Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m not sure such men exist. Slut shaming usually comes from other women and simps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or it's a ton of people with values.

GD: Men should be out there banging as many women as possible.

Also GD: I don't understand why traditional/conservative values are dying.

I feel zero sympathy at all for those guys who spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible and then complain about the surplus of sluts and lack of “good women.”

I’m not sure such men exist. Slut shaming usually comes from other women and simps.

That's been 100% my experience also.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
College is preparing them for marriage.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Let me white knight for a second and just ask because I’ve never actually seen it explained. Why is the default position in this situation that it is the girl’s’ fault and not the top 5% that are sucking up everything that moves? Why not the same anger and vitriol for the top tier men greedily hogging everything for themselves? Both groups are ostensibly making the same rational biological choice given the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Look at all these chumps blaming the men.

The fact is the other sex now has delusional standards and are in the harem of a top 5% male.

What's old is now new.

A civilized society cannot abide this. Post menopause women will be old,  poor, and miserable. Young males that can't get a girl become shiftless and dangerous: very dangerous.

It can't abide.

As a MGTOW, I'm doing my part to give the left what they desire: societal collapse. Every libtard should read "The Monkey's Paw".

Let me white knight for a second and just ask because I’ve never actually seen it explained. Why is the default position in this situation that it is the girl’s’ fault and not the top 5% that are sucking up everything that moves? Why not the same anger and vitriol for the top tier men greedily hogging everything for themselves? Both groups are ostensibly making the same rational biological choice given the situation.

It’s no one’s fault. It simply is. As a man, it’s my job to recognize the way the world is and why. Getting angry about it is for women and children
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
College is preparing them for marriage.
View Quote
don't get married.

don't cohabitate.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's no one's fault. It simply is. As a man, it's my job to recognize the way the world is and why. Getting angry about it is for women and children
View Quote
amen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

One side chose poorly in most cases. Puppy love in high school can cause you to do stupid shit.

Doesn't change the fact that most (not all) of the good conservative women are scooped up relatively early.

I'm guessing the failure rate is so high, because the marriage rate is pretty high among that group.

Older folks that get married tend to think a little harder about it first.
View Quote

I live in one of the more saturated conservative states in the country. Grew up in one as well. Yes, those conservative woman are snatched up young, and divorced just as young. It was so prevalent in my young adulthood that I adamantly refused to date a divorced woman. I know for fact that those divorces were as often caused by the female cheating due to the fact she never had the nerve to shop around just even a little. Conservative women can be just as psycho as any other.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I live in one of the more saturated conservative states in the country. Grew up in one as well. Yes, those conservative woman are snatched up young, and divorced just as young. It was so prevalent in my young adulthood that I adamantly refused to date a divorced woman. I know for fact that those divorces were as often caused by the female cheating due to the fact she never had the nerve to shop around just even a little. Conservative women can be just as psycho as any other.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel zero sympathy at all for those guys who spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible and then complain about the surplus of sluts and lack of “good women.”

…have you read GD?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

…have you read GD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

…have you read GD?

Yes. There are probably less than 10 legit players in GD and I never see them complaining about a slut surplus.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#10]
They’re not incels - they’re on the down low and don’t want to admit it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:21:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes. There are probably less than 10 legit players in GD and I never see them complaining about a slut surplus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

…have you read GD?

“Legit players” was not the limit of my comment. My comment was “spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible.”

Regardless of their level of success, if that is their pursuit or goal, they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior. And if they are rewarding and perpetuating slut behavior, I have no sympathy when all they find are sluts. Notice: this isn’t slut shaming. This is simply saying “you get what you deserve” and “if you want more of a behavior, reward and subsidize it.”
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

“Legit players” was not the limit of my comment. My comment was “spent or spend time trying to bang as many chicks as possible.”

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

…have you read GD?

Very few men ever really commit to that. It’s like saying “spent or spend time trying to win as many 3-gun National titles as possible.” Then you lump dirt shooters into it out of ignorance of what that really takes.

Now if you are saying simps are artificially driving up the price of pussy by giving away free attention in the form of swipes, likes and DMs, I agree with that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Very few men ever really commit to that. It’s like saying “spent or spend time trying to win as many 3-gun National titles as possible.” Then you lump dirt shooters into it out of ignorance of what that really takes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went to an engineering college.  Major sausage fest.  The few female students there could grow facial hair better than the guys.  

View Quote

UM-Rolla?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Incel Thread!

View Quote

Or MGTOW assemble!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I went to an engineering college.  Major sausage fest.  The few female students there could grow facial hair better than the guys.  

View Quote

Isn't that the troof about female engineering students?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

UM-Rolla?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

UM-Rolla?

The S&T crowd is not easy on the eyes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Women engineers are like women marines…
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

UM-Rolla?
View Quote

Go Miners!!!

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Now if you are saying simps are artificially driving up the price of pussy by giving away free attention in the form of swipes, likes and DMs, I agree with that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

…have you read GD?

If they’re spending time focusing on sluts, chasing sluts, dreaming of sluts, or trying to make more women into sluts (yes, that includes simps), they’re included. If they’re focusing on chasing sex instead of establishing relationships, they’re included.

Although it’s not “driving up the price” of anything. It’s making that the only measure of value, then being upset when everyone’s using that instead of conserving it and developing other qualities.

When no one values non-slutty behavior until it’s too late, all that’s left are sluts.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#21]
LOL more evidence that my spawn are destined to run this rock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They are often on the list of people that claim that all the good ones were taken.

Well no shit, most good women get scooped up before they are 20.

That's the way to end up with one that isn't a psycho and is fiercely loyal, or at least one of the better ways.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They’re no better than Dems fleeing Democrat hell holes complaining about the problems they voted for and will continue to vote for. They don’t see a problem with the policies, just the results.

They are often on the list of people that claim that all the good ones were taken.

Well no shit, most good women get scooped up before they are 20.

That's the way to end up with one that isn't a psycho and is fiercely loyal, or at least one of the better ways.

Dudes that actually do the banging and not just the pursuing never wonder where the good ones  went as they can continue to have any woman they want well into their 60s so long as they're living their best life.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm 32 and didn't have sex last year, or the year before, or...

After a while you don't think about it any more.
View Quote

Could be low T?

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Let me white knight for a second and just ask because I’ve never actually seen it explained. Why is the default position in this situation that it is the girl’s’ fault and not the top 5% that are sucking up everything that moves? Why not the same anger and vitriol for the top tier men greedily hogging everything for themselves? Both groups are ostensibly making the same rational biological choice given the situation. Yet only women have the delusional standards? Not fluent in all of the mgtow/incel arguments but this on seems to be only based on some shoddy dating app statistics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact is the other sex now has delusional standards and are in the harem of a top 5% male.

What's old is now new.

A civilized society cannot abide this. Post menopause women will be old,  poor, and miserable. Young males that can't get a girl become shiftless and dangerous: very dangerous.

It can't abide.

As a MGTOW, I'm doing my part to give the left what they desire: societal collapse. Every libtard should read "The Monkey's Paw".

Let me white knight for a second and just ask because I’ve never actually seen it explained. Why is the default position in this situation that it is the girl’s’ fault and not the top 5% that are sucking up everything that moves? Why not the same anger and vitriol for the top tier men greedily hogging everything for themselves? Both groups are ostensibly making the same rational biological choice given the situation. Yet only women have the delusional standards? Not fluent in all of the mgtow/incel arguments but this on seems to be only based on some shoddy dating app statistics.

Women choose when, where, and with who sex happens, anything outside of those parameters is called rape.

100% of women can't marry 5% of men; If women required a ring before sex the problem would solve itself naturally.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Women choose when, where, and with who sex happens, anything outside of those parameters is called rape.

100% of women can't marry 5% of men; If women required a ring before sex the problem would solve itself naturally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

Why not?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#26]
But I'll bet well over 50% have played video games and gave their buddies numerous blowjobs.

Soy boys, that's what they are.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote

There's not enough space in Colorado City!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Go Miners!!!

View Quote

Somebody tell Sig Ep it's Miners, not Minors...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why not?
View Quote
harems, harems everywhere.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:30:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

And women get vilified for making men wait, demanding marriage, etc. as well. Even you vilify a woman who seeks marriage.

No matter what actions a woman takes, some men will say it’s unfair or manipulative or awful. Holding women accountable for acting on market pressures without also holding accountable those individuals applying market pressures is hypocritical nonsense. Men (not all, certainly, but those casting a blind eye into how male behavior affects things and seeking to blame only women) want their cake and want to eat it too, partaking of all the benefits of any arrangement while simultaneously shirking any of ownership of consequences or responsibilities that go with it.

Being a cad used to come with consequences, just as being a slut used to. Now, those consequences are mostly gone. Until personal accountability returns (and yes, that’s personal accountability for men too), the consequences are here to stay.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And women get vilified for making men wait, demanding marriage, etc. as well. Even you vilify a woman who seeks marriage.

No matter what actions a woman takes, some men will say it’s unfair or manipulative or awful. Holding women accountable for acting on market pressures without also holding accountable those individuals applying market pressures is hypocritical nonsense. Men (not all, certainly, but those casting a blind eye into how male behavior affects things and seeking to blame only women) want their cake and want to eat it too, partaking of all the benefits of any arrangement while simultaneously shirking any of ownership of consequences or responsibilities that go with it.

Being a cad used to come with consequences, just as being a slut used to. Now, those consequences are mostly gone. Until personal accountability returns (and yes, that’s personal accountability for men too), the consequences are here to stay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

It was largely the leftie feminist types who de-regulated the sexual marketplace over the past few decades, NOT the PatriarchalTM Right-WingTM or "those backwards religious people" and "bible thumpers".
After they realized they'd gone too far, suddenly the left OVER-corrected and tried to bring Consent RulesTM back to campuses, and stretched definitions.
Now, in 2022, it's practically to the point where allegations of holding a woman's hand too long on a college campus can be a problem.

"Back in the day" IIRC if a young man hurt a young lady, didn't it get handled something like this:
Her Father and brothers basically dragged the guy out into the street, and used him as the town pinata until they felt satisfied.

Considering GD is largely a right-leaning space, and there's maaaaybe only 5-10 actual PlayersTM on the site, I think right or wrong, the "ARF-Taliban" would consider the above Halal.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 5:22:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go Miners!!!

I projectile vomited in the Sig Ep House at Rolla at a  St. Pat's Board function.

I also punched the shit out of a guy who ran out a door and hit into me, and then my friend stole his soccer ball.

Good times!

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I projectile vomited in the Sig Ep House at Rolla at a  St. Pat's Board function.

I also punched the shit out of a guy who ran out a door and hit into me, and then my friend stole his soccer ball.

Good times!

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

Show me a post where I vilify any woman seeking marriage.  I'll wait.

I could not care less what you and all these other Merkinz do: I've checked out of society as a high contributor.

You can S.I.G.N. language me all you want, it won't make anything I've said less true, and it WON'T stop what's coming.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That’s a ton of INCELs. Men are enrolling in college at record lol numbers. So it should be a target rich environment for the few men on campus.
View Quote

Now do a poll on married men.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It was largely the leftie feminist types who de-regulated the sexual marketplace over the past few decades, NOT the PatriarchalTM Right-WingTM or "those backwards religious people" and "bible thumpers".
After they realized they'd gone too far, suddenly the left OVER-corrected and tried to bring Consent RulesTM back to campuses, and stretched definitions.
Now, in 2022, it's practically to the point where allegations of holding a woman's hand too long on a college campus can be a problem.

"Back in the day" IIRC if a young man hurt a young lady, didn't it get handled something like this:
Her Father and brothers basically dragged the guy out into the street, and used him as the town pinata until they felt satisfied.

Considering GD is largely a right-leaning space, and there's maaaaybe only 5-10 actual PlayersTM on the site, I think right or wrong, the "ARF-Taliban" would consider the above Halal.
View Quote

That sort of retribution largely depended on the class levels and individuals involved. Guy taking advantage of someone of a lower class? Nothing like that happened. Men of the family absent or nonconfrontational? Nothing like that happened.

But if a man got a reputation as a cad among his peers? Marriage prospects dropped to nil. He was left with single mothers and/or sluts. No respectable family would want anything to do with him unless he was rolling in dough, and even then it was a limited selection. Often, he was unwelcome at social gatherings too. That social shunning is largely absent today. Men don’t really hold each other accountable. Bros before hoes and all that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I could not care less what you and all these other Merkinz do: I've checked out of society as a high contributor.

You can S.I.G.N. language me all you want, it won't make anything I've said less true, and it WON'T stop what's coming.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

You’ve denigrated the entire institution of marriage and stated it is nothing but a net negative and a trap for men. If that is the case, the women seeking such an arrangement must be bad actors.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 12:53:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You’ve denigrated the entire institution of marriage and stated it is nothing but a net negative and a trap for men. If that is the case, the women seeking such an arrangement must be bad actors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

When did I ever say such a thing?

You're confusing me with someone else.

I've checked out of society.

I don't buy new vehicles.

I wear the same clothes as a 70s truck driver.

I've worked less than 2 weeks in the last 6 months.

I'm not interested in starting any businesses or contributing to current society in any way.

I'm just waiting for the rapture.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not interested in starting any businesses or contributing to current society in any way.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

But again what are you saying here? It's all the wymyn feminist fault and the men getting their wiener sat on where unwitting participants? If women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of a relationships, if guys really actually wanted this traditional model as many here imply why freely take as much sex and not put a ring on it first? It really takes two to tango.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good times!

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:13:55 PM EDT
[#42]
80/20 is real, yo.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 3:19:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's old is now new.

It can't abide.

Uh... thank you for your service?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:35:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

But again what are you saying here? It's all the wymyn feminist fault and the men getting their wiener sat on where unwitting participants? If women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of a relationships, if guys really actually wanted this traditional model as many here imply why freely take as much sex and not put a ring on it first? It really takes two to tango.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, I don't think you've seen some of my other posts in GD about this kind of thing - and that's fine, I'm just some guy
But this was a strawman post and I'm in a sour mood this morning, I'm going to be throwing back across the plate with the same zip on the ball.

This post is a pathetic "muh both sides" post that's substitued thought for feels, and it's meant to defend mm'lady's honor and obfuscate reality.

It's all the wymyn feminist fault and the men getting their wiener sat on where unwitting participants?

We live in a time where tranny-bathrooms were national issue.
Trans-women in women's sports happened, and no one supported it.
The far left of team blue (and their causes and special victim castes) get national attention, even if they're .01% of the electorate.

Gun owners are ~40% of the nation, and pro-gun ideas get whispered in public.
The overton window is sooooooooooo far to the left, that we have a "beauty at any size" movement, an idea so silly it should have died immediately and been considered poisonous and unserious.

The left (and 3rd wave "Frustrationists" (feminists) de-regulated the sexual marketplace. That's a tough thing to argue otherwise, if you'd like a woman's opinion and not some guy with a witcher avatar because he's a member of the wrong tribe even if he says the same things - go find Christina Hoff Sommers on this one.
Schools are run by women, for girls.
Sorry.

Throughout history as a trend, women have 1 offspring. For men, it's 2 or none.
Not all men get mating rights, never have.
Very few men actually get to sleep around - whether they're truly that handsome/successful that women are okay with them one night only (like say a Chris Hemsworth or a famous athlete) or they use fraud and deception.

To blame all men on a thing very few men will do is stupid.
Dramatically more women sleep with players than there are men who ARE players, or men who want to be them.
Attachment Attached File

At some point women are accountable for their own behavior, it's easier to FIRST blame all things on men and in 2022 we do that (and young boys are a mess because of it)
- but the thing our society basically has tried very hard to avoid doing?
(in public, not on ARF/GD, a male space, and one of the last few places you have free speech on -
Hard accountability for women.
It's the one thing we really haven't done.

If women are the gatekeepers of sex and men are the gatekeepers of a relationships,

That's not an 'if', it's the truth.

if guys really actually wanted this traditional model as many here imply

They do.
Again, very few guys are actually players.

The traditional model is pretty darn popular with a much larger # men than players in society.
In my coastal region where I see players, I see city-culture, hookup culture, a ton of sleep-around-feminists - it's not the men who don't want the traditional model.
It's largely women who want to Try Their OptionsTM[/sup[ to 30-35, panic when she realizes they were never what she thought they were, and reach back into her friendzone to the male friend who would have married her at 22.
That's shockingly common here in this coastal hellhole.

why freely take as much sex and not put a ring on it first?

If women were largely virgins and you had to put a ring on it and go through the gates of meeting the parents etc to do any of that - for me personally I wouldn't be bothered or upset by that at all.
But that's not the world we live in right now - it was the world we ONCE lived in.

For a guy that's 19 on a college campus now, he's wondering if the girl (that he wants to date, but only wants a Situationship[sup]TM
) changes her mind and revokes consent to holding her hand 2 minutes in, if he's getting kicked off campus.

Personally I think the sexual market place needs to be re-regulated by society, I'm all in favor of slowing everything right the fuck down, and using a lot of things on the table (all social attitudes, nothing legislatively) to do that.

Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Another study where people are likely to lie. Considering people are more likely to lie and say lots of sex then a whole lot must be not having sex. Modern culture is really good at taking the fun out of life.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Another study where people are likely to lie. Considering people are more likely to lie and say lots of sex then a whole lot must be not having sex. Modern culture is really good at taking the fun out of life.
View Quote

You think the OP actually cited a study to support his claim?
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You think the OP actually cited a study to support his claim?
View Quote

https://www.businessinsider.com/736-of-all-statistics-are-made-up-2010-2
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That sort of retribution largely depended on the class levels and individuals involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That sort of retribution largely depended on the class levels and individuals involved.

That's a good point.
As we see with the woke social-caste-system enforced on us, bluecheckmarks can call for violence on the peon class and nothing happens.
Shame. And people think the humans of 2022 are somehow TOOOOOOOOOOTALLY different from years past in all ways.

Guy taking advantage of someone of a lower class? Nothing like that happened. Men of the family absent or nonconfrontational? Nothing like that happened.

In olden times, "might makes right" (one of nature's oldest and sometimes cruelest rules) could absolutely creep out and make an appearance.
It's not hard at all to imagine an unpopular prince being smacked by a very disagreeable blacksmith.
Where there consequences? There likely were.
Would the high-testosterone "hold my ale and watch this" sex do it anyway? Sure fucking would.

But if a man got a reputation as a cad among his peers? Marriage prospects dropped to nil.

I'm fine with this returning.
I upset a friend of mine very recently because she's dealing with a player and I gave a teaspoon of honesty about it (I got quiet on the phone. That is it. srs.)

I would not condone a child of mine in the future marrying one.

He was left with single mothers and/or sluts. No respectable family would want anything to do with him unless he was rolling in dough, and even then it was a limited selection.
Often, he was unwelcome at social gatherings too. That social shunning is largely absent today. Men don’t really hold each other accountable. Bros before hoes and all that.

Reputation destruction is largely a female space thing - for men, we aren't that sophisticated.
From the safety of the web I can say this:
- I think player culture is sad.

I think women are okay with a ONS for a man dramatically over their SMV (If Chris Hemsworth appeared, and offered most women one night, live and in concert? They'd take it and basically fuckin everybody would understand).
I think many others add to partner counts using fraud and deception, lies of omission if you will.
"Where is this going?" And then being nebulous about answers.
IME very few guys (at least in the under 35 age bracket where "I had my kids and don't want more" is not yet a major factor) walk into a date stating UP FRONT that "this is not going anywhere" and she still sleeps with him.
Very few.

I know for me.
At some point around my late 20s I'd realized a few of the women I'd talked to (but not slept with) out of curiosity, actually liked me a bit.
They did want to date me, and at that time I didn't even realize it.
Why would I think they liked me that much? Please, in some ways I'm ridiculous?
That idea kinda didn't occur to me.

It's a weird thing to realize a woman does like you, wants to pursue things, but you're dropping her because you're not interested in her like that - and you know she's not the girl you'd marry, and from the moment go.
In those cases, if I were just a liiiiittle nebulous on my answers about what I wanted and where things were going, because she was attracted to me, I absolutely could have slept with them.
Instead I let them down.
They got over it of course please I'm just some guy but.
Just seeing what the rejection does to a woman (and again IMHO women aren't built/conditioned for rejection the way men are), I lost my stomach for it completely.
I have the verbal tools to engage in the verbal sleights of hand needed to amp up a partner count, but.
I can't do it.
Ieally can't.

Because I have the verbal tools, because I had some opportunities to add to a partner count (and the older I got the more opportunities I've had to do it), it's made me kind of mad with player culture.
Once that woman is attracted, interested, and batting her eyes - you need a few smart-ass/vague answers at the right times, and it can be done.
It is my personal opinion, that many who engage in player culture, DO use fraud and deception to accomplish it.

Chris-Hemsworth tier guys with great jobs, fame, helicopters, 1% body types and handsome faces?
IMHO a different category. If women are practically throwing their underwear at you every day, different thing
For the very mortal guys who lets say, have a normal 6figure job in a high COL area, have abs-ish, have a cool non-Bentley car?
There's a little bit of trickery going on often times.

But here's the thing though.
While that's a small pool of guys? A good chunk of that small pool are usually pretty disagreeable and aggressive.
Some of them, physically imposing.
Someone who can trade-people easily, who just does not value anyone else as much as they value themselves, has a track record of "unstable" relationships/can't keep them, who does not take responsibility for their mistakes and "Blame deflects" onto other people - that tracks strongly with narcissism.
Narcissistic rage is an ugly, ugly thing to see.
Worse in a physically powerful body.

In female spaces reputation destruction is strong because the physical tools aren't there.
In male spaces, if you get in another guy's space and start saying his sleeping around is pathetic? You've probably got to be prepared to throw down physically.
There are physical consequences for throwing that fastball too close or tagging him with it.

If there's physical parity that fight is costly.
Due to the legal landscape, that could spell loss of gun rights.

Doing it in public (And not behind a keyboard like I'm doing now) is basically risking war with another nuclear power, in the physical sense.
Doesn't mean it can't be done, doesn't mean society shouldn't turn the clock back a liiiiiiiiiitle bit on sexual regulation?
But for men being direct about it has physical consequences.
It's a complicated mess of a picture
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:45:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm encountering a problem in business that the more I think about it, the more I think it relates to the current dating market.  Since roughly January my customers have increased their orders significantly, for all product lines.  These order increases have outpaced their ability to consume, so if the supply base was 100% on time to the scheduled orders, the customers would have billions of dollars of cash tied up in inventory that they absolutely, 100% do not need - regardless of demand for their product - simply because there isn't enough labor available to increase capacities across the board to support the pace of orders.

In the meantime they at some level recognize that this is happening and through back channels inform their suppliers about which orders are actually needed in the short term, and instruct them to essentially back burner the excess orders until they become the priority.

So, they are saying they want one thing, but their actions show us they really value something else.

The effect of this is significant. Suppliers are buying all the available materials; driving the prices up, all the labor driving prices up, while tying up such significant and traditionally unusual amounts of their cash in inventories, work in process and accounts receivable.

Which forces them to continually raise prices.

You can argue that this is just how the market works and evidence that it's working properly and I would agree with that, with one exception. It's all based on a lie.  The demand isn't real.  So if these businesses would stop ordering more than they can possibly consume in production of their product, i.e. reconcile the difference between what they say they want with what they actually need prices would stabilize as well as everything else.

I see this happening in the dating market.  Men and women both think they want one thing, but act in a way that isn't congruent.  Men want to sleep with many women and early in the relationship but don't want to commit to a woman that meets those terms.  Women say they want men who are committed and involved and make those men wait while they act on their urge to win the lottery of men by sleeping with every top 5% male they can.

And this artificially drives up the "price" or, really value, of what they really need while also devaluing  what they have to offer.

Now in business, there's a market force that will correct this.  It's called running the fuck out of money.  It can be painful for the entire economy, but it can be extremely painful for individual organizations as they're risking death by bankruptcy.

I'm morbidly curious what a dating market correction will look like, particularly because I'm "retired."
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#50]
This day and age I can't really blame them.

You have the entire world of porn at your fingertips, highly advanced male sex toys.

Virtual reality.

Or some chick who votes Democrat and reminds you how horrible men are every second she gets, and once she finds out you voted for Trump she "literally can't even" and will dump you and tell people you were abusive.

That being said I have a good conservative wife, so conservative she makes me look like a Democrat hippy.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top