Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Velocity Systems Jungle Kit (Page 46 of 79)
Page / 79
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ATTom:
Diz-Please do not do the dumb four sustainment pouches. The canteens have to sit under the frame of the pack to support it correctly and four pouches is too wide.

My jj belt has a Four row molle pouch flanked by two 3 row molle pouches for canteens. I played with every combo of pouches known to man and that is what worked.  It Looks almost exactly what you came up with on the l/xl belt.

Butt packs push the canteens too far apart and do not properly support a rucksack. Even on their own they are far too floppy to support a rucksack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ATTom:
Diz-Please do not do the dumb four sustainment pouches. The canteens have to sit under the frame of the pack to support it correctly and four pouches is too wide.

My jj belt has a Four row molle pouch flanked by two 3 row molle pouches for canteens. I played with every combo of pouches known to man and that is what worked.  It Looks almost exactly what you came up with on the l/xl belt.

Butt packs push the canteens too far apart and do not properly support a rucksack. Even on their own they are far too floppy to support a rucksack.

Mine supports it fine. And I have a full on buttpack.

Also, I think Diz is planning on doing the 4 sustainment pouches as an OPTION.  I doubt he intends to change the overall footprint of that size belt - ie, he doesn't intend on pushing the mag pouches farther out on the belt.

Originally Posted By ATTom:The belt kit cannot be a standalone unit anymore- people carry too much shit they didn't carry 20 years ago.  To me it's not a daypack replacement - you have to put mags somewhere - on a plate carrier / on a belt or in a chest rig.

It's not supposed to be a standalone unit.  It's supposed to provide EMERGENCY support for 24-36 hours in case you get separated from your ruck.

Originally Posted By ATTom:Belt kit does that plus allows you enough sustainment to carry a ration and a IFAK without having it all festooned on a plate carrier.

Yes it does.  Even when I'm carrying 9 x mags on my belt.  You aren't doing it right if you are having a problem.

Originally Posted By ATTom:I think you should have a poncho and a windshirt on the belt kit for rain gear and emergency shelter and a basha in your ruck for really sleeping under. Unless you're a Smurf - sleeping under a poncho length anything sucks.  Again most of the belt kit contents are - if I had to dump ruck - I could survive on it - I can - but that I would much rather use the stuff in my ruck.

I have a poncho, woobie, 24 hour emergency ration, mini rifle cleaning kit, extra pair of socks, tiny thing of foot powder, and a couple random things in my buttpack.  I can probably shove a windshirt in there, but that's not the point of the buttpack.  The buttpack is something you should NOT have to touch in the field except in an emergency.  You SHOULD be living out of your ruck.  Like you said, sleeping under a poncho sucks.  I keep a tarp in my ruck.  

I can also throw a poncho roll / bum roll on it (right now I have a USGI molle 2 buttpack I'm using for that) and add a full days ration + whatever else I need - shelter kit, windshirt, whatever. Keep it on my pack and transfer it from my pack to on top of my buttpack if I want to drop my ruck and go off and do something.

Originally Posted By Vexed:
I have the Jay Jay's Chameleon belt kit with 4 utilities in back, molle sides and my DG16 frame rests perfectly on my canteen lids. It may depend on what water bottles/ ruck frame you use but Full sized Nalgenes or Brit Osprey canteens support the frame fully. USGI canteens are a bit too small on the lids in my experience.

This.  I did a post in this thread back pages ago where I went and measured and pictured the height of various water bottles / canteens.  The 1 Quart Nalgene bottles or the stainless versions of them are the way to go.  They are roughly the same height as the british canteen and are far easier to maintain in the field (wide round opening) than the various canteens.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Well guys not to worry; we have 1K of Diz rigs coming and I mean real soon.  So when and if we do a 4 pouch model, there will always be plenty of 3-pouch models.  

Right now it's a question of when & what cammo is available for doing additional runs.  Talking about MC, M-81, and Tiger.  That's the only limiting factor.

CF3's right behind them.  

Mansdorf let me know whatever you need to get surplus kits out to the peeps.  

CAP6888 can't wait to see yer NI-CAP ruck.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Diz:
Well guys not to worry; we have 1K of Diz rigs coming and I mean real soon.  So when and if we do a 4 pouch model, there will always be plenty of 3-pouch models.  

Right now it's a question of when & what cammo is available for doing additional runs.  Talking about MC, M-81, and Tiger.  That's the only limiting factor.
View All Quotes

*coughcough* Rhodie Brushstroke and I might actually buy one

Heck, I'll buy a roll of fabric from crossfire too if they do a run.

Originally Posted By Diz:Mansdorf let me know whatever you need to get surplus kits out to the peeps.  

About $5k?  lol.  I need at least $3k to make an order.  The more I order, the cheaper it gets re: shipping, which is like half the cost at $3k.

I'm going to be cleaning out my stockpile of surplus stuff I have on hand to raise money.  I'll still need to make some stuff to sell to make the rest.  Maybe do a run of molle buttpacks to sell?  I have a good design already prototyped out.  I'm still slow at sewing though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
CAP6888 can't wait to see yer NI-CAP ruck.
View Quote

Me too!

All the material is ordered and will start arriving this week. Of course Rockywoods won’t get here until next week. Will be slow going, a couple hours a day here and there.  Thinking about making a list of how to attack it one day at a time (cut materials, back panel, side panels, etc.) Hoping that will keep me focused and not stray off course.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By marnsdorff:

This.  I did a post in this thread back pages ago where I went and measured and pictured the height of various water bottles / canteens.  The 1 Quart Nalgene bottles or the stainless versions of them are the way to go.  They are roughly the same height as the british canteen and are far easier to maintain in the field (wide round opening) than the various canteens.  
View Quote

Absolutely agree. I run the Nalgenes in my belt kit and Crossfire ruck. Tried the canteens but they swelled out the utility pouches too much for my liking and the crusader cups were a pain to get out. That, and the bottles always smell like an old tire no matter what I wash them with. I like the Nalgene Usgi canteens for my Hill People Gear stuff but they’re a no-go on belt kit for a ruck shelf.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Admin just released his initial video w/ the DZ rig on his secondary channel. He's wearing it completely incorrectly and it shows in his comments.
VERY HEAVY Rifleman Loadout
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:
Admin just released his initial video w/ the DZ rig on his secondary channel. He's wearing it completely incorrectly and it shows in his comments.
View Quote

That man has never worn an LBE. Still hasn't. I wonder why he's wearing it so high?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:02:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: marnsdorff] [#8]
Originally Posted By wsix:

That man has never worn an LBE. Still hasn't. I wonder why he's wearing it so high?
View Quote

He doesn't understand that it's a LBE that is designed to be worn down on the hips.  He is thinking of it like a chest rig meets an FLC or something.

Alot of these younger guys have grown up seeing nothing but body armor and chest rigs on troops.  

Here he is wearing a set of ALICE gear.

https://youtu.be/L3KgRUW11IE
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.  The one I have is literally a USGI poncho liner - same size and shape, tie off cords, etc. - but made with slightly better and lighter fabric and with thinsulate insulation instead of the generic poly batting the poncho liners use.  It's also double sided - woodland on one side, desert on the other.

It's the same thing as a USGI poncho, but it packs down about 30% smaller and is slightly warmer.  No one else has made one since they stopped selling them.
View Quote

Yeah, I picked up my Thinsulate poncho liner from US Cav many moons ago. I should do a comparison as the new OEM poncho liner (made by Pinnacle Mercantile) now uses Climashield insulation, which is actually an upgrade to Thinsulate that was used over 20 years ago. Neither compares to Kifaru, HPG, or Wilderness Innovations, but they both compress quite small. I would put the Swagman Roll in the same category as the new Climashield poncho liner, but more functionality (I think Helikcon-Tex uses Apex insulation).

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:04:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#10]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

Yeah, I picked up my Thinsulate poncho liner from US Cav many moons ago. I should do a comparison as the new OEM poncho liner (made by Pinnacle Mercantile) now uses Climashield insulation, which is actually an upgrade to Thinsulate that was used over 20 years ago. Neither compares to Kifaru, HPG, or Wilderness Innovations, but they both compress quite small. I would put the Swagman Roll in the same category as the new Climashield poncho liner, but more functionality (I think Helikcon-Tex uses Apex insulation).

ROCK6
View Quote
I didn't realize how out of touch I was w/ regard to poncho liners.  The USGI ones you mentioned by Pinnacle Mercantile are on Amazon for $100-115 (depending of if you want a zipper or not) while the nicer ones from Kifaru, HPG, or Group 1 are all $200-280.  Very surprised by the pricing. Hard for me to just if the nicer ones but the PM one seems like something I might get in the future.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Wiggy's
 makes a variety of ponchos and poncho liners/woobies.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:47:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#12]
You forgot Wild Things.

My wife is a quilter.  I swear I'm gonna have her make a run of custom woobies one day.

I think General Jackson's still has them at 35 bucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#13]
When I was a teen flipping through US Cav and BQM, I always wanted a thinsulate woobie (for $50 if I remember). Now for $100 not sure if I want to spend that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Also HPG Serape and Kifaru Woobie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#15]
You forgot Wild Things.

My wife is a quilter.  I swear I'm gonna have her make a run of custom woobies one day.

View Quote

Are those Gen Jax ones legit?  or are they the made in bangladesh ones that seem to be all over at that price?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I wore LBE for a long time, I wore it real high to clear the ruck and not have pouches digging into my thighs.  At that time I didn't run a butt pack. When your skinny and have to have certain stuff, not having pouches forward of the hips isn't an option. Space was at such a premium that I found an old alice web belt with the brass buckle rather than the newer plastic buckle because it took up less space.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I've got all Snugpak stuff - Jungle Blankets in both sizes, Jungle Bag, and a UK built Merlin.

I remember going into US Cavalry a lot when they took over the AARCO store on Victory Dr, Ft Benning, in the 80's. We used to drive up to Atlanta to go to Brigade Quartermasters too. I still have a VHS tape about Mitch Werbell and BQM, that I got there.

Diz: Multicam Arid please - stuff gets brown in the fall around here....and even in the summer, the woods floor is brown. I've got MCA stuff out the wazoo

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: parrisisland1978] [#18]
As far as the woobies, I really like the Helikon-Tex Swagman Roll under a regular mil-spec poncho, but only once I have hiked to where I want to end up and am static and making my coffee, meal, and practicing my tarp set-ups, improvised traps, etc.

While on the move, I get too warm with it on. In the winter and cold Autumn/Spring days, I wear the old set of lightly insulated Gortex duty boots I wore on the job before I retired.
Merino wool socks, long underwear and top under regular weight BDU's. I usually always have the poncho on unless it's hot summer afternoon just because it covers the gear, pistol, and 14.5 inch barreled AR10 tight to my chest on a 2 point Vickers sling that I ALWAYS have when I'm in "the bush".
I have not spent the night sleeping under a pine tree in any of it because, frankly, even though I am still lean and very muscular and work out heavy regularly, I am 63 years old and too old for that sleeping outside shit unless forced to. So I can not attest to how well it works doing that.

Back to the DZ rig. As far as the utility of other type/more/different pouches are concerned, I can use those 4 ammo pouches for any other accessories I want to take. IFACK Binoculars, snivel gear, whatever. IF I don't want or feel the need to carry a ruck.

This is my plan whether I am doing the real things that I do now, which is getting outside in the woods and mountains around my house and practicing my skill and enjoying what I believe to be the closest thing to Heaven on this Earth.

IF I am thrust into the SHTF scenarios being discussed, I will still use the same techniques for the infinite different applications that would arise in such a situation. From years of doing this shit I have accumulated a lot of experience with all kinds of different equipment dating all the way back to hand me down WW2 and Korea stuff from family members that served.
The equipment I was initially issued and have always used has served me well, such as LBE, LBV, and ALICE with those old pistol belts have become uncomfortable the last few years and dig into places that I never noticed before, even with pads added, which are makeshift solutions at best. And, trying to adjust those pistol belts with any pouches attached is frustrating to say the least.

If I feel the need for more ammo, which I carry anyway to be used to packing weight, I will (hopefully soon) wear the DZ rig with the pouches filled as needed, and the pictured "Rhodesian" chest rig which holds five 25 round P-mags, so 150 rounds of 7.62 NATO on my normal walkabouts. If I need more stuff/food/ammo/ comms, then I will adapt accordingly with rucks, different items in different pouches, etc.

The DZ just looks right to me, and checks all the boxes that I feel were needed in my kit. The heaps of stuff I already have will be barter material or, as discussed by others, given to the un or under equipped.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:45:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

ROCK6
View Quote

I'm quite fond of the HPG Serape.  If I had to be serious about stuff, that Serape is probably going in instead of the thinsulate poncho liner.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#20]

I didn't realize how out of touch I was w/ regard to poncho liners.  The USGI ones you mentioned by Pinnacle Mercantile are on Amazon for $100-115 (depending of if you want a zipper or not) while the nicer ones from Kifaru, HPG, or Group 1 are all $200-280.  Very surprised by the pricing. Hard for me to just if the nicer ones but the PM one seems like something I might get in the future.
View Quote

Yea, poncho liners have gotten expensive.  

Some of the nicer poncho liners (HPG for instance) have other functionalities that make them worth the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By raf:
Wiggy's
 makes a variety of ponchos and poncho liners/woobies.
View Quote

Wiggy's!  I actually like Wiggy's stuff for what it is.  I run a Wiggy's overbag as a summer bag that goes over my Western Mountaineering winter bag.  

However, Wiggy's poncho liners ABSOLUTELY will not pack down small, lol.  But they will probably outlast whoever buys them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#22]
You forgot Wild Things.

View Quote

I've been thinking about fabbing up some DIY woobies for my own gear stash.  I have a dozen yards of thin ripstop nylon sitting here I keep eyeing to use for that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:06:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Wiggy's!  I actually like Wiggy's stuff for what it is.  I run a Wiggy's overbag as a summer bag that goes over my Western Mountaineering winter bag.  

However, Wiggy's poncho liners ABSOLUTELY will not pack down small, lol.  But they will probably outlast whoever buys them.
View Quote
Maybe a candidate to be "encapsulated" within a GI "Waist Pack" which has MOLLE mounting capability.  Suggest common and cheap USGI MOLLE Waist Packs as ertsatz Brit "Bum Roll" items.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah man I think woobies would be a hot seller.  If you could bang something out at 75-100 bucks, I think peeps would buy them.  

I've been lied to before, but, the Diz rigs are SUPPOSED to be here tonight.  If they look good, will be put into inventory tonight.  I will personally be sewing down each drag handle before it goes out, so you all know what I'll be doing this weekend.  

I think 100 have been air-shipped on this first push.  So about a dozen per size, per color.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah man I think woobies would be a hot seller.  If you could bang something out at 75-100 bucks, I think peeps would buy them.  

I've been lied to before, but, the Diz rigs are SUPPOSED to be here tonight.  If they look good, will be put into inventory tonight.  I will personally be sewing down each drag handle before it goes out, so you all know what I'll be doing this weekend.  

I think 100 have been air-shipped on this first push.  So about a dozen per size, per color.
View Quote

I, personally would have preordered and prepaid if offered the opportunity.
I’m hoping that they can be obtained without having to wait a year for production to meet demand.
Win/ Win. I’d have known it was coming, and CF would’ve had more capital to increase production.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe a candidate to be "encapsulated" within a GI "Waist Pack" which has MOLLE mounting capability.  Suggest common and cheap USGI MOLLE Waist Packs as ertsatz Brit "Bum Roll" items.
View Quote

I dunno man.  Wiggy's stuff doesn't pack down well at all.  His stuff is notorious for being bulky.

I don't have one of his poncho liners, so I couldn't try.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:08:00 PM EDT
[#27]

I dunno man.  Wiggy's stuff doesn't pack down well at all.  His stuff is notorious for being bulky.

I don't have one of his poncho liners, so I couldn't try.
View Quote

I don’t know about the wiggys either, but a USGI woodland woobie barely fits in a Molle 2 waist bag.  It fits better if I put it in a small cylindrical stuff sack that I have first.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Horned_Toad:

I wore LBE for a long time, I wore it real high to clear the ruck and not have pouches digging into my thighs.  At that time I didn't run a butt pack. When your skinny and have to have certain stuff, not having pouches forward of the hips isn't an option. Space was at such a premium that I found an old alice web belt with the brass buckle rather than the newer plastic buckle because it took up less space.
View Quote

You had the alice belt riding above the rucks hip pad? Where was your buttpack? Were you a civilian or in the mil? I was 5'8", 154lbs and I could fit 4 3x30mag , 2 canteens, and a buttpack. Either way, this guy isn't wearing it that way because he "knows" the gear from experience, as you may have been. Every one of his complaints on the rig are because he's wearing it incorrectly.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#29]
"Every one of his complaints on the rig are because he's wearing it incorrectly."

I concur, and this will always happen when reviewers/testers are not provided with some sort of decent info on how the gear is intended to be worn/used.

Perhaps some gear reviewers are motivated to deliberately misuse the gear.  Maybe favoring "sponsored" gear from another mfr.

Perhaps some gear reviewers are actually honest.

Takes some digging and evaluation to tell the truth.

Not sure many folks are up to that standard nowadays.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Not sure many folks are up to that standard nowadays.

View Quote

Buck up Raf, there's still some people on the internet who want to learn, as opposed to just wanting to be right.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#31]

You had the alice belt riding above the rucks hip pad? Where was your buttpack? Were you a civilian or in the mil? I was 5'8", 154lbs and I could fit 4 3x30mag , 2 canteens, and a buttpack. Either way, this guy isn't wearing it that way because he "knows" the gear from experience, as you may have been. Every one of his complaints on the rig are because he's wearing it incorrectly.
View All Quotes

Mil
5'9' sub 150
from the right front going around
small pouch with compass
mag pouch
knife (duh it was the early 90s)
canteen
canteen
mag pouch
small pouch with 2 field dressings
that was an early set up

his says many times that he is not a SME.  Hes funny but I dont see him telling you how to run your stuff.  I also not really stressing over a video thats mainly about a rifle I will never own

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#32]

his says many times that he is not a SME.  Hes funny but I dont see him telling you how to run your stuff.  I also not really stressing over a video thats mainly about a rifle I will never own

View Quote

I'm not sure what you're saying here. What's an SME? Who implied he was telling anyone how to run his gear? Who is stressing?

Having an exhaustive discussion is how intelligent people process information and learn. There's no stress involved whatsoever.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#33]
PSA the Diz Rig is available on Crossfire’s website, just placed an order for one in Woodland. Pretty excited to try it out with a pack.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#34]

I'm not sure what you're saying here. What's an SME? Who implied he was telling anyone how to run his gear? Who is stressing?

Having an exhaustive discussion is how intelligent people process information and learn. There's no stress involved whatsoever.
View Quote

The admin results guy and the video several posts above mine that started the discussion about the cons of running an LBE high.

Admin Results states numerous times that he is not a Subject Matter Expert.

Having an exhaustive discussion is a start, sometimes, then you have to put it into action.

Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Maddy21:
PSA the Diz Rig is available on Crossfire’s website, just placed an order for one in Woodland. Pretty excited to try it out with a pack.
View Quote

Hell yea! Thanks for the heads up. I got an order in for a L/XL M81 w/ a Cobra as well. $378 shipped for all of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Hell yea! Thanks for the heads up. I got an order in for a L/XL M81 w/ a Cobra as well. $378 shipped for all of it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maddy21:

Got a set in MC on order, just hoping it’ll be delivered around the end of next week when I’ll be home, lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:46:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: joeviterbo] [#37]
Large in Desert Tiger is already Out Of Stock

That makes me sad. (random DTS pic)

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:13:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trails-end] [#38]
M81 and green OOS as well.  

ETA:  in large
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:15:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#39]
Originally Posted By trails-end:
View Quote
Wow.  Those went fast. Glad I didn't wait on the M81. Wonder what the mix of colors was in the initial 1000 CF brought in?

ETA: just checked, looks like just those colors in L/XL is OOS.  Everything in M/L is still in stock.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Oh wow hey thanks guys.  This is just an initial air-shipment of 128 out of 1,000.  I think we are getting another 100-ish air-shipped most skosh.  Then we gotta wait for the boat with the rest.  

I will be sewing like two mother-fuckers all weekend to get the drag handles tacked down.  The next run will have the box-x's moved up 1 1/2" so it's all ready to rock.  

Want to they are pretty much evenly split between the M/L and the L/XL.  And maybe slightly weighted with more MC and RG, then with M-81, and the Tigers.  

I could talk about pre-orders with marketing guru if you guys want.  We just didn't want to string you guys out if there were any delays.  I will get an update on both air and sea shipments and let you know.  At least get your place in line if they're going quick.

Again, thanks a lot for your support here.  It means the world to me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 8:53:16 AM EDT
[#41]
People like buttpacks and want to fit a day worth of items inside a belt kit, possibile without pack. I have used the three pouch Airborne webbing and....well it does have less capacity.
Also people May like ammo.pouches closer to their front, so they go.with large.
It Is negligible, but large Will fit more people than the medium.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By joeviterbo:
People like buttpacks and want to fit a day worth of items inside a belt kit, possibile without pack. I have used the three pouch Airborne webbing and....well it does have less capacity.
Also people May like ammo.pouches closer to their front, so they go.with large.
It Is negligible, but large Will fit more people than the medium.
View Quote

I figured it was to accommodate middle-aged beer bellies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Yep. Wish I had the time like some to sit in front of a computer non stop.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#44]
@Diz
Appreciate the preorder consideration but I have an XL in MC on the way now.👍

Surprisingly, they were not the first to sellout.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
How dare you speak such a correct statement.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:40:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ARmory04:

View Quote
I ordered mine through my phone right after I saw the first post of them being available while waiting on a table at dinner. Took all of 2 min.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

That makes even more sense that my assumptions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#48]

I ordered mine through my phone right after I saw the first post of them being available while waiting on a table at dinner. Took all of 2 min.
View Quote

I'm glad you got one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:38:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trails-end] [#49]

View All Quotes

I'd rather not sit in front of the computer non stop, but it's how I support my family.  If I could make this kind of money raising cattle and pigs you would only see me here a few times a week.

As it is, this lets me afford to play farmer on the weekend and still feed my family.  Jumping over to arfcom gives my brain a break.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#50]
These were already posted at the beginning of this discussion, but for comparison an average 3 pouch utility belt kit vs. a 4 utility one to show how tiny the 3-pouch is (and it has extra padding to accomodate the FFD pouch that nowadays is usually mounted on the side of a ammo pouch, so it could be even smaller).
Metric tape in the middle, both are Dragon Supplies rigs

The more i look at it the more i understand the DiZ rig having more appeal in its larger size
Page / 79
Velocity Systems Jungle Kit (Page 46 of 79)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top