am i the only one unable to see new posts
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:45:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#29]
Nice vertical foregrips on the MARSOC block II's. Who'll be the first in the thread to buy a $1000 Universal Control grip?!

and all these pictures of the 553 make me want to get one but I don't want to buy one and realize that all the clones have the EXPS3-0's.

Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Anyone find out where to buy insight bikini lense covers for the m3x? They won't sell to civvies?

I saw a guy on the EE selling the red and black one back in July of 2011. I think that's the only way you'll find them... or eBay.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Am i the only one unable to see new posts

No, it's pissing me off too.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#31]

and all these pictures of the 553 make me want to get one but I don't want to buy one and realize that all the clones have the EXPS3-0's.

In my opinion the only reasons to go with the 553 are: a) increased battery life and b) to be consistent with current pic threads. Otherwise, I see no reason to not go with the EXPS3-0TAN.

That said, I just sold mine as I ditched my duplicate Block II (ish) upper. My "new" one arrives tomorrow from ADCO with a Colt SOCOM barrel and a pinned SureFire FH556-212A. They shaved the FSB and I will slip the RIS II over the top of it (already removed the M203 hangers). It's on the LMT receiver I got from patriot_man which will sit atop a LMT lower (I have an unusual "thing" for LMT lowers). It will rock the TA31RCO-M150 and I have the KAC taupe front BUIS and 200-600m rear BUIS. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

In my opinion the only reasons to go with the 553 are: a) increased battery life and b) to be consistent with current pic threads. Otherwise, I see no reason to not go with the EXPS3-0TAN.

That said, I just sold mine as I ditched my duplicate Block II (ish) upper. My "new" one arrives tomorrow from ADCO with a Colt SOCOM barrel and a pinned SureFire FH556-212A. They shaved the FSB and I will slip the RIS II over the top of it (already removed the M203 hangers). It's on the LMT receiver I got from patriot_man which will sit atop a LMT lower (I have an unusual "thing" for LMT lowers). It will rock the TA31RCO-M150 and I have the KAC taupe front BUIS and 200-600m rear BUIS. Can't wait.

Looking forward to the pics.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:

So basically like this?

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]
There's no better looking eotech than the 553.

I was about to ask what VFG that was but $1k? Nevermind
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Found a bikini cover on ebay for $18. So i got it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 4:59:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Getting back on topic.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162402&d=1313776316

Looks like these guys find the SR-D-IT usable. Personally I find that they're total shit.

You can't knock something if it works, but I think someone got a little confused.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:16:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dog_dad] [#37]

If you're ever curious click this.  and I definitely have to agree with you on the 553.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#38]

If you're ever curious click this.

Hey, one is one sale for only $650! What a deal

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Awwww yeah. I might have sweetened/annoyed Postal enough to the point where he is going to sell me his DD M4A1.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Postal0311] [#40]
Originally Posted By kennym:
Awwww yeah. I might have sweetened/annoyed Postal enough to the point where he is going to sell me his DD M4A1.

Sure, just send me the payment.

Top one getting chopped into a MK18/CQBR.

Figured if I take a bandsaw and cut right though the assembled upper, I can end up with a MK18 barrel and rail at the same time.  

Edit:  Hmm, I will be nice, KennyM, I'll knock 5 dollars off my asking price.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By Postal0311:

Figured if I take a bandsaw and cut right though the assembled upper, I can end up with a MK18 barrel and rail at the same time.  

Haha.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#42]
who was that guy who was making these uppers for people? ill be looking into one in a few months and idont remember what page it was on
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#43]
who was that guy who was making these uppers for people? ill be looking into one in a few months and idont remember what page it was on

Are you talking about this?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/946388_Noveske_M4A1_Sopmod_Block_II_look_alike.html
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#44]

Neil at gun gallery in Jacksonville, fl.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#45]

+1 –– good stuff at reasonable prices.

Is the opinion about the black SpecterDR that it's not "cool enough"? They seem to be a lot easier to find, and cheaper too... I think I will be able to shell out the price of admission this summer...
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:30:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Is the opinion about the black SpecterDR that it's not "cool enough"? They seem to be a lot easier to find, and cheaper too... I think I will be able to shell out the price of admission this summer...

I think you're good to go. I'm in the process of doing the same.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Just paint that bitch desert-camo and nobody'll know otherwise.

Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my upper back with my lower being far far away. Have yet to get the flash hider pinned (Surefire 215) but I put it on to see how it looks... Looks like a duck. I'll post pictures soon but I'm starting to rethink my flash hider choice. lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Got my upper back with my lower being far far away. Have yet to get the flash hider pinned (Surefire 215) but I put it on to see how it looks... Looks like a duck. I'll post pictures soon but I'm starting to rethink my flash hider choice. lol

It's SOCOM's chosen muzzle device for the rifle, so if you've already got one...
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#50]

It's SOCOM's chosen muzzle device for the rifle, so if you've already got one...

+1
Page / 913
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top