Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 25
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I once emailed MI inquiring about buying a roll pin for my ERS. Seth at MI replied within 12 hrs. asking for my mailing info. I thought, "cool, he's gonna send me a roll pin!"

No, he sent me a brand new ERS, a $105 BUIS. Even refused my offer in a subsequent email to send them the old ERS with the hinky pin.

Just saying there are plenty of vendors out there with quality products and incredible customer service who seemingly don't employ statist assholes who'd just as soon shoot you in the back as look at you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see the adults in the room didn't listen to the whining of petulant children.  Good for Troy.   They will have a solid training staff with LE support after thw GWOT winds down.
View Quote

The commissar will be pleased with your loyalty comrade.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 8:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glad to see the adults in the room didn't listen to the whining of petulant children.  Good for Troy.   They will have a solid training staff with LE support after thw GWOT winds down.
View Quote

They're pretty much the only ones who can "train" in MA anyways.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, when Fed is a big boy they might let him train with them. Maybe if he is lucky they will let him hold the baby.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy Cluster-Poop.

There is no excuse for hiring trash.
Link Posted: 8/23/2013 10:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Piers Morgan is still on the air, Since the gun debate i haven't tuned in once. I am waiting for the day he goes away.

Troy ind. will never be in my home ever!!!!!!!!  They will stick around i'm sure.

But neither will do so on my time or my dime.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 12:51:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Bravo Sir!

Quoted:
Troy Industries.

Troy was the city invaded by the Trojans, right?  They sent in the 'Trojan horse' and made the place famous.

Troy industries...an ironic name.  

Either they want to invite the pain onto themselves and hire these guys, who worked to destroy our society from within, or they are simply star-fuckers who hoped that a famous name would be bring them accolades?

I'm torn on the irony of this all.

Because, Trojans are also famous condoms.

Either way, Troy is fucked.

Jim Zumbo is laughing and keeping his mouth shut all at the same time.

TRG
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:06:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's hoping LE and mil folks who need training go elsewhere and this turns out to be the worst decision Troy ever made  

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Troy is really making it hard on their dealers with this.

My shop is tactical nothing else. Have a fair amount of Troy in stock, rifles, sights, mags, rails.

Not ordering anymore is an option I have. But items in stock I still need to sell from a business standpoint.

I do understand that Troy has the right to hire whoever they want. Just like the consumer has the right not to buy their products if they disapprove of a companies policy.

Dumb move on Troy's part no matter what their spin is. It's hurting more people than just Troy. From distributors on down the supply chain to your local gun shop.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Daniel Defense, here I come
View Quote

Good shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 3:42:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

[insertCoCviolationresponsehere]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I have a Noveske NSR on the way instead of the Alpha I wanted, but Im wondering about the Samson sights. Anyone using them or having any negative/positive experience with them?

This bothers me, that Alpha rail with the integrated FUFS was the berries IMO.

ETA Not really crazy about the MI rear sight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I have a Noveske NSR on the way instead of the Alpha I wanted, but Im wondering about the Samson sights. Anyone using them or having any negative/positive experience with them?

View Quote

I have a couple of sets of Diamondhead sights.  I do like them.  Not as much as my Troys but they are nice.  Here is one of my Rainier branded Diamondheads:

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

How about the KAC sights?

I picked a set up off the EE to replace my Magpul sights, and I'm really liking them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Troy Industries.

Troy was the city invaded by the Trojans, right?  They sent in the 'Trojan horse' and made the place famous.

Troy industries...an ironic name.  

Either they want to invite the pain onto themselves and hire these guys, who worked to destroy our society from within, or they are simply star-fuckers who hoped that a famous name would be bring them accolades?

I'm torn on the irony of this all.

Because, Trojans are also famous condoms.

Either way, Troy is fucked.

Jim Zumbo is laughing and keeping his mouth shut all at the same time.

TRG
View Quote

Yep. Troy's hubris brought them down because they thought their walls couldn't be breached.  It will be really interesting to see if this isn't a case where ignorance of history brings on a repeat.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#17]
So....

Anyone interested in compiling a list of companies that resell or private label Troy parts?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Troy is really making it hard on their dealers with this.

My shop is tactical nothing else. Have a fair amount of Troy in stock, rifles, sights, mags, rails.

Not ordering anymore is an option I have. But items in stock I still need to sell from a business standpoint.

I do understand that Troy has the right to hire whoever they want. Just like the consumer has the right not to buy their products if they disapprove of a companies policy.

Dumb move on Troy's part no matter what their spin is. It's hurting more people than just Troy. From distributors on down the supply chain to your local gun shop.

View Quote

Not really a problem as you have already paid Troy for your inventory. The simple solution is to simply not order anything else from them.

A real shame. They make some good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So....

Anyone interested in compiling a list of companies that resell or private label Troy parts?
View Quote

Get to it, pal.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:11:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So....

View Quote

I wouldn't go that far. I'll just not plan to purchase rebranded Troy products. No reason to penalize other companies for one's political stance.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go that far. I'll just not plan to purchase rebranded Troy products. No reason to penalize other companies for one's political stance.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So....

I don't agree. If purchasing an M&P or Ruger with a rail on it puts money in Troy's pocket that is still a problem. When Zumbo needed to be slapped down we didn't just go after his employer.

As far as rebranded or OEM uses of Troy stuff goes, my line in the sand has been crossed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#22]
A few hours ago I posted a message on Troy's facebook page regarding their hiring of Jodi Weis.  Their response ?  Delete without publicly responding.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I don't agree. If purchasing an M&P or Ruger with a rail on it puts money in Troy's pocket that is still a problem. When Zumbo needed to be slapped down we didn't just go after his employer.

As far as rebranded or OEM uses of Troy stuff goes, my line in the sand has been crossed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So....

I agree with this.  Some people may say this is turning on our own, but I see it as needing to protect our own.  Our strength is in numbers.  If we dont have any solidarity with the industry we'd probably be flailing in the wind right now with new firearms laws up to our necks.  Having them united and on our side is key.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:35:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A few hours ago I posted a message on Troy's facebook page regarding their hiring of Jodi Weis.  Their response ?  Delete without publicly responding.
View Quote

Weis has been dealt with, although at this point hes probably still on staff.  Monroe is the one to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So that troy sight on my noveske I've had for years?  Its meeting mr sledge when I'm home.
View Quote

Sell it, they see no profit from that sale and you make a gain therefore disposing of your "problem" and receiving a positive outcome.  

Breaking things cuz they made us mad is a step in the wrong direction.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sell it, they see no profit from that sale and you make a gain therefore disposing of your "problem" and receiving a positive outcome.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that troy sight on my noveske I've had for years?  Its meeting mr sledge when I'm home.

Exactly

I just put on a front fixed sight on. It's a troy and I am very disappointed in their choice of employees to say the least. Why would I destroy or throw away something I have already paid for?

Will I buy their products again? Not a chance, but I am not cutting off the nose to spite the face either.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#27]
People did the same thing with S&W back in the 90s. Swore they'd never even buy a used Smith. That's just dumb.

Nothing wrong with buying secondhand. The company has already made their money.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. It's way more than just making us mad. They kicked us in the balls. HARD. They fucked us over in the worst possible way, especially in the current political anti-gun climate.

By selling or trading Troy products still keeps the name and product in circulation. The message needs to be sent Lima FUCKING Charlie: You don't trample roughshod on the gun community, turn a blind eye, try to cover it up, and then expect everything to be peachy keen by the next business day.

I'm in the industry and I had a bad business deal with them several years ago. I saw right through their business practices then, and when they fucked me around and I swore that I would never do business with them or support them over that debacle. The only good thing that came out of that fiasco was that I found Samson Manufacturing because of it, and I never looked back.

There are MANY other honorable and faithful companies at our disposal that we can deal with in confidence.

SUPER_SIX_ONE sledge away. Chalk it up to a loss and replace your Troy kit with kit from companies that truly care about us and the gun community at large.

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s240.photobucket.com/user/ZX2_R/media/TroyLogo_White_vertical.png.html" target="_blank">http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/ZX2_R/TroyLogo_White_vertical.png</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:21:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone else expect companies to start dropping Troy products in the future?

I think it will be inevitable if they continue to ignore this situation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Im thinking this is one of these situations where Steve Troy feels that backing up on this issue will be like waffling and he is better standing his ground.

I say holding his ground will sink his business.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Does anyone else expect companies to start dropping Troy products in the future?

View Quote

Hopefully Larue will drop them and create their own folding BUIS.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope LaRue, BCM, & Noveske all give Troy the boot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Not gonna read 20 pages, did Troy respond?

Link Posted: 8/24/2013 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not gonna read 20 pages, did Troy respond?

View Quote

Boy howdy, did they.

Apparently Weis wasn't brave enough for them, and when the public expressed outrage, Troy checked into his background and realized Weis would sooner run away than shoot an unarmed woman and her baby. Since that is not up the standard Troy's training division has set, they terminated him immediately.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple of threads were started in the LT industry forum... the usually suspects shot it down, and most of the posters weren't following this thread, and lack all the info.

Getting other manufacturers to drop Troy products is likely not to happen. There are enough posters who still fail to see the issue with Troys decision.

I won't be purchasing Troy products ever again, that includes re-branded products also.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#38]
This was on another site.

Guy starts defending Troy...

I wonder how Dale Monroe or Jody Weis affect how Troy Industries products work..... my stuff works just fine and I don't feel the need to get out the pitchforks or round up the lynch mob. I could jump on the bandwagon but I refuse to join into the hype, I am a gun owner and proud of it, I am able to purchase whatever products I choose to. Do I support Troy Industries....YES, do I have an opinion on what is going on....YES but I thought this forum was about people coming together to talk about their love of guns and who are passionate about their INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. I think that we are here to offer up good knowledge, support and information about GUNS, HARDWARE and GUNS again. I doubt any single one of you on here are perfect myself included. We all have our crosses to bear, I have no personal agenda to sway people one way or another. I am normally quiet and I just stay below the radar, but I feel we need to get back to the REAL reason why we are ALL here, to talk about GUNS and SHOOTING THEM not sitting in the basement and stroking them. I want each and everyone of you that is able to go to the range this weekend, dig out that safe queen and SHOOT IT. Have a good time at the range. It is very easy to hide behind the keyboard and fire shots at people, we all know that it is true. For those that know me personally, this is very rare that do more than read on this forum. I am not pointing fingers, I am simply asking for all of to remember why we joined this site. Be cause we are NORTH EAST SHOOTERS?
View Quote

Suspicions are raised over his boot licking and obvious misunderstanding of the second amendment.

He gets called out for being Troy employee and posts this:

Not Steve Troy and no I don't wear Jack Boots to work I wear sneakers. Let's leave it at that. I have a position that I enjoy and I may take a lot of heat for it but now everyone knows where I work. Please don't PM me with hate messages. Thank you. I chose to work for Troy and am not afraid to admit it.
View Quote

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/219442-looks-like-troy-industries-might-have-stepped.html
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#39]
What's the prevailing sentiment on most other shooting boards? There's a smaller thread on TOS in which most posters don't seem terribly happy with Troy.

I'm curious if the discussion is limited mostly to NES and AR-centric forums, or if it has attracted the attention of the general shooting community's eye of Sauron.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What's the prevailing sentiment on most other shooting boards? There's a smaller thread on TOS in which most posters don't seem terribly happy with Troy.

I'm curious if the discussion is limited mostly to NES and AR-centric forums, or if it has attracted the attention of the general shooting community's eye of Sauron.
View Quote

I didn't know TOS had their version of GD, I guess I need to look again. There are a couple other gun forums I go to, not as often as here and there isn't any mention of this. But then again, they are not really AR centric either.

What are they saying on TOS?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Suspicions are raised over his boot licking and obvious misunderstanding of the second amendment.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/219442-looks-like-troy-industries-might-have-stepped.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wonder how Dale Monroe or Jody Weis affect how Troy Industries products work..... my stuff works just fine and I don't feel the need to get out the pitchforks or round up the lynch mob. I could jump on the bandwagon but I refuse to join into the hype, I am a gun owner and proud of it, I am able to purchase whatever products I choose to. Do I support Troy Industries....YES, do I have an opinion on what is going on....YES but I thought this forum was about people coming together to talk about their love of guns and who are passionate about their INDIVIDUAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. I think that we are here to offer up good knowledge, support and information about GUNS, HARDWARE and GUNS again. I doubt any single one of you on here are perfect myself included. We all have our crosses to bear, I have no personal agenda to sway people one way or another. I am normally quiet and I just stay below the radar, but I feel we need to get back to the REAL reason why we are ALL here, to talk about GUNS and SHOOTING THEM not sitting in the basement and stroking them. I want each and everyone of you that is able to go to the range this weekend, dig out that safe queen and SHOOT IT. Have a good time at the range. It is very easy to hide behind the keyboard and fire shots at people, we all know that it is true. For those that know me personally, this is very rare that do more than read on this forum. I am not pointing fingers, I am simply asking for all of to remember why we joined this site. Be cause we are NORTH EAST SHOOTERS?

Not Steve Troy and no I don't wear Jack Boots to work I wear sneakers. Let's leave it at that. I have a position that I enjoy and I may take a lot of heat for it but now everyone knows where I work. Please don't PM me with hate messages. Thank you. I chose to work for Troy and am not afraid to admit it.

What are their names on arfcom?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

We all know what you are. Men are talking here---you'd do well to shut your mouth.

I expected this from Troy since the first day this story broke. Continual doubling-down and insults to every law-abiding gun owner...well Troy, I sincerely hope that you go out of business. You will never see a penny of my money and I will be educating as many people as I can about you collaborating with the enemy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Wow, how did I miss this one?
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I really find it hard to understand how Troy Industries doesn't seem to get the revulsion amongst their customer base over employing those two shitbirds.  Well, the civilian market anyway.

Now that parts are becoming available I've been making plans to put together a rifle or two myself. Troy sights and FF tubes were on the top of the list.

Not now, not ever, since they refuse to even acknowledge they've stepped on their dick with this shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#45]
The level of stupidity exhibited by Troy in the past week has been nothing short of astounding. This is a powerful lesson in what NOT to do when you really screw up...of course, what's troubling is that Troy sees no issue with what they are doing, and they are insistent on telling their customers just how stupid they think their customers are. What a fantastic business model.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:53:31 AM EDT
[#46]
I posted this in the thread in the industry section, and feel it needs to be repeated here.

That whole fiasco is a very dark spot on the relationship between We the People and the government. You have a family that feared an intrusive government that moved far out into a rural area to stay as far off the grid as possible get attacked by the very government they feared would be coming to get them.

And for what?

A QUARTER OF A FUCKING INCH ON THE LENGTH OF A SHOTGUN BARREL.

Think about that for a minute. The thickness of 2 quarters held together. They ambushed his son and dog, got one of their own killed, shot him and his friend, and killed his wife while holding her baby in her arms.

OVER 1/4 OF AN INCH.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 3:54:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Nothing will come of this.

There are other ways to destroy an enemy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2013 5:13:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I really find it hard to understand how Troy Industries doesn't seem to get the revulsion amongst their customer base over employing those two shitbirds.

View Quote

They get it, they just don't give a shit.

Link Posted: 8/25/2013 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I posted this in the thread in the industry section, and feel it needs to be repeated here.

That whole fiasco is a very dark spot on the relationship between We the People and the government. You have a family that feared an intrusive government that moved far out into a rural area to stay as far off the grid as possible get attacked by the very government they feared would be coming to get them.

And for what?

A QUARTER OF A FUCKING INCH ON THE LENGTH OF A SHOTGUN BARREL.

Think about that for a minute. The thickness of 2 quarters held together. They ambushed his son and dog, got one of their own killed, shot him and his friend, and killed his wife while holding her baby in her arms.

OVER 1/4 OF AN INCH.
View Quote

Mr. Troy has chosen to side with those who would do the same thing to Him and his family if ordered to.... but that would be ok with him, because they were just following orders in a fluid situation
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top