Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 108
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not trolling, "it just looks like" I am because we see things differently.
View Quote

Yes, except you pretend not to see things differently and feign ignorance then retort in a manner clearly intended to elicit specific responses. It's become very obvious, a clear pattern and unfortunately I engaged with you on good faith. I see I was in error.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You labeled him "Nazi loving," but you can't remember why it occurred to you to use that phrase?

That seems less than honest.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Still think this is all part of Putin's master plan? 5d Chess?" - Yeah, I've said no such thing but ok!

"Suiciding waves of Russian soldiers for little gain while the entire line is stagnate for one town doesn't seem like a winning strategy" - And yet Zelensky keeps whining for more monies and resources to fight a "serious Russian threat"!

Russia whines about western aid and how the victims are fighting back against genocide.

Zelenskyy pleads for aid so his people can survive.

There is a difference.

How did the Russian winter offensive turn out?

Hate to break it to you but Nazi loving Zelensky is a thief and a thug just like Putin!

Those damned Nazi loving jews.

No, you're right, I misspoke when I used the term "Nazi loving" . What was the Ukraine's Nazi issue again, refresh my memory I remember the media all complaining about it prior to the war.

You labeled him "Nazi loving," but you can't remember why it occurred to you to use that phrase?

That seems less than honest.

Actually, I acknowledged my error and corrected myself. As for the initial mistake, I recalled seeing MSM reports complaining about Ukrainian Nazis being in the Ukraine military. I never research the issue, I just remembered all the MSM whining and saw a couple of pics. A poster here (smilingbandit) pointed out the stupidity of it and I agreed he was right and corrected my post accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It looks like you are because you openly spout claims a toddler would know are false.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like you are because you openly spout claims a toddler would know are false.

Which "claims" are those?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes, except you pretend not to see things differently and feign ignorance then retort in a manner clearly intended to elicit specific responses. It's become very obvious, a clear pattern and unfortunately I engaged with you on good faith. I see I was in error.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Yes, except you pretend not to see things differently" - What things and can you please explain how you know I'm "pretending".

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember seeing photos of hundreds of marching Ukrainian Nazis in uniform, were they in Zelensky's military and was that the issue? If so, were they later purged or are they still fighting for Zelensky?

Those were New Jersey State Police.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27726/IMG_0120_jpeg-2809985.JPG

No, I believe it was these photos

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

"Yes, except you pretend not to see things differently" - What things and can you please explain how you know I'm "pretending".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Yup, same. Unlike some of the posters here, I'm not gonna arbitrarily trust Russian claims.

Is the claim. Since then we have Nazi loving Zelenski and the premise proposed that this entire thing was kick started because of a 2500 person militia group of nazis. Both are clear indicators that you do in fact arbitrarily trust Russian claims. Weird after over a year of war and over 60 pages of a thread about the war that you started you only just realized how the Jewish president being a nazi doesn't make sense.

I get it, you'll feign ignorance again, say you're up for discussion. Then you'll get some people talking on good faith and start the sarcastic retort with a shrug emoji to try and get a rise out of someone. I'll be standing by for the phase 4 response, accusation of being driven to emotional instability because I worship Ukraine or something.

Edit: Not to mention the attribution that these people are fighting FOR their President, not defending their nation against an aggressor. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about how many neo nazi militia groups would appear in the USA if some nation forcibly annexed a slice of us, and I'm sure they'd be larger than azov.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I know you didn't.   I was addressing the other guy's point about there only being a single logical vector.

The places they've been "shaping" would have an effect on the logistics of the defense of either melitopol or the approach to crimea itself.
View Quote

Sorry man, always a little guarded in this thread!

@1Andy2
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:57:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

See, it is stuff like this that makes you (again) look like you are trolling.  

Putin is at this point clearly and unambiguously the dictator of a kleptocratic state that is riddled with corruption (which is obviously part of the reason that the Russian military has experienced unexpected difficulties).  There is no doubt that he is a thief, along with his oligarch buddies and formed KGB buddies.  Similarly, the label of "thug" seems appropriate, given that he has a proven history of having political opponents killed or imprisoned, and also has a history of attacking neighboring countries.

Ukraine has historically also had a long history of corruption, as a result of having been under the Russian thumb, or in the Russian orbit, for so many years.  No doubt there is tons of corruption, and I am sure some of it is deep and insidious.  However, it is a fact that Zelensky was elected as an outsider with a goal of fighting and eliminating corruption in Ukraine.  That was virtually his entire campaign - wanting to fight corruption.  Does he have a long way to go?  Absolutely - but calling him a "thief" and trying to equate a democratically elected anti-corruption president with a dictator in charge of a super-corrupt nation is an odd claim to make, IMO.

I don't even understand how you are trying to equate Zelensky with being a "thug" like Putin.  Has he has political opponents killed?  Has he attacked other nations?  Obviously Zelensky is not perfect, but to equate him with Putin seems a bit over the top.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you but Zelensky is a thief and a thug just like Putin!

Putin is at this point clearly and unambiguously the dictator of a kleptocratic state that is riddled with corruption (which is obviously part of the reason that the Russian military has experienced unexpected difficulties).  There is no doubt that he is a thief, along with his oligarch buddies and formed KGB buddies.  Similarly, the label of "thug" seems appropriate, given that he has a proven history of having political opponents killed or imprisoned, and also has a history of attacking neighboring countries.

Ukraine has historically also had a long history of corruption, as a result of having been under the Russian thumb, or in the Russian orbit, for so many years.  No doubt there is tons of corruption, and I am sure some of it is deep and insidious.  However, it is a fact that Zelensky was elected as an outsider with a goal of fighting and eliminating corruption in Ukraine.  That was virtually his entire campaign - wanting to fight corruption.  Does he have a long way to go?  Absolutely - but calling him a "thief" and trying to equate a democratically elected anti-corruption president with a dictator in charge of a super-corrupt nation is an odd claim to make, IMO.

I don't even understand how you are trying to equate Zelensky with being a "thug" like Putin.  Has he has political opponents killed?  Has he attacked other nations?  Obviously Zelensky is not perfect, but to equate him with Putin seems a bit over the top.

It's obvious that he likes to play "dumb" to what the actual facts are, and grayzone trolls using obvious Russian talking points and propaganda to instigate a response here..
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 4:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If he continuously looks like he is trolling, he is trolling.  It's obnoxious and kinda sad at the same time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If he continuously looks like he is trolling, he is trolling.  It's obnoxious and kinda sad at the same time.

Exactly. Like the other poster said. Even a 3rd grader would know the crap he spouts isn't true.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I remember seeing photos of hundreds of marching Ukrainian Nazis in uniform, were they in Zelensky's military and was that the issue? If so, were they later purged or are they still fighting for Zelensky?

Quoted:
Those were New Jersey State Police.
Attachment Attached File

View Quote

Snazzy 'nazzy Uniforms!!  (Hugo Boss??)

Could explain much about New Jersey gun laws too...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A dim memory of MSM “whining” about a topic was enough to inspire you to regurgitate the stuff was MSM whining about?
View Quote

After all, there's no one you can trust more than the MSM.

Guys with a legit warrior culture who get together with torches and build viking bonfires? Yeah, MSM will give them a fair shake.

That said, I'm CERTAIN that there were some absolute nutters in that group. Why? Because if OUR country were under attack and most people wanted to ignore it and hoped it went away*, the collection of miscreants that would show up to kill bad guys would be....sketchy.

*(Just characterizing it that way for convenience, not necessarily historically accurate)
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Artyomovsk has mostly fallen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Guys with a legit warrior culture who get together with torches and build viking bonfires? Yeah, MSM will give them a fair shake.

That said, I'm CERTAIN that there were some absolute nutters in that group. Why? Because if OUR country were under attack and most people wanted to ignore it and hoped it went away*, the collection of miscreants that would show up to kill bad guys would be....sketchy.

*(Just characterizing it that way for convenience, not necessarily historically accurate)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A dim memory of MSM “whining” about a topic was enough to inspire you to regurgitate the stuff was MSM whining about?

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons." ? Winston S. Churchill
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Op still trolling? That's some dedication.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:09:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Op still trolling? That's some dedication.
View Quote

Is that you John Wayne?   Is this me?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Given your comments that is simply unbelievable.  No problem with seeing things different but you are continually trolling people throughout this thread.  I sincerely doubt you would be here at all if you could not get the rise from the trolling.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the significance of Artyomovsk and to whom has it mostly fallen to?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:23:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Russian name for Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is Google and how do you use it?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, lol

And now the meltdown for me not knowing that in 3... 2... 1

You wanna take bets on who calls me a troll 1st for not knowing that?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Oh, lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, lol

For someone who feels compelled to tell everyone how things are, you know very little…
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Oh, lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, lol

How the fuck could you not google that name before posting?  It’s just too obvious.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Imagine that I started a thread declaring that the Eagles chances to make the playoffs had “fallen” to zero.

In the course of the thread, I made sure to use the term “sportsball.”

AND… after 40 pages I revealed that I didn’t even know who Jalen Hurts was.
View Quote

Or even the basic concepts of the game… all the while admonishing others who do, and pretending those details are somehow unimportant….
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Imagine that I started a thread declaring that the Eagles chances to make the playoffs had "fallen" to zero.

In the course of the thread, I made sure to use the term "sportsball."

AND  after 40 pages I revealed that I didn't even know who Jalen Hurts was.
View Quote
I mean, you'd fit right in in GD.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Imagine that I started a thread declaring that the Eagles chances to make the playoffs had “fallen” to zero.

In the course of the thread, I made sure to use the term “sportsball.”

AND… after 40 pages I revealed that I didn’t even know who Jalen Hurts was.
View Quote

*furiously scribbles notes*

Go on...
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

not inaccurate either though
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yup, have been watching CivDiv's videos and pretty much everything else I can find online.  

Donbas looks like the surface of the moon mixed with a junkyard.
View Quote

You mean thoroughly liberated by Russia

Just like the movie hostage event where Russia gassed and killed half of the hostages that's acceptable.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:09:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Zelensky is no angel and no friend of human rights or democracy. Not really even a friend of the US or Ukraine. Not sure how to compare him to Putin.
View Quote

Zelenskyy isn't the one creating mass graves, abducting children for "adoption" by Russian families in the far east, and running torture chambers.

Putin is.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:44:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.
View Quote

Not much longer.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not much longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

Do you at least know who Prigozhin is?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not much longer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

another 10 months? year? is it time yet to declare the war a disaster for NATO? USA foreign policy failure (OP's favorite line)?  is the west finally going to fall apart when she falls?  time for Ukraine to pack it up and surrender?  time to ask "where do we go from here?"
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

doubt, he doesnt even know the actual name of the town.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 6:32:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Saw an interesting story today. I wonder how effective the tanks are gonna be when/if the Ukrainians try to take back Artemivsk/Bakhmut

"Fearing Russian capture, US strips sensitive tech from M1 Abrams tanks headed for Ukraine"

"WASHINGTON    Earlier this year, the Biden administration relented after months of pleas from Ukraine and agreed to send the country its most lethal armored vehicles: the Abrams tanks.But with Ukraine gearing up for an expected spring counteroffensive in its war with Russia, these powerful tanks are months away from reaching the frontlines of the battlefield. Abrams tanks won't be part of the initial spring assault."

"As soon is the case with other weapons, the U.S. government sends stripped-down versions of its tanks to foreign governments. The Pentagon reserves its highest-end
capabilities for U.S. troops. A complicating issue with sending Abrams tanks to Ukraine, officials and experts say, is the probability that one will fall into Russian hands on the battlefield."

Story link

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Saw an interesting story today. I wonder how effective the tanks are gonna be when/if the Ukrainians try to take back Artemivsk/Bakhmut

"Fearing Russian capture, US strips sensitive tech from M1 Abrams tanks headed for Ukraine"

"WASHINGTON    Earlier this year, the Biden administration relented after months of pleas from Ukraine and agreed to send the country its most lethal armored vehicles: the Abrams tanks.But with Ukraine gearing up for an expected spring counteroffensive in its war with Russia, these powerful tanks are months away from reaching the frontlines of the battlefield. Abrams tanks won't be part of the initial spring assault."

"As soon is the case with other weapons, the U.S. government sends stripped-down versions of its tanks to foreign governments. The Pentagon reserves its highest-end
capabilities for U.S. troops. A complicating issue with sending Abrams tanks to Ukraine, officials and experts say, is the probability that one will fall into Russian hands on the battlefield."

Story link

View Quote

There’s nothing new or unusual with that.  The armor specifically is different on every export model than it is on ours.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There’s nothing new or unusual with that.  The armor specifically is different on every export model than it is on ours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Story link

Newsweek or USA Today had an article saying Ukraine is getting the armor, but not the electronics.
Do they know what they are reporting?  Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Story link

View Quote
Biden already gave Russia a Reaper Drone, so why not a fully spec'd Abrams too?

https://nypost.com/2023/03/22/russia-reportedly-recovers-some-debris-from-us-drone-in-the-black-sea
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

He is saying he's not leaving now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

another 10 months? year? is it time yet to declare the war a disaster for NATO? USA foreign policy failure (OP's favorite line)?  is the west finally going to fall apart when she falls?  time for Ukraine to pack it up and surrender?  time to ask "where do we go from here?"
View Quote

We only declare things a disaster in hindsight, but there is a 100% probability that this will end up a disaster.  We should be more concerned with what’s amassing at our southern border than who is amassing on Ukraine’s.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

But now they are, again.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But now they are, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

But now they are, again.

Russian Defense Ministry is threatening to spank him with a charge of 'Treason'.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#44]
So, Ukraine took delivery of 10 MIG29s from Poland, think they'll commit them to the new offensive or stick to depending on just denial of Russian air through their surface to air missiles?

I really don't see how Ukraine is going to launch an offensive without more air power in theater.  Some of the Ukrainians are still expecting to get F-16s this year, but I think that Ukraine taking delivery of them this year is a pipe dream.  

Ukraine seems to be doing a lot of very public demonstrations of river crossing assaults in the Kherson Oblast region across the Dnipro.  I believe that is a faint operation designed to try to force Russia to take away forces near Melitopol where the primary thrust of Ukraine's armored brigades will go.  There may be some limited river crossings and assaults, but I think their primary intent is just to relieve pressure off Ukraine forces North of them not to actually achieve any major ground, but who knows, opportunities can present themselves.  

Ideally Ukraine would have way more air power at this point. I don't understand the logic in giving Ukraine a massive amount and massive investment in armor only to give them little to no air assets.  It's not logical and being done for political purposes to avoid Ukraine expanding the war into Russia with NATO aircraft, BUT if Vietnam and GWOT taught us anything it should be you don't fight a war with strategic decisions coming from the Department of State especially one lead by Anthony Blinken.  

I think this offensive by UKraine will very costly for them, but I think they will accomplish their goals which I believe are actually fairly conservative.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Story link

View Quote

Since the source is USA Today, all information contained in the article is immediately suspect. They're one of the worst offenders of spewing fake news.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We only declare things a disaster in hindsight, but there is a 100% probability that this will end up a disaster.  We should be more concerned with what’s amassing at our southern border than who is amassing on Ukraine’s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a zero (0%) chance of this being a disaster in Ukraine. Zero. (If you discount the "disaster" part of an aggressive asshole neighbor invading and leveling cities.) There is already a 100% confirmed disaster on our southern border.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There is a zero (0%) chance of this being a disaster in Ukraine. Zero. (If you discount the "disaster" part of an aggressive asshole neighbor invading and leveling cities.) There is already a 100% confirmed disaster on our southern border.
View Quote

There is 100% chance you are 50% correct.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There is 100% chance you are 50% correct.
View Quote

What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Russian Defense Ministry is threatening to spank him with a charge of 'Treason'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no such thing.

It's Bakhmut.

Not much longer.

But now they are, again.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

What is the disaster for Ukraine if/when Russia captures the remaining 10 or 20 percent of the city?    What happens then?
View Quote

The disaster is the damage that will be caused to our reputation, relationships, and rubles.  I mean dollar hegemony but I was on a roll with Rs.  Not to mention the rampant fraud that will be uncovered down the road.  That is just getting started.
Page / 108
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top