Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
One of those would be nice on my Glock 20.

Excited to see some reviews
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They released 1,000 units this morning and they sold out in 15 min…..little upset
View Quote

Where did you hear of this?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
They posted an Instagram story that they were in stock and I had a few friends that were able to snag one for themselves.

They being Aimpoint
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I could have gotten one, I never got the email in stock notification either. I’ve had it preordered for months so hopefully retailers start getting more soon.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wish I could have gotten one, I never got the email in stock notification either. I’ve had it preordered for months so hopefully retailers start getting more soon.
View Quote

I didn’t get the email either, pisses me off because they sure did make sure we got the Christmas sale email hours after they sold out of the new ACROs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't see any ability to sign up for an email alert from Aimpoint.us...

If it's in your wishlist, do they automatically send emails?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I was alerted by Scalarworks that their Acro P-2 combos were in stock.
But they were OOS when I got to the page.
Maybe they got some?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They posted an Instagram story that they were in stock and I had a few friends that were able to snag one for themselves.

They being Aimpoint
View Quote
Watch out 13er, you're about to break 10 posts on this issue.

Deep breath...step away from the keyboard.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was alerted by Scalarworks that their Acro P-2 combos were in stock.
But they were OOS when I got to the page.
Maybe they got some?
View Quote

I checked the Scalarwork's site immediately after I got the same email and can confirm the P-2 with 1.57" mount was listed as being in stock for a brief time.  I didn't order one as I don't need the mount and expect the P-2 to be available soon anyway if Scalarworks already got a shipment.

I was checking for ACRO stock at EuroOptic the other day when and I discovered that Steiner recently released an ACRO lookalike called the MPS that uses the ACRO mounting footprint.  EuroOptic has them in stock now.  I am somewhat skeptical as I have had some issues with Steiner electronics in the past so I'll wait for reviews.

Introducing the Steiner MPS (Micro Pistol Sight)
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Watch out 13er, you're about to break 10 posts on this issue.

Deep breath...step away from the keyboard.
View Quote

I just lurk lol
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:05:01 AM EDT
[#11]
My Eurooptic backorder from June 19th just shipped this morning. Should be here Tuesday.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My Eurooptic backorder from June just shipped this morning. Should arrive sometime next week.
View Quote

My May 29th backorder from Euro Optic also says shipped this morning
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:38:28 AM EDT
[#13]
I too got my eurooptic shipping notification this morning (my order was May 25)
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#14]
My order is from July 14th, still no shipping notification, but I am glad orders are starting to get filled and shipped.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I checked the Scalarwork's site immediately after I got the same email and can confirm the P-2 with 1.57" mount was listed as being in stock for a brief time.  I didn't order one as I don't need the mount and expect the P-2 to be available soon anyway if Scalarworks already got a shipment.

I was checking for ACRO stock at EuroOptic the other day when and I discovered that Steiner recently released an ACRO lookalike called the MPS that uses the ACRO mounting footprint.  EuroOptic has them in stock now.  I am somewhat skeptical as I have had some issues with Steiner electronics in the past so I'll wait for reviews.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmN_8_3RDoU
View Quote

More choices are good.

But... why did they have to select yet ANOTHER WEIRD & HARD TO FIND BATTERY (CR1632)?!?  That is why I'm not in love with the Holosun 509T.

I'm waiting for the ACRO P2 because of several reasons, including that it uses a CR2032 Battery.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#16]
My acro P2 that I pre ordered June 7 shipped today from Euro Optic. Says it will be here Wednesday!
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My acro P2 that I pre ordered June 7 shipped today from Euro Optic. Says it will be here Wednesday!
View Quote

+1 for me as well. I look forward to an Aimpoint P2 Christmas for my gen 4 G17
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Could someone who received their P2 would post on hand pictures and may be a review?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Got mine today!

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Got mine today!

https://i.imgur.com/AXr7V2l.jpg
View Quote

How do you like it? How’s glass?does it have huge amount of blue tint?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How do you like it? How’s glass?does it have huge amount of blue tint?
View Quote

No tint. Clear glass. Zero fish eye. It’s pretty sweet
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

No tint. Clear glass. Zero fish eye. It’s pretty sweet
View Quote

Outstanding. Whenever you get a chance, would you compare the P-2 to the T2 under those sweet sweet NODs? I'm wondering about light transmission and if there is any perceptible difference between them in their ease to acquire a sight picture. I'm trying to decide which one I would want piggybacked on a LPVO more. TIA
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Outstanding. Whenever you get a chance, would you compare the P-2 to the T2 under those sweet sweet NODs? I'm wondering about light transmission and if there is any perceptible difference between them in their ease to acquire a sight picture. I'm trying to decide which one I would want piggybacked on a LPVO more. TIA
View Quote

I will. As soon as I do I’ll get back to you on it
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 12:45:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Anybody have trouble installing the battery? I couldn’t get it to stop popping out.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Anybody have trouble installing the battery? I couldn’t get it to stop popping out.
View Quote

Mine did that a couple times. Just gotta push it in, hold it, then cover it with the cap really quick
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Got mine today!

https://i.imgur.com/AXr7V2l.jpg
View Quote

Man that’s awesome, digging that bazooka green on your slide also
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Man that’s awesome, digging that bazooka green on your slide also
View Quote

Thanks brother
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

I'm in love.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Guess I’m going to be waiting for a in stock notification for a while, is that a G45?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:16:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Guess the supply lines went dead.
I had hopes for a steady roll out.
At this rate I'll have to back order a P3.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#31]
It’s only been 3 weeks since the first real shipment landed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Plenty of P-1's are available...

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Plenty of P-1's are available...

View Quote

BARF!  

Link Posted: 1/11/2022 10:43:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Guess the supply lines went dead.
I had hopes for a steady roll out.
At this rate I'll have to back order a P3.
View Quote

No shit. I'm about to say fuck it and buy RMR at this rate.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No shit. I'm about to say fuck it and buy RMR at this rate.
View Quote

Speaking of Trijicon...

Has anyone heard any rumors about them jumping into the Closed Emitter RDS game?  I can't see them just sitting by while their RMR market lead is further eroded.
Link Posted: 1/11/2022 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Speaking of Trijicon...

Has anyone heard any rumors about them jumping into the Closed Emitter RDS game?  I can't see them just sitting by while their RMR market lead is further eroded.
View Quote

The only rumor I heard is that they'll be available before the P-2.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Aimpoint announced a new product which seemingly will take the entry level spot in their product lineup that the PRO currently holds.  I wonder if the button interface is going to standard going forward.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the AImpoint "Duty" will be widely available before the P-2.

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Speaking of Trijicon...

View Quote

I also heard that another big optic company will be releasing a closed emitter optic this year and Trijicon is the only one I can imagine that would be releasing it.

How many times is this that Aimpoint has missed their timeline for availability for the ACRO? I’m going to give it another 2-3 weeks and if i can’t get one I’m going to give the Steiner MPS a go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Speaking of Trijicon...

View Quote

Yes, I have heard that rumor from people in the industry.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 9:44:14 PM EDT
[#40]
FFS, still no word on any new shipments??

Link Posted: 1/29/2022 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’m going to give it another 2-3 weeks and if i can’t get one I’m going to give the Steiner MPS a go.
View Quote

What I did.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#42]
They’re now saying late feb/early March. Company is a fuckin joke, the new Geissele.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:01:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Aimpoint announced a new product which seemingly will take the entry level spot in their product lineup that the PRO currently holds.  I wonder if the button interface is going to standard going forward.  Anyway, it will be interesting to see if the AImpoint "Duty" will be widely available before the P-2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veSX0R264g4

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They're now saying late feb/early March. Company is a fuckin joke, the new Geissele.
View Quote

To be fair, as far as we know Aimpoint is not covertly sacrificing quality to get the P-2 out.  It does seem to be sacrificing reputation by not hitting release dates.

Nice, a low key product announcement followed by availability within a few weeks.  The P-1 design using a ridiculously low capacity battery, the Hollywood-esce P-2 promo videos in March 2020, and the continually delayed P-2 availability makes me wonder if a different division within Aimpoint is responsible for the ACRO line.

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What I did.
View Quote

Reasonable.  However, the MPS "13,000 hour battery life on medium" statement doesn't clarify typical usage battery life.  Is anyone running a test to see how long the MPS will run continuously on a daylight bright setting?  A 1632 battery generally has about 2.5 to 3 times the capacity of the 1225 used by the P-1, so I would hope the MPS would run for at least 6 months on a daylight bright setting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Reasonable.  However, the MPS "13,000 hour battery life on medium" statement doesn't clarify typical usage battery life.  Is anyone running a test to see how long the MPS will run continuously on a daylight bright setting?  A 1632 battery generally has about 2.5 to 3 times the capacity of the 1225 used by the P-1, so I would hope the MPS would run for at least 6 months on a daylight bright setting.
View Quote

We shall see.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They’re now saying late feb/early March. Company is a fuckin joke, the new Geissele.
View Quote

Man are you serious?!? What in the fuck
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#48]

I will say the MPS looks really clean, I hope the P-2 release fiasco ends soon
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone know what Aimpoint's definition of "optical window" is? User manual states 16mm x 16mm, but looking at the sight picture, the Acro is like a window inside a window. Is the 16mm square what you can see through or the dimensions of the glass? Asking because I'm trying to size my backup irons.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top