Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Illinois checking in with another 6 mile hike. We had four guys all carrying 45lbs and one woman who did 35lbs for the first 3 miles. That data is actually a just a bit short, as I forgot to start my watch until we were a couple minutes in. One of the other members has a more accurate track.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Illinois checking in with another 6 mile hike. We had four guys all carrying 45lbs and one woman who did 35lbs for the first 3 miles. That data is actually a just a bit short, as I forgot to start my watch until we were a couple minutes in. One of the other members has a more accurate track.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/461668/bb6mile2_jpg-1287212.JPG
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Ben

Just to keep things official.

Illinois Battle Boys 3rd Class Qual 1st 6 mile hike
Date: 2/15/20
Locale: Springboork Prairie Naperville Il
Dist: 6 miles
Time:1:50:39
Avg Spd 3.3
45 pound or heavier pack (weighted on scale in front of each other)
Members that made the qual hike:
Slarti
SleepingBirdDog
TheRadBaron
Redbirdxx
View Quote
@Ben

Illinois Battle Boys 3rd Class Qual 2nd 6 mile hike
Date: 2/22/20
Hike location: Allerton park in Monticello Il.
Distance: 6.32 mile hike 2: RedbirdXX and TheRadBaron 45 lbs
Time: 1:58.35

We had 2 people (300Blackout and GreenDragon both hiked carried 45lbs) that also did the 6.32  mile hike but have not done the provisional hike yet.  Does this hike have to count as 3 provisional and then 3 regular (as going to the total of 18 miles cumulative hiking distance for 3rd class?) or can it count as a regular 6 mile hike?  They're asking because they think they can get some other guys together to go on a 3 mile hike to cover the provisional.

Last but not least.  GreenDragon's wife did 3 miles with 35lbs.  I assume that somehow we're keeping track of folks that are not yet on arfcom...if not, then how do we incorporate folks that are not on Arfcom...

EDIT: Pic from the hike.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I use an ALICE pack with external frame, and with belt and shoulder straps from a MOLLE rucksack, called a Hellcat.  There is a thread somewhere in the tactical gear or outdoor forum on how to build them.

ETA external blog post here https://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.com/2011/04/building-hellcat-hybrid-ruck-from-us.html
View Quote

I'm building that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm building that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use an ALICE pack with external frame, and with belt and shoulder straps from a MOLLE rucksack, called a Hellcat.  There is a thread somewhere in the tactical gear or outdoor forum on how to build them.

ETA external blog post here https://libertytreeblogs.blogspot.com/2011/04/building-hellcat-hybrid-ruck-from-us.html

I'm building that.
I've got money (more than cost of materials) for someone who wants to build me that.

Is this thread supposed to be for tracking ruck "credit"?  HRBB did a 6 mile/2 hour ruck today, but not recorded with any kind of app (suggestions? would prefer not to have to make a damn account)
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 1:54:34 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have an LG phone, LG health allows step tracking, along with activity. I input that I wanted a walking tracker and it turns on GPS and will tell you distance, time, pace and provides a map of where you went. It doesn't provide trails information like alltrails but it does what I need it to.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:55:28 AM EDT
[#7]
We had our Pinellas County, FL hike yesterday, full AAR here

Attendees

Fo Do Junior!

Surprise!

On the march

Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm building that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm building that.
For me, the video is less confusing....

Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm building that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm building that.
If you build one, I strongly suggest using a large ALICE pack instead of medium.  It has tremendous room, plus you can attach MOLLE pouches on the sides. That's what I did, and it's a massive amount of space.

I also got fastex buckles for the two straps that hold the top flap onto the ruck so they can be unsnapped at the bottom to flip the flap back and get into the main ruck compartment.  A tailor cut the straps and resewed them for $20.

I also recommend making a flat square foam pad, wrapping it in green military duct tape, and mounting it to this crossbar I circled so it's not digging into your spine

Yes, it's a lot of effort, but now it's a VERY durable rucksack that is very comfortable, for less than the price of a less-durable Kelty or Osprey, with lots of exterior pockets instead of having to open the main rucksack compartment every time you need something, as with most civilian packs.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#10]
6 of us hiked in Charlotte yesterday, 6 miles in 1:39. Full writeup here courtesy of @qualityhardware. Great meeting everyone!
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:03:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@Ben

Illinois Battle Boys 3rd Class Qual 2nd 6 mile hike
Date: 2/22/20
Hike location: Allerton park in Monticello Il.
Distance: 6.32 mile hike 2: RedbirdXX and TheRadBaron 45 lbs
Time: 1:58.35

We had 2 people (300Blackout and GreenDragon both hiked carried 45lbs) that also did the 6.32  mile hike but have not done the provisional hike yet.  Does this hike have to count as 3 provisional and then 3 regular (as going to the total of 18 miles cumulative hiking distance for 3rd class?) or can it count as a regular 6 mile hike?  They're asking because they think they can get some other guys together to go on a 3 mile hike to cover the provisional.

Last but not least.  GreenDragon's wife did 3 miles with 35lbs.  I assume that somehow we're keeping track of folks that are not yet on arfcom...if not, then how do we incorporate folks that are not on Arfcom...

EDIT: Pic from the hike.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/148350/hike_jpg-1287335-1287560.jpg
View Quote
All the milage 3 miles or over for a hike counts towards the 18 miles if the weight requirements are met.

So three 6 mile hikes is still an option, as long as you have 35lbs plus rifle or 45lbs sans rifle, after the initial 3 miles.

Qualifying provisionally before starting the road towards 3rd class is not required. A first hike that is to the 3rd class standards exceeds the provisional requirements and would automatically qualify them for provisional while also counting towards 3rd class.

The real purpose of provisional ratings is to build extra options for people who want to participate but are unsure of their ability to complete 6 miles to the 3rd class standard initially.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got money (more than cost of materials) for someone who wants to build me that.

Is this thread supposed to be for tracking ruck "credit"?  HRBB did a 6 mile/2 hour ruck today, but not recorded with any kind of app (suggestions? would prefer not to have to make a damn account)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm building that.

If it is a known distance no tracking app is required. Just a timer. Reporting the hike here certainly assists with tracking, but it can also be recorded locally and then as an individual completes a rating reported for record. Technically we don't have a standard process yet for local chapters to report to higher for record purposes- they just need to be able to provide evidence/records for when an individual wants to attend an event or training that requires having reached a certain rating.

The purpose of that is to screen folks to make sure they won't be a hazard to themselves or others if participating in higher than average risk training or events.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a question about the weight prescription:

I understand why the prescription specifically says "dry weight" ie if you count a full 3L camelbak for your 35 lbs and then drink all of it, you only finish with a 28.5 lb ruck.

I have a 2 qt that I never drink out of. It has almost always been on my ruck because a) being on the packing list (sometimes) and b) as a counterbalance for the awkwardly placed weight of my E-tool. In both cases, it has always served the exact same purpose as a 2 kg bag of sand. I would also rig my camelback up to the top of my ruck, one way or another, and I never ran out of water.

Obviously, the camelbak, when I start using it again, doesn't count. Can I count the 2 qt? Should I go to York Barbell and get a 2 kg plate? Is this a silly question?
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I understand why the prescription specifically says "dry weight" ie if you count a full 3L camelbak for your 35 lbs and then drink all of it, you only finish with a 28.5 lb ruck.

I have a 2 qt that I never drink out of. It has almost always been on my ruck because a) being on the packing list (sometimes) and b) as a counterbalance for the awkwardly placed weight of my E-tool. In both cases, it has always served the exact same purpose as a 2 kg bag of sand. I would also rig my camelback up to the top of my ruck, one way or another, and I never ran out of water.

Obviously, the camelbak, when I start using it again, doesn't count. Can I count the 2 qt? Should I go to York Barbell and get a 2 kg plate? Is this a silly question?
View Quote
If you add water specifically to provide weight, I am fine with that- provided you have a separate water source.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#15]
This is a good cheap quantum of ruck-the plastic is a lot heavier duty than bagged cement.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Vigoro-0-5-cu-ft-Bagged-Pond-Pebbles-54249V/100550970
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:02:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you build one, I strongly suggest using a large ALICE pack instead of medium.  It has tremendous room, plus you can attach MOLLE pouches on the sides. That's what I did, and it's a massive amount of space.

I also got fastex buckles for the two straps that hold the top flap onto the ruck so they can be unsnapped at the bottom to flip the flap back and get into the main ruck compartment.  A tailor cut the straps and resewed them for $20.

I also recommend making a flat square foam pad, wrapping it in green military duct tape, and mounting it to this crossbar I circled so it's not digging into your spine

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31480/LgHCback-1287941.jpg

Yes, it's a lot of effort, but now it's a VERY durable rucksack that is very comfortable, for less than the price of a less-durable Kelty or Osprey, with lots of exterior pockets instead of having to open the main rucksack compartment every time you need something, as with most civilian packs.
View Quote
About half of my lifetime ruck mileage was done with ALICE rucks, most of that with a large. I have a medium now. I usually found that the only reason I needed a large was because of frequently being issued a packing list that was completely fucking asinine, and included a bunch of shit I didn't need, solely for the purpose of making even the cavernous MOLLE II ruck look full for photo ops and also be extra heavy. Medium rucks have webbing all the way around the top you can mount ALICE, MOLLE or even 1910 (LMAO) pouches to. I make use of this space in different ways, depending on what I'm doing.

It may be that I've just gotten lucky, but I've never had the issue of the cross piece in the middle of the frame digging into my back. Or, maybe I never noticed.

I also know about the fastex trick. I didn't have the right size buckles for that until after the hike yesterday. They are on my ruck now. I didn't sew the ends, I just melted them. I attached the female buckles to the bottom sliders with ~12" pieces of 1" nylon webbing and tri-glides. I also have straps on the bottom that are made with ~1yd long pieces of 1.25" nylon webbing with fastex buckles and triglides. You can see those in the picture. They are for a sleeping bag. I think I over built all of this, and will probably replace everything above with 1" polypro webbing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those are super cool.  For me they are just too short to get any weight on my hips.  However...  they are so cool I always want to try it again.  Just to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
If you throw a bag of 1,000 rounds of 556 in your ruck with another 10lbs, you’ll have 35#!!! That’s what I did.  It’s simple to hit the weight requirements.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you throw a bag of 1,000 rounds of 556 in your ruck with another 10lbs, you’ll have 35#!!! That’s what I did.  It’s simple to hit the weight requirements.
View Quote
I had 800 rounds of 223, 2 AR500 steel plates, 2 rolled up towels, extra pair of socks, and gloves. Came out to 46 lbs with the pack itself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you add water specifically to provide weight, I am fine with that- provided you have a separate water source.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I did yesterday, I had a 30lbs weight and a gallon of water to add another 8lbs -- water that I did not drink on the hike.  I used disposable bottles of water to drink on the march, 2 in each cargo pocket.

Gallon jugs are pretty good weight.  Lowes and Home Depot sell 45lb bags of rock salt for $8.  There's also sandbags.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:18:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I would humbly recommend having some of the peripheral elements take a few modules on ICS.  They used to be free through FEMA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:26:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I would humbly recommend having some of the peripheral elements take a few modules on ICS.  They used to be free through FEMA.
View Quote
They still are, they just reorganized everything. The site is down for maintenance today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
What are modules on ICS?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What are modules on ICS?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are modules on ICS?
https://training.fema.gov/nims/
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:21:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Qualifying provisionally before starting the road towards 3rd class is not required. A first hike that is to the 3rd class standards exceeds the provisional requirements and would automatically qualify them for provisional while also counting towards 3rd class.

The real purpose of provisional ratings is to build extra options for people who want to participate but are unsure of their ability to complete 6 miles to the 3rd class standard initially.
View Quote
That's pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm building that.
View Quote
I just ordered one of THESE to try out on my next hike. ALICE medium pack mounted to a MOLLE II frame/strap/belt.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just ordered one of THESE to try out on my next hike. ALICE medium pack mounted to a MOLLE II frame/strap/belt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm building that.
@Miami_JBT has a MOLLE ruck/frame/etc., maybe he can advise how to set it up best.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Emerald Coast Battle Buddies checking in (Florida Panhandle)

2/22/20   Hike.  thread here. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Florida-Battle-Buddy-Panhandle-hike-on-2-22-19/10-640974/

3 mile provisional.  4 Total miles made.

6 Members Total. Everyone made time for Provisional.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Find a slim Alice hip pad and strap it between the two outter frames. It keeps your back off the cross bar.

No offense on bold...but that isnt exactly true these days. The days of sausage stuffing an internal framed pack are kinda over.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A good mod to the ALICE is using a USMC FILBE frame.

https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/7/713664_ts.jpg

https://www.thunderheadoutfitters.com/sites/thunderhead/files/styles/uc_product_full/public/HybridPack05.jpg?itok=tff4lda9

The waist strap is the same between the FILBE and MOLLE 2. Not sure if the shoulder straps are the same. My experience is with the MOLLE 2 and ALICE only.
View Quote
I hike with the FILBE frame.

I'd like to try a Mystery Ranch, I've heard great things, but they are NOT cheap
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Compared to simply buying a surplus pack with FILBE frame, what’s the cost savings for putting your own together?

I’ve got a few packs, some are pretty good, but now I’m trying to set up three people entirely.  These packs are interesting
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Neat, I'd never heard of the FILBE rucksacks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#35]
@Ben

Quick question- will participants who choose to do the Navy PT test be required to meet standards on weight/height or just score satisfactory on the physical tests themselves?

Thanks for any clarification.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@Ben

Quick question- will participants who choose to do the Navy PT test be required to meet standards on weight/height or just score satisfactory on the physical tests themselves?

Thanks for any clarification.
View Quote
Just score.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Perfect, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'd like to try a Mystery Ranch, I've heard great things, but they are NOT cheap
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A good mod to the ALICE is using a USMC FILBE frame.

https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/7/713664_ts.jpg

https://www.thunderheadoutfitters.com/sites/thunderhead/files/styles/uc_product_full/public/HybridPack05.jpg?itok=tff4lda9

The waist strap is the same between the FILBE and MOLLE 2. Not sure if the shoulder straps are the same. My experience is with the MOLLE 2 and ALICE only.

They aren't cheap, but they are awesome.

I am using one of their older NICE frames with the MR Load Sling.  I have 40lbs of Ruck Plates stuck in a cheap 15" Laptop Bag, which is tightly strapped in the sling.  The 30lb plate fits the laptop compartment exactly, the 10lb plate fits the small pocket exactly.  It is a compact load that doesn't shift at all. I keep a bottle of drink in the insulated pouch, the other pouch has a water filter and a blaze orange rainproof  packcover in it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:02:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there like an official boogaloo/shtf QRF type packing list for a ruck?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is there like an official boogaloo/shtf QRF type packing list for a ruck?
View Quote
It would depend entirely on your activity and goals.  Typically you'd want personal equipment and sustainment items like spare clothes, wet/cold weather gear, shelter, water/water purification and food.  You'll need whatever tactical equipment and gear the mission requires.  You'll want first aid/trauma supplies, etc.

Here is a basic packing list for a PLDC type course for NCOs:

If you use military gear, your pack will get heavy fast.

Here is a list of gear carried by a woman who thru-hiked the entire Adirondack Trail. She carries 3-4 days worth of food and refills in towns along the way.  Her packweight is 26lbs before food/water.  Her total carried load is ~40 lbs.

If you use modern, civilian outdoor gear you can get your packweight very low and still live comfortable. That means you have more weight to spare for your Hawaiian shirts, nightvision, krab, nut coal, or whatever else you need to tote that is boogaloo specific.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I am using one of their older NICE frames with the MR Load Sling.  I have 40lbs of Ruck Plates stuck in a cheap 15" Laptop Bag, which is tightly strapped in the sling.  The 30lb plate fits the laptop compartment exactly, the 10lb plate fits the small pocket exactly.  It is a compact load that doesn't shift at all. I keep a bottle of drink in the insulated pouch, the other pouch has a water filter and a blaze orange rainproof  packcover in it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194418_jpg-1290051.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194514_jpg-1290053.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194440_jpg-1290055.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194841_jpg-1290061.JPG
View Quote
@verticalgain

Tell me about those extended risers / pack loaders on the NICE frame?
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It would depend entirely on your activity and goals.  Typically you'd want personal equipment and sustainment items like spare clothes, wet/cold weather gear, shelter, water/water purification and food.  You'll need whatever tactical equipment and gear the mission requires.  You'll want first aid/trauma supplies, etc.

https://212xer2b32i62d5br9bdl3jf-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/b1_2547.gif

Here is a list of gear carried by a woman who thru-hiked the entire Adirondack Trail. She carries 3-4 days worth of food and refills in towns along the way.  Her packweight is 26lbs before food/water.  Her total carried load is ~40 lbs.

If you use modern, civilian outdoor gear you can get your packweight very low and still live comfortable. That means you have more weight to spare for your Hawaiian shirts, nightvision, krab, nut coal, or whatever else you need to tote that is boogaloo specific.
View Quote
LOL LOL LOL...I'm triggered.

If anyone was wondering what I meant by needing a large ALICE instead of a medium ALICE because of packing lists that are completely fucking asinine, this post contains a half decent example of such a packing list.

Also...

LMAO "PLDC"...OK BOOMER!!!

J/k J/k, I went when it was still called "WLC".

I have a ENO double nest, straps, a rain fly, a dozen tent stakes, 4 empty sand bags, a poncho, ~30 ft of 550, a small roll of 1" gorilla tape, 2 chem lights, a camo compac, a head lamp, a compass, a gerber, a E-tool, A 2qt with two bottles of tablets in the pouch, and a 8 oz spray bottle of 40% deet. In a wet weather bag I have: a woobie, a pillow, 2 pairs of socks, a wool beanie, waterproof parka and pants (Bass Pro Shop substitutes for Gortex Parka and Pants) and a hygene kit that is complete enough to use on a vacation. Oh, and strapped on by my sleeping bag straps, a redundant sleeping pad in case I can't find a place to hang the ENO. All of this in a medium ruck weighs around 26 lbs. with the 2 qt. empty and no food. When I fill up the 2 qt and add a Thermos food jar full of monster mash that gets me to just over 35 lbs.

This ruck is also my emergency bag for my car, and it's basic packing reflects this. I would pack it very differently if I were doing any sort of combat operations. Pack what you need. If you aren't sure what you need, pack what you think you need and go camping for 3 days. If you didn't use it, you probably don't need it. If there is something that you realize "aww fuuuuuuuuuck, I shoulda brought...", then you might actually need that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@verticalgain

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194418_jpg-1290051.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194514_jpg-1290053.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194440_jpg-1290055.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/58051/20200224_194841_jpg-1290061.JPG
@verticalgain

It was a factory option back when I ordered it, I think it was called a "frame extension."  It may still be available.  I have an older Osprey with load lifter straps and knew what a difference they can make, so I ordered mine with the extension.  They have rectangular carbon fiber stays in them like the frame itself does.

Here is a stock photo where the extension is a different color that illustrates the idea better than my all-brown pack does. The extension in this picture is OD green:

Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://212xer2b32i62d5br9bdl3jf-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/b1_2547.gif

View Quote
OOF. PLDC lol . That brings me back lol.

Just wondering if there was an offical (but not really) Boog load out. Since this event is kind of sort of styled militaryish I figured they might have a min packing list. Loading mine up with a ponch liner, poncho, 550 cord and tons of pogey bait.

Shit, I still have my issued Y harness with buttpack
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#47]
There maybe a way around slinging a rifle, sling a spotting scope mounted to a rifle stock still have to mount a sling Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just wondering if there was an offical (but not really) Boog load out. Since this event is kind of sort of styled militaryish I figured they might have a min packing list. Loading mine up with a ponch liner, poncho, 550 cord and tons of pogey bait.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Woodland 4 Life lol.

The marches are for fitness and camaraderie so weight is weight.  People loaded packs with barbells, hammers, water jugs, sandbags, anything heavy.  The hikes are about getting into shape and meeting in person.  Then you can plan things like overnight excursions/gear shakedown camps locally.

I was skeptical at first but I am fully on board with the program now, and encourage anyone on the fence to meet up with or start a local group.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:35:53 AM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are modules on ICS?
https://training.fema.gov/nims/
If I can manage to find time around my normal day job, I'm supposed to be starting this for work.  Emergency management is a "oh, you also have to do this" afterthought for us.  Once I was voluntold for the program and saw what it's like, I'm fucking astounded that this isn't a full-time job for most of the responders.  Or at the least a dedicated rotation where you do nothing else while training.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:04:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If I can manage to find time around my normal day job, I'm supposed to be starting this for work.  Emergency management is a "oh, you also have to do this" afterthought for us.  Once I was voluntold for the program and saw what it's like, I'm fucking astounded that this isn't a full-time job for most of the responders.  Or at the least a dedicated rotation where you do nothing else while training.
View Quote
100, 200, 700, and 800 were the basic ones that we had to take as line firefighters and company officers*.  The rest are for chiefs and other large incident managers.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top