BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 911
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:02:52 PM EDT
[#1]
newb question but does anybody know the proper timing for the surefire 4 prong? I just snagged one and got it in today and can't find much help with mt google-fu
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
Pinned muzzle devices are usually destroyed when removed.  I have seen a method where you drill a hole bigger than the pin and then use a bigger pin when reinstalling it.

But unless its an expensive md, I'd just get a new one.  Some md's don't lend themselves to that method, Surefires narrow shoulder comes to mind.
View Quote

It's just a BCM Extended A2 so it wouldn't be too big of a deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tonyxcom:
Pinned muzzle devices are usually destroyed when removed.  I have seen a method where you drill a hole bigger than the pin and then use a bigger pin when reinstalling it.

But unless its an expensive md, I'd just get a new one.  Some md's don't lend themselves to that method, Surefires narrow shoulder comes to mind.
View Quote

It's a BCM Extended A2 so it wouldn't be too much sweat off my back to destroy it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:
newb question but does anybody know the proper timing for the surefire 4 prong? I just snagged one and got it in today and can't find much help with mt google-fu
View Quote

I don't think there is a particular orientation to them. I'd just tighten them where the logo would be at 12 o'clock.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I don't think there is a particular orientation to them. I'd just tighten them where the logo would be at 12 o'clock.
View Quote

If you do it as described above, the slots will form roughly an "x" shape. You don't want a slot straight down, like if the slots were "+"
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:27:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M1a_AllDay] [#6]
Here's this if you want to get all technical with it.

Surefire install
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Just curious, has anyone ever seen the Acog TA02 in the wild?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody have a Brownell's RIS II FSP for sale?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Clear safe. Remove Upper from lower.  You can drill the hole with the original diameter bit and the pin will fall out.  Unscrew said muzzle device.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 3:11:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1811] [#10]
Here's mine

Lower:
Colt M4A1 Lower w/ Colt Ambi selector (factory SOCOM)
LMT SOPMOD FDE GEN 1
CQD Rear Sling Attachment

Upper: (Built and pinned by ADCO)
Colt Upper Square
Colt 14.5 SOCOM Barrel
Colt FA BCG
DD MK 12 gas block
Surefire 556-RC
DD RIS II M4A1 FDE
KAC Taupe front site
KAC 300 rear
PRI Gas Buster

Accessories:
TD VFG (Insight)
CQD Front Sling Attachment
VTAC Coyote Sling
Ergo FDE Ladders

Optics and Laser:
Eotech EXPS 3-0 Tan
Eotech G33 Tan Magnifier
Insight ATPIAL-C FDE
Insight M3X TAN (Led)
Insight Dual Switch TAN

Now for pics:

Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a heads up, I contacted DD about getting another RIS II to replace the one I had to let go, they gave me an ETA of late fall on having them available for purchase again.

Looks like my Block II build will actually get finished after all.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Just a heads up, I contacted DD about getting another RIS II to replace the one I had to let go, they gave me an ETA of late fall on having them available for purchase again.

Looks like my Block II build will actually get finished after all.
View Quote

Eyyy, there ya go.  I wonder if we'll see BCM putting uppers together again with the RIS II.  Pretty much the only upper I have any kind of regret selling.  Bummer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:29:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Harles] [#14]

My recent build. Will be replacing the DBAL with a PEQ15 in the near future.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Thoughts on using a 4X ACOG for a Block II.  I've got a T1 on it now but thinking about changing it up.  Thinking either a TA31ECOS if I could find an anodized version, a TA31RCO, or a TA01NSN.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Thoughts on using a 4X ACOG for a Block II.  I've got a T1 on it now but thinking about changing it up.  Thinking either a TA31ECOS if I could find an anodized version, a TA31RCO, or a TA01NSN.
View Quote

I've seen a NG team that had their Elcans turned in for whatever reason get reissued TA01NSNs for a deployment in Kuwait last year.  I've also have a TA31 at home that may ride my RIS II.  ACOGs are in SOCOMs inventory and do still get used.

CD
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:57:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#17]
View Quote

Reposts....

RIP
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Speaking of ACOGs on a Block II...

This has been the longest I've had a rifle setup without much change. It handles great and it's been my favorite rifle for years (Don't tell my Mk12)

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UsubM:
Speaking of ACOGs on a Block II...

This has been the longest I've had a rifle setup without much change. It handles great and it's been my favorite rifle for years (Don't tell my Mk12)
View Quote

How's the TA01NSN?  I have a TA31 on my Block I and am considering the TA01NSN for the Block II.  Never used one before, but I have no issues with the 4X ACOG's and the eye relief doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]

How's the TA01NSN?  I have a TA31 on my Block I and am considering the TA01NSN for the Block II.  Never used one before, but I have no issues with the 4X ACOG's and the eye relief doesn't bother me.
View Quote

You'll probably find the TA01 slower at closer ranges due to the lack of fiber optics and how the reticle is set up. I think it really just comes down to personal preference; I like having a crosshair vs the chevron. The optics quality and toughness is exactly what you'd expect from any ACOG.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:56:39 PM EDT
[#21]
ACOG is good stuff
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried many optics in the b2 and my faveorite was the ta31. 
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Santa left me a new in box B5 Crane Stock (Enhanced SOPMOD) Gen I. under my tree.  My favorite LGS also gifted me a new old stock Colt A2 pistol grip, looks like it rolled off the manufacturing line. It's 1F marked, shiny with distinct wide grip and back-strap and checkered features from the 1980 Colts.  (SA has 1C marked for $50) (I'm working on a 729 build, it will go with my Colt Fiberlite N1 stock). 

I still haven't decided which camo pattern to rattle can my Colt M4 GenII buttstock, but I'm looking forward to it.  I won't be rattle canning the entire carbine, it's all Colt, (if you have good attention to detail the grip is FNH made, with DD FDE Crekote to match the RIS FSP, I have the original new stock A2 grip; Cerakote may be in store for this entire carbine; DD FDE).  That's a Comp M2 2x on top.  Yes I know not blkII clone, but I returned my Eotech and I really love this optic, 2x magnification and no eye relief requirement, it's almost magical at close range you can keep both eyes open and at distance.  I'm sticking with the pinned BCM A2X until I decide on a can; I honestly like the NT4 better than the blkII option...   

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Core:
Santa left me a new in box B5 Crane Stock (Enhanced SOPMOD) Gen I. under my tree.  My favorite LGS also gifted me a new old stock Colt A2 pistol grip, looks like it rolled off the manufacturing line. It's 1F marked, shiny with distinct wide grip and back-strap and checkered features from the 1980 Colts.  (SA has 1C marked for $50) (I'm working on a 729 build, it will go with my Colt Fiberlite N1 stock). 

I still haven't decided which camo pattern to rattle can my Colt M4 GenII buttstock, but I'm looking forward to it.  I won't be rattle canning the entire carbine, it's all Colt, (if you have good attention to detail the grip is FNH made, with DD FDE Crekote to match the RIS FSP, I have the original new stock A2 grip; Cerakote may be in store for this entire carbine; DD FDE).  That's a Comp M2 2x on top.  Yes I know not blkII clone, but I returned my Eotech and I really love this optic, 2x magnification and no eye relief requirement, it's almost magical at close range you can keep both eyes open and at distance.  I'm sticking with the pinned BCM A2X until I decide on a can; I honestly like the NT4 better than the blkII option...   

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h145/SyPHERAO/MFOURAI.jpg

Merry Christmas!
View Quote

Looks good.  NT4 is good to go for Block II, plenty of pics out there, mostly used by MARSOC from what I've seen.  What are the details on the 2x Aimpoint?  Never heard of that before.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GeauxSouth86] [#25]
First block ii build. Waiting on an LMT. Optic is next- any suggestions other than an aimpoint?

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY FESTIVUS
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GeauxSouth86:
First block ii build. Waiting on an LMT. Optic is next- any suggestions other than an aimpoint?

http://imgur.com/Msi4nfX

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY FESTIVUS
View Quote

I think ACOGs look sweet on FSPs.  Clone police are going to string me up for this picture though lol.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Someone just sold a Ris ii fsp in FDE on the ee for $55.  Idk if he knew what it was but it looks legit, helicoils are usually the giveaway.  

It's labeled RAS ii lol wish I saw it in time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:48:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JoeyTwoSites:
Someone just sold a Ris ii fsp in FDE on the ee for $55.  Idk if he knew what it was but it looks legit, helicoils are usually the giveaway.  

View Quote

Got a link?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Got a link?
View Quote

No, but someone sold a MK18 rail for about the same amount last week.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]

No, but someone sold a MK18 rail for about the same amount last week.
View Quote

For $55?

Or was it a typo and he meant $550? Cuz that would be more believable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#31]
And an ris2 just sold for 250 and looks like it went WITH a kac taupe front sight. Hopefully this is a sign we truly will win so much under trump
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
And an ris2 just sold for 250 and looks like it went WITH a kac taupe front sight. Hopefully this is a sign we truly will win so much under trump
View Quote

Found some black FSP rails earlier that were going for $300.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#33]

Found some black FSP rails earlier that were going for $300.
View Quote

But but... black isn't CLONE correct!
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#34]

But but... black isn't CLONE correct!
View Quote

No, but Krylon is.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#35]
So, if I were to put together a clone, with it being pretty much correct aside from one major issue, which would be least likely to get me strung up?

A Dead Air muzzle brake or a Dead Air three prong?

I have a Sandman S in jail and I will never own a 556 RC would be the biggest reasons for this.

Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#36]
So, if I were to put together a clone, with it being pretty much correct aside from one major issue, which would be least likely to get me strung up?

A Dead Air muzzle brake or a Dead Air three prong?

I have a Sandman S in jail and I will never own a 556 RC would be the biggest reasons for this.

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/P1150650-900x600.jpg

http://cdn.gunsholstersandgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Dead-Air-Flash-Hider.jpg
View Quote

I'd say the brake would be less objectionable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:30:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnightWhoSaysNi] [#37]
A little glimpse of gear starting at 2:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6zG-OQsr8
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:37:53 PM EDT
[#38]

I'd say the brake would be less objectionable.
View Quote

I was leaning that way due to people using the MB556, but I wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Finally!  I've been following this thread since it started but I never had the funds for a RIS II.  

Any help getting the bolts tightened correctly?  One of them won't tighten all the way and I'm scared to strip the threads inside The rail.

The bolt up plate wouldn't be so bad if stripped; I can replace that, DD has them in stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:48:05 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Just saw that.  Unbelievable lol.  I just spent a truck load on my Ris ii.  Mines in great shape though.  No m203 hangers though.. but the markings match the one in the ee you mentioned with the strange part number ID.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Got a link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Got a link?

$55 RIS II
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#42]

$55 RIS II
View Quote

Mother fuck!
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 2:15:44 AM EDT
[#43]

Mother fuck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

$55 RIS II

Mother fuck!

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#44]

Mother fuck!
View Quote

Go get your RIS DEAL!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/609103079
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#45]

Go get your RIS DEAL!!!

View Quote

I wonder who in this thread started that sale...
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Someone should report that guy.  He's sold that rail like five times, same picture, more money each time.  Something fishy going on.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Go get your RIS DEAL!!!

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone should report that guy.  He's sold that rail like five times, same picture, more money each time.  Something fishy going on.
View Quote

Maybe he's got multiples and when he sees how much one had gone for, he tries for a higher price on the next and just keeps using the same pics.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah maybe.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 911
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top