Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:55:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait until all the snowbirds come to our state for the general election….  Sigh…..
That’s why we can’t have nice things….  
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Poll watching is not "meh".  It is very important.  In a legit court, if there are any left in this country, a poll watcher has legal standing.  And in a legit court, they find out the truth.  That said.........

I just got off my feet for the first time since 5 am this morning.  Left the house at 5a, started at 6a, opened at 7a, closed at 7p, got home at 9p.  Long day.  Sworn election worker.  I operate election machines.  Ballot generators and tabulators.  That is what I do.  I know this shit.  I sign legal documents as "election judge".

My point is that I know this stuff from the inside out.  And thank you for stepping up.  Most people here don't clean their guns, don't go to parent/teacher conferences, don't change the oil in their lawn mowers, and they sure as hell don't volunteer to work elections.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you need to know is that there are many instances where poll watchers were not permitted to do their job.  That is illegal.  In criminal law that is called intent.
Poll watching is meh, poll working is where it's at. I get paid, and more importantly I can't be thrown out if I see something being done that's not kosher, and if I complain about something being done wrong people actually take me seriously.

In fact I just got off the phone with a journalist regarding the Maricopa marker smearing issue, I was able to walk her through the problems and articulate the issues (and be taken seriously) precisely because I've done this in different jurisdictions.

Poll watching is not "meh".  It is very important.  In a legit court, if there are any left in this country, a poll watcher has legal standing.  And in a legit court, they find out the truth.  That said.........

I just got off my feet for the first time since 5 am this morning.  Left the house at 5a, started at 6a, opened at 7a, closed at 7p, got home at 9p.  Long day.  Sworn election worker.  I operate election machines.  Ballot generators and tabulators.  That is what I do.  I know this shit.  I sign legal documents as "election judge".

My point is that I know this stuff from the inside out.  And thank you for stepping up.  Most people here don't clean their guns, don't go to parent/teacher conferences, don't change the oil in their lawn mowers, and they sure as hell don't volunteer to work elections.

@xciapup and everyone else out there on the ground getting into the system:

THANK YOU.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just wait until all the snowbirds come to our state for the general election .  Sigh ..
That's why we can't have nice things .  
View Quote

Unless they're residents they can't vote here. And if they're residents, they already voted in the primary?
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
She won it was just announced
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just wait until all the snowbirds come to our state for the general election .  Sigh ..
View Quote
Weren't those the ballots they were waiting to count?

I am more concerned about RINOs voting for Hobbs.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Has the opponent conceded and the vote counting stopped?

Here's to hoping it sticks!
View Quote

I think this one is in the books…

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Clear repudiation of Trump. The GOP has moved on. MSNBC told me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this one is in the books

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/9F7DA76F-CD22-46DB-929C-75380CC7920B_jpe-2477372.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/BFDEA24C-834A-456A-8998-BAA2C4FAEA34_png-2477373.JPG
Russian Collusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:01:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Unless they're residents they can't vote here. And if they're residents, they already voted in the primary?
View Quote

Many have dual residency, they have Arizona driver licenses and are registered to vote here.
That’s how we got the astronaut, and why we couldn’t get rid of McCain.
Wouldn’t doubt they also do absentee voting in their other state too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#10]
She needs to wear the election denier badge with honor and make it a top priority to clean up the process.  Everyone but cheaters want cleaner elections.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this one is in the books…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/9F7DA76F-CD22-46DB-929C-75380CC7920B_jpe-2477372.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/BFDEA24C-834A-456A-8998-BAA2C4FAEA34_png-2477373.JPG

So now we get to see if TPTB decided to pull another round like the did in 2020 or not.

Or like how nikki fried stole her office in florida in order to screw over CCW license holders.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:04:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, the Trump Endorsement clearly carries SO much weight...

... in a state that Trump lost.

Bigger_Hammer

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:04:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

So now we get to see if TPTB decided to pull another round like the did in 2020 or not.

Or like how nikki fried stole her office in florida in order to screw over CCW license holders.
View Quote

Naw, I think they’ll let this one go and save their powder for the general election.
Honestly, with the money Robson had to throw at this election, I think she might have faired better in the general against Hobbs.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Naw, I think they’ll let this one go and save their powder for the general election.
Honestly, with the money Robson had to throw at this election, I think she might have faired better in the general against Hobbs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right, and I hope the other states look at this and they decide it's not worth it to try and subvert their elections, and repub voters get out and vote like it's the end of the world if they don't.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All you need to know is that there are many instances where poll watchers were not permitted to do their job.  That is illegal.  In criminal law that is called intent.
Poll watching is meh, poll working is where it's at. I get paid, and more importantly I can't be thrown out if I see something being done that's not kosher, and if I complain about something being done wrong people actually take me seriously.

In fact I just got off the phone with a journalist regarding the Maricopa marker smearing issue, I was able to walk her through the problems and articulate the issues (and be taken seriously) precisely because I've done this in different jurisdictions.

I was an election marshal for this one, here I basically do the same thing on election day as you it sounds like.

Thank you for stepping up as well. My point is IMO there's been overall too much talk on the right about being a watcher, and not enough on being a worker. A watcher would never have been able to see what I saw, precisely because they're mostly not allowed to get that close to the operation.

I just did 12 days here at a vote center, we only had the tabulators on ED though. Tuesday I was up at 430 to be at the site at 530 for a 6am opening, we closed at 7pm and after breakdown and hand-carrying the results (Along with another worker of a different political affiliation) to the drop off location and returning, I was home around 10pm.

Everyone I've ever worked a poll with has been amazing, and I can't really recommend it enough. It's long hours at times, but tremendously rewarding.

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you're talking about Arizona, there aren't 20 counties in AZ, there's 15 total.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't the article say it happened in 20 counties?

Also, all those people bailed from the election office jobs because of shenanigans. It was a poorly run operation before and after all of the shit broke loose. Whether that was intentional...well...people love to hide behind their 'incompetence'...

Hobbs was tied up in all kinds of shady shit for 2020.

If you're talking about Arizona, there aren't 20 counties in AZ, there's 15 total.

K.

Then that's obviously wrong. In a normal world.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Congrats Arizona! Let's hope she stomps the commiecrat in November!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Good!
She 'Bigger Hammered' Robson!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote
Maybe Trump really didn't lose Arizona?

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll take it one further. Maybe Trump didn't lose California.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Many of the previous posters here.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/image-74.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hearing that Lake has won every county in Arizona.

Many of the previous posters here.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/image-74.jpg

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 11:59:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I visited that hellscape before the 2020 election, I was shocked at the sheer number of trump signs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Weird, all of a sudden the sulfurous smell in this thread dissipated.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
They opened the doors. The vote tally delay seemed odd.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:10:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The RINO election denier is losing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the issue?

The RINO election denier is losing.

and you where wrong

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Local news channels covering other more important news now.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was an election marshal for this one, here I basically do the same thing on election day as you it sounds like.

Thank you for stepping up as well. My point is IMO there's been overall too much talk on the right about being a watcher, and not enough on being a worker. A watcher would never have been able to see what I saw, precisely because they're mostly not allowed to get that close to the operation.

I just did 12 days here at a vote center, we only had the tabulators on ED though. Tuesday I was up at 430 to be at the site at 530 for a 6am opening, we closed at 7pm and after breakdown and hand-carrying the results (Along with another worker of a different political affiliation) to the drop off location and returning, I was home around 10pm.

Everyone I've ever worked a poll with has been amazing, and I can't really recommend it enough. It's long hours at times, but tremendously rewarding.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/02785F79-69CF-475D-BB42-763ECF163400-2477384.jpg

View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bigger_Hammer

Of course he didn't. And he can win a third time in 2024.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good!
She 'Bigger Hammered' Robson!!!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:25:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Without a doubt it will happen
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:44:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Certainly possible.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:49:34 AM EDT
[#33]

Time to plant more signs
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 12:57:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I find it interesting that several of them appeared within one minute of each other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I find it interesting that several of them appeared within one minute of each other.
View Quote
Thread Shitters they are!
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:02:31 AM EDT
[#36]
This is going to be “Won the battle but lost the War” come NOV. I will vote straight Republican straight down. Think what you want but we are in deep shit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Only saving grace is AZ State Senate will stay in Republican
Control…so there is some positive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This is going to be “Won the battle but lost the War” come NOV. I will vote straight Republican straight down. Think what you want but we are in deep shit.
View Quote

Oh grow a pair, get out there and convince some people and make sure they vote.

Or don’t concern troll. Either way, stop hand wringing
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:24:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Good, the gamble candidate won. Hopefully she pays off.

Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:26:11 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

I hate those little "RINO" signs. They did, of course, belong next to Rusty's campaign signs, though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:31:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And if you look at the total dem vs rep votes, Lake will trounce that Hobbs commie bitch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every county in the state!

And if you look at the total dem vs rep votes, Lake will trounce that Hobbs commie bitch.

One thing you need to remember about Arizona is that those registered Independent (any party but R, D, or Lib) get to choose what party ballot they want to vote for the primary. So you may have an IND who leans left, but was convinced to get an R ballot just to pick the candidate that Dems want to run against. Come the General Election, that same IND may vote D. No idea how many votes that may be, but can certainly happen for several hundred if not thousands through out the state. Pretty much anymore AZ is about 1/3 R, 1/3 D, and 1/3 IND.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

One thing you need to remember about Arizona is that those registered Independent (any party but R, D, or Lib) get to choose what party ballot they want to vote for the primary. So you may have an IND who leans left, but was convinced to get an R ballot just to pick the candidate that Dems want to run against. Come the General Election, that same IND may vote D. No idea how many votes that may be, but can certainly happen for several hundred if not thousands through out the state. Pretty much anymore AZ is about 1/3 R, 1/3 D, and 1/3 IND.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reminiscent of "Operation Chaos."
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:46:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I hate those little "RINO" signs. They did, of course, belong next to Rusty's campaign signs, though.
View Quote

Those were The Patriot Party's doing. Actually brilliant but not a GOP or a Kari Lake plan.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214740/02785F79-69CF-475D-BB42-763ECF163400-2477384.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to see others here are actually getting out to work the polls and see how it goes in person. Myself I was an Inspector which in Maricopa County means the one who was in charge of that voting location. Been doing that position now for the last 3 election cycles. Really learn a lot of the In's and Out's of how the In Person voting goes and the redundancies in place to ensure accurate counts. For example the Election Day Tabulator will print 2 copies of all the results it calculated on a long thermal paper receipt. Just think a really long grocery store receipt. One copy goes in a special bag along with the memory card that is removed from the tabulator. Second copy is placed in a duffle bag in to which all of the physical paper ballots are placed by poll workers. Bag is sealed as are the bags. Then sent with a transport team of opposite party workers to a county collection site. If an audit is done of that voting site, should not be too hard to figure out where the discrepancies are.

In Maricopa County, these tabulators are only used on Election Day. If you go in person to an Early Voting location, not much different than doing a mail in except that you will log in electronically and have your ID verified by a poll worker. Your ballot will still end up in a sealed envelope to be opened later at the central hub where it will be tabulated.

As far as any smearing on ballots, what I noticed is it was only a problem if the voter really went heavy when filling in the bubbles and left excess ink on the ballot that did not have time to properly dry. The solution that we did was to essentially "Spoil" that ballot and issue the voter a fresh one and make sure it was dry before going in to the tabulator. That seemed to resolve the few smearing challenges we had at my location.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:54:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just thought I would add a link to the latest Voter Registration numbers

https://azsos.gov/about-office/media-center/press-releases/1382
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:57:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This is going to be "Won the battle but lost the War" come NOV. I will vote straight Republican straight down. Think what you want but we are in deep shit.
View Quote
You're not making any sense.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 1:58:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just thought I would add a link to the latest Voter Registration numbers

https://azsos.gov/about-office/media-center/press-releases/1382
View Quote

Good stuff, thanks. I just hope that they all see Hobbs as either a feckless leader or complicit in the election issues of 2020 and 2022 in AZ - basically a partizan hack.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Almost like it was a job or something
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 2:41:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Glad to see others here are actually getting out to work the polls and see how it goes in person. Myself I was an Inspector which in Maricopa County means the one who was in charge of that voting location. Been doing that position now for the last 3 election cycles. Really learn a lot of the In's and Out's of how the In Person voting goes and the redundancies in place to ensure accurate counts. For example the Election Day Tabulator will print 2 copies of all the results it calculated on a long thermal paper receipt. Just think a really long grocery store receipt. One copy goes in a special bag along with the memory card that is removed from the tabulator. Second copy is placed in a duffle bag in to which all of the physical paper ballots are placed by poll workers. Bag is sealed as are the bags. Then sent with a transport team of opposite party workers to a county collection site. If an audit is done of that voting site, should not be too hard to figure out where the discrepancies are.

In Maricopa County, these tabulators are only used on Election Day. If you go in person to an Early Voting location, not much different than doing a mail in except that you will log in electronically and have your ID verified by a poll worker. Your ballot will still end up in a sealed envelope to be opened later at the central hub where it will be tabulated.

As far as any smearing on ballots, what I noticed is it was only a problem if the voter really went heavy when filling in the bubbles and left excess ink on the ballot that did not have time to properly dry. The solution that we did was to essentially "Spoil" that ballot and issue the voter a fresh one and make sure it was dry before going in to the tabulator. That seemed to resolve the few smearing challenges we had at my location.
View Quote
We were in a heavy Republican area skewed towards retired/elderly, I'm wondering if that had anything to do with our issues. It was legit probably 15% significant smearing, enough were those ballots misread in some manner and needed to be to tried 2-5 times in different directions before we got a good scan. A big chunk of those were overvote issues as well from the smearing, I think all total we spoiled and reissued maybe 5% of the ballots.

after close we managed all but one of the misreads we couldn't resolve during the day, I don't think it affected the vote totals but it definitely was a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 3:00:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Already a new word in Wiki…

“Karizona”.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top