Page / 14
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#1]

Al Sharpton says this man is the Attorney General of Black America
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is OP somewhere near Detroit (suburbs)??
View Quote

Closer to Flint. He is up there a ways from me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Has OP’s racist tattoo shop been on the news yet?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd have paid him back in counterfeit bills.

Solidarity with George Floyd no justice no peace
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell him sorry the rules apply to everyone, we don't discriminate base on race, creed, color, etc.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just to be clear, OP didn't cave in to the black man in front of him, he caved in to a black man on the phone that claimed to be BLM and had no business in this matter. For anyone in Michigan with black friends this could be a business opportunity.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time, give the guy his deposit back when it escalates like this.  Whether the threats were real or just intended to intimidate, I wouldn’t risk my life or the life of my employees over a deposit, not in today’s world.  And be sure to tell him not to come back, ever.

Also, did you have his name and credit card information since he left a deposit?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In an ideal world, that would be the solution.  In that county, though, it might limit potential clients.
View Quote

Time to move then.

I don't blame the cops in this situation. Cops never got support from the public who is supposedly pro-law and order for the past 1+ years of BLM riots/attacks etc.

Handle your own shit now. That's what you voted for.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL.......

You spent 30-40 minutes on the phone talking with BLM? You gave the shit bag his money back? You just showed them their tactics work.

LOL....

You got cucked, hard.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Upscale... Tattoo...  Studio...

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope you have adequate surveillance cameras, both inside and outside of your business with backup.

The comment about insurance coverage was spot on.

All of your employees should know how to handle firearms and be a good shot at close range.

Everyone in your business who is willing should carry concealed.
View Quote

They will follow you all home.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Hello Bob, goodbye Bob. Best $1.80 I ever spent.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"All calls are monitored for safety and training purposes " seems to work for any bill collector that has ever called me
View Quote

I doubt the BLM dude would have made the threats on a recorded line.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Should've recorded call and put it up on Instagram.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every single retail job I've ever had forced us to stick to policy, then if an angry customer called the "home office" or our district manager, 100% of the time they would cave on the angry customer's demands as the amount of money lost wasn't worth the long term effects of the problem.  Everyone wants to be tough on a guy for doing what he thought was right for his business and his employees.  Everyone loves throwing around the dumbest fucking word ever created, "cuck", while telling him through your keyboard that his tattoo business is laughably not upscale.  You guys piss me off and I would have a beer with OP before any of you fags any day of the week.

https://i.imgur.com/zJztwul.gif

Ironic post is ironic. It’s interesting how many people shit on the OP without mentioning what they actually did in similar situations. Wonder why that is.

I’m not thrilled by how the story ended either, but as I’m not willing to drive to the OPs business to provide 24/7 security for the next six months I’m not going to talk shit either.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Record audio/video of all encounters. Objective truth doesn't matter to many people.

View Quote

Download one of those automatic call recording apps on your phones. I have one, and it'a cleared up "confusion" on more than one occasion.

This is fucking terrorism, and if you already have audio/video you should release it so the world can see it for what it is.

If the cops won't do anything, is it possible to file suits civillly against the man and the "BLM" organization? Arflawyers?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Genesee County.  Same county as Flint.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is OP somewhere near Detroit (suburbs)??

Genesee County.  Same county as Flint.

I've read through the entire thread and this has me in tears.

Upscale Tattoo Parlor in the ghetto. Sounds to me like the OP needs to move his business out of the ghetto.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#18]
So sorry, come back tomorrow for an appointment with our best artist

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In your business there might be an advantage to catering to some 1%'rs for protection.
View Quote

Good idea.  Instead of refunding $50 and losing an hour of his time, he can be on the hook for free tats for all the "Avengers".  Some background.

Best thing he can do--move.  

Screen potential clients very carefully.  Consider potential headaches and price work accordingly.  

In future disputes, say as little as possible and stick to the script. Do not engage with anyone who isn't the client.  

Get good cameras, more for insurance purposes if something happens than evidence for the cops. As the map I posted before shows, Flint has had 21 homicides so far this year, and we haven't hit the hot months yet.  Cops are not going to help OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Upscale... Tattoo...  Studio...

View Quote

Like a upscale pawn shop ?

Make it Beverly Hills nice, your still getting the same skeezers as customers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry that happened to you.  Probably happens all over and will get worse.  Might even return to your shop to get even. Next time, pull out your phone to record him.  Record the police as they are saying they won’t do anything and to act accordingly when you tell them you are in fear.  Then handle it yourself. One less scum.  But be prepared to become famous on the news.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#22]
For all the shit-talking the GD peanut crowd is giving you, they do have a valid point:

Word gets around, and the BLM guy on the phone has friends of friends.

Now would be the time to start thinking proactively:

"What do I do if BLM comes back around asking for another shakedown?"

"What if I have another customer who behaves like this?"

"Is it possible to shut down my business and move it a few miles away to avoid 95% of problem clientele?"

etc
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Cucked out. I hope at least you recorded everything.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#24]
PSA: If your business and livelihood depends on black guys people coming in for tattoos, you should probably expect some issues from time to time and have a better plan in place.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, we are in a cold race war. The bankers are trying to get people to start shooting their fellow citizens. What needs to happen before that is burning down network satellite relays and banks. In Minecraft. Oy vey!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Side note, tats are tribal and trashy no matter how much they cost.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#27]
OP whereabouts is your studio?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#28]
You need better clients
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You did fine man.

View Quote

Not really.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Sucks OP.
Unfortunately this is just going to become more and more common.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I noticed you failed to share with us what they (police) could have legally done.
I'm listening, do tell...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with the OP that cops are more cucked than ever.    "We showed up" is not support.

I noticed you failed to share with us what they (police) could have legally done.
I'm listening, do tell...

Field interrogation report, trespass warning....hell how about just a general information report.    Next question

As long as it's being framed within "legal"
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every single retail job I've ever had forced us to stick to policy, then if an angry customer called the "home office" or our district manager, 100% of the time they would cave on the angry customer's demands as the amount of money lost wasn't worth the long term effects of the problem.  Everyone wants to be tough on a guy for doing what he thought was right for his business and his employees.  Everyone loves throwing around the dumbest fucking word ever created, "cuck", while telling him through your keyboard that his tattoo business is laughably not upscale.  You guys piss me off and I would have a beer with OP before any of you fags any day of the week.

https://i.imgur.com/zJztwul.gif

You have no idea.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As the owner of two businesses I agree with what you did. Sometimes you just need to cut your losses and see the bigger picture.

I would hate to do it and would be pissed off as hell, but what choice did you have?

It's easy to monday morning this, but this is your business and your life.

You did nothing wrong.

If I lived near you I'd back you any day of the week.
View Quote

Same here.

Keep shaking off the typical GD armchair quarterbacks OP.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OP was dragged into a shit situation, but he is basically Bob Hope in Mogadishu, based on his location.

View Quote

Bracken's CW2 Cube applies here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#35]
People are replying that they are afraid to defend themselves due to .gov reprisals.   That is the bottom line of their arguments.  That is really fucked up, and the time to realize who the real enemy is.

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Exactly.

Folks think this is a game. Guys on here are not thinking very deep. White guys who defend themselves against this mob are getting thrown to the wolves...

While I dont want a BLM march in front of our business, that actually doesn't scare me. I can deal with that.. might even have a counter protest. If it was just a protest.

What scares me is having someone that works for us get hurt. One of our clients (60% women, 40% men in our studio.. clientele) get hurt... my wife or daughter who are both artists there... $50 aint shit compared to that. Even now, we're not acting like it is over.. but at least I can say I tried to de escalate it if it comes to a self defense situation.

If giving some dude his deposit back... and letting it go means I dont have to give my lawyer $50K and pray I get bail... thats a win. This blue county would gleefully try to make an example out of us.

Am I happy about it? No. BLM is openly, with government support, media support, acting as a militant terrorist group. And the cops will not confront them. You are on your own.

I mean.. I dont see any militant groups springing up, getting organized, volunteering to come fill the void. If there is one.. I'd love to join. Surely one of the guys posting "cuck" is the brave leader of one of these groups? And not just talking shit from the safety of a basement somewhere?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this. It sucks but OP did about the best he could. People are acting like he just caved to the guy and sucked him off. Easy to do when you don't have any skin in the game.

He called the police on the guy multiple times. When the police didn't want to do anything about a guy threatening a mass shooting, he told them he'd ventilate the guy himself. Then after all these threats by multiple people against him and his staff he begrudgingly agreed to refund the guy's money and never see him again.

He didn't give the guy a tattoo and then a refund making it free. He didn't cancel other people's appointments like the guy demanded. He caved a little, but he isn't just risking himself either. His staff could be attacked by this psycho.

Exactly.

Folks think this is a game. Guys on here are not thinking very deep. White guys who defend themselves against this mob are getting thrown to the wolves...

While I dont want a BLM march in front of our business, that actually doesn't scare me. I can deal with that.. might even have a counter protest. If it was just a protest.

What scares me is having someone that works for us get hurt. One of our clients (60% women, 40% men in our studio.. clientele) get hurt... my wife or daughter who are both artists there... $50 aint shit compared to that. Even now, we're not acting like it is over.. but at least I can say I tried to de escalate it if it comes to a self defense situation.

If giving some dude his deposit back... and letting it go means I dont have to give my lawyer $50K and pray I get bail... thats a win. This blue county would gleefully try to make an example out of us.

Am I happy about it? No. BLM is openly, with government support, media support, acting as a militant terrorist group. And the cops will not confront them. You are on your own.

I mean.. I dont see any militant groups springing up, getting organized, volunteering to come fill the void. If there is one.. I'd love to join. Surely one of the guys posting "cuck" is the brave leader of one of these groups? And not just talking shit from the safety of a basement somewhere?

No one is coming to save you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#37]
These AH just think they can control everyone, good for you to stand up to these terrorist.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Field interrogation report, trespass warning....hell how about just a general information report.    Next question

As long as it's being framed within "legal"
View Quote

You can bet that had a white person threatened a black business owner, cops would've found something they could do.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:06:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ah there's the white supremacist domestic terrorists the leftists warned us about!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe we need to get off our asses and show this goes both ways.  Fires have a way of breaking out at the oddest places.  But as long as we continue to "follow the law" then we are screwed.   Sun effing Tzu.  

One side has decided to fight a war, the other is holding firm to its Marcus of Queensbury rules....

Ah there's the white supremacist domestic terrorists the leftists warned us about!

Racist??? White supremist?????

I identify as a BLACK rifle thank you very much
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Continuous "compromise" is how we've gotten ourselves to where we are today.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Could you be more dramatic? With this level of patriotic fervor and warrior spirit why is there still a BLM? Surely you've gone to the hundreds of riots, and helicoptered your dick at them until they disbanded.. right? Surely you're out there, fighting the fight of "the good people" right?

I refunded a $50 deposit to avoid a mountain of bullshit... I didn't suck Hitler's dick.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start your own......or just keep caving in.  You did it, you call it a "win," so you'll do it again.  Actually you'll get right onto the cattle car when ordered and think that's a "win" too just like most people throughout history and will again soon.

Could you be more dramatic? With this level of patriotic fervor and warrior spirit why is there still a BLM? Surely you've gone to the hundreds of riots, and helicoptered your dick at them until they disbanded.. right? Surely you're out there, fighting the fight of "the good people" right?

I refunded a $50 deposit to avoid a mountain of bullshit... I didn't suck Hitler's dick.

There’s a difference between actively seeking a conflict vs standing your ground when conflict finds you. Nobody expects you to fly to Portland or Minneapolis.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Should have told him you would do a tatt of his dad on him for half price
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#43]
@BDA please keep us updated on how the next few weeks go.
I hope that nothing happens. I could easily see servers situations that could be coming your way.
They know you are a softie. They will be treating you like one.
I worked at a Denny’s many years ago.
We had a family that came in and “found a hair” at the end of her meal once.  The manager did the right thing and comped the meal, apologized,etc.

The woman came in every single day with her family in tow. Every day.

They served that woman as her crotch fruit for years.

I want to know how this works out for ya.
And I want to get a new tat eventually.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Based on some of the responses, you can tell who are the business people and who aren't.  Many of the responses are not realistic in today's social environment.   That does not make it right, but that's the way it is.   Good luck OP.  I'm sorry you are having to go through this.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Imagine threatening to murder someone over 50 dollars
View Quote

In north Memphis, they kill each other over a single cigarette. Fuck all these savages. Bring on The Purge. Now And Often.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sounds about right. Shouldn't have given them anything. You called the cops twice and reported this shit. If your burned down, sue the city for negligence.
View Quote

LOL....where do you guys come up with this shit?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:16:15 AM EDT
[#47]
@BDA

You did fine. You did what you could in the moment in a situation you didn't expect.
You didn't expect the asshole to flip out over what's is clearly a standard cost for breaking a commitment.
You didn't expect the cops to not cite him for trespass or fail to even get his fucking name.
You didn't expect the asshole to call back threatening a mass shooting.
You didn't expect the cops to not even give a shit that he did, and still fail to even get his fucking name.
You didn't expect the BLM extortion mob to call you and, explicitly or implicitly, threaten harm against you, your employees and your business.

You didn't expect to be facing the prospect of being the next "racist white man" who becomes a national spectacle and set off another wave of Burn Loot Murder mayhem.

Your compromise of returning the deposit for the man's statement that you, your business and your employees were not the fucking racists he made y'all out to be, in this context, was entirely reasonable and the right tactical move.

Was it the right move strategically? Maybe not; but you fought the battle as it came, while unprepared for and not expecting to be in one.

However, a few more of these battles resulting in tactical "victories" like these and we'll all be rationalizing ourselves into our graves.

Now, having been in one and seeing your deficiencies, what are you gonna do now?

Are you going to invest in recording equipment to catch this terrorism should it happen next time?
Are you going to speak with an attorney about legal avenues to hold these people, all.of them, accountable for their actions?
Are you going to file a criminal complaint against the man and blm to have it on record should this escalate?
Are you going to make your fellow business owners aware of this extortion and coercion should they encounter it in the future?

I know you don't want this fight, but the fight chose you. The only way this shit ends is if people end their ability to get away with it. The only way that happens is if people like you who have been victimized by it choose not to remain victims.

Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You cucked
View Quote

13er
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would have done the same OP. Just not worth the trouble. You know what, so would 90% of the people here calling you a cuck. It’s easy to be tough on the internet.  

$50 is a joke, but muh pRinsiPulLz.....

The one condition to the refund however would have been him coming down in person and admitting he acted like a child and that we were following our well established policy and he made several mistakes in the encounter.
View Quote

It’s attitudes like this that have created the monster that is BLM, and contributed to the decline of America in general.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#50]
I like how the most important thing was that the OP and his business weren't racist

Did you ask the guy to say he wasn't going to shoot up the place and kill you and all your employees?

Or is being "not racist" enough?
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top