[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rustyboy:

8 or 11 or 14" barrel?
View Quote

Sorry about that. With an 11" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]
And does anyone know what to list for the name and address of the maker on the form 1? Is it CZ USA? Or CZ in the Czech Republic? Does anyone know the address?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By cashewnut:
And does anyone know what to list for the name and address of the maker on the form 1? Is it CZ USA? Or CZ in the Czech Republic? Does anyone know the address?
View Quote

My form 1 was approved with just CESKA ZBROJOVKA, CZECH REPUBLIC
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Same
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:

My form 1 was approved with just CESKA ZBROJOVKA, CZECH REPUBLIC
Same

I had "CZ CZECH REPUBLIC" on my submission and they changed it to "CZ-USA, UNITED STATES".
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cashewnut:
Does anyone know the overall length for a Bren 2 with an ACR stock? I want to SBR mine. Apologies if this was asked somewhere in this thread but I couldn’t find it.
View Quote

A very helpful member told me that for his 8", he used 28.5 for OAL.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

I had "CZ CZECH REPUBLIC" on my submission and they changed it to "CZ-USA, UNITED STATES".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:
Originally Posted By tifosi:

Same

Interesting. Did they kick it back to you to change, or did they change it?
Here's exactly how I registered my 2S ...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2020 7:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting. Did they kick it back to you to change, or did they change it?
Here's exactly how I registered my 2S ...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/20200503_120750_jpg-1398967.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N_Parker:

My form 1 was approved with just CESKA ZBROJOVKA, CZECH REPUBLIC
Same

I had "CZ CZECH REPUBLIC" on my submission and they changed it to "CZ-USA, UNITED STATES".
Interesting. Did they kick it back to you to change, or did they change it?
Here's exactly how I registered my 2S ...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78310/20200503_120750_jpg-1398967.JPG

At the time I submitted  "CZ CZECH REPUBLIC" as manufacturer (as on receiver) and BREN 2 MS for model.  So as you probably already know, BREN 2 MS was not in the drop down so it went pending research.  When the form went submitted in process the mfg box had "CZ-USA, UNITED STATES" in it.    Unfortunately the form kicked out because I didn't include  "CZ" as part of the model.   Wasted a set of fingerprints....

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:55:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gonnasellstuff] [#9]
Has Anyone here shot the Bren 2 ms Carbine for accuracy at 100 yards or heard any reveiews showing its accuracy results?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Anybody get a tracking number for their BR stock from Euro Military yet?
View Quote

I put an order in for a couple even though it said out of stock. My money has been debited from my account. I haven't heard anything from Petr. The bren 2 stocks arent listed on his site anymore.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I put an order in for a couple even though it said out of stock. My money has been debited from my account. I haven't heard anything from Petr. The bren 2 stocks arent listed on his site anymore.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
Anybody get a tracking number for their BR stock from Euro Military yet?

If you wait for him to get more, I'm sure he'll send them to you, or you could request a refund if you don't want to wait.
I've seen them come and go on his site a couple times. They don't stay in stock for more than a day it seems, then he pulls the listing off
the site, when there's no stock. Not sure how often he gets more from CZ.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I put an order in for a couple even though it said out of stock. My money has been debited from my account. I haven't heard anything from Petr. The bren 2 stocks arent listed on his site anymore. 
View Quote

He said he has put in an order with Cz. He said he had to take listings down because he received 50x the in stock amount in orders. Which stock did you order? I ordered the original stock. I keep 2nd guessing my decision because I like the look of the BR stock as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think he's going to try to rip me off or anything but a "hey I got your order and when I get more stock in, they will be mailed" would be reassuring.

I got 2 BR stocks. Almost did one of each but I remember initial reports of the standard stocks wobbling a lot
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#14]
On a different topic, does anyone know what ACOG that GIGN is using on their Bren's?
Obviously a TA-02, but anyone know what reticle?

Also, I know that they have the RMR on there, but what's the thoughts on the practicality
of a 4x optic on an 8" CQB carbine?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By gonnasellstuff:

He said he has put in an order with Cz. He said he had to take listings down because he received 50x the in stock amount in orders. Which stock did you order? I ordered the original stock. I keep 2nd guessing my decision because I like the look of the BR stock as well.
View Quote

Same here. I ordered right when they went out of stock. The payment went through, and I am not really worried about it. I just figured he's send me something at some point via email. It seems from others he's an honest guy. We'll see. Hopefully one shows up!
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:
I don't think he's going to try to rip me off or anything but a "hey I got your order and when I get more stock in, they will be mailed" would be reassuring. 

I got 2 BR stocks. Almost did one of each but I remember initial reports of the standard stocks wobbling a lot
View Quote

Its wobbly only if you extend all the way out beyond the last position.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:11:14 PM EDT
[#17]
So what's the consensus on stock quality?  Need to figure out what to put on my Bren 2 and thinking either a Dan Haga + ACR stock or a CZ Bren 2 BR stock if I can find one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
So what's the consensus on stock quality?  Need to figure out what to put on my Bren 2 and thinking either a Dan Haga + ACR stock or a CZ Bren 2 BR stock if I can find one.
View Quote

I think the ACR stock looks miles better, but its a $100 more setup.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lordboogie] [#19]

He said he has put in an order with Cz. He said he had to take listings down because he received 50x the in stock amount in orders. Which stock did you order? I ordered the original stock. I keep 2nd guessing my decision because I like the look of the BR stock as well.
View Quote

That is correct, I reached out as well to see why they pulled the listing, and it was due to the huge demand. I have received my tracking number and its already en route ETA Wednesday. But, I ordered early while they were still showing in stock - when he first told me he had listed them. I believe he only had 8 stocks total when they were first listed.

Because of that, that's why I did not post that they had stocks available here, because I knew the demand would not meet what was in stock.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Update about the the Bren 2s Pic Rails from Preston Precision -

Harry is sending me out one side and one bottom rail to test fit. I'll post pictures on the Bren 2 once I have them installed.

Link Posted: 5/4/2020 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
So what's the consensus on stock quality?  Need to figure out what to put on my Bren 2 and thinking either a Dan Haga + ACR stock or a CZ Bren 2 BR stock if I can find one.
View Quote

It just comes down to personal preference.

The BR stock matches in finish/material, it allows you to field strip without tools, it’s “clone correct”.

The ACR stock is arguably “better” since it has an adjustable comb but you might not need that feature.

I just realized I don’t know if the BR stock locks closed but if it does that’s something it has over the ACR.

Either stock is going to be sufficient in terms of durability and performance for 99.999% of users/applications.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#22]

I also don't have the patience to wait for a tax stamp, .
View Quote

They’re only taking 3 or 4 weeks right now. Mine was 24 days.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:53:49 PM EDT
[#23]
So here’s what the HBI hand guard, an 8” barrel and a Dead Air Sandman with the flash hider mount timed to 12 o’clock looks like.

It’s a tight fit but there’s no contact.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#24]
What do you guys think of a Magpul UBR stock on the Bren 2?  Really love the UBR on ARs and it is pretty close to an ACR stock minus the adjustable cheek riser.  And since the Bren 2 is already ready to accept buffer tubes, I'd think it'd be a pretty great stock to put on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
What do you guys think of a Magpul UBR stock on the Bren 2?  Really love the UBR on ARs and it is pretty close to an ACR stock minus the adjustable cheek riser.  And since the Bren 2 is already ready to accept buffer tubes, I'd think it'd be a pretty great stock to put on.
View Quote
That was my first consideration when I got mine, but decided to hold out for a factory stock.
If you do it, post some pics/thoughts. I don't think I've actually seen that combo yet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#26]
What do you guys think of a Magpul UBR stock on the Bren 2?  Really love the UBR on ARs and it is pretty close to an ACR stock minus the adjustable cheek riser.  And since the Bren 2 is already ready to accept buffer tubes, I'd think it'd be a pretty great stock to put on.
View Quote

Looks very cool until I saw the price. Might as well wait for the Bren 2 stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#27]
That was my first consideration when I got mine, but decided to hold out for a factory stock.
If you do it, post some pics/thoughts. I don't think I've actually seen that combo yet.
View Quote

Here's a quick "photoshop" I did lol.  The scale isn't perfect, so it's somewhat hard to say.  It looks like a bulkier ACR stock without the comb adjustment.

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#28]
What do you guys think of a Magpul UBR stock on the Bren 2?  
View Quote

Bad idea. UBR's are way too heavy. It would completely throw off the balance of the MS (and look a little stupid too IMO).
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By airgunner:

Bad idea. UBR's are way too heavy. It would completely throw off the balance of the MS (and look a little stupid too IMO).
View Quote

I strongly disagree.  The gen 2 UBR is heavier than most collapsible stocks but its not like you're attaching a brick to the gun.  The bren 2 is already a light weight option so there is "room to spare" before the gun becomes unnecessarily heavy.

IF someone likes the UBR and wants to put it on their Bren 2, rock on.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Just pulled the trigger on a 11” 5.56

Can’t wait

Now what brace to get...
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
I strongly disagree. 
View All Quotes
I strongly disagree. 
Then I guess we can agree to strongly disagree. The logic that its OK to put heavy shit on a light gun because it has "room to spare" escapes me.

IF someone likes the UBR and wants to put it on their Bren 2, rock on.
People can do whatever the fuck they want to their own stuff. Stick a hello kity stock on it for all I care but don't expect me to think its cool just because you do.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Got the stock from Petr today. This thing fits waaaay better than the aluminum adapter plate it ships with.
I'm so glad to be gone with that CTR stock!!!

(Don't laugh at the front sight being backwards. As soon as I decide on an optic, I'm ditching the irons completely.)

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Got the stock from Petr today. This thing fits waaaay better than the aluminum adapter plate it ships with.
I'm so glad to be gone with that CTR stock!!!

View Quote

Do you recall who it said it was shipped from? What carrier did he use?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By castroyy:

Do you recall who it said it was shipped from? What carrier did he use?
View All Quotes
Got the stock from Petr today. This thing fits waaaay better than the aluminum adapter plate it ships with.
I'm so glad to be gone with that CTR stock!!!

Do you recall who it said it was shipped from? What carrier did he use?

FEDEX.

Several months back, he had the standard stocks at $134.00 and the BR stocks at $150.00 Took less than two weeks.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LIONHART:

FEDEX.

Several months back, he had the standard stocks at $134.00 and the BR stocks at $150.00 Took less than two weeks.
View Quote

Awesome. Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Got my local smith to drill out a port for a suppressed setting. Excited to test it out!

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:49:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By balthezor:
Got my local smith to drill out a port for a suppressed setting. Excited to test it out!

https://i.imgur.com/GaZnxdz.jpg

View Quote

Is that drilled at the “0” position?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By lordboogie:
Update about the the Bren 2s Pic Rails from Preston Precision - 

Harry is sending me out one side and one bottom rail to test fit. I'll post pictures on the Bren 2 once I have them installed.

https://i.imgur.com/GvMe2PG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Y2iRub.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iWcs9kJ.jpg
View Quote

Appreciate the update, looks good
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#39]
 Then I guess we can agree to strongly disagree. The logic that its OK to put heavy shit on a light gun because it has "room to spare" escapes me.

People can do whatever the fuck they want to their own stuff. Stick a hello kity stock on it for all I care but don't expect me to think its cool just because you do.
View Quote

You gonna be ok?

There's a balance with everything.  While 7.62X39 is not exactly a heavy recoiling cartridge, it does recoil more than 5.56.  Adding some weight to the system to improve shooting characteristics is not going to turn a good gun into a piece of shit.  As with everything there is a balance.  You add too much weight and the gun becomes a bitch to carry around.  You remove too much weight and the gun is a bear to shoot.

Mission dictates gear.  For those of us not humping rifles around on extended patrols, a few extra ounces to dampen some recoil is hardly going to end the world.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:49:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:blah, blah, blah
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Magsz18:blah, blah, blah

Your post is so full of shit and fail but whatever, I don't have enough shits to give to go back and forth with you over this. I gave my opinion and don't care what you think of it so whatevs dude

Got my local smith to drill out a port for a suppressed setting. Excited to test it out!

https://i.imgur.com/GaZnxdz.jpg

Now this is something worth talking about! Dets please!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Now this is something worth talking about! Dets please!
View Quote

Here Here!!!!!

Which can, which position, and what diameter??
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Bad idea. UBR's are way too heavy. It would completely throw off the balance of the MS (and look a little stupid too IMO).
View Quote

I like heavier stocks so weight wouldn't bother me, but I am wondering if it would actually look kind of silly.  FWIW I found a pic someone posted of their Robinson XCR with a Magpul UBR stock on it with a cheek riser mod and it actually looks pretty sweet:

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Here Here!!!!! 

Which can, which position, and what diameter??
View Quote

I have three cans I was going to play around with. Dead Air Nomad, Wolfman and Wolverine. This was drilled on the OFF position. The smith said: "It looks like they actually anticipate that spot to be used because that and the smaller port actually have a plug in it. You can see the offset round outline around it"

I was doing a lot of research (so was the smith) on other people's experience with Bren 2 and drilling a suppressed hole. Found someone who drilled 1.5875 mm on a 9" 7.62 Bren 2 and they had some success with it. He suggested a smaller size in his post. The smith and I agreed that 1.3mm was a good starting point and can always enlarge later. If it doesn't work out, I'll just stick with the normal setting. Honestly, it's not so bad on normal setting, but it is definitely overgassed. I have asthma and sensitive to smells, so it really bothers me when a gun blows a lot of gas to the face. Smith said it wasn't too bad to do but I don't have a drill press and didn't want to risk doing it myself.

I'll keep you guys updated. I will definitely be testing this soon. Nomad, Wolfman long and short config. I can't find a 1/2x28 insert for my Wolverine at the moment. Hoping those 2 cans work well with it.

Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Also, just installed the HB Industries Trigger. Holy shit, putting back the hammer was tough as nails. Yes, I probably need to pump some iron, but damn, I didn't think I could do it. The spring in mine had more coils compared to their install video. Wondering if this is different because mine is 7.62.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my BR stock from Euro-Military.  It's nice, but I have to say I prefer the ACR+ Dan Haga combo better (with the exception of needing an Allen key for disassembly).
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:10:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Just got my BR stock from Euro-Military.  It's nice, but I have to say I prefer the ACR+ Dan Haga combo better (with the exception of needing an Allen key for disassembly).
View Quote

What do I need to search for on the site?  I must be missing it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ATravis11b:

What do I need to search for on the site?  I must be missing it.
View Quote

He took it down. Ran out of stocks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Just got my BR stock from Euro-Military.  It's nice, but I have to say I prefer the ACR+ Dan Haga combo better (with the exception of needing an Allen key for disassembly).
View Quote

Want to sell the BR Stock?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#49]

I have three cans I was going to play around with. Dead Air Nomad, Wolfman and Wolverine. This was drilled on the OFF position. The smith said: "It looks like they actually anticipate that spot to be used because that and the smaller port actually have a plug in it. You can see the offset round outline around it"

I was doing a lot of research (so was the smith) on other people's experience with Bren 2 and drilling a suppressed hole. Found someone who drilled 1.5875 mm on a 9" 7.62 Bren 2 and they had some success with it. He suggested a smaller size in his post. The smith and I agreed that 1.3mm was a good starting point and can always enlarge later. If it doesn't work out, I'll just stick with the normal setting. Honestly, it's not so bad on normal setting, but it is definitely overgassed. I have asthma and sensitive to smells, so it really bothers me when a gun blows a lot of gas to the face. Smith said it wasn't too bad to do but I don't have a drill press and didn't want to risk doing it myself. 

I'll keep you guys updated. I will definitely be testing this soon. Nomad, Wolfman long and short config. I can't find a 1/2x28 insert for my Wolverine at the moment. Hoping those 2 cans work well with it.

View Quote

Thank you for the info. I  appreciate it very much. Please let us know how it goes!
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Want to sell the BR Stock?
View Quote

Gonna hold onto it for now.
Page / 103
CZ Bren 2 (Page 40 of 103)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top