Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 42
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kalmar:
Not a sticker, the SU-279A/PVS is engraved with a data matrix and additional information on top of the objective bell. What specific info? I'm not exactly sure. Most likely S/N, NSN, CAGE code and DOM would be my guess. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures clear enough to resolve those details. Perhaps @Combat_Diver could help us get a better view whenever he has the opportunity.

The part number of the Leupold scope cited in the Mk20 OM is 118778, which corresponds to the DAGR kit with TReMoR2 reticle. Searching the same NSN #1240-01-619-6564 reveals that ECOS-O deliveries with the TReMoR3 reticle began OCT 2015. So while there are two versions in service, neither model is illuminated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SemperFortis202:
can someone tell me what that sticker is on top of the bell of the MK6 Scope? Looks like some sort of UID sticker, where can i aquire one ?
Not a sticker, the SU-279A/PVS is engraved with a data matrix and additional information on top of the objective bell. What specific info? I'm not exactly sure. Most likely S/N, NSN, CAGE code and DOM would be my guess. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures clear enough to resolve those details. Perhaps @Combat_Diver could help us get a better view whenever he has the opportunity.

Whats the ratio of non illuminated and illuminated mk6 scopes? Also are they usually tremor 3 reticles?
The part number of the Leupold scope cited in the Mk20 OM is 118778, which corresponds to the DAGR kit with TReMoR2 reticle. Searching the same NSN #1240-01-619-6564 reveals that ECOS-O deliveries with the TReMoR3 reticle began OCT 2015. So while there are two versions in service, neither model is illuminated.
damn it!!!! Those engravings and the fact that i cant find the proper scope caps for the mk6 are bothering the hell out of me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SSD13:
The H-59 non-Illuminated, Tremor 2 Illuminated and non-Illuminated, and Tremor 3 Illuminated and non-Illuminated Mark 6 all with M5C2 turrets are issued contract items.
View Quote
Yes, but each has a different NSN. The only version specifically referenced with the SCAR/Mk20 (by the manual at least) is the 118778 TReMoR2. Of course, I recognize this document isn’t compulsory once rifles have been fielded. However, I do believe it provides a solid indication of what original equipment the SSR was initially purchased and delivered with. Looking at the available numbers, Crane has since ordered nearly twice the amount of T3 models compared to those versions prior. Additionally, every listed contract is annotated "non-illuminated." While H59’s may constitute a portion of the previous unspecified deliveries, it can be assumed that Mk20 packaged T2 scopes comprised the rest. Therefore, it stands to reason that any Mk6 observed on a SCAR is most probably a TReMoR variant.

Link Posted: 3/23/2019 9:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSD13] [#3]
Cage Code: 35848

Part Number 118779 NSN 1240-01-619-6554 Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 2 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Full Kit with Carrying Case, etc.
Part Number 119244 NSN 1240-01-619-6433 Non-Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 2 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Optic only
Part Number 119245 NSN 1240-01-619-6561 Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 2 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Optic only

Part Number 120979 NSN 1240-01-640-7449 Non-Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 H-59 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Full Kit with Carrying Case, etc.
Part Number 120981 NSN 1240-01-640-7458 Non-Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 H-59 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Optic only

Part Number 170339 NSN 1240-01-645-6222 Non-Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 3 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Full Kit with Carrying Case, etc.
Part Number 170340 NSN 1240-01-655-9022 Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 3 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Full Kit with Carrying Case, etc.
Part Number 170344 NSN 1240-01-645-9021 Illuminated ECOS-0 3-18x44 Tremor 3 for M4A1 carbine and MK17 - Optic only

True though that MK17 is referenced and not the MK20.
Link Posted: 3/24/2019 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thread! Great pics and info. I've had my SCAR for almost a year now. Pretty basic add-ons for now but working towards clone correct bits.

• TangoDown grip, VG, FNS-ASL and rail panels

• Stryker Ind. CH

• PMM safety levers, mag release and bolt catch paddle

• Geissele Super SCAR trigger and heavy hammer spring

Inbound - MI SSR rail extension in FDE and Vltor ModPod. I'll see how I like them. I know the SRX rail and TD ACB-4 are more clone correct.

Next up - Elcan 1.5-6x with MRDS of some sort, maybe on a 45 degree mount. Sling TBD. Clone muzzle device/FH if I can find one.

Question - considering the limited availability of an FDE WMX200 and its anemic 200 lumens; I assume on new SF Scout is a better choice although not clone correct?

TIA

Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:35:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a SCAR 20 and love it so far!  This is my first FN and I am impressed for sure.  I have a lot of AR's but being so impressed with this has me wanting a SCAR 17.  I noticed some of you have both- so my question is do you feel they are different enough to have both.  I am trying to tell myself that the 17 is like 2 lbs lighter with the 16" barrel, so different roles obviously.  MY LMT 308 is a heavy pig compared to the 17!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]

i cant find the proper scope caps for the mk6 are bothering the hell out of me.
View Quote
The mil-correct Tenebraex Caps are in stock right now (Just Checked) at Europtic.

Ocular End:
UAC002-FCR is the Ocular complete set - In Stock $38.00

Objective End:
44LM60-FCR is the Objective complete set (Ring Adapter and Flip Cap) at $50.25.  But, that is out of stock and has been for a while.  HOWEVER, the "complete set" is made up of two components that are IN STOCK.  They are:
44LM61 is the Objective Ring Adapter - In Stock $29.00
52FC01-FCV is the Objective Flip Cap - In Stock $21.25
$29.00 + $21.25 = $50.25 which matches your Objective complete set price sold at $50.25

Trust me on those two components exactly making up 44LM60-FCR.  I have spoken with Tenebraex.  They gave me that "tip" and the component parts were the same part numbers as in the complete set I'd already had in my possession.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:31:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Great_Balls_of_Fire] [#7]
View Quote
For the ones that are engraved:
NSN:   XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXX
Cage Code:   XXXXX
Leupold Part Number:   XXXXXX
Serial Number:   XXXXXXXX

Matrix is laser etched, centered, to all of that information on the objective bell.

ETA - here's an example

Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:47:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Shootdr1:
I have a SCAR 20 and love it so far!  This is my first FN and I am impressed for sure.  I have a lot of AR's but being so impressed with this has me wanting a SCAR 17.  I noticed some of you have both- so my question is do you feel they are different enough to have both.  I am trying to tell myself that the 17 is like 2 lbs lighter with the 16" barrel, so different roles obviously.  MY LMT 308 is a heavy pig compared to the 17!
View Quote
The SCAR 17 handles much better than the 20S so I'd say there's difference. Accuracy the 20S all day but for a general purpose rifle I love my SCAR 17. So yes you need both.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

For the ones that are engraved:
NSN:   XXXX-XX-XXX-XXXX
Cage Code:   XXXXX
Leupold Part Number:   XXXXXX
Serial Number:   XXXXXXXX

Matrix is laser etched, centered, to all of that information on the objective bell.

ETA - here's an example

https://i.ibb.co/6tz3TN1/DAGR-EXAMPLE.jpg
View Quote
Damn im this close to pulling the trigger and getting this laser engraved on my mk6 i just need the dimensions
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Damn im this close to pulling the trigger and getting this laser engraved on my mk6 i just need the dimensions
View Quote
Honestly I wouldn't even bother (unless you just care that much). There are plenty running around with a simple matrix sticker slapped on the side of the objective bell or parallax adjustment. I cannot speak to how those came to be, but they were all non-illuminated Tremor2.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I agree- I need both!  At least that is what I convinced myself of!  I was never a SCAR person at all until I got this one.  I am pretty sold on them after doing tons of reading etc. and shooting mine.  I may do the 17 next rifle purchase.  I never liked the look of them with the long skinny barrel but now I see all the aftermarket accessories for them with the updated forends that cover the barrel better, look better and are more streamlined.  So, that is also awesome!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#12]

The mil-correct Tenebraex Caps are in stock right now (Just Checked) at Europtic.

Ocular End:

Objective End:
44LM60-FCR is the Objective complete set (Ring Adapter and Flip Cap) at $50.25.  But, that is out of stock and has been for a while.  HOWEVER, the "complete set" is made up of two components that are IN STOCK.  They are:
$29.00 + $21.25 = $50.25 which matches your Objective complete set price sold at $50.25

Trust me on those two components exactly making up 44LM60-FCR.  I have spoken with Tenebraex.  They gave me that "tip" and the component parts were the same part numbers as in the complete set I'd already had in my possession.
View Quote
god damn i knew i trolled here for a reason, just snagged em!!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Honestly I wouldn't even bother (unless you just care that much). There are plenty running around with a simple matrix sticker slapped on the side of the objective bell or parallax adjustment. I cannot speak to how those came to be, but they were all non-illuminated Tremor2.
View All Quotes

Happen to know a place where i can get that matrix made into a sticker? Not sure if carolina laserworks does stuff like that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Ocular End:

Objective End:

View Quote
What's the trick to keeping the ocular side tenabraex on?  Mine wants to constantly pop off.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

What's the trick to keeping the ocular side tenabraex on?  Mine wants to constantly pop off.
View Quote
You can only tighten it so much.  IIRC, there was even a warning on the package about tightening too much and risking cracking.  I never used it and just put it in the parts bin.  It’s there if I ever decide to use it.  Some of it might have something to do with how much the threaded eyepiece is backed out.  I’ve seen some backed out pretty far based on user preference.  Less surface area contact between the inside of the cap and the scope body?  Not sure?

Congrats to SF also for nabbing a set.
Link Posted: 4/4/2019 10:56:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaTacoma] [#16]

MK17 and MK20 are finished. Going to SBR the MK16 soon.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By GaTacoma:
https://i.imgur.com/0IDLqHe.jpg?1
MK17 and MK20 are finished.
View All Quotes
MK17 and MK20 are finished.
Nice! Your SV brake looks oddly familiar. Glad it finally found its way to someone who could use it.

The mil-correct Tenebraex Caps are in stock right now (Just Checked) at Europtic...Trust me on those two components exactly making up 44LM60-FCR.  I have spoken with Tenebraex.  They gave me that "tip" and the component parts were the same part numbers as in the complete set I'd already had in my possession.
That's great advice T, wish I would have known that before going through the effort of tracking down mine. The only one I could locate belonged to a small shop in England. Had to spend over $50 just for shipping, ugh!

You can only tighten it so much.  IIRC, there was even a warning on the package about tightening too much and risking cracking.
Unfortunately for me, the first rear cap I received lacked this prominent warning. I was a bit too overzealous trying to ensure it wouldn't come loose and overtightened the clamp before reading the directions. That caused a hairline fracture and cost me another fifty bucks. It's in the EE now for the price of mailing if anyone wants one for spare parts.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Nice! Your SV brake looks oddly familiar. Glad it finally found its way to someone who could use it.
View Quote
Yup!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
Needs a MK17 lower
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
Those look great! Getting the 20 has definitely given me a bit of a bug to maybe get a 17 and a 16.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Just a head's up to anyone looking to deck out their 20 or 17 to a FA762SV, priced decent and not gouging (they are a vendor here):

https://shootingsurplus.com/surefire-fh762sv-scar-flash-hider-5-8-24-scar-20s-mk20/
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
Just a head's up to anyone looking to deck out their 20 or 17 to a FA762SV, priced decent and not gouging (they are a vendor here):

https://shootingsurplus.com/surefire-fh762sv-scar-flash-hider-5-8-24-scar-20s-mk20/
View Quote
Just as a heads up, this place has em on preorder, they'll have the cans as well. My understanding is that none of these are in stock, just a preorder.

Same thing as buying direct from surefire, which you can do on the new run of cans and FHs, as well. No ETA, yet.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 6:53:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#23]
Originally Posted By vanquishings:

Just as a heads up, this place has em on preorder, they'll have the cans as well. My understanding is that none of these are in stock, just a preorder.

Same thing as buying direct from surefire, which you can do on the new run of cans and FHs, as well. No ETA, yet.
View Quote
I placed an order and already got tracking info.  USPS is showing the package is already in transit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#24]

I placed an order and already got tracking info.  USPS is showing the package is already in transit.
View Quote
Interesting! I have an order for the FH and don't have tracking. Did you get a suppressor, too?
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 9:38:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#25]

Interesting! I have an order for the FH and don't have tracking. Did you get a suppressor, too?
View Quote
I already have the suppressor and mount.  Just ordered some extras.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 9:58:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Does that flash hider work for all the Surefire SOCOM suppressors like the 300 SPS and 762 RC?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Does that flash hider work for all the Surefire SOCOM suppressors like the 300 SPS and 762 RC?
View Quote
No, it's for the Surefire FA762SV Suppressor. I believe it might work for a 762SS too but that's it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
I assume this fits a 17 but you need a collar to get it to time right, is that correct?
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By delta_romeo_echo:

I assume this fits a 17 but you need a collar to get it to time right, is that correct?
View Quote
That's incorrect. Indexes off of the face of the muzzle. No collar or shims needed. It is not timed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2019 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#30]

No, it's for the Surefire FA762SV Suppressor. I believe it might work for a 762SS too but that's it.
View Quote
Appreciate the info! Makes it a dealbreaker for me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 1:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#31]

That's incorrect. Indexes off of the face of the muzzle. No collar or shims needed. It is not timed.
View Quote
Thanks V,

Good to know. I think I will grab one as I love the look even though I don't have the can to go with it. I've been searching for a FH762SV-SCAR but don't think I'll find one anytime soon. This looks to be the next best option.
Link Posted: 4/7/2019 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Thanks V,

Good to know. I think I will grab one as I love the look even though I don't have the can to go with it. I've been searching for a FH762SV-SCAR but don't think I'll find one anytime soon. This looks to be the next best option.
View Quote
Surefire is doing another batch of the FA762SV cans, and this is the re-release of the muzzle device for it. If you want the can, wait a month or so, they'll likely be released by then. MSRP is $1870 for the suppressor, last I heard.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Sure, have one or five...

Just ordered one. I'm interested to see how this mates up with my 17 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote
Lol.  It will work fine.  Putting one on my 13 inch now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Awesome thread! Great pics and info. I've had my SCAR for almost a year now. Pretty basic add-ons for now but working towards clone correct bits.

• TangoDown grip, VG, FNS-ASL and rail panels

• Stryker Ind. CH

• PMM safety levers, mag release and bolt catch paddle

• Geissele Super SCAR trigger and heavy hammer spring

Inbound - MI SSR rail extension in FDE and Vltor ModPod. I'll see how I like them. I know the SRX rail and TD ACB-4 are more clone correct.

Next up - Elcan 1.5-6x with MRDS of some sort, maybe on a 45 degree mount. Sling TBD. Clone muzzle device/FH if I can find one.

Question - considering the limited availability of an FDE WMX200 and its anemic 200 lumens; I assume on new SF Scout is a better choice although not clone correct?

TIA

https://i.imgur.com/vJARdWQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ylEdGx5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TVnrUGX.jpg
View Quote
Is it just me or is your muzzle brake timed 90 too tight?  FNH supposed to face up...?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes

whats the length of the brake?  will it make the 16.1" on a 13" 17S barrel?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 1:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: delta_romeo_echo] [#38]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:

Is it just me or is your muzzle brake timed 90 too tight?  FNH supposed to face up...?
View Quote
IDK, when I bought this rifle the shop had put a SF 3 prong and a Warden in it. I did not want that so they removed it and gave me the stock parts. I didn't look at another 17 to see how it should go. Thanks for pointing this out. I was just going by the wrench flats and assumed that orientation was correct. Luckily nobody at the range noticed, I would have lost my operator status LOL.

Cheers
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CageFighter:

whats the length of the brake?  will it make the 16.1" on a 13" 17S barrel?
View Quote
Nah not even close. I believe it has a shorter OAL than the factory 3 prong as it reflexes over the muzzle even further.   Would be badass if it did though lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:51:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey guys, new the forum....great info, great thread!

I replaced my SCAR 17 factory brake with a Surefire FH762SV-SCAR.  After tightening mine down, the Surefire logo is in the 3 o'clock position...wrench flats are at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock.  An earlier post indicated that it doesn't need to be timed so I'm guessing it's good to go...  Is that correct?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HighDesertDog:

I replaced my SCAR 17 factory brake with a Surefire FH762SV-SCAR.  After tightening mine down, the Surefire logo is in the 3 o'clock position...wrench flats are at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock.  An earlier post indicated that it doesn't need to be timed so I'm guessing it's good to go...  Is that correct?

Thanks!
View Quote
Correct no timing required.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HighDesertDog:

Thanks!
View Quote
May be a coincedence but Interesting first post from a user that has the same name as a company with questionable reputation associated with aftermarket SCAR parts
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 12:45:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KWCAM:

May be a coincedence but Interesting first post from a user that has the same name as a company with questionable reputation associated with aftermarket SCAR parts
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:54:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Who's got the tip for removing the factory mk20 muzzle device? My vice isn't up to the task, even after soaking the muzzle device in boiling water for about a half hour.

Taking suggestions on what to do, or a gunsmith that can do it.

@Combat_Diver are you taking the barrel out of the receiver to remove these in the field? I have the tango down scar kit, but there's not enough barrel sticking out to use the padded jaws, and obviously the gas block is covered up.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's how I finally got mine... removed the barrel from the receiver, clamped the barrel in between two wood blocks in my vice tight, heated the muzzle device with a heat gun (concentrate the heat right at the base of the tines as that's actually where the screw threads are, not at the "base" of the flash hider), and then cranked on it with my Magpul Armorer's wrench with a 24" breaker bar attached.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KWCAM:

View Quote
You must not know much about their parts
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Who's got the tip for removing the factory mk20 muzzle device? My vice isn't up to the task, even after soaking the muzzle device in boiling water for about a half hour.

Taking suggestions on what to do, or a gunsmith that can do it.

@Combat_Diver are you taking the barrel out of the receiver to remove these in the field? I have the tango down scar kit, but there's not enough barrel sticking out to use the padded jaws, and obviously the gas block is covered up.
View Quote
No, as I wasn't doing a barrel replacement.  I just changed the FH.  I just placed the complete gun with the mag block into the vise.  Used the MagPul wrench to remove the FH.  You may have to apply some heat as suggested.

CD
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

No, as I wasn't doing a barrel replacement.  I just changed the FH.  I just placed the complete gun with the mag block into the vise.  Used the MagPul wrench to remove the FH.  You may have to apply some heat as suggested.

CD
View Quote
Much appreciated! Not sure I'm comfortable enough putting that much stress on everything with the mag block. My vice directly on the barrel couldn't crack it. Might try a heat gun, though.

Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#49]
RWS Gunsmithing has Fa762sv-scar brakes and suppressors in hand.

Just ordered a brake.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 5:59:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Much appreciated! Not sure I'm comfortable enough putting that much stress on everything with the mag block. My vice directly on the barrel couldn't crack it. Might try a heat gun, though.

Thanks for the reply!
View Quote
A decent barrel vice block, plus heat and torque will do it.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top