Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I keep this one from noco in my truck. I love being able to charge it from the USB port in my truck so I don't have to remember to vary it inside to top off.

Amazon Product
  • Compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 1,000 amps (7,000 joules3s) - up to 20 jump starts on a single charge
  • An ultra-safe and mistake-proof design with spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection, which allow it to safely connect to any battery
  • An ultra-bright 100 lumen LED flashlight with 7 light modes, including SOS and emergency strobe

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a NoCo Boost HD.  

It has been a nice tool in the box.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Had a couple smaller ones that were not always capable, replaced them with a jnc770 should have gotten it or a 660 in the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Audew here.

Works like a charm.  Biggest one 2000A, 20000mAh.

Also charges my phone in a pinch (like in the boat).
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Which Car Jump Starter Is Best? Let's find out! NOCO GB40 vs Duracell vs Audew

tl;dw Audew is what you seek.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I got Noco GB50. It even spun over my stroker motor with 11:1 compression
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

View Quote

Was going to post this video, great resource.

I too bought the audew, has worked every time I needed it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#8]
NOCO GB80s in each vehicle. They're small, hold a charge forever, and can crank anything. (<- Well, anything _I_ have. ;) )
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Had a couple smaller ones that were not always capable, replaced them with a jnc770 should have gotten it or a 660 in the beginning.
View Quote

I agree with you completely.   There's plenty of room in a vehicle for a JNC660, no reason not to carry something much more reliable.  

I carry an antigravity on the bike with a permanent wiring harness installed.  But for a truck...I want a full size jump pack.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The battery in my vehicle is not accessible to attach jumper cables...

Anyone have a jump box they can recommend?

One of my Marines said NOCO boost X, was a good one.

TIA

View Quote

Sounds like an Equinox. Read your owners manual, their is a hot post on top of the fuse box.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

-20F is an extreme case.
View Quote

Yeah, well that's why people buy them. I have a NOCO GB40, at minus 10 it would not start a 90's Suburban. Good ol cables to the rescue. Always have cables.

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly.

This thing will jump start my Peterbilt.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly.

This thing will jump start my Peterbilt.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/69748/PXL_20211008_152835600_jpg-2281056.JPG
View Quote

Damn...800 bucks.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#14]
NOCO

I have 2, one in my truck and one in the wife’s.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
A jump box is not going to solve the issue of your battery terminals being inaccessible, because they use clamps just like jumper cables.

Check your manual for jump points.

The wife’s Honda Pilot takes some disassembly to access the battery terminals. It takes even more disassembly to access the jump point
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Anti Gravity
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:25:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I use to be a tech so i always had one and my last one is still going after 5 or so years. Its one of the old school ones that just had a battery inside so it can be taken apart and replaced should the need ever arise. It won't be jumpstarting a completely dead fullsize diesel but its started plenty of gas v8's and smaller

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:51:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Have a Halo Bolt in every regularly driven vehicle we have.

Christmas week took my F350 with 6.7 diesel to fuel up and it failed to start when done. Thought no way will it jump this off, but it started right up.

They also hold their charge for years.

HALO-Bolt-Compact-Portable-Starter
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:07:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
JNC660

It won't fit in your glove box, but this is what most tow truck drivers carry.
View Quote

It works well
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a HF that I bought a few years ago, and it works well.
Charge it up the first of every month and it's ready to go.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8A2nIMUWA

View Quote

That video is over 2 years old. They've done several newer videos since then.

Three months ago:
Best Jump Starter? DieHard, Schumacher, DeWalt, Michelin, Stanley, CAT

Products Tested In This Video (in no particular order):
Costway (GoPlus)
CAT
DeWalt
Michelin
Stanley
Stanley Fatmax
Schumacher
ZunDian
DieHard
Potek

One year ago:
Best Car Jump Starter? NOCO GB70 vs Antigravity, Schumacher, Gooloo, Tacklife. Let's find out!

NOCO GB70
GOOLOO 4000A
GOOLOO 2000A
Schumacher DSR ProSeries DSR128
Autowit
Imazing
Antigravity XP-1
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I do and it works
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

TIA

View Quote
Read your damn owners manual and find the remote + and - terminals.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

TIA

View Quote
In regards to your vehicle, you may consider running some wire and putting in some remote Jump terminals.  Maybe even see if Anderson Power Poles has Quick connectors rated high enough for Starting Amperage.

I used to go to a lot of Car Shows and aside from folks showing off their Stereos, Video Screens, neons, strobes and air bags, many of them had shaved doors with remote door poppers that work great,  if the battery is not dead or too low to function.

Several guys I know ended up using the remote terminals to get enough juice to get the doors popped or to jump the car.  
I'd recommend using 0/1 or larger from the primary batt to the terminals.

Also at those shows, because of the electrical goodies mentioned above, when it was time to roll out, there was always that guy with a dead bat.  
I usually kept a good eye on my ride and battery conditions, but I figured one day it was bound to happen to me too..

Not wanting to be that guy, I always kept a jump box from Walmart in my truck during shows. I'd charge it every other month or after a usage.
Seemed like every other show I was giving someone's batt a jump.  

Also, I everyone else can do as they want, but I will not jump off of my vehicle.  

I usually buy one of the bigger jump boxes for like 100-150.00 that also has a small compressor and an Aux DC outlet you can run a Cell Car Charger on or something else with low amp draw.

Also, I usually take one camping and or off roading. I normally get a good 6-7 years out of them, then replace it..

I've never regretted buying one.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I keep this one from noco in my truck. I love being able to charge it from the USB port in my truck so I don't have to remember to vary it inside to top off.

www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKUPIC
View Quote
I like that, I'm going to do some research, that may be my new jump box, its getting about that time.

Having used many and messed with a lot of DC/Batteries, I just have a hard time believing you can get that many jumps out of 1 charge.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Some of the jump starters, battery chargers, and battery maintainers will come with both jumper cables and ring/eyelet terminals with some type of connecter. The ring/eyelet terminals allow one to attach them to the battery posts in an inconvenient/inaccessible spot, then run the wire out to where one can access it. Then one just attaches the connectors together and away they go to jumpstart or charge/maintain the battery.

For example one from NOCO:
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GC002-Eyelet-Terminal-Connector/dp/B004LWQ35Y

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81iSVLoemtL._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question, OP, if you can't access your battery to attach jumper cables, then how would you use any of the suggest jump starter boxes?  Don't they all require clamping down on the two battery terminals?

Some of the jump starters, battery chargers, and battery maintainers will come with both jumper cables and ring/eyelet terminals with some type of connecter. The ring/eyelet terminals allow one to attach them to the battery posts in an inconvenient/inaccessible spot, then run the wire out to where one can access it. Then one just attaches the connectors together and away they go to jumpstart or charge/maintain the battery.

For example one from NOCO:
https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GC002-Eyelet-Terminal-Connector/dp/B004LWQ35Y

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81iSVLoemtL._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend getting some type of extension like pictured there.  Using CLA will not jump a vehicle and would take forever to charge.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use to be a tech so i always had one and my last one is still going after 5 or so years. Its one of the old school ones that just had a battery inside so it can be taken apart and replaced should the need ever arise. It won't be jumpstarting a completely dead fullsize diesel but its started plenty of gas v8's and smaller

https://img.vehicleservicepros.com/files/base/cygnus/vspc/image/2008/03/highperformingjumpstarters_10101118.png?auto=format&fit=max&w=1200
View Quote

That's a JNC660...only red.  Nice choice!
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Read your damn owners manual and find the remote + and - terminals.
View Quote
This.

The lithium jump packs are great, we use them everyday at work, but you still have to pop the hood and hook them to your jump start posts. They aren't going to solve your battery location problem, but the factory likely already has, unless you are driving something that you relocated the battery in without installing proper jumpstart posts.

So.... what kind of car?

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:15:26 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve used my tack life many times and it is great.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, well that's why people buy them. I have a NOCO GB40, at minus 10 it would not start a 90's Suburban. Good ol cables to the rescue. Always have cables.

View Quote

Not quite.   If you live in that temperature environment either garage your vehicle and or use an engine and battery heater.  Plus the jump starter should go inside with you at night.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Noco works for me juuuust faaahhhhn.

H
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#32]
i have one of those topvision 2200(?)
you can catch them on amazon occasionally for $70.
The first one i ordered would only hold a charge for about 3 days.
I contacted the mfg and sent a video, replaced two days later.
Been in the trunk for 1 yr and still shows 95%. Ive got two jumps off of a charge, im sure it would
do more if needed.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Three months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAgL2L4ILY
Costway (GoPlus)
CAT
DeWalt
Michelin
Stanley
Stanley Fatmax
Schumacher
ZunDian
DieHard
Potek

One year ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixWPx79g3yk
NOCO GB70
GOOLOO 4000A
GOOLOO 2000A
Autowit
Imazing
Antigravity XP-1
View Quote

The GooLoo 4000 did very well in that test.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

TIA

View Quote

I have the NOCO Boost X and have used it multiple times. I love it. It has a carry case for the unit and usb charging cord. The actual jumper cables are detachable, but they don't fit in the case. That's the only negative so far. NOCO is big in battery chargers for boats, so I was confident in them for this application as well.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

TIA

View Quote

NOCO is what I have. GTG.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Noco is the best.  Did you look to see if you have jump points in an accessable location?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I need to pick up a small one to jump start a 4 stroke sled. Small and reliable in cold temps would be my top priorities. Will check out the recommendations mentioned, appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Another vote for the Gooloo 4000.  I have one, got my inlaws thr Gooloo 2000, and I have the Antigravity XP10.  The Gooloo is leaps and bounds more powerful than the Antigravity.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a harbor freight that didn't last long enough. Shocking, I know. I was looking at the Odyssey packs to replace it if Harbor Freight can't help me fix my unit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not quite.   If you live in that temperature environment either garage your vehicle and or use an engine and battery heater.  Plus the jump starter should go inside with you at night.
View Quote

Does a lot of good in the parking lot at work.

Out hunting.

You like to argue don't ya?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 10:57:38 PM EDT
[#41]
NOCO Boost+ Works great. Just make sure you keep it charged.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Does a lot of good in the parking lot at work.

Out hunting.

You like to argue don't ya?
View Quote

Actually I bring common sense to questionable arguments.

If your car battery does not make it in those conditions maybe you need a new battery.  Or stay home.

It should be common sense to take a battery jump pack inside overnight.  Battery "capacity/output" drops significantly in very cold temperatures.

You might also consider hand warmer type devices and a blanket or similar heat retention system over the battery.

You can take these suggestions as possible helpful hints or just resort to "You like to argue" comments.   Either way I am not impacted negatively.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:22:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
NOCO gb40’s in all the vehicles. Work good. One VERY nice feature is you have the option to bypass the protections so if you have a dead flat battery you can still jump it. Lots of jump boxes require 2-3’volts on the system for it to work.  

They go on sale on Amazon fairly often for decent prices.
View Quote

All of this….
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I have  a Noco, not sure which on. Impressive.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:06:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
JNC660

It won't fit in your glove box, but this is what most tow truck drivers carry.
View Quote

Received this one as a gift and it’s already paid for itself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Microstart anti-gravity XP10.

Noco is the hipoint of jump packs, Microstart is HK.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't see how it could be any worse than your car battery baking under the hood of your car/truck when it's 100* outside every day. Interiors do get hotter than exteriors, but I would think it would be ok under a seat or something as long as it's not exposed to direct sunlight.

I will say that those things work better than jumper cables, and you can charge usb electronics with them as well.
eta I have the Anker Roav one.. doesn't have a fancy led display but works well and it small.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stoopid question but is there any danger to storing one of those long term in a vehicle?  Like a fire danger, battery leakage, etc?  I carry jumper cables in my 4Runner but I gotta admit those things seem pretty cool and are small enough to easily be stored in a vehicle.

I don't see how it could be any worse than your car battery baking under the hood of your car/truck when it's 100* outside every day. Interiors do get hotter than exteriors, but I would think it would be ok under a seat or something as long as it's not exposed to direct sunlight.

I will say that those things work better than jumper cables, and you can charge usb electronics with them as well.
eta I have the Anker Roav one.. doesn't have a fancy led display but works well and it small.

Your car battery is not lithium, and it's cooler under the hood of your car than inside it.  I don't know the answer to the question, but a large lithium battery hitting 150 inside a hot car does worry me a bit.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAgL2L4ILY
Costway (GoPlus)
CAT
DeWalt
Michelin
Stanley
Stanley Fatmax
Schumacher
ZunDian
DieHard
Potek

One year ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixWPx79g3yk
NOCO GB70
GOOLOO 4000A
GOOLOO 2000A
Autowit
Imazing
Antigravity XP-1

Yes it did.
Gooloo 4000A did the best on the bench test peak amps at 619. The Gooloo 2000A landed in the middle at 490.
And in watt hours the Gooloo 4000A again did the best at 67.1. The Gooloo 2000A came just under the middle of the pack at 45.9.
Reviewer said he'd definitely buy the Imazing or Gooloo 2000A, which ever one was less expensive.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:05:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Microstart anti-gravity XP10.

Noco is the hipoint of jump packs, Microstart is HK.

View Quote

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the only thing the Antigravity does well is look good in a small package.  It's not nearly as powerful as it's competition.  I keep my XP10 in my motorcycle backpack just in case, but it has failed to start my ATV.  The Gooloo on the other hand, I've used to start a number of SUVs, pickups, and that blasted ATV.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top