BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL.... I'm gonna need to see photo to prove that. Also you admit that you possibly straw purchased them and plan on selling them for a profit and not have an FFL.
View Quote
While he is being a douche...give the whole “straw purchase” thing a rest.  If he can legally own the firearm it’s not a straw purchase.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:30:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The gunbroker seller of the bayonets I bought still hasn’t called me for credit card payment. I guess he doesn’t want to get paid
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We bought these for $229-239 shipped with a hard plastic case. Nobody is trying to say these are as valuable as a WW1/2 trench gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the ONG thing is what makes them valuable.

Some of you are incredibly dense when it comes to collector value of firearms. There's already people offering double/triple the original price.
But double and triple isn’t nothing in value.Buy a real Stevens 620 trench and see we’re Thats all in value
We bought these for $229-239 shipped with a hard plastic case. Nobody is trying to say these are as valuable as a WW1/2 trench gun.
Ruby there just has some sour sour grapes over something.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:32:39 AM EDT
[#4]
My FFL offered me $500 on the spot for the folder when I picked it up.

He told me straight up he can sell a lot more giving it a bit time.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
While he is being a douche...give the whole "straw purchase" thing a rest.  If he can legally own the firearm it's not a straw purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.... I'm gonna need to see photo to prove that. Also you admit that you possibly straw purchased them and plan on selling them for a profit and not have an FFL.
While he is being a douche...give the whole "straw purchase" thing a rest.  If he can legally own the firearm it's not a straw purchase.
Abramski v. United States says you're wrong.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:40:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He’s just trolling.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's with the weirdos trying to purposefully pretend these shotguns aren't worth anything?

ANY collector who knows anything at all about firearms knows these are something special. What's the angle? Jealousy?
He’s just trolling.
Really stupid also...
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#7]
My folder will be at my FFL tomorrow.

Haven’t been this excited about a purchase in a while
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Reading is fundamental - this is going to get locked again.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
@AR_Shorty

Delete your post or you will get the thread locked. Post up in the EE
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I know this is a long shot, but if anyone wants to sell one, please let me know.  I'll even pay a "reasonable" premium to get one.  I must have been living under a rock for a few days as I never even knew about these when they went up for sale.
View Quote
Please read thread title.

Badass surplus 870 shotgun - Discussion thread, keep WTT/WTB/WTS in the EE

Don't get this thread locked.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I think he got the memo
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think he got the memo
View Quote
I did...my apologies for not reading the title.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#15]
so im assuming the fixed stock ones are going to be used more is it a good idea to maybe replace the mag spring or just leave it and maybe it will function fine?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
so im assuming the fixed stock ones are going to be used more is it a good idea to maybe replace the mag spring or just leave it and maybe it will function fine?
View Quote
Springs don't wear by age, but by use. If the gun doesn't look like it's been used a ton, I wouldn't worry about.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
That extra weight from the bayo adapter might make the gun swing and hold steady like a longer barreled gun.   With that extra capacity, I think it would make a great swamp bear gun.

Mine fixed stock is on the delivery truck circling my FFL waiting for them to open (at noon).
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Springs don't wear by age, but by use. If the gun doesn't look like it's been used a ton, I wouldn't worry about.
View Quote
Ok sounds good
Just thought maybe from being potentially loaded and and unloaded several times
But then again the fixed stock ones will probably just have been carried alot and shot little
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Abramski v. United States says you're wrong.
View Quote
You are absolutely correct on that end, but we don't know for sure who filled out the 4473. For all we know, he did the 4473 on all ten. Then no straw purchase.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You are absolutely correct on that end, but we don't know for sure who filled out the 4473. For all we know, he did the 4473 on all ten. Then no straw purchase.
View Quote
...or there was no 4473 to begin with because his story never happened

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#21]
This topic has me wondering.

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for “ownership” in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn’t want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
While he is being a douche...give the whole “straw purchase” thing a rest.  If he can legally own the firearm it’s not a straw purchase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to be all technical but you are wrong.  If they are gifts its not a straw purchase as ruled by the supreme court.  However if you are buying them for someone else and they will buy them from you or gave you money for the purchase then its a straw purchase and illegal under federal law.  The guy basically admitted to a felony.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally got to pick mine up. Definitely not the cherry gun some of y'all got. Biggest issue is a screw missing out of the bayonet lug.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for “ownership” in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn’t want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?
View Quote
If he does the 4473 and takes possession himself then it doesn't matter what money changes hands or how is my understanding. You basically just loaned him money.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Its a nice shooter, some of these I wouldnt want to shoot they are so nice. I'm curious how my too are gonna be when they get here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:38:01 PM EDT
[#26]
It doesn’t look so bad. Wipe it down and see how it looks

And if you find any of those screws, let me know. The heads of mine are a little boogered from someone using the wrong size screwdriver.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

And if you find any of those screws, let me know. The heads of mine are a little boogered from someone using the wrong size screwdriver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is wiped down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That is wiped down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is wiped down.
It still doesn’t look bad. Work at some of the bad spots with a pair of old jeans and some oil or atf and see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That is wiped down.
View Quote
The difference in yours and the other pristine guns is that yours probably really did go to Katrina while the rest sat in the armory in Ohio. Legit wear on a surplus gun just means it actually did something.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:56:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That is wiped down.
View Quote
Take one of the two remaining screws out and find a matching replacement.

As I posted previously, mine seems to be unfired, I am planning on have it slathered with oil keep it as unfired.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hate to be all technical but you are wrong.  If they are gifts its not a straw purchase as ruled by the supreme court.  However if you are buying them for someone else and they will buy them from you or gave you money for the purchase then its a straw purchase and illegal under federal law.  The guy basically admitted to a felony.
View Quote
Spirit of the law vs how some libs translate it. His uncle was not a direct family member either way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Let me know if you need help with that screw I’ll make you one no charge.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#33]
That bayo screw was probably specially made and will be difficult to find a replacement for at even Ace Hardware.  Probably have to find the thread pitch with a thread measurement tool and then see if any places that sell gunsmithing screws has it (like Brownells).
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#34]
The finish wouldnt upset me given the pictures on the website where it was purchased.  We should all expect heavy wear and then be grateful if they are better than advertised.  But missing a part like that would really suck given how rare it is.

See if @ordnance has one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sweet! Thanks! Haven't gone searching for a replacement yet. If I find them, I'll post it for anyone else with missing or buggered up screws.

For anyone else who got one that looks like it was actually issued, take them apart and clean and oil every where you can reach. Mine had surface rust all through the inside, including inside the mag tube and extension and the inside of the bayonet mount. Likely from use in a very damp environment. Katrina maybe?

Anyway, I'm not disappointed for the price. I bought it intending to fire it some, and if I had got a cherry I don't think I would want to.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Can anyone point me to some folders that have already sold or are for sale?  (Not an EE post!, just looking for price points)
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Can anyone point me to some folders that have already sold or are for sale?  (Not an EE post!, just looking for price points)
View Quote
Not seen any. Just checked Gunbroker out of curiosity and it looks like folks are holding for now. Of course its only been a day or two since they started arriving.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:49:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for "ownership" in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn't want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?
View Quote
In my experience when I worked the sales side of the counter, the name on the order was the party that must do the 4473.

So if my wife order an firearm for me as a gift. I could not go to the FFL and do the 4473 since that was the name on the invoice for the order itself. She had to do it and then gift me the gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I wonder if this is off of the current batch.

Folding stock
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:55:17 PM EDT
[#41]
UUUUGGGHHHHHH............. mine still says, "ON DELIVERY VEHICLE". I want it now!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The difference in yours and the other pristine guns is that yours probably really did go to Katrina while the rest sat in the armory in Ohio. Legit wear on a surplus gun just means it actually did something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is wiped down.
I was going to post pretty much the same thing. Mine arrives today. I'll be happy if I receive something in about that condition. "Been here, done that" is a big part of what makes these guns attractive. The missing screw is the only thing that would bother me but I'll bet it won't be too hard to find a suitable replacement even if it has to be cut to fit and blued to match.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In my experience when I worked the sales side of the counter, the name on the order was the party that must do the 4473.

So if my wife order an firearm for me as a gift. I could not go to the FFL and do the 4473 since that was the name on the invoice for the order itself. She had to do it and then gift me the gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the name on the order, invoice, credit card, a legal basis for "ownership" in the sense that it would legally have to be transferred to that person on a 4473 before it could be sold or gifted?

If I ordered a gun to my FFL, decided I didn't want it but my buddy did, and he paid me $500, could he go to the FFL and do the 4473 for himself?

It would seem that’s probably common, but I’m wondering if it’s a regulation/law or just a store policy.  You could argue that maybe the person that ordered it is not eligible for the firearm and the person doing the 4473 is doing a straw purchase, but if the person that ordered it changed their mine before the transfer and someone else bought it from them while it’s at the shop, I’d the first person did the 4473, they would have to lie on question 1. Idk.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wonder if this is off of the current batch.

Folding stock
View Quote
After reading the description, I’m going to say no it doesn’t look like it’s from these guns as the seller doesn’t know how it attaches to the gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'll be honest. If I got one id shoot 3 gun with it, hunt with it, and go to classes with it.
View Quote
Mine should be here Thursday.  I'm almost worried it will be prefect.  I expected these to be rough.  I bought it planning on using in frequently but if it's too clean...I'll probably feel guilty when I use it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They didn’t mention a limit of two until after they sold out, so I think you’re full of shit tbh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two for me .Two for son.Two for old lady and two my mom and two dad.On seperate cards and addresses that’s all
They didn’t mention a limit of two until after they sold out, so I think you’re full of shit tbh.
lol, now hes back peddling and changed his post.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It would seem that’s probably common, but I’m wondering if it’s a regulation/law or just a store policy.  You could argue that maybe the person that ordered it is not eligible for the firearm and the person doing the 4473 is doing a straw purchase, but if the person that ordered it changed their mine before the transfer and someone else bought it from them while it’s at the shop, I’d the first person did the 4473, they would have to lie on question 1. Idk.
View Quote
I have an FFL now and my friend has a big shop that I help on weekends some. I am going to stick with my answer. The ATF doesn't care what you paid or by whom. We call it a straw purchase but in reality the ATF only cares about transfers. If the individual who fills out the 4473 is keeping possession that is all that matters. They don't come to your shop and check financial records, they check transfers in your log books. If it was any other way then technically you couldn't use gift cards for firearm purchases.

Now having said that I can assure you of this from experience... If you call the ATF 3 times to ask them this question it is very likely that you will get 4 different answers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mine should be here Thursday.  I'm almost worried it will be prefect.  I expected these to be rough.  I bought it planning on using in frequently but if it's too clean...I'll probably feel guilty when I use it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be honest. If I got one id shoot 3 gun with it, hunt with it, and go to classes with it.
If you didn’t buy it as an investment, I don’t see any harm in using it. It’ll still be valuable and people would want it as long as it isn’t modified. Used is one thing. Modified is another.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:11:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up my fixed stock and I am happy.  No rust on the metal, a few wear marks.  The stock is a little more beat up, nothing major, no missing parts.  I will post pics this evening.  SSN S37XXXXV
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Mine is sitting at my  dealer as of 10 minutes ago can’t go pick it up for another three hours now as I’ve got a few other things going. The wait is killing me
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top