Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:55:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#1]
URGI THREAD MADE IT TO PAGE 100!!!

Went and sighted in the 10.3 URGI and love it compared to the RISII so far
Used the Super 42 H2 buffer that bill sent me a while back and ran flawlessly unsupressed although it was only 60 rds. (i hate shooting rifles indoors)
Gonna Take it outside sometime this week and put a few hundred through it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
^^^
Good start for 100 lol
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
^^^
Good start for 100 lol
View Quote
Haha that first post was my space saver for page 100 while i found a good pic
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Also took a spare upper and through a fed rail on today and ran it while at the range, still like the URGI more but it will be another project in the future.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#5]
@Conner378

Any issues running that Federal rail with a 10.5 and Surefire can? Seems like it'd be a tight fit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By probably:
@Conner378

Any issues running that Federal rail with a 10.5 and Surefire can? Seems like it'd be a tight fit.
View Quote
It is a very tight fit and needed a couple extra timing shims, i would recommend a 10.7 barrel at the shortest.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Conner378:

It is a very tight fit and needed a couple extra timing shims, i would recommend a 10.7 barrel at the shortest.
View Quote
Thanks bro
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a PDF available anywhere for installing the G rail correctly? I'm going to pull the DD block off my UGR-I and swap for the G block that's coming with the ODG USASOC kit I bought on BF. I will then use the DD block on my 10.3 Mod1 build. Just want to make sure I do it correctly. It sounds like instructions come with the rail kits?
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:
Is there a PDF available anywhere for installing the G rail correctly? I'm going to pull the DD block off my UGR-I and swap for the G block that's coming with the ODG USASOC kit I bought on BF. I will then use the DD block on my 10.3 Mod1 build. Just want to make sure I do it correctly. It sounds like instructions come with the rail kits?
View Quote
Should be the same as this, except the tools. T30 wrench.

https://d524kaacpo0h1.cloudfront.net/media/files/SMR_MK14_M-LOK_Instructions.pdf
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By allensaldi:

The one on the left is the one that came in all the USASOC Kits and Federal Rail Kits. The one on the right is an older stainless one that I  have Nitrided myself. I had clearance issues with the Black one inside of a BCM QRF Handguard and needed to switch it out.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4896/32260540748_062fff7fac_c.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4863/32260540818_d401dfbb01_c.jpg
View Quote
very nice, care to post or Email me your black nitride method? hopefully DIY lol
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:53:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

That's nice.
View Quote
Ive never hidden it. anyone that needs anything i offer price matching where available. including 99051. hit me up on FB.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:13:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Be careful I did that with my wife, told her she needs a toy.

A week later she has a Dodge Charger
View Quote
Yeah, mine just took her CWP class and got her permit last month.  I made the mistake of showing her my RMR and mentioning that Glock made pistols that are made to mount them on the slide.  Guess what she's getting for her birthday!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BMWBIKR:

Yeah, mine just took her CWP class and got her permit last month.  I made the mistake of showing her my RMR and mentioning that Glock made pistols that are made to mount them on the slide.  Guess what she's getting for her birthday!
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:
Be careful I did that with my wife, told her she needs a toy.

A week later she has a Dodge Charger
Doesn't sound like a mistake to me. She gonna use it as her carry gun? Concealing an RMR kind of sucks but it is without a doubt faster than irons
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
CQBR URGI?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
This year my wife bought a Ford Lightning project. She has been having me teach her all kinds of stuff... she knows how to change the belts, service the supercharger, replace her brakes... hell, she packed her own wheel bearings. This spring she is gonna learn how to replace an oil pan gasket.

And a few weeks ago she bought a stripped lower receiver, so now she has her own rifle.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Used the Super 42 H2 buffer that bill sent me a while back and ran flawlessly unsupressed although it was only 60 rds. (i hate shooting rifles indoors)
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/C178BDC5-163E-46E6-A1CE-7EB3FB8FE48C_jpeg-758040.JPG
View Quote
Looks like you need more rail space. It needs a EXPS!

...And a LEAF sight.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 3:21:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4AZ] [#18]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Looks like you need more rail space. It needs a EXPS!

...And a LEAF sight.
View Quote
Im hunting down a EXPS now so the 553 can go back on the mk18 mod 1...

But for the price that rail scales wants for those sights....
Ill probably get one eventually though, hopefully the price might drop if that military contract doesn't come through
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:52:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By krdt:

In this case, that's a gentle euphemism for "stop just short of hitting your customers over the head and robbing them." heh
View Quote
Haha thats right!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

SB has a larger diameter bore, for use on SBRs where the bullet may not stabilize.
View Quote
Interesting
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Here to report my 10.3 URGI + GA H3 buffer and spring + GA single stage flat trigger

Ran .223 55 grain ammo flawlessly! Wasnt allowed to shoot anything else.

The indoor range I went to bans people from bringing their own, they stated green tip is damaging their target holder mounting things (hanging from the cable). Who knows...

So you have to buy their own stuff there, was PMC 55 grain .233 cheap as possible. Cost me $22 for 2 x 20 round boxes didn't get to shoot much since its a ripoff. The 10.3 shot much softer than my 14.5 Colt (both using same ammo). I guess the H3 buffer helps? The colt is stock, whatever comes in 6920 lowers. H1 I think.

Anyway, the group was fist-sized shooting fast, less than 1 second splits w/ the new GA single stage I was ripping it apparently. I don't have a timer, the first time being around one but my buddy said according to it that was really quick shooting. This thing was a joy. Everything about this URGI is excellent! Soft recoil impulse, no crazy fireballs or overly loud report and red dot stays right on target no matter your pace. Super smooth feeding.

ps. My Eotech from that BF/CM sale came in today. I put it on backward and was troubleshooting why the bottom lights up but no visible dot. Haha! All good now, I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing backwards. First the flash hider, now I almost called customer service bc the "dot was missing" while mounted wrong. Good thing most attachments are user-friendly or I'd be screwed.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By splbass17:
Here to report my 10.3 URGI + GA H3 buffer and spring + GA single stage flat trigger

Ran .223 55 grain ammo flawlessly! Wasnt allowed to shoot anything else.

The indoor range I went to bans people from bringing their own, they stated green tip is damaging their target holder mounting things (hanging from the cable). Who knows...

So you have to buy their own stuff there, was PMC 55 grain .233 cheap as possible. Cost me $22 for 2 x 20 round boxes didn't get to shoot much since its a ripoff. The 10.3 shot much softer than my 14.5 Colt (both using same ammo). I guess the H3 buffer helps? The colt is stock, whatever comes in 6920 lowers. H1 I think.

Anyway, the group was fist-sized shooting fast, less than 1 second splits w/ the new GA single stage I was ripping it apparently. I don't have a timer, the first time being around one but my buddy said according to it that was really quick shooting. This thing was a joy. Everything about this URGI is excellent! Soft recoil impulse, no crazy fireballs or overly loud report and red dot stays right on target no matter your pace. Super smooth feeding.

ps. My Eotech from that BF/CM sale came in today. I put it on backward and was troubleshooting why the bottom lights up but no visible dot. Haha! All good now, I think it looks more aesthetically pleasing backwards. First the flash hider, now I almost called customer service bc the "dot was missing" while mounted wrong. Good thing most attachments are user-friendly or I'd be screwed.
View Quote
What ever happened with the guy that was supposed to buy your SF4P? If it makes you feel any better, I've seen even SOF guys mount their EOTech backwards. And guess what, I even have a pic.

Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
I thought you would realize after seeing pictures posted of it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Some people learn slower than others. The fact he even told us at all tells me he's prob a cool guy
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok guys I currently own the 14.5" URG-I and I have a 10.3" URG-I on the way, that being said I think i MIGHT keep just one (I REALLY need a 300 blackout). I currently have a full-size surefire Rc2 en route and should get the stamp back for that in the next month or so. I also have a NF ATACR 1-8 in a DDC extended mount for either rifle. I am leaning towards keeping the short 10.3 because of the suppressor, an RC2 on the 14.5 is damn long around 20" and the RC2 on the 10.3 is definitely more ideal at about 16". That being said if you could only keep one which would it be.......whichever i decide will go down the road in favor of a 300 blackout for my other rugged surge762 suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: splbass17] [#26]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

What ever happened with the guy that was supposed to buy your SF4P? If it makes you feel any better, I've seen even SOF guys mount their EOTech backwards. And guess what, I even have a pic.

https://i.imgur.com/8jJOs2o.jpg
View Quote
Hahaha! Dude this is great, ok I feel better now.

p.s. he never followed up. i left it with him, for me to continue or just cancel. didnt want to bug him to answer so just kept the damn thing after i didnt hear back. i don't mind actually since i don't have the tools and kind of nervous to boil and didn't wanna pay the gun shop, im good keeping her. never knew it wouldn't twist off when i posted, i have zero experience with messing with ar's. lesson learned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Never knew about the pics, love it
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:06:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: splbass17] [#28]
Originally Posted By tylerm86:
Ok guys I currently own the 14.5" URG-I and I have a 10.3" URG-I on the way, that being said I think i MIGHT keep just one (I REALLY need a 300 blackout). I currently have a full-size surefire Rc2 en route and should get the stamp back for that in the next month or so. I also have a NF ATACR 1-8 in a DDC extended mount for either rifle. I am leaning towards keeping the short 10.3 because of the suppressor, an RC2 on the 14.5 is damn long around 20" and the RC2 on the 10.3 is definitely more ideal at about 16". That being said if you could only keep one which would it be.......whichever i decide will go down the road in favor of a 300 blackout for my other rugged surge762 suppressor.
View Quote
If your a cloner, maybe wait to see which one is adopted by the gov... chance they both won't be, also chance they will eventually but we don't know yet. From what I read here, maybe I'm wrong, I'm seeing talk about laser MOA shifts on the 14.5 being put on hold and the 10.3 not even being close to adopting. 300 blk is ideal for an SBR round and suppressed, so I wouldn't personally keep a 5.56 and 300 blk shorty. I'd personally go 14.5 URGI RECCE role with a 1-6 and 9 inch 300 BLK CQB role.

p.s. I used to have the AAC 300 BLK complete rifle, it was so damn nice. You can buy just the upper, they have a Knights rail.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#29]

p.s. he never followed up. i left it with him, for me to continue or just cancel. didnt want to bug him to answer so just kept the damn thing after i didnt hear back. i don't mind actually since i don't have the tools and kind of nervous to boil and didn't wanna pay the gun shop, im good keeping her. never knew it wouldn't twist off when i posted, i have zero experience with messing with ar's. lesson learned.
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/8jJOs2o.jpg

Roger. The reason I bring it up is the situation how it unfolded, if you guys locked in a deal and he decides he wants it still,  you'll either have to send it to him or you'll get EE banned for welching if he opens a negative feedback thread. Need to be more careful with your EE deals from now on, never ever make an ad before you even have the item, and better yet don't make the ad until you have the item, and the item off the barrel. Lol

Just trying to show you the ropes not give you a hard time. Anyways I'm glad you're liking it man that's awesome
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Roger. The reason I bring it up is the situation how it unfolded, if you guys locked in a deal and he decides he wants it still,  you'll either have to send it to him or you'll get EE banned for welching if he opens a negative feedback thread. Need to be more careful with your EE deals from now on, never ever make an ad before you even have the item, and better yet don't make the ad until you have the item, and the item off the barrel. Lol

Just trying to show you the ropes not give you a hard time. Anyways I'm glad you're liking it man that's awesome
View Quote
Good point, I appreciate it! I think of myself as a moral and nice guy day to day so definitely, don't want anyone to think I'm a dick with this ad situation. If he contacts me, I'll get back to work on removal., only for him though...I know you're not saying that... I just worried other people reading my ad may think so that who don't know me.

How do you do the "Ad Closed" in red thing? Do it yourself in front or is there a button somewhere?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Good point, I appreciate it! I think of myself as a moral and nice guy day to day so definitely, don't want anyone to think I'm a dick with this ad situation. If he contacts me, I'll get back to work on removal., only for him though...I know you're not saying that... I just worried other people reading my ad may think so that who don't know me.

How do you do the "Ad Closed" in red thing? Do it yourself in front or is there a button somewhere?
View All Quotes

Go to the "My EE Sales" tab, and to the right of your thread click the big red X and confirm. That will close the ad and turn it red, and in 30 days it will drop out to the archives
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#32]

Go to the "My EE Sales" tab, and to the right of your thread click the big red X and confirm. That will close the ad and turn it red, and in 30 days it will drop out to the archives
View Quote
Thanks dude!

Sorry all, I should have PMed you about this, didn't wanna get it off track here
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#33]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/448813/C178BDC5-163E-46E6-A1CE-7EB3FB8FE48C_jpeg-758040.JPG
View Quote
Amazing rifle brother,

Gonna start my build after the purchase sting of Christmas, wife's Dodge Charger and my Colt SOCOM wear off in January.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quick question (non-clone). If one were to go 16" on the barrel with an ops inc collar...would the AEM5 clear the rail?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
Quick question (non-clone). If one were to go 16" on the barrel with an ops inc collar...would the AEM5 clear the rail?
View Quote
Probably not unless the barrel's actual measurement was closer to 16.5" than 16.0".
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:11:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Probably not unless the barrel's actual measurement was closer to 16.5" than 16.0".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
Yeah looking at the 14.5 w/ a can and adding 1.5" in my head, its gonna be close. I would guess no go.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Well this will do for now until I get home.
Ignore the hotels terrible color scheme lol

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Lots of data to skim through for sure.

I see some PEQ-15’s on some of these clones, is that the only system being ran on these things?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#39]
What MLOK covers are you using?
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:17:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
Well this will do for now until I get home.
Ignore the hotels terrible color scheme lol

https://i.imgur.com/EIfKZ41.jpg
View Quote
What MLOK rail covers are you using? That's a very slick setup!
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Mauritius:
Lots of data to skim through for sure.

I see some PEQ-15’s on some of these clones, is that the only system being ran on these things?
View Quote
On the actual ones? We don't know because they probably aren't issued yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CrazyIvan101:

View Quote
Those look like Magpuls, I think they call them gen 2s
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:29:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#46]
Gentlemen (and ladies?), I got home late from work last night to a large package from North Wales, PA. I give you.....the Geissele URG-I raffle upper!
Please excuse the photo quality - working with an old iPhone for now.

All the contents

Assembled onto my M4 lower - soon to be replaced by a US Gov marked lower
with bonus Mk18 Mod0 clone upper that still needs optics.

It will be range tested tomorrow, and I expect it'll run great.

@GACS - just want to thank you guys for the opportunity and everything you've done with this and to support the shooting community in general. This is an awesome upper and I'm very grateful for it. Can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5L33P3R] [#47]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:
Gentlemen (and ladies?), I got home late from work last night to a large package from North Wales, PA. I give you.....the Geissele URG-I raffle upper!
Please excuse the photo quality - working with an old iPhone for now.

All the contents
https://i.imgur.com/VSdGYFC.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/2zJ3nHi.jpg?1

Assembled onto my M4 lower - soon to be replaced by a US Gov marked lower
with bonus Mk18 Mod0 clone upper that still needs optics.
https://i.imgur.com/FH8NDId.jpg?1

It will be range tested tomorrow, and I expect it'll run great.

@GACS - just want to thank you guys for the opportunity and everything you've done with this and to support the shooting community in general. This is an awesome upper and I'm very grateful for it. Can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow.
View Quote
looks great, hope it works out for you.  if you don't need all those little go juice packets hit me up, i like keeping a few of them on hand in my admin pouch.

-t
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CrazyIvan101:

View Quote
They are Magpul Type 1 Rail Covers.
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top