Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 268
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 5:57:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

But anything official? A lot of different optics pictured so I'm guessing it's up to the unit or operator.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Tano ATACR, and the sig tango also has a contract.

But anything official? A lot of different optics pictured so I'm guessing it's up to the unit or operator.

I believe those two LPVO’s are the SOCOM contract SFP and FFP scopes (whatever the official term is).  Aside from those would be individual or unit purchased.  Otherwise, the URGI is still using Block II accessories.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone have any intel on more Surefire 4P...or 3P for that matter? Can't find either anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SpartanNick:
Anyone have any intel on more Surefire 4P...or 3P for that matter? Can't find either anywhere.
View Quote
Just wait for the Surefire Black Friday sale.  50% off!  
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
Bout as official as your gonna get.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:49:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
#AllTheProngs
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:27:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Any leads on a Daniel Defense 11.5”?  I’ve searched everywhere I know of and they all seem to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#8]

View Quote
The ATACR is the only widely issued LPVO I've seen on URGIs.  Unless it's been quiet, Sig hasn't shipped any of their S-VPS scopes, yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
The ATACR is the only widely issued LPVO I've seen on URGIs.  Unless it's been quiet, Sig hasn't shipped any of their S-VPS scopes, yet.
View Quote

I don't know if they're fully fielded but last I heard, the plan was for two ATACRs per team which is a decent number.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By phlegm:
View Quote
Isn't the sig contract being disputed or something?

Personally don't see the point of having two separate LPVOs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought the Tango 1-6 was for Big Army and the ATACR was for SOCOM? I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I thought the Tango 1-6 was for Big Army and the ATACR was for SOCOM? I could be wrong.
View Quote
Two different contracts in which it won both from my understanding. Tango won the SFP for socom and ATACR won for FFP.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Big Army is getting the FFP Tango6T, SOCOM (or some SOF units) is getting the SFP Tango6T last I heard.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Two different contracts in which it won both from my understanding. Tango won the SFP for socom and ATACR won for FFP.
View Quote

Why does the mil have such a hard on for Sig lately...I don't get it.

They should've went with the Razor for the SFP version. The reviews I've seen for the Tango are kinda meh.

I guess its to pair it with the NGSW when it comes out.  I do hope Sig gets that one. The other 2 entries are retarded.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#15]

They should've went with the Razor for the SFP version. The reviews I've seen for the Tango are kinda meh.

I guess its to pair it with the NGSW when it comes out.  I do hope Sig gets that one. The other 2 entries are retarded.
View Quote

We all know why, but it's off topic.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I was able to pick up a Daniel Defense 11.5” barrel with factory pinned low profile gas block.  

So it looks like my 11.5” build is underway.  What optic would you guys suggest?  I’ve got a T2 on my 14.5” and I’m trying to not have identical builds (with the exception of barrel length).  

Ideas I’ve had so far are to pick up a CompM4s for the 14.5” and move the T2 to the 11.5”.  Or an Eotech or Elcan for the 11.5”.  I’ve decided I’m not a big fan of LPVO’s so I’m avoiding those as an option.  

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
I was able to pick up a Daniel Defense 11.5” barrel with factory pinned low profile gas block.  

So it looks like my 11.5” build is underway.  What optic would you guys suggest?  I’ve got a T2 on my 14.5” and I’m trying to not have identical builds (with the exception of barrel length).  

Ideas I’ve had so far are to pick up a CompM4s for the 14.5” and move the T2 to the 11.5”.  Or an Eotech or Elcan for the 11.5”.  I’ve decided I’m not a big fan of LPVO’s so I’m avoiding those as an option.  

https://i.imgur.com/lTDgLvh.jpg
View Quote

T2 on the 11.5. EXPS3 or CompM4s on the 14.5.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 4:04:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reekus] [#18]

Not a clone. But I dig it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#19]

https://i.imgur.com/lTDgLvh.jpg
View Quote

I’m a big fan of Eotech if your not going the LPVO route

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Have the Unity FAST mounts been seen/used?  Thinking of maybe going that route with a T2 and magnifier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Who else just got their emails stating their URG-I's have shipped?
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Have the Unity FAST mounts been seen/used?  Thinking of maybe going that route with a T2 and magnifier.
View Quote

Yes, I’ve seen it more than once.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 7:40:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Unity risers are being used but so far it’s guys who have bought their own not unit purchases just like guys running VCOG 1-8’s
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Will816] [#24]
I've got a question for anyone in the know with the Tango6T. My local shop has two of them on the shelf, one of them for MAP and one of them that appears to have a chip or piece of something on one of the lenses somewhere in the system that he said he'd sell for a big discount. The anomaly has to be on the reticle glass or something because it's in the 1st focal plane and only comes into view when you zoom way out between 1 and 2 power, otherwise it's out of the sight picture.

So anyway, this one with the optical issue has a QR code on top of the objective bell, while the other one for full price does not have a QR code. Anyone know what the significance of this is? Should I get it? They've always done me well and I told him that I'd try to figure out if the QR code had some value and make an offer accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

The ngsw program is retarded. The regular army just needs to adopt the URGI, MAWLs, and a LPVO and actually spend time training marksmanship not just doing the qual.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 3:35:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#26]
Originally Posted By Will816:
I've got a question for anyone in the know with the Tango6T. My local shop has two of them on the shelf, one of them for MAP and one of them that appears to have a chip or piece of something on one of the lenses somewhere in the system that he said he'd sell for a big discount. The anomaly has to be on the reticle glass or something because it's in the 1st focal plane and only comes into view when you zoom way out between 1 and 2 power, otherwise it's out of the sight picture.

So anyway, this one with the optical issue has a QR code on top of the objective bell, while the other one for full price does not have a QR code. Anyone know what the significance of this is? Should I get it? They've always done me well and I told him that I'd try to figure out if the QR code had some value and make an offer accordingly.
View Quote

All the ones with the mil spec engraved markings I've handled and have seen are overrun FFP versions with the DWLR6 Reticle, designed for for the HK M110A1 SDMR rifle, for use with M118LR ammo. The SIG Tango6T that won the URGI optic contract is supposedly a SFP optic and has a "SOCOM Hellfire" reticle designed for use with M855A1, while the FFP scope that won the contract was the Nightforce MIL-SPEC ATACR 1-8 with Nightforce ultramount. I'm sure that there are some correct SFP overruns with mil markings that are out there, just the vast majority I've seen and handled are not the correct SFP version. Take that for whatever it is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 10:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beefboi99] [#27]
Have the Gen 3 Razors been seen on issued URGI's?
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#28]
11.5” build has begun

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 12:21:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By beefboi99:
Have the Gen 3 Razors been seen on issued URGI's?
View Quote

I’ve seen one photo of one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:32:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By m1afan1000:
https://i.imgur.com/U5RdZLL.jpg
View Quote

Do you have another MRDS for weak side shooting as well?
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Do you have another MRDS for weak side shooting as well?
View Quote

I have a 3rd mrds, but it’s being used on another rifle.  I’ll try to find another one to do just that.

Quaternary sighting systems, bro.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:43:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Don’t know how to post pictures but on “Kagwerks” IG, they posted a couple pictures of Alaska Air National Guard with 11.5” (I think) URG-I’s. Someone in comment section said they’re “212th RQS (Alaskan Pararescue)”.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:13:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 04_e46:
Don’t know how to post pictures but on “Kagwerks” IG, they posted a couple pictures of Alaska Air National Guard with 11.5” (I think) URG-I’s. Someone in comment section said they’re “212th RQS (Alaskan Pararescue)”.
View Quote

PJ’s rock Mk18’s with Mk16 rails. I looked up the picture, 4 slots so old assuming they are indeed 10.3” uppers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Callahan:

PJ’s rock Mk18’s with Mk16 rails. I looked up the picture, 4 slots so old assuming they are indeed 10.3” uppers.
View Quote

Agreed.  Looks like they’re consistently running 10.3s with OSS suppressors now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
11.5” build has begun

https://i.imgur.com/EdfYXDQ.jpg
View Quote

And the upper is built.  I’ve got a tan Surefire Scout for it.  Just need an MLOK mount for that and a Modlite ModButton Lite.  Also need an optic and irons.  

As it sits, it’s a Colt C marked receiver, Colt BCG, DD barrel and gas block, and a Surefire 4 prong.  Will be going on a Colt SBR lower I have.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2021 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#37]

And the upper is built.  I’ve got a tan Surefire Scout for it.  Just need an MLOK mount for that and a Modlite ModButton Lite.  Also need an optic and irons.  

As it sits, it’s a Colt C marked receiver, Colt BCG, DD barrel and gas block, and a Surefire 4 prong.  Will be going on a Colt SBR lower I have.  

https://i.imgur.com/USznNBY.jpg
View Quote

Your Killing me smalls!!!!!  I'm awaiting my 14.5" DD to ship and 3 4 prongs that are on order via DSG and a gosh dayum'd 11.5" DD barrel........I've got the MK16 in 9.3, 10.5 & 13.5" DDC Flavors along with a nice selection of Mueller and Colt Uppers...........Waitng game is a bitch....
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Guys i tell you what though. The best thing came out of my urgi build was the newfound love for DD barrels. They had so much dragging bs from old overgassed mk18 barrels people stopped paying attention to them. 14.5” middy on the urgi is a tack driver. I picked up a 14.5” socom profile dd barrel and swapped it on a colt upper; fucker is submoa consistently.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

Your Killing me smalls!!!!!  I'm awaiting my 14.5" DD to ship and 3 4 prongs that are on order via DSG and a gosh dayum'd 11.5" DD barrel........I've got the MK16 in 9.3, 10.5 & 13.5" DDC Flavors along with a nice selection of Mueller and Colt Uppers...........Waitng game is a bitch....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GoRebels:

https://i.imgur.com/USznNBY.jpg

I’m really considering doing a 10.3”.  I’ve got everything to do a Block I CQBR, but I’m really thinking about changing direction and doing another MK16 railed upper.  Get both isn’t really an option, I only want to do one more short upper which will give each of my four stamped lowers a dedicated upper.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TBone556:

The ngsw program is retarded. The regular army just needs to adopt the URGI, MAWLs, and a LPVO and actually spend time training marksmanship not just doing the qual.
View Quote

When conducted to standard, the Army doesn't just do the qual.  If people are progressing beyond the grouping stage of table 4 and cannot group, its the units fault.  Same goes for confirmation during table 5.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Saw a URGI with Elcan 1-4x on a Texas national guard commerical on Hulu while binging the X files lol
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 11:46:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Where is everyone getting their clone correct uppers? I know big G isn’t making them anymore and just saw an ad at Charlie’s Customs:
CC’s clone correct URGI
I haven’t read the whole thread so sorry in advance. Any thoughts on these?
TIA
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:00:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HUFFCHAD:
Where is everyone getting their clone correct uppers? I know big G isn’t making them anymore and just saw an ad at Charlie’s Customs:
CC’s clone correct URGI
TIA
View Quote

This has the DD MK12 gas block, which I thought USASOC got rid of in favor of the unnamed DD low profile pinned gas block.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#45]
CC’s clone correct URGI
TIA
View Quote

I built both my 14.5” and 11.5”.  Just source the parts individually.  The hardest parts to find right now will be the barrels.  If you are going for 100% clone correct you’ll want to get the barrel direct from Daniel Defense.  It’s the only way to get the correct gas block.  Daniel Defense doesn’t sell it separately.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 12:03:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By manticore:

This has the DD MK12 gas block, which I thought USASOC got rid of in favor of the unnamed DD low profile pinned gas block.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By manticore:
CC’s clone correct URGI
TIA

You are correct, the MK12 gas block is not the right one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Opticsplanet has URGI stripped uppers (no bcg, CH, or muzzle device) in stock (13 as of right now)

Go to the ARFCOM Opticsplanet coupon thread for a 10% off coupon to bring it down to $819 shipped,

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 2:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#48]
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been super busy. I've had gun parts laying around for months that I haven't gotten around to installing.

Heads up, might not want to buy one of those new "URG-I"s.

This thread shows that new MK16 rails are coming with a new, not clone correct, QD sling mount as seen in the picture below.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been super busy. I've had gun parts laying around for months that I haven't gotten around to installing.

This thread shows that new MK16 rails are coming with a new, not clone correct, QD sling mount as seen in the picture below.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138579/urgsh_png-2179592.JPG
View Quote

And just like that, the prices of the non-qd version just went up...
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138579/urgsh_png-2179592.JPG
View Quote

Maybe we'll see them in use in the future?
Page / 268
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top