Site Notices
Page / 99
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets go Wings!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am at work for another hour, just check the score and this thread..are the wings and hawks at least playing good hockey tonight? I should be able to catch most of the 3rd.

After a brief feeling-out period it has been quite good...

Got my game worn Steve Duchesne '02 sweater out for luck. Not sure if i should put it on or not. My record wearing jerseys or Wings paraphernalia is very spotty this postseason.

I am not superstitious at all unless it's hockey.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#3]
1-0 Hawks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1-0 Hawks.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 5:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Wings just couldn't do anything that period.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Hawks had some pressure there.

Looks this will be using extra time to find a winner.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the sign of a strong conference.

Too bad the east has to be a part of the finals
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
My phone almost hit the tv. Good thing I never played baseball.

ETA: shut the TV off too soon. Chip in the wall paint was unnecessary as of now.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't even know what to say about those series of events.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That was pretty bad...
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#11]
That call will be the ?
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Hawks win
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:03:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Balls.  Go Hawks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUKKIN' A!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:04:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn.  Good series.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:05:26 PM EDT
[#17]
WCF: Kings in 7
ECF: Crosby in 6
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WCF: Kings in 7
ECF: Crosby in 6

Gary says, Crosby in 1.

FOR EVERYTHING.
;)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#19]
GO Kings!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

GO Kings!!

Go cry.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
GO Kings!!

The Kings will be a good series.

Until then.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Don Cherry said it best.... When the Red Wings are out of the playoffs, hockey season is over.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:19:33 PM EDT
[#23]
How in the WORLD was that hit on Nyquist just before the goal not boarding???

Oh well. Wings went further than I expected and for a change i have nothing bad to say about the coaching or goaltending. Howie was stellar in all 14 games.

Hawks had better bring it, because the Kings are a better team than the Wings are.

I did not - in all honesty - expect them to get this far. The Wings did not impress me at all this season, they were a patchwork quilt all season. They'd go beat the Ducks twice in a row in Anaheim, then get beat by a sucky team. Zero consistency. As the playoffs loomed i wasn't even sure they would make it in. Then thy had a good run against the Ducks, and got up 3-1 on Chicago, but their youth (when's the last time you heard anyone accuse the Wings of excessive youth? 1963? ) showed. They were playing way above their experience level if you ask me, and that's a big compliment to the coaching. In the end, the wheels fell off the winged wheel.  

Looking forward to next season already.

BTW Holland has some holes to fill with talent this Summer. At least to shore up depth. The can't expect to make a run at the Cup again with such a young team. The one spot they have very well filled is goaltending. I am very tough on goaltenders and this time, I can't praise Howard in particular highly enough. Had the Wings potted the OT goal tonight Howie would have stolen the series.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#24]
That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Backside ref never even had his arm up, both teams touched before the shot.

But, doesn't matter Hawks win!

My bar hasn't been that loud since they won the cup.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

BTW Holland has some holes to fill with talent this Summer. At least to shore up depth. The can't expect to make a run at the Cup again with such a young team. The one spot they have very well filled is goaltending. I am very tough on goaltenders and this time, I can't praise Howard in particular highly enough. Had the Wings potted the OT goal tonight Howie would have stolen the series.

Bickel and Stalberg are due pay raises, both play on that 3rd line.

No way they stay making sub 1m.  875k is what Stalberg made.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bickel and Stalberg are due pay raises, both play on that 3rd line.  

No way they stay making sub 1m.  875k is what Stalberg made.

Pretty sure Stalberg will be traded away, with or without a cup win. That spat with Q and getting benched was it,  imho.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO Kings!!

Go cry.

cool.  Did you guys even know you had a hockey team up until a few years ago? I knewlots of people who would drive to Chicago instead of Detroit to watch the wings play because tickets were so cheap.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GO Kings!!

Go cry.

cool.  Did you guys even know you had a hockey team up until a few years ago? I knewlots of people who would drive to Chicago instead of Detroit to watch the wings play because tickets were so cheap.  

And notice how that all changed when Bill Wirtz dropped dead?  Best thing that happened for the franchise was not showing up when Bill repeatedly put out bad teams and refused to air home games.  But believe it or not, Blackhawks hockey in Chicago goes back to well before the year 2000.

Now go cry some more.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 2:51:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, talk about a sour winner.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 3:46:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Really wanted Shitcago to lose.  Not that I like Detroit.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GO Kings!!

Go cry.

And notice how that all changed when Bill Wirtz dropped dead?  Best thing that happened for the franchise was not showing up when Bill repeatedly put out bad teams and refused to air home games.  But believe it or not, Blackhawks hockey in Chicago goes back to well before the year 2000.

Now go cry some more.

WOW. A sore winner is worse than a sore loser.

I remember all the times when Chelios was wearing the Red and White IN Chicago and Chicago fans were cheering for him. It wasn't until recently where you'd see more Red Wings jersey in Chicago than Blackhawks jerseys. This thing about Detroit and Chicago have a Hockey rivalry is so laughable.

I don't get why you're upset cause I said "Go Kings". Your team just advanced to the Western Conference Finals. You should be happy.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]
I made it home from work last night with about 9 min left in the third.

I said "What a terrible call."

Everyone, but most Wings fans (as I am, truth be told) agreed it was a terrible call.

If the Wings won in OT, it would have been a damn disgrace. The Wings lost that game in the 3rd.

Chicago moves on, and Hockey doesn't end because the Wings are out of it. Dumbest thing I ever heard. Great hockey lays ahead, that is for sure.

If you are a fan of the game, you appreciate the game and appreciate the teams that are left. If you are a fan of a team and don't care about the game, then yes, hockey should be over for you. There is so much crying on facebook today from Wings fans but not from hockey fans. The better team won last night, twice actually

I turned 40 today. I am playing in 1 hour, I hope I lace them up for another 20 years at least. My son plays and this is the greatest game on earth for a father and his son(s).
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:34:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Chris, wouldn't you expect Wings fans to be bummed...? Even though the best team won, there's still that morning after feeling.

As the legitimate hockey fan I am, of course hockey goes on. There is a large faction of Wings fans who call themselves "hockey fans" but in reality are only bandwagoneers who jump on when the team does well, and break their ankles jumping off the bandwagon when the team is out. Strange. I listen to 97.1 all the time and sometimes it's like pulling teeth getting these "fans" to call in... And so many that call in are just slappies.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#35]
And Happy Birthday Chris!
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:02:47 AM EDT
[#37]
That was a fun game to watch though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember all the times when Chelios was wearing the Red and White IN Chicago and Chicago fans were cheering for him. It wasn't until recently where you'd see more Red Wings jersey in Chicago than Blackhawks jerseys. This thing about Detroit and Chicago have a Hockey rivalry is so laughable.

I don't get why you're upset cause I said "Go Kings". Your team just advanced to the Western Conference Finals. You should be happy.

Chelios was cheered in Chicago because he played there for a long time and because he's a class act.  So the classy thing to do is recognize a guy like that regardless of what sweater he's wearing.  And I've been going to Hawks games since 1988 or so, including when they played the Red Wings, and I never recall seeing more Red Wings sweaters than Blackhawks'.  That's ridiculous.

Personally, I can't think of a better way for the Hawks/Wings rivalry to end - overtime in Game 7 (even if there never should've been overtime).

Again.. Rivalry? lol.

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:03:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Well... A rivalry minus 15 seasons...
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 12:13:12 PM EDT
[#40]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2013/05/30/phoenix-coyotes-170-million-sale-to-be-partially-funded-by-nhl/

New owners for the Yotes and staying in PHX?
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And Happy Birthday Chris!

Thanks mang!

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:29:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Despite my brackets being blown to hell here's what I think for thr Conf Finals:

LA/Chicago - LA in 6. My heart says Chicago; my head says LA since they're pretty much the same team from last year and aren't as banged up as Chicago.

Bos/Pit - Pit in 7. Bos is very good but I don't know if they can overcome the four undercover Penguins on the ice, the ones with the stripes on their shirts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 3:49:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Don Cherry said it best.... When the Red Wings are out of the playoffs, hockey season is over.

Well, Don Cherry (who?) and the good folks of Michigan and their band wagoners ARE NOT the current face of hockey to most of the US.

Hockey season can be over for you when your team is out. JUST like every other team.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm going to have to say LA in 6.

Crawford is good but quick is on another level. The kings have depth and grit.

PIT in 6 as well.
Rask won't keep up with the scoring and Boston is going to have to give PIT a few PPs to stay in the series
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:38:35 AM EDT
[#46]
The RedWings can only win if the other team lets them skate away with it. If they put up a fight the Wings fold, it's been that way since their late '90s dynasty.
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Despite my brackets being blown to hell here's what I think for thr Conf Finals:

LA/Chicago - LA in 6. My heart says Chicago; my head says LA since they're pretty much the same team from last year and aren't as banged up as Chicago.

Bos/Pit - Pit in 7. Bos is very good but I don't know if they can overcome the four undercover Penguins on the ice, the ones with the stripes on their shirts.

The Pens jealousy never does stop amazing me.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can pull that with someone else and get away with it, but not me.

The Pens are a very good team... But to deny they get favorable calls and that the League has fast tracked Crosby to Next Great One status is folly. Also whenever the team is in jeopardy (as in the lean years of the 2000s) the team somehow magically is blessed with the best player to come out of juniors in a decade. And then gets an amazing all-star supporting cast. And we're supposed to believe this is coincidence and managerial talent?

Now, the team does have to earn the Cup... But the League can ensure certain series go longer, ensuring that other teams have an easier time opposing them.

This isn't just Pittsburgh FYI. They're just the latest "it" team... Look at some of the recent teams in the last 20 yrs who have had financial or attendance troubles... LA (won Cup), Buff (went to Finals, lost), Edmonton (went to Finals), Carolina, Tampax Bay (both won Cups after money or attendance trouble)... This is just off the top of my head, I could try to find more if I get a chance. I half expect Phoenix to meet up with Florida in the next few seasons.

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can pull that with someone else and get away with it, but not me.

The Pens are a very good team... But to deny they get favorable calls and that the League has fast tracked Crosby to Next Great One status is folly. Also whenever the team is in jeopardy (as in the lean years of the 2000s) the team somehow magically is blessed with the best player to come out of juniors in a decade. And then gets an amazing all-star supporting cast. And we're supposed to believe this is coincidence and managerial talent?

Now, the team does have to earn the Cup... But the League can ensure certain series go longer, ensuring that other teams have an easier time opposing them.

This isn't just Pittsburgh FYI. They're just the latest "it" team... Look at some of the recent teams in the last 20 yrs who have had financial or attendance troubles... LA (won Cup), Buff (went to Finals, lost), Edmonton (went to Finals), Carolina, Tampax Bay (both won Cups after money or attendance trouble)... This is just off the top of my head, I could try to find more if I get a chance. I half expect Phoenix to meet up with Florida in the next few seasons.

Yes Pittsburgh had financial troubles and that is when Lemieux stepped in and got the team.  He was a great player and who better to have as an owner.  He is the reason the Pens are so good consistently.  He knows the game he knows what wins and who is worth it.  So please enough of the tin foil stuff.

GO PENS!!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2013 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Looks like the NHL is eating most of the costs for the Yotes sale.

More or less selling the team for 48M, and the NHL is going to eat the operation costs.

If I would have hit that 600m lottery, I know what I would have bought.

(They say they will have to stay for 5 years in the arena, but in 5 years, you could resale the team if you wanted to Quebec City for 270m+)
Page / 99
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top