Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

MAC did a new video on his BCM mk12 mod 0

https://youtu.be/QrpA4TicX_M

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Nice mod0 and pic.  But I never understand how guys shoot wtih the buttstock so far collapsed.  My wrist would be totally bent past what feels normal.  I suppose it helps put the weight further back though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
Nice pic
Originally Posted By davekeller:
I took my MK12 out yesterday and my buddy got this rad photo of it.

https://d3vv6lp55qjaqc.cloudfront.net/items/0W2a07292U3c3O3g2H0M/DAVE%20KELLER%20PEW%20PEW-FINALS-0054.jpg?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=594338

Nice mod0 and pic.  But I never understand how guys shoot wtih the buttstock so far collapsed.  My wrist would be totally bent past what feels normal.  I suppose it helps put the weight further back though.

Yeah, I typically have my stock completely collapsed on most ARs and this is the only one where I pull the length out a bit. It has never really bothered me I guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

I just watched the video and I know mine isn't completely clone correct but his rifle bothered me and the way he was talking about inspired builds. I guess once you deep dive into the MK12, you get a little more touchy about the subject when watching a video like that. I'm just glad he at least had the right can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
We need to convince youtube to change their policy so when anyone wants to upload a specific MK12 video (and have "MK12" in their title), the uploader first have to get permission from one of the main people in this thread.  

In all seriousness, I gave up on trying to find MK12 info on youtube...so much airsoft or AR's that might have 1-2 Mk12 parts.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

https://s9.postimg.org/f7bsquvu7/Zombo_Meme22082016171205_22082016171205.jpg

i love the smell of fresh blood in the afternoon

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Originally Posted By Engineer5:

Originally Posted By ShaneWang:

Originally Posted By WillysJeep:

Recommended source for A2 stock kit for a Mod 0? Looking at the PSA and Anderson Manufacturing options currently.

Thanks

Don't you dare putting an A2 on a mod 0 . Get yourself an A1 from EE, that's what you need

[golf clap] God.....Damn.....Right. [golf clap]

Here here. A1 only.

https://s9.postimg.org/f7bsquvu7/Zombo_Meme22082016171205_22082016171205.jpg

i love the smell of fresh blood in the afternoon

Haha, awesome meme. And it's a Stihl too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:15:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#7]

Will look for an A1. Going on lower with PRI upper with an AEM5 that should clear the forms end of this year.
View All Quotes
Will look for an A1. Going on lower with PRI upper with an AEM5 that should clear the forms end of this year.
You care if it's painted?

Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Been there. The mod0 that is no more.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#8]
wrong can or not, i stihl know whats good.

lol.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By chenault:

With the MOD 0 it's because the scope has to sit so far forward.  I have to so something similar.  

Thanks again Samson for the stock, I have big plans for it.  As soon as I get some time that is.  Damn kids are demanding.
View All Quotes
Nice pic

https://d3vv6lp55qjaqc.cloudfront.net/items/0W2a07292U3c3O3g2H0M/DAVE%20KELLER%20PEW%20PEW-FINALS-0054.jpg?X-CloudApp-Visitor-Id=594338

With the MOD 0 it's because the scope has to sit so far forward.  I have to so something similar.  

Thanks again Samson for the stock, I have big plans for it.  As soon as I get some time that is.  Damn kids are demanding.

Couldn't he move it back some.  It seems like there is room.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#10]

<a href="https://postimg.org/image/82mv598th/" target="_blank">https://s10.postimg.org/7d42sw8a1/Zombo_Meme22082016193351_22082016193351.jpg</a>

View All Quotes

<a href="https://postimg.org/image/82mv598th/" target="_blank">https://s10.postimg.org/7d42sw8a1/Zombo_Meme22082016193351_22082016193351.jpg</a>

I was going to post the vid in here, but I'm not one of the cool kids and I figured I'd get strung up.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:51:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#11]

View All Quotes
Nice pic

Actually, he might be able to.  His rear sight doesn't sit up as high as mine does.  It's one of the reasons why I like the collapsible stock on it more than the A1, though I'm soon switching back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Recommended source for A2 stock kit for a Mod 0? Looking at the PSA and Anderson Manufacturing options currently.

Thanks

View Quote
Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]

wrong can or not, i stihl know whats good.

lol.
View Quote

Haha.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By secretwheelman:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5588/14419019184_7f14f6282a_o.jpg

View All Quotes

Hot ratchet and saw.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By chenault

Actually, he might be able to.  His rear sight doesn't sit up as high as mine does.  It's one of the reasons why I like the collapsible stock on it more than the A1, though I'm soon switching back.

Gotcha.  That rear sight.  It's always something.  On the Mod1's the ARMS keeps the scope almost too far back, IMHO, and then on the MOd0's it's too far forward because of the rear sight on the rail.  LOL.  But we gotta have clones.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Hot ratchet and saw.

View All Quotes

Hot ratchet and saw.

I miss that dirty bitch.

Barrel's finally finding a new home, so I only have the stock left to remember it by.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#17]
"Inspired" is for people who don't have the balls to go all the way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I went all they way....and then some on my Mk13...
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Anyone have a clear picture of an ACE SOCOM Gen 1 stock?
Or possible pictures of Gen 2 and Gen 3 stocks too?

Bigger & clearer the better.

I'm going to be hitting a lot of gun shows coming up and I'm definitely on a lookout for one of these stocks. It would be nice to see big/clear pictures showing the changes in each subsequent generation.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Regulatori:

I'm going to be hitting a lot of gun shows coming up and I'm definitely on a lookout for one of these stocks. It would be nice to see big/clear pictures showing the changes in each subsequent generation.

Thanks
View Quote
Any of the recent pics of HaveBlue83's Mod H clone should have the Gen I captured. I know there are a few close ups of the stock in here just from him.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

Any of the recent pics of HaveBlue83's Mod H clone should have the Gen I captured. I know there are a few close ups of the stock in here just from him.
View All Quotes

Thanks

easiest way to tell is the square shaped catch on the stock. no square, no correctness. gen 1 only. i know ONE has what looks like a late gen 1 or a gen 2 but we are all going with personal purchase on that one. its got a single side sling loop slit on it.

i have 2 gen 1's that i have ripped apart and i can get pics of at my place if you need some specific shot of them.

i also locked my adjuster with a pull type spring with close coils. the locking notch does indeed fucking SUCK lol. THEY WILL WEAR OUT. so i just locked it where i shoot it and its actually solid now. more contact and more tension.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:39:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kirbykid25] [#22]
Quick question for guys running mod h with the aem5.

Are you guys using a standard, or adjustable gas block?  I know an adjustable is not clone correct, but am courious if anyone is running one with the aem5 on a 16", and how its running.

Im building one and am thinking about using an slr adjustable gas block.  I know it wont be clone correct, but not concerned about that( i dont wann turn this into a clone correct thing either)  simple seeing how 16" guns with standar gas blocks are running suppressed, and if anyone is running an adjustable.

The main reason for asking is im building more of a recce(using a larue 12 rail instead of knights) and the slr gas block wont allow the rail to slide over it.  I could egg out the rail, or use a standard gas block, not sure which to do.

Apologize if this is the wrong place, just figured best place to get aem5 specific info.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blkrmycs] [#23]
Originally Posted By kirbykid25:

Are you guys using a standard, or adjustable gas block?  I know an adjustable is not clone correct, but am courious if anyone is running one with the aem5 on a 16", and how its running.

Im building one and am thinking about using an slr adjustable gas block.  I know it wont be clone correct, but not concerned about that( i dont wann turn this into a clone correct thing either)  simple seeing how 16" guns with standar gas blocks are running suppressed, and if anyone is running an adjustable.

The main reason for asking is im building more of a recce(using a larue 12 rail instead of knights) and the slr gas block wont allow the rail to slide over it.  I could egg out the rail, or use a standard gas block, not sure which to do.

Apologize if this is the wrong place, just figured best place to get aem5 specific info.
View Quote

Mine works just fine. 16 INCH  midlength. Ballistic advantage government profile for ops 12 profile. A5 w/ rifle wight buffer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
No need for an adjustable. Just go with a proven barrel. Mine shoots great with and without a can.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:

View All Quotes

Your have a mk13??!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:47:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#26]

easiest way to tell is the square shaped catch on the stock. no square, no correctness. gen 1 only. i know ONE has what looks like a late gen 1 or a gen 2 but we are all going with personal purchase on that one. its got a single side sling loop slit on it.

i have 2 gen 1's that i have ripped apart and i can get pics of at my place if you need some specific shot of them.

i also locked my adjuster with a pull type spring with close coils. the locking notch does indeed fucking SUCK lol. THEY WILL WEAR OUT. so i just locked it where i shoot it and its actually solid now. more contact and more tension.
View All Quotes

Thanks

I might just go for a Gen 4 if I can't find an earlier one. I'm sure it's frowned upon but I love the look of a Mod H with one.

EDIT: I have the worst luck with getting the top of the page.

Has this one been posted?

Mod1 with sopmod stock. I'm assuming it's a civilian but not 100% sure.

It was at the top of this article about MK12's.
http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=3386

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]
you can use a gen 4 but it WILL bother the hell outta ya after awhile.

waking up with cold sweats at 2am becuz not clone corect will be a real thing lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Do you have a good side clear side profile picture you could post of your Gen 1?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Do you have a good side clear side profile picture you could post of your Gen 1?
View Quote

I've got a gen 2 I will use for now. From what I hear a gen 1 is very very scarce. I have never seen one for sale and I've been looking for 6-8 months. I consider myself lucky to get the gen 2. I paid 130.00 for my gen 2. I think 125-130 has been what the gen 1 and gen 2 have gone for. I think. Someone here got a gen 1 off armslist and paid 125.00. It's pretty clear cut like Haveblue said. Round button no go, square button good to go.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#30]
What is the last gen with the square button?

I also remember seeing someone mention the earlier gen's had a "meat tenderizer"...I'm assuming it's referring to the stock's buttplate. Was that only on Gen 1s too?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#31]

I also remember seeing someone mention the earlier gen's had a "meat tenderizer"...I'm assuming it's referring to the stock's buttplate. Was that only on Gen 1s too?
View Quote

That part I don't know. I think 3-4 had the rippled butt plate. My gen 2 is straight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:45:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#32]

That part I don't know. I think 3-4 had the rippled butt plate. My gen 2 is straight.
View All Quotes

The "tenderizer" part is under the rear of the stock.

This is the only picture I have currently that kinda shows it.

This is better.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
afaik ONLY gen 1 is square. and only gen 1 will be correct "as ISSUED"

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:02:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JJREA] [#34]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/GwiT6X" target="_blank">https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7135/26597254413_b5332e61e1_o.jpg</a>

This is better.
https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/149/149181.jpg

View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/GwiT6X" target="_blank">https://c6.staticflickr.com/8/7135/26597254413_b5332e61e1_o.jpg</a>

This is better.

I'm not up on all the clone optics.  Can I ask what scope that is?  Looks great BTW.  Those Hollands though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:

Your have a mk13??!!
View All Quotes

Your have a mk13??!!

Have you not paid any attention?

I have a sniper rifle clone thread Bee Tee Dubs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#36]
Oldie

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Your have a mk13??!!
View All Quotes

Your have a mk13??!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

Your have a mk13??!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/BurtSaun/Memes/3504902-what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnail_zps6680afe7.jpg
I lol'd.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

Your have a mk13??!!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/BurtSaun/Memes/3504902-what-you-did-there-i-see-itthumbnail_zps6680afe7.jpg

Hehehee
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I am running a ballistic advantage barrel with a standard low profile block with an H2 buffer and AEM5.  runs like a champ....
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Can anyone provide some help with installing the top rail?  It's baffling me.

It appears it doesn't fit over the top rail on the forearm. I started the night by loosening the section of rail on the top guard, and by loosen, I mean I took the screws all the way out, dropped the two metal backing plates, and spent the last hour or so getting them back in place.

Moving on, I followed the directions on the PRI website, and the top rail seems to not want to fit over the rail on the hand guard. Am I missing something?  The directions don't mention anything extra about fitting it.

I bought it off the EE so I guess maybe I could have gotten the wrong part?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bboehme:

I am running a ballistic advantage barrel with a standard low profile block with an H2 buffer and AEM5.  runs like a champ....
View All Quotes

Appteciate the response as well as the others.  Im sure it will run, and run well, but im guessing overgased?  Thats my main reason for wanting to run the slr adjustable,  but cant get it to fit under the larue rail(i figured out how to install, but rubs the inside of the rail)  

Sorry if this is derailing the thread, more courious about the overgassing on the mod hs, if its really even an issue?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RedSS454:
Can anyone provide some help with installing the top rail?  It's baffling me.

It appears it doesn't fit over the top rail on the forearm. I started the night by loosening the section of rail on the top guard, and by loosen, I mean I took the screws all the way out, dropped the two metal backing plates, and spent the last hour or so getting them back in place.

Moving on, I followed the directions on the PRI website, and the top rail seems to not want to fit over the rail on the hand guard. Am I missing something?  The directions don't mention anything extra about fitting it.

I bought it off the EE so I guess maybe I could have gotten the wrong part?  

Thanks.
View Quote

Did you buy it off of Blanco_Diablo? If so, that's the direct connect version. It connects directly to the handguard and replaces the top rail.  Should have it's own backing plates and screws, and installs to the forearm in the same fashion as the existing top rail.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Why are you my mk12 guru/mind reader?  

Thank you. So I did all that fishing for nothing?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Your have a mk13??!!

He's trolling you, dawg.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#46]

I'm not up on all the clone optics.  Can I ask what scope that is?  Looks great BTW.  Those Hollands though.
View All Quotes

This is better.

2.5-8x36

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#47]

Appteciate the response as well as the others.  Im sure it will run, and run well, but im guessing overgased?  Thats my main reason for wanting to run the slr adjustable,  but cant get it to fit under the larue rail(i figured out how to install, but rubs the inside of the rail)  

Sorry if this is derailing the thread, more courious about the overgassing on the mod hs, if its really even an issue?
View All Quotes

try syrac ordnance.  their gen II gas block is about as low profile as they come...  http://www.syracordnance.com/collections/gas-blocks/products/gen-ii-750-adjustable-low-pro-solid-gas-block
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:47:52 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Ask in the Ops/AE thread, but short answer is it's not correct and a waste of money if you ask me.

I own a 16" with AEM5, and it's pretty soft shooting with an H2 buffer and no gas buster. No gas to face either, but this will of course vary by rifle.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Both the rifle, and carbine are the same. No sling loop.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:41:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#50]
i went OG on the "fresh mod H" look. i like it.

Page / 1196
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top