Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safariland is always the answer.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

The DO is old, get the RDSO or RDS models, the mid-drop holster sit just a smidge higher (the mounting points are lower on the holster) which is more nicerer.

Make sure you get a "nub" too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I think I’m SOL for a level 2+ retention holster for a VP9 tactical with a x300.
View Quote

@thesilvercord

My shooting buddy has a VP9 (don't think it's the tactical) and it works fine with the 6365RDS for my FS M&P 9mm. I'm using a TL-1, but the holster works with the same light on his gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Safariland if you're a Glockbro.

It's harder if you have a Beretta 92 series with light attached, I found these guys:  US Duty Gear US-60
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Safariland and True North is always the answer.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Always Safariland.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes. With mid drop UBL.
View Quote

This. You can change the drop on the holster with the different UBL mount.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP:  Take a night shooting class and get back to us on pistol lights being dumb.

How are the ESS pouches over rated, especially when you're opting for a more expensive alternative that does the same thing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP:  Take a night shooting class and get back to us on pistol lights being dumb.

Quoted:

mag pouches (ESS is the standard but I think it is over rated and I am likely going to the GBRS pouches)

How are the ESS pouches over rated, especially when you're opting for a more expensive alternative that does the same thing?

2 things-

The plastic inserts are a PITA to fix.  From the factory, they are extremely tight and never really break in.  The correct answer is to unvelcro them, get a heat gun, and slightly reshape them.  That's a pain.  

Second, they attch with whatever aftermarket MOLLE style strap you choose.  All of them stick up/down beyond the pouch and are a point of friction when you move/sit.  It's a comfort issue when you wear the belt sitting.  

All in all...they are not bad but they are not great either.  They work and are durable and have good mag retention...but often too much retention.  It is a big issue with the AR mag pouches as the metal mags can scrape the plastic inserts badly and PMAGs can get full on stuck.  

YMMV...I'm just not that impressed with them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#9]
My battle belt.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I go against the grain a bit and use a G-Code because the Safariland 6000 series are bulky as fuck.  I prefer a streamlined set up that I can cover with a windbreaker if needed because I am unable to envision a scenario where running around looking like a SF door kicker would be better than keeping an average Joe low profile.

I also don't own a Multicam outfit for this reason.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I can't find one for my 365XL. I know it's not meant to be a "duty" gun but it fits my little manlet hands so well.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Safariland.

This thread reminded me that I need to get a True North plate.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Do the Safariland light bearing RDS holsters retain without a light attached? I don’t keep a light on my pistol IWB but have one I can attach for OWB.

I’m other words - I need something that can work with or without a light. I’d prefer not to buy two holsters if possible. That Dara mentioned previously has me intrigued.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do the Safariland light bearing RDS holsters retain without a light attached?
View Quote

Yes. Retention has nothing to do with the light.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
ARFCOM BATTLE BELT BUDDIES
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Remove the barrel plug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love their holsters, I just wish they would offer them with a threaded barrel cut.

Remove the barrel plug.

Thanks, I thought about doing that, but was worried it would affect the holster in some way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Possibly a question that will get me laughed at but here goes:

Does anyone make a good universal holster for a battle belt? I don’t mind it not being Kydex, just thinking I want something I can use with and without a light, and better yet, with a variety of pistols. If I roll out with a full size M&P or a P320 or a 1911, I’d like to see if there’s a holster that can be used with similar sized guns.

OP: Apologies if this diverts the thread… I don’t know if it’s worth it’s own thread is all and this one was handy, so… here we are.

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Safariland doesn't make CZP01 lightbearing holsters so I went with T1Concealed for my holster using the QLS system.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

2 things-

The plastic inserts are a PITA to fix.  From the factory, they are extremely tight and never really break in.  The correct answer is to unvelcro them, get a heat gun, and slightly reshape them.  That's a pain.  

Second, they attch with whatever aftermarket MOLLE style strap you choose.  All of them stick up/down beyond the pouch and are a point of friction when you move/sit.  It's a comfort issue when you wear the belt sitting.  

All in all...they are not bad but they are not great either.  They work and are durable and have good mag retention...but often too much retention.  It is a big issue with the AR mag pouches as the metal mags can scrape the plastic inserts badly and PMAGs can get full on stuck.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

mag pouches (ESS is the standard but I think it is over rated and I am likely going to the GBRS pouches)

2 things-

You need to be introduced to Velcro one wrap

As far as the rest, that has not been my experience, but YMMV
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks, I thought about doing that, but was worried it would affect the holster in some way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love their holsters, I just wish they would offer them with a threaded barrel cut.

Remove the barrel plug.

This is what I've done for a long time without issue. Both my Glock and Staccato Safariland holsters have their barrel plugs removed to clearance for threaded barrels.

If you want, OT Defense, the same dudes who make the Nub Mod, also sell a threaded barrel plug, which is simply shorter to not interfere with the barrel.

https://store.otdefense.com/products/threaded-barrel-plug-for-6000-series-holsters
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This^
On a True North Concepts modular holster adapter
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remove the barrel plug.

I modded a P320 holster to fit a Walther PDP Pro SD, 5.5" threaded barrel with a comp.

This:

Now fits in this:

FYI, for PDP owners, the P320 holster just basically fit, retention as good as it would be for a P320, just needed room for the comp, so I unscrewed and removed the barrel plug and crossbar, and then took a heat gun and molded the end to make a stop to limit travel and provide some tension for the light cover so it didn't fall out.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This is what I've done for a long time without issue. Both my Glock and Staccato Safariland holsters have their barrel plugs removed to clearance for threaded barrels.

If you want, OT Defense, the same dudes who make the Nub Mod, also sell a threaded barrel plug, which is simply shorter to not interfere with the barrel.

https://store.otdefense.com/products/threaded-barrel-plug-for-6000-series-holsters
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
What a thread.

I'm narrowing down quickly.

"Safariland and True North is always the answer" and there is a picture of this setup AND it has the leg strap. Isn't that like having a belt with suspenders?

A few of the Safariland holsters appeared to come like this:
"Safariland Als Holster With Mid-ride Ubl" does this need the leg strap too? Why not just go this route as it will be nearer my belt line as outlined?

Not much love for the T-rex arms ragnarok? See some G-Code's in the mix.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What a thread.

"Safariland and True North is always the answer" and there is a picture of this setup AND it has the leg strap. Isn't that like having a belt with suspenders?

"Safariland Als Holster With Mid-ride Ubl" does this need the leg strap too? Why not just go this route as it will be nearer my belt line as outlined?

View Quote

Do you need the strap with mid ride, no. If you do move a lot(I run in my belt daily) it keeps the holster from flopping around though. It’s crazy easy to add should you decide you want it though.

Glock 17 ride height. High ride on left, mid ride on right.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What a thread.

View Quote

Any full size pistol on a battle belt worn around the hips is going to have some mechanical leverage at the end of its moment arm, even on a rigid mount like the True North, so the strap keeps the flapping/banging to a minimum.  Mid and Low ride UBL is even worse.  

But just as important, having a leg strap also keeps you from pulling the whole rig up when you go to draw.

As for T-Rex, got no love at all, but that's personal, and besides, they don't have active retention.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Another vote for G code. Good service and options and my belts been great. I do need to order a new holster to accept a light on my battle belt gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you have the money to blow on different guns then don't half ass it on the holster.

Get specific holsters for the gun/light combos and use a QLS fork for the quick change.

You'll be much happier with a specific holster than a catch all half assed holster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Possibly a question that will get me laughed at but here goes:

Does anyone make a good universal holster for a battle belt? I don’t mind it not being Kydex, just thinking I want something I can use with and without a light, and better yet, with a variety of pistols. If I roll out with a full size M&P or a P320 or a 1911, I’d like to see if there’s a holster that can be used with similar sized guns.

OP: Apologies if this diverts the thread… I don’t know if it’s worth it’s own thread is all and this one was handy, so… here we are.

TIA.

If you have the money to blow on different guns then don't half ass it on the holster.

Get specific holsters for the gun/light combos and use a QLS fork for the quick change.

You'll be much happier with a specific holster than a catch all half assed holster.

Not the answer I wanted but probably the answer I needed. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do the Safariland light bearing RDS holsters retain without a light attached?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I have the same problem, a drop leg holster fixed it and freed up some room on my belt as i am kind of skinny.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Safariland 6000 series holster and a True North Concepts modular adapter.
View Quote

Does the rigidity of the metal not make the holster dig into your hip/thigh with these? That's my issue with the Safariland UBL, it causes the holster to point in towards your leg.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Best holster has a HAM on it and even a negative cant plate if you value draw speed.

Put a TQ on it.

https://centrifugetraining.com/product/holster-accessory-mount/
View Quote
That is slick!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Does the rigidity of the metal not make the holster dig into your hip/thigh with these? That's my issue with the Safariland UBL, it causes the holster to point in towards your leg.
View Quote

Thats been my complaint with the UBL as well. Just added a QLS to it and noticed it went away at my most recent shoot (wore it for 5 or 6 hours).
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@thesilvercord

My shooting buddy has a VP9 (don't think it's the tactical) and it works fine with the 6365RDS for my FS M&P 9mm. I'm using a TL-1, but the holster works with the same light on his gun.
View Quote

I run my P80 G19/G17 in a Safariland for a G17 and also run both in my Safariland for my M17. This includes the RDS and X300.  Might get lucky and find something that works based on the light
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What a thread.

View Quote

Skip the UBL, go with the True North and if you want to do a strap, use their strap.  It is better all around as the strap location is independent of the holster height.  You can adjust the holster up and down the adapter...while keeping the leg strap where it needs to be.  

The T rex is a good holster, but it is not the same concept as it does not have active retention.  The Safariland has a mechanical lock on the gun.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, I thought I had a decent setup but this thread has cost me money.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI.

For a service holster, that's the only way to go.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I should make a battle belt with blackhawk holster, promags, and uncle mikes and "run" it at the range...
View Quote

You want Glock thigh?

Because that’s how you get Glock thigh.

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Skip the UBL, go with the True North and if you want to do a strap, use their strap.  It is better all around as the strap location is independent of the holster height.  You can adjust the holster up and down the adapter...while keeping the leg strap where it needs to be.  

The T rex is a good holster, but it is not the same concept as it does not have active retention.  The Safariland has a mechanical lock on the gun.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a thread.

Correct, there is no button to push or strap to flip out of the way on before the pistol can be removed from the ragnarok. You simply grip/grab the pistol and pull it up/out to do so...
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never been an issue for me with mine.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
What a thread.

View Quote

I have a few T-Rex. I like them, meet my needs and have run them in courses with no issues. Why do you need active retention?
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My battle belt.
https://i.imgur.com/Tbt1Wdg.jpg
View Quote

Nice
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the way
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Safariland is the answer
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Costly thread so far.

But valuable knowledge from the real world.

Seems like Safariland solution and Truenorth is the way to go.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:34:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Safariland KT Mech is always the answer.
View Quote

fixed it for you
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I've always used GCode RTI stuff
View Quote

This, with Safariland holsters.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top