BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My impression was that all grave goods and artifacts had been plundered centuries ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, so they never found the pharaoh in there? I had always thought they had.

My impression was that all grave goods and artifacts had been plundered centuries ago.

They still find tombs in the Valley of the Kings.  
The pyramids at Giza were some other purpose.

There are many other pyramids built after the ones at Giza.   They are pathetic copies at best.  And claimed to have only been built a couple hundred years earlier and on.   How did they forget so quickly, if that’s so?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do you get this garbage from Zechariah Sitchkin or Scott Creighton?  Probably Creighton.  Lol.  Serious scholars.  

Here's graffiti from the boat pit:

https://live.staticflickr.com/6032/5893436562_d9a12883e1.jpg

How many names of the king are used perfectly?

https://i.imgur.com/Gs4os1I.png

I count three.  Impressive fakes for that dude and especially that time.  Insanely impressive.  Impossibly so.

But hey, you want more than one photo of the shaft graffiti?  Aight.  You're setting goalposts out in the parking lot at this point but no sweat.

Here's the famous segment:

https://i0.wp.com/www.dailygrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/gantenbrink-reverse.jpg?fit=550%2C385&ssl=1

Best theory I've heard is that it's a cut line and a quickly painted "121" in early hieratic, 121 being the length of the shaft in cubits.

Here it is in a collage of the shots made by the robot, I think this'd count for more than one pic.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8F-AAe-ryTE/TeAMhnc5L6I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/fXJonJuzU5Q/s1600/hieroglyphs-zoom.jpg

Lest you think this is a rare or unheard of phenomenon, here is a bit of similar graffiti from an interior unfinished stone face in what is thought to be a fifth dynasty pyramid known today as Lepsius XXIV, probably roughly 120 years later:

http://egyptphoto.ncf.ca/Abusir%20Pyramid%20of%20Lepsius%20XXIV%20workman's%20insription_640.jpg

Fifth dynasty pyramids all blow goats but this one tells some cool stories on it's inside faces as it disintegrates.
View Quote

So, basically exactly what I said. One single example with script that can be interpreted any number of ways depending on the outcome you want. If you compare the great pyramids with any other construction the contrast is so stark that just common sense alone says it wasn't the Egyptians.  But whatever, believe what you want. Out of curiosity, do you have some ethnic skin in the game or something as an Egyptian or of that heritage?

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I completely agree with the last sentence. I still say there is no way ancient Egyptians built the pyramids. Even with stagnation of a society the human brain still evolved over these thousands of years. The current Egyptians are only slightly more intelligent than the stones themselves. Dumb as a rock you might say.  No friggin way these were built by them. Maybe the labor but not the design and planning.

Edit:
I’ll even expand the same thing to the Mayans and Aztecs. Nope didn’t build them.
View Quote

By the same logic one could look at Joe Biden and most of DC today and deny that the US Constitution was written by Americans, or look at the comment section for any youtube video and conclude that Bill Shakespeare must've been a martian.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You’re ignoring the possibility of being conquered. There was plenty of fighting during the Middle Kingdoms.

I’m sure the Vikings wiped out plenty of people that were more sophisticated and advanced. They just weren’t better fighters.
View Quote

There were a few conquerers and such.. The Hyksos, the Sea People, the Persians, the Kushite Nubians, the Greeks, the Romans, the Byzantines, the Sassanids, and finally the Rashidun Caliphate, with the homegrown Copts in there chipping faces off monuments just for laughs..

Yea, you could say there was some loss of cultural knowledge that did not originate from declines in the innate abilities of the humans inhabiting the area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I knew a guy who was a Manager for GE and was over in Egypt supervising the construction of a nuclear power plant. He described the Egyptians as "The dumbest people on the face of the planet."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really doubt these were built by Egyptians. Here is why:
Egyptians are credited with inventing all kinds of shit. Math, paper, bowling, the police and on and on.
If they were so fucking smart thousands of years ago, then why haven’t they evolved into super genius’s today?

Have you ever met a smart Egyptian?
I would bet you have not.
What modern day anything has an Egyptian invented. Not one thing. They never invented anything they are credited with and they didn’t build the pyramids.

Or did the super smart ancient Egyptians just evolve into the not so intelligent non inventive people they are today?

I knew a guy who was a Manager for GE and was over in Egypt supervising the construction of a nuclear power plant. He described the Egyptians as "The dumbest people on the face of the planet."

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 12:58:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So, basically exactly what I said. One single example with script that can be interpreted any number of ways depending on the outcome you want. If you compare the great pyramids with any other construction the contrast is so stark that just common sense alone says it wasn't the Egyptians.  But whatever, believe what you want. Out of curiosity, do you have some ethnic skin in the game or something as an Egyptian or of that heritage?

View Quote

You have two "scholars" claiming the Khufu glyphs in the Vyse chambers are fake.  The claims don't make much sense considering the people finding them and the time they were found and the "scholars" in question have lots of other work they've done that most reasonable people would call "a bit off" if they were being charitable.  The markings in the shaft are very similar to marks we see other examples of elsewhere in contexts that make sense.  You can pretend that this theory is unlikely if you like but it holds more water than any pre-dynastic construction theory and further discoveries reinforce it rather than making it less likely.  

There's that clinging to ignorance again...

There's a pretty clear progression from predynastic monuments in Abydos to the monuments at Saqqara, then to Dahshur, then Giza, and finally a step down to Abusir.  I'd be glad to explain it but I can't understand it for you, especially if you simply refuse to understand.  The TLDR version (skipping pre-dynastic to 2nd dynasty) is mastaba, step pyramid, various attempts at straight walled pyramids, Sneferu's three in order, then Giza, then cheaper straight walled designs that just look like slightly rocky sand dunes today after all the casing was stripped.  Even just identifying the chronology of third, fourth, fifth dynasty monuments will show it clear as day.  Again too, the more we dig up today, the more support there is for that chronology, and the more we understand about the people of the time.

What skin do I have in the game?  None as such, I'm not Egyptian, I'm just interested.  The more interested I get (and it's neigh on an obsession at this point, I WILL RETURN to Abydos and Dendara), the more I find that the "mysteries" upon which much new age bullshit is built are simply laziness passed off as scholarship or charlatans trying to make a buck off the gullible.  I tend to refer to them as crazies because that's more charitable than scammer, charlatan, or liar.

You want some crack-ass new age Egypt weirdness that I don't really want to debunk? Check out Dorothy Eady.  Whether she was a liar or a kook or really the reincarnated temple priestess and lover of Seti I that she claimed, she put her efforts into preserving and studying one of the most important ancient sites in Egypt.  She did enough work on the temple and it's surroundings, real good honest work, that she deserves to be celebrated among the foremost Egyptologists of all time.  If she was a liar it would seem that she lived that lie with a suspiciously strong honesty.  She wasn't out profiting from it, selling fiction as fact, organizing free to her tours with kickbacks.. She put her kooky nose to the grindstone and cranked out scholarly work by the bucketload.  

Oh, and I probably hate Zahi Hawass even more than you do.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are many other pyramids built after the ones at Giza.   They are pathetic copies at best.  And claimed to have only been built a couple hundred years earlier and on.   How did they forget so quickly, if that’s so?
View Quote

Common core schooling...
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

TEAR THOSE DISGUSTING PILES DOWN!!!!!!!
View Quote

but then where would the aliens land?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

but then where would the aliens land?
View Quote

Same place they do now, trailer parks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Same place they do now, trailer parks.
View Quote

I hear they're attracted to mobile homes,  macaroni & cheese and busch beer.

.....or is that tornadoes?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Those scans are going to trigger the alarms, then the aliens will come and eat our brains.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You have two "scholars" claiming the Khufu glyphs in the Vyse chambers are fake.  The claims don't make much sense considering the people finding them and the time they were found and the "scholars" in question have lots of other work they've done that most reasonable people would call "a bit off" if they were being charitable.  The markings in the shaft are very similar to marks we see other examples of elsewhere in contexts that make sense.  You can pretend that this theory is unlikely if you like but it holds more water than any pre-dynastic construction theory and further discoveries reinforce it rather than making it less likely.  

There's a pretty clear progression from predynastic monuments in Abydos to the monuments at Saqqara, then to Dahshur, then Giza, and finally a step down to Abusir.  I'd be glad to explain it but I can't understand it for you, especially if you simply refuse to understand.  The TLDR version (skipping pre-dynastic to 2nd dynasty) is mastaba, step pyramid, various attempts at straight walled pyramids, Sneferu's three in order, then Giza, then cheaper straight walled designs that just look like slightly rocky sand dunes today after all the casing was stripped.  Even just identifying the chronology of third, fourth, fifth dynasty monuments will show it clear as day.  Again too, the more we dig up today, the more support there is for that chronology, and the more we understand about the people of the time.

What skin do I have in the game?  None as such, I'm not Egyptian, I'm just interested.  The more interested I get (and it's neigh on an obsession at this point, I WILL RETURN to Abydos and Dendara), the more I find that the "mysteries" upon which much new age bullshit is built are simply laziness passed off as scholarship or charlatans trying to make a buck off the gullible.  I tend to refer to them as crazies because that's more charitable than scammer, charlatan, or liar.

You want some crack-ass new age Egypt weirdness that I don't really want to debunk? Check out Dorothy Eady.  Whether she was a liar or a kook or really the reincarnated temple priestess and lover of Seti I that she claimed, she put her efforts into preserving and studying one of the most important ancient sites in Egypt.  She did enough work on the temple and it's surroundings, real good honest work, that she deserves to be celebrated among the foremost Egyptologists of all time.  If she was a liar it would seem that she lived that lie with a suspiciously strong honesty.  She wasn't out profiting from it, selling fiction as fact, organizing free to her tours with kickbacks.. She put her kooky nose to the grindstone and cranked out scholarly work by the bucketload.  

View Quote

Ok, let's recap:

So they went from mud brick with plenty of carvings, paintings, etc. to megalithic stones while showing no other appreciable advance in technology elsewhere in their society in about 400 years? That's totally absurd. It's also absurd that if the pyramids were sharing a purpose, you would make such stark design differences over the years. This would be completely unique in human history outside of our modern period for such advancement in such a short period of time. You would also expect other similar civilizations to make similar advances, yet, there are none.  

Next, lets take it in context with the sphinx. Geology is pretty absolute as a science. The geology says there is no way the sphinx was built by Egyptians.

Next, let's look at external evidence. The ONLY Egyptian thing that has been found which might even attribute them to Egyptians was a papyrus. But curiously, it only said workers were working on the same stone found in exterior casing of the pyramid. It says nothing about building the pyramid itself. It doesn't even say that the stone was to be used in a pyramid at all. And the translation itself doesn't make any sense. Akhet Khofu appears to be a port (he says he sailed to and from it), but yet has been interpreted as a pyramid? Too far of a stretch for me.

Next, there weren't enough workers to build them in the first place over the span of Khofus reign. We know this to be fact, unless they could make stones fly or something.

Next, there is a single marking in the Great pyramids that say's it's a work gang, and another that is illegible. This has proven almost certainly fake (the only other markings about these work "gangs" are in other structures.

Next, we know the Egyptians didn't bury their dead in pyramids. So what was their purpose? Not only that, but it's strange there are pyramids across the globe, and none hold bodies.

Next, the ONLY, inscription, etc. that directly attributes the Great pyramids to Egyptians/Khofu is from Herodotus, at least some 2,000+ years AFTER said pyramids were even said to be built, which he acknowledges is completely hearsay from things he's heard from the Egyptians. That's obviously an immense amount of time for things to get convoluted. His description does include three pyramids, but the construction techniques and stone sourcing is not the same as the Great pyramids. It says the great pyramid was surrounded by something like a moat, but obviously nothing like that has been found. He says they had iron tools, which they did not. The list goes on. It seems to me the story of Khofu and his sons building pyramids survived, but the Great Pyramids were wrongly attributed to them. My theory is that Khofu was behind the renovation of them as existing structures, but he certainly did not build them.

Now, in other texts, such as from the Hebrews, Indians, Greeks, etc., of a similar time we've been able to corroborate a great many things. So how is it, that arguably the most amazing creation of the ancient world, the only remaining of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, and whoever built it didn't take credit for it? And it's built in a radically different style than anything else?

Sorry, but one doubt and I could still maybe think the Egyptians built them, but given the whole of the set and there is no way I can see any reasonable and intelligent person could believe that.

From any perspective- geologic, archeological, psychological/behavioral, historical, artistic, and so on there are giant gaping holes in your theory.

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ok, let's recap:

So they went from mud brick with plenty of carvings, paintings, etc. to megalithic stones while showing no other appreciable advance in technology elsewhere in their society in about 400 years? That's totally absurd. It's also absurd that if the pyramids were sharing a purpose, you would make such stark design differences over the years. This would be completely unique in human history outside of our modern period for such advancement in such a short period of time. You would also expect other similar civilizations to make similar advances, yet, there are none.  

Next, lets take it in context with the sphinx. Geology is pretty absolute as a science. The geology says there is no way the sphinx was built by Egyptians.

Next, let's look at external evidence. The ONLY Egyptian thing that has been found which might even attribute them to Egyptians was a papyrus. But curiously, it only said workers were working on the same stone found in exterior casing of the pyramid. It says nothing about building the pyramid itself. It doesn't even say that the stone was to be used in a pyramid at all. And the translation itself doesn't make any sense. Akhet Khofu appears to be a port (he says he sailed to and from it), but yet has been interpreted as a pyramid? Too far of a stretch for me.

Next, there weren't enough workers to build them in the first place over the span of Khofus reign. We know this to be fact, unless they could make stones fly or something.

Next, there is a single marking in the Great pyramids that say's it's a work gang, and another that is illegible. This has proven almost certainly fake (the only other markings about these work "gangs" are in other structures.

Next, we know the Egyptians didn't bury their dead in pyramids. So what was their purpose? Not only that, but it's strange there are pyramids across the globe, and none hold bodies.

Next, the ONLY, inscription, etc. that directly attributes the Great pyramids to Egyptians/Khofu is from Herodotus, at least some 2,000+ years AFTER said pyramids were even said to be built, which he acknowledges is completely hearsay from things he's heard from the Egyptians. That's obviously an immense amount of time for things to get convoluted. His description does include three pyramids, but the construction techniques and stone sourcing is not the same as the Great pyramids. It says the great pyramid was surrounded by something like a moat, but obviously nothing like that has been found. He says they had iron tools, which they did not. The list goes on. It seems to me the story of Khofu and his sons building pyramids survived, but the Great Pyramids were wrongly attributed to them. My theory is that Khofu was behind the renovation of them as existing structures, but he certainly did not build them.

Now, in other texts, such as from the Hebrews, Indians, Greeks, etc., of a similar time we've been able to corroborate a great many things. So how is it, that arguably the most amazing creation of the ancient world, the only remaining of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, and whoever built it didn't take credit for it? And it's built in a radically different style than anything else?

Sorry, but one doubt and I could still maybe think the Egyptians built them, but given the whole of the set and there is no way I can see any reasonable and intelligent person could believe that.

From any perspective- geologic, archeological, psychological/behavioral, historical, artistic, and so on there are giant gaping holes in your theory.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, let's recap:

SuCh IgNoRaNcE

sUcH gRoSs
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My buddy is a PhD Chemist that specializes in the chemistry of hard things. He believes those "stones" were poured, and not actually carved.

He's taken me down the rabbit hole a couple times, and it sounds pretty convincing.
View Quote

They told us that they were quarried a few miles away. Common geology, holes in the ground, all that.

Our guide then asked our group if we had any ideas on how they moved 20 ton stone blocks over several high altitude mountain ridges; I promptly replied “space aliens”.

The hotel we stayed at in Cuzco (Hotel Liberatador) was built in situ on an old Inca foundation. For a Bronze Age civilization they were pretty savvy engineers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok, let's recap:

View Quote

Lots of opinions, based on pretty much nothing.

This is what happens when you start with edgy conclusions and try to backfill an explanation.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lots of opinions, based on pretty much nothing.

This is what happens when you start with edgy conclusions and try to backfill an explanation.
View Quote

You just described all social sciences, especially anthropology
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok, let's recap:

View Quote

Every straw man and begged question you've built in the above post is hewn from the most incredible grade-A wagyu bullshit I have seen on this website in perhaps a decade.  I'm a little stunned honestly.  Congrats.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SuCh IgNoRaNcE

sUcH gRoSs
View Quote

I absolutely beg you to familiarize yourself with logical fallacies.  I don't even give a fuck what you think about pyramids.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are many other pyramids built after the ones at Giza.   They are pathetic copies at best.  And claimed to have only been built a couple hundred years earlier and on.   How did they forget so quickly, if that's so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, so they never found the pharaoh in there? I had always thought they had.

There are many other pyramids built after the ones at Giza.   They are pathetic copies at best.  And claimed to have only been built a couple hundred years earlier and on.   How did they forget so quickly, if that's so?
Probably the same reason we can't build anything grand anymore. The Egyptian workforce unionized and their society developed environmental regulations, OSHA and fair labor standards.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Such a progressive and educated society, they can't even do their own research into their own past.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems likely that the Egyptians simply discovered these constructions rather than built them, and they made some later adaptations. Official sources are definitely telling some lies.

Egyptian authorities for archeological studies are notorious for having an iron grip on what is allowed to be researched and who gets to dig. Anything that may change the official story of their heritage is dismissed and probably destroyed.

Everything is filtered through them.

Such a progressive and educated society, they can't even do their own research into their own past.

If a foreign researcher found something the Egyptians didn’t want out the researchers would release the info anyway.

The way Egypt was pillaged i don’t blame them for being guarded.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Almost as if a technologically advanced society was around…hmm…

What could have wiped out such an advanced society

If only there was a written Book to tell us!

Pre Noah’s flood!  Better get in while you can, the eternal door is almost fully closed!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's like that in Italy with the Etruscan stone buildings.   Giant, fitted stone, then actual documented locals building on top of them with much smaller, less intricate stone working.

Yep. Lots of lesser stone construction built atop older way better stone construction around the world. I still doubt the aztecs and incas built pyramids. I think they found them and moved in.

Also a story of interest...
https://curiosmos.com/the-ancient-french-pyramid-you-probably-had-no-idea-existed/

Here's an interesting video about pyramids around the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTd1fRCAvR4

Almost as if a technologically advanced society was around…hmm…

What could have wiped out such an advanced society

If only there was a written Book to tell us!

Pre Noah’s flood!  Better get in while you can, the eternal door is almost fully closed!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have worked in medical imaging for 16 years on CT scanners
I believe it would not be too big of a problem to build a CT that could scan buildings or the pyramids
Use of a high energy radioactive isotope to punch threw the stone and a third generation detector setup with wyfi data transfer could scan the pyramid in a few hours and have sub inch resolution and without spending tons of money
View Quote

What?!

This is literally, hypothetically, and physically impossible.  Further, isotopes are not used in CT.  You don't "punch threw" anything.  This post is unequivocally senseless.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#23]
(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but you're not as smart as you think you are. Everybody else also isn't as dumb as you think they are. You bringing logical fallacies into the argument as your argument is also a number of logical fallacies (red herring to begin with). Not to mention ad hominem attacks because you don't have any intellectual or logical ammo to use in the argument.

How about you actually provide counter-arguments? Oh, you can't. And it seems you don't even understand the terms you're using. I didn't beg any questions, nor provide any straw man arguments.

You obviously just can't hang. And since it's not already obvious to you: sometimes the emperor just isn't wearing clothes, and it doesn't even take a genius to see it. You're not even intelligent enough to realize you're not intelligent enough.

Shut the fuck up already. You've been proven wrong over and over again. You are just sounding like a little whiny bitch at this point.

....But hey, every time you post, you just prove everyone else's points, so maybe just keep posting on the other hand....

View Quote

You've offered not a shred of a hint of a smudge of backing for any of your fictions.  Why the fuck would I continue to cite things and explain things when you'll just invent some even more fantastical theory without any proof?  That's not how this works kiddo.. You make the claim you back it up, it is not the duty of the world to prove you wrong, it is your duty to prove you right.    This is a pretty important bedrock of science.  Get to it.  Show me who carved the sphinx if not the Egyptians.  Show me who built the pyramids if not for them.  Tell me their purpose if it is not the burial and deification of a pharaoh.  Show me a more sensible explanation of the evolution of pyramids if they are not a development from the mastaba which was itself a derivative of a standard pit grave. I'm not even saying you have to prove them, just show some evidence that suggests any of your intellectually challenged fever dreams are even as likely a possibility as the boring old egyptologists theories.  "Nuh-uh" is not an argument and neither is following up one fiction with another.  

.....But hey, every time I post I prove someone else's points, meaning you or your ilk?  While that's nonsense it would be fucking nice if true because at least then SOMEONE would've bothered to prove them.  Y'all are just throwing monkey shit at a wall as always.  It won't ever change because that's the only kind of analysis that permits this garbage.  Ignorance is your religion and you rage like a jihadi at anyone who insults it.  Maybe I can't hang with that.  Maybe I've already ignored the whole "don't wrestle with pigs" saying just a bit too much.  

Oh, and if we're pointing out ad hominem attacks, people get their peepees slapped for things like "shut the fuck up already" and calling each other whiny bitches. I won't hit the report button because really your own posts are their own refutation and the more you make them the less anyone needs to do to show them to be nonsense, but staff or mods do occasionally read threads themselves.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You've offered not a shred of a hint of a smudge of backing for any of your fictions.  Why the fuck would I continue to cite things and explain things when you'll just invent some even more fantastical theory without any proof?  That's not how this works kiddo.. You make the claim you back it up, it is not the duty of the world to prove you wrong, it is your duty to prove you right.    This is a pretty important bedrock of science.  Get to it.  Show me who carved the sphinx if not the Egyptians.  Show me who built the pyramids if not for them.  Tell me their purpose if it is not the burial and deification of a pharaoh.  Show me a more sensible explanation of the evolution of pyramids if they are not a development from the mastaba which was itself a derivative of a standard pit grave. I'm not even saying you have to prove them, just show some evidence that suggests any of your intellectually challenged fever dreams are even as likely a possibility as the boring old egyptologists theories.  "Nuh-uh" is not an argument and neither is following up one fiction with another.  

.....But hey, every time I post I prove someone else's points, meaning you or your ilk?  While that's nonsense it would be fucking nice if true because at least then SOMEONE would've bothered to prove them.  Y'all are just throwing monkey shit at a wall as always.  It won't ever change because that's the only kind of analysis that permits this garbage.  Ignorance is your religion and you rage like a jihadi at anyone who insults it.  Maybe I can't hang with that.  Maybe I've already ignored the whole "don't wrestle with pigs" saying just a bit too much.  

Oh, and if we're pointing out ad hominem attacks, people get their peepees slapped for things like "shut the fuck up already" and calling each other whiny bitches. I won't hit the report button because really your own posts are their own refutation and the more you make them the less anyone needs to do to show them to be nonsense, but staff or mods do occasionally read threads themselves.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to break it to you, but you're not as smart as you think you are. Everybody else also isn't as dumb as you think they are. You bringing logical fallacies into the argument as your argument is also a number of logical fallacies (red herring to begin with). Not to mention ad hominem attacks because you don't have any intellectual or logical ammo to use in the argument.

How about you actually provide counter-arguments? Oh, you can't. And it seems you don't even understand the terms you're using. I didn't beg any questions, nor provide any straw man arguments.

You obviously just can't hang. And since it's not already obvious to you: sometimes the emperor just isn't wearing clothes, and it doesn't even take a genius to see it. You're not even intelligent enough to realize you're not intelligent enough.

Shut the fuck up already. You've been proven wrong over and over again. You are just sounding like a little whiny bitch at this point.

....But hey, every time you post, you just prove everyone else's points, so maybe just keep posting on the other hand....

I don’t think you can claim the CoC high ground. You’ve used some pretty insulting language in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#26]
(Removed, CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#27]
agh.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm going to give you the same advice you gave me.
These people are pig ignorant.
They are literal examples of those who can't learn and won't self educate.

The evidence that the AE built the Gizan monuments, including the Sphinx is overwhelming.
If they read one of Mark Lehners books or Petrie, even, it would change the way they think.
But they won't because they think that admitting they are wrong is some form of weakness.

It's fine, they are entitled to be stupid.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don’t think you can claim the CoC high ground. You’ve used some pretty insulting language in this thread.
View Quote

He's planted his flag in this thread too

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Who-built-the-ancient-megalithic-structures-often-accredited-to-the-Incas/5-2176528/&page=66
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
(Removed-guns762)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#31]

lol., i guess at least he's consistent.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread is awesome.  It's like watching Leonard Nimoy's "In Search Of" with real, live nuts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:11:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Lizard People Apartments.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Mysterious Voids would be a great name for a rock group.
View Quote

Or a high end call girl
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#35]
The Pyramids were built upside down in the sand then they dug down one side and let it flip over. easy-peasy.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm going to give you the same advice you gave me.
These people are pig ignorant.
They are literal examples of those who can't learn and won't self educate.

The evidence that the AE built the Gizan monuments, including the Sphinx is overwhelming.
If they read one of Mark Lehners books or Petrie, even, it would change the way they think.
But they won't because they think that admitting they are wrong is some form of weakness.

It's fine, they are entitled to be stupid.
View Quote

But goddamn it's just eye opening to see what passes for logic in some people's lives.  Explains a lot I guess.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Please open it up. Please be something big that comes out. Please stomp stomp destroy.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
God damn.

Some of you go hard in the paint over shit like this. Any chance you all could keep the insults in the PM’s so this thread doesn’t get locked? Some of us who find the topic interesting would like to be able to follow up with this thread.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Don't forget this one:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Egypt-Displays-Recently-Discovered-Ancient-Tombs-in-Saqqara/5-2539295/

Go have a look.  Read the article.  The type of pit grave with burial chamber they're unveiling there is the type of thing you'd see with the elite but not royal (and the titles they describe like "Chairman of the Royal Household Brass Band and such are exactly the kind of thing you see on elites through the whole of AE history, they're pretty funny really).  Something like this was the precursor to the mastaba though obviously the pit graves didn't go away for less important folks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:02:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Apparently they're pretty well done in terms.   There's also a theory that's gaining some prominence about how there was a ramp either slightly inside or on the outside that wound around the pyramid to help with construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7NZRKJvcNs
View Quote

There should be a death penalty for anyone that this guys videos. Good god, his voice is so annoying.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
God damn.

Some of you go hard in the paint over shit like this. Any chance you all could keep the insults in the PM’s so this thread doesn’t get locked? Some of us who find the topic interesting would like to be able to follow up with this thread.
View Quote

Like a bunch of old women slinging purses at each other.

This isn't even an actual controversial topic either.

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Like a bunch of old women slinging purses at each other.

This isn't even an actual controversial topic either.

View Quote

It's more fun to argue over than today's bullshit.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm out, the two bitching at each other is tiring. Interesting topic blown all to hell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
The pyramids will never be fully understood what their true purpose is.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The pyramids will never be fully understood what their true purpose is.
View Quote
That's actually pretty easy. They are symbols of power for the ruling elite.  Symbols like that allow the system to exert control over the population by creating common culture and belief, and they create doubt in the minds of both internal and external enemies because they know that the power behind those monuments can do immense, amazing things.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Curious, whats the oldest documents the pyramids are mentioned?

Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:07:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Curious, whats the oldest documents the pyramids are mentioned?

View Quote

Oldest I'm not certain, but damn near and best.

ETA- even if you think I'm an asshole, look at that.  It's importance is independent of my assholedness.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

My buddy is a PhD Chemist that specializes in the chemistry of hard things. He believes those "stones" were poured, and not actually carved.

He's taken me down the rabbit hole a couple times, and it sounds pretty convincing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Incas were master stonecutters.

https://live.staticflickr.com/4901/31448065737_d9285d44bf_h.jpgSacsayhuaman by FredMan, on Flickr

The Mayans were lazybones who just threw things together.

The stones in the pyramids at Giza do not have a uniform size.  Does your friend believe they used differently sized molds for each pour?
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#49]
(Removed, banned from thread for CoC-6~guns762)
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Don't forget this one:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Egypt-Displays-Recently-Discovered-Ancient-Tombs-in-Saqqara/5-2539295/

Go have a look.  Read the article.  The type of pit grave with burial chamber they're unveiling there is the type of thing you'd see with the elite but not royal (and the titles they describe like "Chairman of the Royal Household Brass Band and such are exactly the kind of thing you see on elites through the whole of AE history, they're pretty funny really).  Something like this was the precursor to the mastaba though obviously the pit graves didn't go away for less important folks.
View Quote

(Removed, CoC-6~guns762) You are only reinforcing the fact that the great pyramids are insanely different in both construction and design that anything else. But yeah, call it an "evolution." Cultures always move away from rococo into stark simplicity. That's demonstrated time and time again...lmfao. Oh, wait, it was vandals who robbed everything and sheared the granite inner walls? Yeah, that makes sense. Thieves generally love extra work for no reason. Nowadays when there is a home burglarly they stop at Home Depot afterwards once they find out what the paint colors are and they come back to make touch ups. Obviously. LMFAO.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top