BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 23
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:16:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#1]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Heads up, AKOU shows these in stock (the 5.56 version). I ordered one last night and got a shipping notice this morning.

One question, does it come with all the necessary hardware to mount onto a carry handle? I know it has a mount, but I saw an additional hardware add-on on PA's site. I have a rifle I want to try this on with that configuration.
View Quote
All but the screw for carry handle mounting I believe.
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:
Kenzie's optics also had the 556 in stock
View Quote
Good looking out both of you.

Ordered myself one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Had one left and I ordered. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They must of had like 2. That's where I ordered mine
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
View Quote

It said one left. Hopefully we didn't order at the same time
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

I ordered at 9:15 pacific time, then posted. I hope there were 2, cause then I might feel guilty

I checked after you posted and it was out of stock.

Got to order me a qd base next, and maybe some new irons. Or just rock my old utg super slim upfront and Matech again. It would be a rugged combo with some range compensation in line with the 3x's capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#6]
I ordered at 9:15 pacific time, then posted. I hope there were 2, cause then I might feel guilty

Got to order me a qd base next, and maybe some new irons. Or just rock my old utg super slim upfront and Matech again. It would be a rugged combo with some range compensation in line with the 3x's capabilities.
View Quote

I think we're good! My receipt is for 15 minutes after you, and order confirmation another 15 minutes after that. It showed oos immediately after I ordered.

Not sure what I'll do yet. Looking to put this on my 13.7 in lieu of my Steiner P4xi. It'll drop a pound. Probably put the Steiner on my wife's 16 and sell her RT-6.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#7]

I think we're good! My receipt is for 15 minutes after you, and order confirmation another 15 minutes after that. It showed oos immediately after I ordered.

Not sure what I'll do yet. Looking to put this on my 13.7 in lieu of my Steiner P4xi. It'll drop a pound. Probably put the Steiner on my wife's 16 and sell her RT-6.
View All Quotes

Also got my confirmation shortly after ordering

I'll be replacing a Viper 1-6. Build was originally sub 6 pounds with irons. Would like to get back under 7 with the light irons and optic. Should be around 6.5 when done.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:46:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#8]
Glad I canceled my PA preorder! Being in April I’m not sure when I would have got it. AKOU for the win. They still have them in stock too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My pre order arrived this morning, got it mounted up and about to bore sight it. Immediate impressions echo what most other folks have said, glass looks good for the price and the reticle is plenty large enough. The eye relief is quite a bit tighter than the 1x, and I have it mounted a lot further back because of this.
At inside the room and inside the house distances this optic does give a bit up to the 1x and RDS type sights. I tried reading lettering about 1" tall on a cardboard box about 40 feet away, and there is some loss of resolution at that distance.  It's not enough to hinder targeting, but it's noticeable. At 80 feet, lettering of similar size is clear as can be.

I'm hoping to take it out tomorrow for a test drive, will update if so.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zaitsev9130] [#10]
akou.. Im assuming ak operators union, appears to have them in stock,  idk how many but i have one in the cart now.  I just placed an order on PA's website a few days ago,  should i cancel that and order from akou? are they legit the same thing?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:46:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MallNinja531] [#11]
Originally Posted By Zaitsev9130:
akou.. Im assuming ak operators union, appears to have them in stock,  idk how many but i have one in the cart now.  I just placed an order on PA's website a few days ago,  should i cancel that and order from akou? are they legit the same thing?
View Quote

Yes AKOU is legit. I shot one yesterday purchased from them on a friend's gun, and I ordered mine from them Friday night, had a shipping confirmation Saturday morning, and it's supposed be arriving Tuesday.

In regards to the optic itself, the one I got to play with yesterday was the 7.62x39/300blk version mount on a Romanian akm. Didn't get to stretch it too much, but shot it from 75 to 200 yards. It performed as advertised and as has been reported here. Glass was nice and clear, reticle was appropriately sized, held zero fine (only put around 300 or so through it though) and is definitely just a neat and tidy little package of an optic. Eye box is definitely a little tighter than a 1x, but it's magnified so I don't feel surprised by that. Eye relief was comfortable, though on the ak the mounts can vary sometimes and has some say on that matter. Also individual preferences will sway that some. In this case I didn't find myself having to move my natural position on the gun much to achieve a good sight picture. Again, this will vary depending on the gun/person.

There have been a lot of comparisons to acogs on this thing. I have a TA31 I'll take out and compare alongside my 556 version PA optic here soon. I know that's a 4x compared to a 3, fiber optic versus battery, yada yada, so not quite even, but it's the best I got and from a functional aspect I think would be worth comparing. But my initial impression in that regard from yesterday's experience behind one for the first time is that this is a great "poor man's acog". It's about 75% of the optic for about 25% of the cost. If these things prove to be durable long term, PA put out a real winner with this one, in my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I’d order from AKOU then cancel with PA once it’s confirmed. PA would take a lot longer since AKOU only sells what they have in stock.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Good to hear!

I think that more of a  direct comparison is the Burris rt-3 and the PA 3x MP,  I wish someone would do a side by side with pics though the glass with those two.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Done!   got an order conf last night from akou.

I dont have any ak's so would have never though to even look there!

my bday is mid june and i want to do a big mountain shooting trip and realllly was stressing whether or not the Micro prism would be here in time from primary,  but now hopefully  It wont be an issue!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Got an ADM AD-B2 mount on the way, and already prepared the rifle it's going on.

It's amazing how this rifle feels removing almost 2 pounds off of it.

Dead on 6 pounds 5 ounces unloaded with irons and light, so overall it will be a little heavier than I was hoping when the 3x is on.

If my estimates are correct, it should come in around 6 pounds 15ish ounces,  which is a good improvement over 8 pounds 2.4 ounces. That's with attempting to guess the weights with the base swapped. Slightly lighter than my 11.5 with dot, light and irons

Could shave a couple oz to be sure to keep it under 7 pounds if magpul ever releases the gen 3 mbus

Plus the BDC will be nicer than the mil reticle of the Viper once I true the zero in Strelok.

As is, it's been reverting back in to the K.I.S.S. rifle I originally built it as.

Soon-ish.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
same here!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#18]
got  shipping notice today from  AKOU!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]
got  shipping notice today from  AKOU!!
View Quote
Kenzie's shipped mine as well!

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:52:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spyderboy03] [#20]
View Quote

Mine too. Supposed to be here Friday.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:59:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#21]

View All Quotes

Nice!

I was messing around in Strelok, and a 50 or 55 yard zero will give a good all arounder bdc for a 14.5" shooting both 55 and 62 grain 5.56. 55 yards is more correct on the 62 grain.

I'll probably stick to 50 since I mostly shoot m193 clones, but a m855 clone would be such a slight hold under its close enough for .gov work. It's also about a half MOA down from 50, so 2 clicks according to Strelok.

Great for the SHTF/TEOTWAWKI crowd, or lazy people that don't want zero for one load
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Robski delivers! I ordered this Friday night, it showed up today. Color me pleased.

Attachment Attached File

I was going to put it on a bone stock Palmetto m4-gery I use as a truck gun (it currently sports a removable carry handle, clamshells, as basic and stripped down as it gets) but I checked my parts stash and have a spare upper, lower, 15" rail, and pretty much everything needed except a barrel so I think I'm going to throw that together instead.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Robski delivers! I ordered this Friday night, it showed up today. Color me pleased.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/505993/IMG_20220516_173145208_jpg-2386382.JPG

I was going to put it on a bone stock Palmetto m4-gery I use as a truck gun (it currently sports a removable carry handle, clamshells, as basic and stripped down as it gets) but I checked my parts stash and have a spare upper, lower, 15" rail, and pretty much everything needed except a barrel so I think I'm going to throw that together instead.
View Quote
Throw a Gunner barrel on it. Nice light and handy carbine

The home for mine when it arrives:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
mine is also going on a 16" gunner barrel upper, m4e1 lower. I didnt intend to do a "lightweight build", but its turning out to be a nice light all around "GP carbine"

I had initaly put a 1-6 on it but it completely changed the feel of the rifle for the worse.  i took my 1x micro prism off my 10.5" and put it on there just to see how it felt and its perfect!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#25]
mine is also going on a 16" gunner barrel upper, m4e1 lower. I didnt intend to do a "lightweight build", but its turning out to be a nice light all around "GP carbine"

I had initaly put a 1-6 on it but it completely changed the feel of the rifle for the worse.  i took my 1x micro prism off my 10.5" and put it on there just to see how it felt and its perfect!  
View Quote
I had a Viper 1-6 on mine. Balanced right. But the weight felt wrong.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:54:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Machobuck] [#26]
I just got mine today, and I can't get the diopter to rotate. Is it supposed to rotate/adjust or am I dumb?

I've got a strong grip from powerlifting, yet I can't get this damn thing to rotate. I don't want to break it. Anyone else having this issue?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:55:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Machobuck:
I just got mine, and I can't diopter won't rotate. Is it supposed to adjust or am I dumb?

I've got a strong grip from powerlifting, yet I can't get this damn thing to rotate. I don't want to break it.
View Quote
I've been reading these and the 1x are super tight, yet the knurling isn't too grippy.

Sounds normal unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#28]
the 1x I got was fairly tight,  but not to the point to where i couldnt turn it,  it loosened up after a few turns as well.  

I did read someone else had to use an adjustable spanner wrench to turn it,  use some leather or something between the ring and the jaws.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:02:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Machobuck] [#29]
I've been reading these and the 1x are super tight, yet the knurling isn't too grippy.

Sounds normal unfortunately.
View Quote

Thanks for the response!

LOL I ended up getting it to rotate shortly after posting. Sucker was on there tight but is moving now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:36:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#30]
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Loving mine. Can't wait to get out and use it.
Eye box is fine. Quite good imo. Relief could be better but I have no problems with it. Thrilled to finally have a good affordable acog alternative.

View Quote

I just got my 3x and this mount looks like what I need.  Anybody able to confirm that it's the one linked below?

https://www.admmfg.com/ad-b2-modular-base

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#31]
Originally Posted By MonolithicRP:

I just got my 3x and this mount looks like what I need.  Anybody able to confirm that it's the one linked below?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MonolithicRP:
Originally Posted By Moses06:
Loving mine. Can't wait to get out and use it.
Eye box is fine. Quite good imo. Relief could be better but I have no problems with it. Thrilled to finally have a good affordable acog alternative.

https://i.imgur.com/TNHWr9sh.jpeg

Looks about right.

The one I ordered off Amazon looked like it had the classic lever, but came with the tac lever. Looks legit by the markings, so I would say that one is safe. Not the titanium lever like you linked.

Messing with the base, I'm probably gonna hate the extra slot my matech takes up, its tight up against the mount so I just paid for some mbus pros of the EE
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:34:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#32]

Using one of the spacers I don't care about:

The 10-32 won't thread in at all.
The M5 threads in but it is tight. No damage.
Factory screws thread in nice and easy.

Another easy test.

Magpul BUIS Screws are 10-32.
So i took the nut from one of these.
The factory screws won't thread into a 10-32 nut.
Factory Screws thread into an M5 nut but feel a tad looser than the Mcmaster Carr M5 screws I have on hand.

These have to be metric.

I just need some concave head screws that will work with this.
Seriously weird. Honestly ran into the same issue with the Fullsize 3x.

(10-32 Screws are from multiple sources)
10-32 screws from rs regulate and ak master mount don't thread in.
View Quote

Coming back to this since I now have a 3x in my hands.   Online 3x manual still says 10-32 thread, my hardcopy that came with the optic says m8x0.8.

The screws included with the 3x are the same as the ones that came with my 1x optics based on my measurements.
By measurement, I'd say the supplied screws are 10-32 and not m5x0.8, though its hard to tell since the thread specs are close between the two anyway.
The included screws thread right into a 10-32 nut.
The 10-32 screws I sourced elsewhere thread into both the 1x and 3x optics without any signs of a problem.

I don't have any m5x0.8 screws on hand to check against.  This whole thing just seems odd.  I sent an email to PA to ask for clarification but if I can get some m5x0.8 screws I'm going to see how well they seem to fit the threads.

ETA:  I forgot to add...I don't think Magpul buis hardware is 10-32.  Pretty sure its 10-24, so checking either 10-32 or m5x0.8 against those nuts isn't going to work.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#33]
the 1x I got was fairly tight,  but not to the point to where i couldnt turn it,  it loosened up after a few turns as well.  

I did read someone else had to use an adjustable spanner wrench to turn it,  use some leather or something between the ring and the jaws.
View Quote

My 1x was pretty tight when I got it as well, but after I got it to move, it adjusted freely afterward. The SLx 3x magnifier was the same.

Then about 2 weeks later I tried to further adjust both diopter rings, and the one on the 3x mag would not budge. I tried a rubber grip, a strap wrench, even a pair of channel locks with a rag to avoid marring the finish ... nothing would get it to move. I called PA, and they said to return it for an exchange.

Not sure why it adjusted freely at first, and then froze up a couple of weeks after. I didn't even shoot it during those two weeks. I did use the FTSM a few times, but that definitely should not have caused the diopter ring to freeze up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Stoopalini:

My 1x was pretty tight when I got it as well, but after I got it to move, it adjusted freely afterward. The SLx 3x magnifier was the same.

Then about 2 weeks later I tried to further adjust both diopter rings, and the one on the 3x mag would not budge. I tried a rubber grip, a strap wrench, even a pair of channel locks with a rag to avoid marring the finish ... nothing would get it to move. I called PA, and they said to return it for an exchange.

Not sure why it adjusted freely at first, and then froze up a couple of weeks after. I didn't even shoot it during those two weeks. I did use the FTSM a few times, but that definitely should not have caused the diopter ring to freeze up.
View Quote

whats FTSM stand for?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:46:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stoopalini] [#35]

whats FTSM stand for?
View Quote

Flip To Side Mount

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-flip-to-side-magnifier-mount-1-14in-2-bolt-interface
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#36]

oooh thats nice!
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]

oooh thats nice!
View Quote

It's pretty convenient

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:54:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Stoopalini:

It's pretty convenient

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/560536/FTSM-2365888.jpg
View Quote

this has me thinking about using the FTSM on the 3x prism( not magnifier)  and some folding buis.  if you need to run it cqb style you could flip to side and flip up the irons.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:04:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#39]
Just got mine in.

For those using the ADM mounts, is it normal to only have 2 screw slots available? I assume it will hold fine

Also, had to remove the matech. I can't get the qd lever where I want because of the darn elevation knob. Good thing mbus pros are on the way.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got mine in.

For those using the ADM mounts, is it normal to only have 2 screw slots available? I assume it will hold fine

Also, had to remove the matech. I can't get the qd lever where I want because of the darn elevation knob. Good thing mbus pros are on the way.
View Quote

2 should be fine. I can only use 2 on my AK Master Mount.

Didnt the 1x only use 2?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#41]

Didnt the 1x only use 2?
View All Quotes
Just got mine in.

Didnt the 1x only use 2?
The 1x manual shows three.

I'm digging the the 1.64 mount. Let's me get further back while leaving room for a sight, and I'm not splitting the image over the top of my glasses. It's surprising how far back you can go and still see through it as well.

It's also brighter than I expected. Not nuclear, but plenty bright pointing at the mid day overcast sky.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm digging the the 1.64 mount. Let's me get further back while leaving room for a sight, and I'm not splitting the image over the top of my glasses. It's surprising how far back you can go and still see through it as well.

It's also brighter than I expected. Not nuclear, but plenty bright pointing at the mid day overcast sky.
View Quote

Nice!! mine is out for delivery right now even though eta wasnt until tomorrow!

im also hoping the mount that gets it up and back over the rear buis will work out well.

idk anything about the screws as with my 1x i just left it in the mount that came installed
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:10:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#43]
Just got mine. If you ordered from AKOU check the bottom of the box for swag.

I saw a couple people say it’s isn’t daylight bright. Either there are some quality variances, or they’re high. Mine is nuclear.

The BDC is tiny. Better than the old 3X for sure, but I can’t make it out on anything but a light background. Lucky for me I don’t need to shoot running men at 600 yards. Lots of reticle features I’ll never likely use, but I digress. Some might. I much prefer the 1X reticle.

Glass quality is surprisingly decent. I’m not seeing any chromatic abberation. While not world class glass, it punches well above its cost and I’d say glass quality is very much improved from my 1X. If you compared this to any of the big Chinese LPVO’s (including their own) at 3X, this prism blows them out of the water in glass quality.

The turrets are surprisingly nice. Firm and audible.

The diopter on mine is perfect.

The illumination adjustment is pretty awful. Tough and mushy. It’s the exact same as the 1X so no surprise there.

The eye box is not nearly as bad as some reviews would have you believe. There is a YouTube reviewer that trashed on it for its tight eye box. I’m guessing he isn’t that experienced and is used to red dots. That or he is OCD and won’t take shots with any shadowing in odd positions and/or on the fly.

I should be taking mine out this weekend. Shooting with it can change things, but my initial impression is me being just as blown away by it as I was my 1X, maybe more.

Definitely disregarding my earlier thought about just pushing the sights forward. Going to order some offsets but they likely won’t be here in time for my range trip.

Little brother next to big brother.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#44]
Originally Posted By olds442tyguy:
Just got mine. If you ordered from AKOU check the bottom of the box for swag.

I saw a couple people say it's isn't daylight bright. Either there are some quality variances, or they're high. Mine is nuclear.

The BDC is tiny. Better than the old 3X for sure, but I can't make it out on anything but a light background. Lucky for me I don't need to shoot running men at 600 yards. Lots of reticle features I'll never likely use, but I digress. Some might. I much prefer the 1X reticle.

Glass quality is surprisingly decent. I'm not seeing any chromatic abberation. While not world class glass, it punches well above its cost and I'd say glass quality is very much improved from my 1X. If you compared this to any of the big Chinese LPVO's (including their own) at 3X, this prism blows them out of the water in glass quality.

The turrets are surprisingly nice. Firm and audible.

The diopter on mine is perfect.

The illumination adjustment is pretty awful. Tough and mushy. It's the exact same as the 1X so no surprise there.

The eye box is not nearly as bad as some reviews would have you believe. There is a YouTube reviewer that trashed on it for its tight eye box. I'm guessing he isn't that experienced and is used to red dots. That or he is OCD and won't take shots with any shadowing in odd positions and/or on the fly.

I should be taking mine out this weekend. Shooting with it can change things, but my initial impression is me being just as blown away by it as I was my 1X, maybe more.
View Quote
I wouldn't say nuclear bright, but I only really tested it against the overcast noon sky

I'll have more time to mess with it this weekend, but so far I pretty much agree.

At least in today's local weather, I would say the glass and view are about on par with a Viper PST 1-6. And the illumination was about as bright, or at least seemed that way because of the larger illuminated reticle.

ETA: I can make out the BDC fine though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#45]

im also hoping the mount that gets it up and back over the rear buis will work out well.

idk anything about the screws as with my 1x i just left it in the mount that came installed
View All Quotes

The middle height mount that was factory installed got up and over a matech rear with no issues, but I wanted my qd lever on the left side facing rearward and the range adjustment on the matech got in the way unless I slid the optic up a notch.

If you prefer nose to charging handle, and don't mind a chin weld, the straight spacer and tallest cantilever will nestle the eye piece in on top of an A2 style fixed rear without touching. It won't sit flush with the charging handle though. Or flush with the back of the fixed sight, but it worked when I messed with it
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:45:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zaitsev9130] [#47]
Originally Posted By PrimaryArms:

The mounting screws included with the product are threaded at a 10-32 pitch to match the Primary Arms magnifiers.  The magnifiers available from other manufacturers such as EOTech and Vortex are threaded for M5x.8mm screws.  The 10-32 screws provided with our mount will typically thread into an M5 magnifier socket, but may not provide as strong a connection.  To avoid any possibility of failure, please be sure to use the correct size screw for your desired magnifier when installing it on our mount.  If you are unable to supply your own M5 mounting screws, contact customer service and they can help you get the correct fasteners.
View Quote

This right here is why i've become a  PA fan. Well, in addition to the innovative and affordable optics.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Just got the 3x, where do i start.

diopter is stiff but not hard to adjust.

the brightness adjustment dial feel nice. my 1x cyclops has a mushy but functional dial, this one has nice clicks between each setting.

its just as if not brighter than my 1x cyclops, plenty bright, though i usually use the black etching alone.

the reticle size is totally useable.  its not exactly large, but its not small either.  to me it is easier to see the lines and dots and stuff than it was on either the vortex or burris 3x prisms, those both were small compared to this one. its also larger than the one in the 1x cyclops, which is a bit on the small side.

eye box is little tight,  but its really the main tradeoff or compromise when going to a prism.  its not TOO tight and is comparable to other 3x micro prisms, but is smaller than the other options as well.

glass is great, but to be honest i dont have alot of experience with super high-end glass.   the image feels little brighter( more/ better light transmission) than the 1x cyclops, which is way better than my holosun RDS.

I think im going to use the straight spacer. though if i want to run BUIS ill go with the 1.64 high cant mount.  I may just run it clean with only the optic at least until i can get the QD mount.

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Just got the 3x, where do i start.

diopter is stiff but not hard to adjust.

the brightness adjustment dial feel nice. my 1x cyclops has a mushy but functional dial, this one has nice clicks between each setting.

its just as if not brighter than my 1x cyclops, plenty bright, though i usually use the black etching alone.

the reticle size is totally useable.  its not exactly large, but its not small either.  to me it is easier to see the lines and dots and stuff than it was on either the vortex or burris 3x prisms, those both were small compared to this one. its also larger than the one in the 1x cyclops, which is a bit on the small side.

eye box is little tight,  but its really the main tradeoff or compromise when going to a prism.  its not TOO tight and is comparable to other 3x micro prisms, but is smaller than the other options as well.

glass is great, but to be honest i dont have alot of experience with super high-end glass.   the image feels little brighter( more/ better light transmission) than the 1x cyclops, which is way better than my holosun RDS.

I think im going to use the straight spacer. though if i want to run BUIS ill go with the 1.64 high cant mount.  I may just run it clean with only the optic at least until i can get the QD mount.

View Quote
The 1.64 is nice. In Strelok, the height difference doesn't change much in the bdc, but the feel when getting behind it is nice.

If you don't mind going through Amazon, they have the ADM B2 qd mount in stock. Picture shows the original lever, but mine showed up with the tac lever.

Damn nice for 80 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 2:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#50]
2 reasons I've avoided acogs are the lack of diopter adjustment...

And this:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Zero washout from a dark room in to a light area, and still bright illumination, even against the bright clouds

Eta: Compared to the Viper 1-6 I just got rid of, on a well lit day, this little 3x is a little clearer and easier to ID at longer distances. I don't think I will miss the extra magnification.

Both eyes open is also stupid easy. Can't wait to get to the range and really test it out.
Page / 23
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top