Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not seeing the issue.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I heard his second comment. Cuteness done to justify the douchebag cop check for weapons.

And a neat little sound bite for the camera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn’t read the entire thread.

Nobody going to comment on Lambs douchebag question about weapons in the vehicle?

Maybe you should have read the thread.....

Oh, pro-gun sheriff dropping a pro-gun comment. You may have concentrated on his question but his ignored his next line. If you are curious, please re-read my first line.

I heard his second comment. Cuteness done to justify the douchebag cop check for weapons.

And a neat little sound bite for the camera.

I think you are on the wrong website.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You sound like a po-po. He's doing the speed limit, and people are going over the speed limit to pass him, yet he gets pulled over. Find someone else to fucking harass. "Going with the flow of traffic" gets thrown out the window when they want to write speeding tickets.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So does the left lane have a higher speed limit than the right lane?
Nope, but if you're not actively passing someone you stay the fuck out of it.  It should be common sense

You sound like a po-po. He's doing the speed limit, and people are going over the speed limit to pass him, yet he gets pulled over. Find someone else to fucking harass. "Going with the flow of traffic" gets thrown out the window when they want to write speeding tickets.

Yep, the hypocrisy is hilarious!

Cops hand out tickets for 1mph over because speed "limit."

Cops then hand out ticket for going speed limit in left lane when no one could pass without breaking the law.

You can't have both at the same time and have it makes sense.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Cops then hand out ticket for going speed limit in left lane when no one could pass without breaking the law.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope, but if you're not actively passing someone you stay the fuck out of it.  It should be common sense

The driver was ignoring the prohibition on blocking the passing lane, this creating a far more dangerous condition than driving 1 MPH over the posted limit.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you would be perfectly fine if, on a 3-lane highway, there were 3 cars, lined up next to each other in all 3 lanes, going the speed limit? And traffic stacked up behind them with nobody in front of them, right?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly around here, I'd suspect anyone camping in the left lane going the speed limit is high.  I mean, you can literally smell weed on the beltway where people are travelling 80-ish.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

No cops gives a ticket for doing 1 mph over the limit.  That shit wastes the time of the city attorney and the judge.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I hate left lane bandits with a deep passion. That being said, fuck that cop. How about he fucks off and finds some human traffickers or murderers instead? Hmmm?
View Quote

You must not know who he is.  Sheriff Mark Lamb.  Google him.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Even then the cop was right, if you are in the center lane and your being passed on the left and right, your impending the flow of traffic.
Regardless if your doing the speed limit or not you should move into the right lane, its just common courtesy and common sense, neither of which  is common anymore these days.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Common sense is gone, never to return.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:04:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess I'm guilty.  Haven't had a traffic stop in DECADES.  I always run cruise control at the speed limit, but stay out of the left lane except when passing.

Here's a hint.  Leave earlier.

Paladin

eta: most roads in Texas, even two lane side roads, are 75 mph.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#12]
It looks like Mark is so fixated on the car driving the speed limit that he completely misses all of the cars that are speeding around him. This is nonsensical and so are the arfcommers in this thread who are say he’s “doing Gods work”.

Another fact about Mark is that during an interview he approved of the placement of flock cameras around our area by stating “ “I’m a constitutionalist, but …….”. Every politicians morals can be purchased and Mark is no exception.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not seeing the issue.
View Quote

It’s not uncommon for an Arizona cop to make an issue out of nothing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
...snipped...
View Quote

Yes, I can. You can't seem to have both at the same time and have it make sense to you.

Beyond your projections, the real question is if you would be willing to entertain a conversation that may possibly end you being able to make sense of this. Based on the tone of your post, I think that you aren't willing... which means you likely have a lot more in common with left lane campers than those who keep right except to pass:

"Because if I can't make sense of it, then nobody can!"
"Because if I can't speed, then nobody can!

Shall we compare the 2 drivers? Left Lane Hog (LLH) and Keep to The Righter (KTR), both on a freeway with 2 lanes.

KTR encounters another KTR. Both are traveling below the speed limit the whole time. KTR#1 passes KTR#2.
Nobody gets a speeding AND nobody slowed anybody down.
KTR encounters another KTR, but this time the lead KTR is traveling at the speed limit. KTR#1 passes KTR#2.
KTR#1 risks a speeding ticket AND nobody is slowed down.
KTR encounters another KTR, but this time both are traveling over the speed limit. KTR#1 passes KTR#2.
Both KTRs risk speeding tickets, AND nobody is slowed down.
In the above examples, if KTR#1 or KTR#2 risk a speeding ticket, it's on an entirely individual basis and the ticket issuance process itself will slow ONLY the KTR who risks a speeding ticket.

Now lets try this with a LLH.
KTR encounters a LLH. Both are traveling below the speed limit. KTR passes the LLH on the right.
LLH risks a camping ticket, and potentially slowed down KTR if there was right lane traffic in the way at that moment.
KTR encounters a LLH, but this time the LLH is traveling the speed limit. KTR passes the LLH on the right.
LLH risks a camping ticket, KTR risks a speeding ticket, and LLH potentially slowed down KTR if there was right lane traffic in the way at that moment.
KTR encounters a LLH, but this time both are traveling over the speed limit. KTR passes LLH on the right.
LLH risks a camping ticket, both KTR and LLH risk speeding tickets, and LLH potentially slowed down KTR if there was right lane traffic in the way at that moment.

For the KTR+LLH examples, the LLH risks +1 ticket over the KTR... except if traveling EXACTLY the speed limit. In that case, the LLH and the KTR both risk 1 ticket each. In EVERY example, the total number of tickets risked could be reduced by 1 if the LLH just kept to the right.

Essentially, NO MATTER WHAT, the Left Lane Hog ALWAYS violates the rules of the road, no matter what anyone else does. Whether advertently or inadvertently, the LLH violate the rules of the road to keep other people from violating the rules of the road.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It looks like Mark is so fixated on the car driving the speed limit that he completely misses all of the cars that are speeding around him. This is nonsensical and so are the arfcommers in this thread who are say he’s “doing Gods work”.

Another fact about Mark is that during an interview he approved of the placement of flock cameras around our area by stating “ “I’m a constitutionalist, but …….”. Every politicians morals can be purchased and Mark is no exception.

View Quote

What part of the Constitution bans Flock cameras? I understand why you don’t want them, but what’s your constitutional argument?

They are privately owned. Do you believe citizens can film in public? Can government film in public? What about 1st Amendment auditors, how do their activities compare to Flock cameras? Can you film in public with your phone? Can you film the FedEx guy with your Ring Doorbell? What about Joe’s Bar whose security camera films the parking lot 24/7?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Left lane ragers get the bullet when I am king.

You are not important. Relax.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]
"Slower Moving Traffic Keep Right"
LOTS of these signs where I live.
I drive in the left lane. Im passing everybody...
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Or, you know, get the fuck out of the left lane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or, you know, get the fuck out of the left lane.
Depends.

Does wherever this is have a law on the books prohibiting left lane camping?  many states do, and we have one going into effect next year.  
But if theres no law that says left lane is for passing only or that slower traffic must keep right, or that you can't obstruct traffic then the guy going the speed limit is in the right.

Hate to say it, but its true
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Slowass Texan?  Good stop.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not about me -- or you.  Slower traffic moving right improves safety and maximizes the flow of traffic.  Is this a hard concept to grasp?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No, it has a restriction of to be used for passing only.  Sort of like that strip through the middle of town is for turning, you don't just drive in it.
View Quote

What solar system are you from? That's the on ramp, short 5 block run, passing lane for all the people way too important to wait for the little folks to get out of their way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It’s not uncommon for an Arizona cop to make an issue out of nothing.
View Quote

Except this actually was something.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#23]
That map says MA has the same law, which I can assure you is 100% not followed or enforced.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You think you are important, apparently
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Speed and speeding is not the only traffic law or even the most important aspect to safe roads especially when talking about controlled access highways
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's not about me -- or you.  Slower traffic moving right improves safety and maximizes the flow of traffic.  Is this a hard concept to grasp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blasting down the freeway at 25 over and demanding that everyone get out of your way, which is what the average left-lane rager does, does not improve safety or maximize the flow of traffic.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Blasting down the freeway at 25 over and demanding that everyone get out of your way, which is what the average left-lane rager does, does not improve safety or maximize the flow of traffic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As opposed to the average left lane camper who decides everyone needs to go 5 mph slower than they are, diminishing safety and the flow of traffic?

Left lane campers (and you) like to project how important they think they are onto other people. 'I'm important and should get to be king and decide what speeds other people go' is a far cry from somebody keeping right to pass... while simply going with or slightly faster than the traffic flow (even if that is 10-15mph over the limit).

For every 25mph+ over the limit 'freeway blaster', I can point to some entitled dumb piece of shit parking their ass in the left lane causing a chaos swirl of traffic behind them...and doing it on purpose.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Basically you cannot win.

If you go over, its speeding

If you go the speed limit, you are obstructing traffic.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I drive 5-10 (or more over) all day everyday, and have never been pulled over for speeding in AZ (or anywhere else). I hear other people talk about being terrified of their LEOs pulling them over for going 1 over the speed limit and pity them.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

False.

I mean, are there instances where that could be true? Sure, but bear with me for a second.

Imagine a freeway with 3 lanes... and all the traffic is cruising along in the right lane at the speed limit. Nobody is obstructed...because if somebody twitches wrong and loses 1mph, EVERYONE behind them can merge one lane to the left, pass them, and then move back to the right.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree but using the cops logic. If you do the speed limit I'll stop you. If you speed faster than the posted speed limit I'll stop you.

Point is you can't win either way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everyone hates left lane campers until a JBT does something about a left lane camper.
View Quote

No I hate left lane campers that go under the speed limit. The point again is I bet that asshole would pull speeders in the left lane.

Actually unless there is a reason. I don't like people doing the speed limit either in left lane. I want to drive 120 mph and they are in my way.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently for most of the general population.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AZ has a left lane law. He wasn’t the sole innocent guy out there and he stood out because he wasn’t breaking the same rule as everyone else.

If there wasn’t a restriction on left lane use it would be a different story.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#36]
The Autobahn is a working proof of concept of only using the left lane to pass.  Roughly 70% of it has NO speed limits, drive as fast as you safely can.  Slower traffic must stay right and passing can only be done on the left.  You must move over as soon as you finish passing the slower moving traffic.   If a vehicle approaches from behind you must move over to let them pass you.

Now consider that our interstate was designed in the late 50s and for vehicles of that era to safely drive 75mph.  Modern vehicles stop shorter, handle better, and have thousands of safety features that cars in the 50s did not; why do we not see an increase in speed limits to correspond?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So you would be perfectly fine if, on a 3-lane highway, there were 3 cars, lined up next to each other in all 3 lanes, going the speed limit? And traffic stacked up behind them with nobody in front of them, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FWIW, and this may be apocryphal, someone angry about a speeding ticket did just that with a couple of friends in some major metropolis during rush hour.  Blocked all lanes, rolling at just under the speed limit.  Supposedly caused a multi-mile backup...

The reason people camp the left-land seems to  be these:  The left lane is frequently less rutted and beat up by trucks and therefore provides a more comfortable ride.  People give less than no fucks about anybody but themselves.
Common driving courtesy and lane discipline aren't taught in Driver's Ed anymore, if indeed the class is taught at all.  Plus the usual psychological 'powerless in their normal life but able to flex on people' this way.  

It's a sign of a lack of character.  Instead campers, let the idiot get by you if possible.  Then laugh at them 20 miles down the road when they get pulled over.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Honestly around here, I'd suspect anyone camping in the left lane going the speed limit is high.  I mean, you can literally smell weed on the beltway where people are travelling 80-ish.
View Quote

(Nods, reading thread; is surprised to see MD as state, not TX)
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP has now started a thread with a video I posted on facebook 3 days ago.
View Quote

Are we calling this a dupe?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s not true. Just move to the right for faster traffic. It takes no more thought than that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I agree but using the cops logic. If you do the speed limit I'll stop you. If you speed faster than the posted speed limit I'll stop you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not true.  The cop only stopped him because he was impeding traffic in the left lane.  Why is this so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Why the deliberately misleading thread title?
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Cop trolls slowpoke driver in the fast lane - funny!

Mute to avoid annoying commentary.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Everyone hates left lane campers until a JBT does something about a left lane camper.
View Quote

That seems to sum things up.  Sadly.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Just ride a motorcycle. Split lanes and you don’t have to deal with left lane campers. Every lane is a passing lane.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Surprised it wasn’t that shit bag Frank Sloppy Seconds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Surprised it wasn’t that shit bag Frank Sloppy Seconds.
View Quote

I guess you’re not a fan of his internet persona? He’s got quite a huge following.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You're probably "that guy" who clogs up the left lane all the time, aren't you?

Slower traffic should always keep right.
View Quote

He is a self appointed Civilian Traffic Code Enforcement Officer. Probably has a fake badge.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit, people still don’t understand how the left lane works.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Business would be booming for him in Washington state
View Quote

He could meet quota in a couple hrs in Louisiana.
Left lane speed limit +/- 40mph. Rt lsne same thing. More than 2 lanes OMG
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top