BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that I don't know about. The double edge seem harder to come by. I am emailing with the guy at DHgate to see though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does anyone make a quality copy of the double edged knife in the pic above?
that I don't know about. The double edge seem harder to come by. I am emailing with the guy at DHgate to see though
@steviesterno16 please PM me if you find out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got my $49 dhgate executive scarab today.  I had extremely high expectations, and my expectations were exceeded in every category.  Fit & finish is almost flawless, blade fires and retracts like a rocket, no rattles or sproings or unwanted movement, locks up rock solid, blade is razor sharp.  I don't know if the blade is Elmax, but it looks and feels like some type of higher end steel.  Handle is definitely aluminum and not pot metal/zinc/Chinesium.  Other than the blade shape and markings not being 100% accurate, this thing is every bit as nice as the real deal.  I know it's basically just a fancy letter opener, but it's sooo much fun to play with.  I'll definitely be ordering a few more of these for Christmas gifts.

I seriously can't get over how nice the fit & finish is.  If you told me this knife was made in USA by some big company like Gerber, CRKT, Spyderco, Kershaw, etc. I would believe it and still be impressed.  This is by far the nicest machined item I've ever received from China.

https://i.imgur.com/QVlHdUr.jpg
View Quote
@cochraneap

Is there a double bladed version of this knife on that site?

Thanks

Found your answer. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is the closest clone of that exact knife

https://m.dhgate.com/product/mgf-micro-ultratech-ut-122-1sl-out-the-front/425035620.html?invitorid=zq2Mva1b

https://www.dhresource.com/0x0/f2/albu/g6/M01/8F/21/rBVaSFueTcSAPYG6AAG4cKRpSUc836.jpg

The blade you receive will have fuller and holes like the original, they just Photoshop them out for some reason.  And most of them only come with polished blades instead of satin or stonewashed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anyone make a quality copy of the double edged knife in the pic above?

https://m.dhgate.com/product/mgf-micro-ultratech-ut-122-1sl-out-the-front/425035620.html?invitorid=zq2Mva1b

https://www.dhresource.com/0x0/f2/albu/g6/M01/8F/21/rBVaSFueTcSAPYG6AAG4cKRpSUc836.jpg

The blade you receive will have fuller and holes like the original, they just Photoshop them out for some reason.  And most of them only come with polished blades instead of satin or stonewashed.
Thanks brother.

Ordered one today.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
One last question... do I need to go get a Visa gift card to Use to protect myself from fraud or is this site relatively safe?
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One last question... do I need to go get a Visa gift card to Use to protect myself from fraud or is this site relatively safe?
View Quote
Four transactions from me without any issue, and I also have the phone app for when I need to buy another knife
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@cochraneap

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
@cochraneap

Thanks
That Executive Scarab clone only comes in drop point and tanto.
Quoted:
I've ordered a lot of stuff from aliexpress and Dhgate using my debit card and never had an issue.

I have had my card info stolen after ordering from well respected American companies, some of which even advertise here.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That Executive Scarab clone only comes in drop point and tanto.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from aliexpress and Dhgate using my debit card and never had an issue.

I have had my card info stolen after ordering from well respected American companies, some of which even advertise here.
View Quote
Personally I NEVER use my debit card for online orders.
Good credit cards have better buyer protection and you aren't playing around with your actual cash.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@steviesterno16 please PM me if you find out.

Thanks
View Quote
@lilMAC25 I head back but I think we had a break down in language and the guy didn't know what I was talking about. Never got a clear reply so I stopped chasing the subject. I did get a real Combat Troodon though, and I'm officially a huge fan! The quality is obviously better, it feels more solid and better constructed. I would compare it like I would compare a 1911 from RIA and Les Baer. sure they both make good holes in paper, but one does it in so much more style.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys. Ordered the one linked below by cochraneap

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@lilMAC25 I head back but I think we had a break down in language and the guy didn't know what I was talking about. Never got a clear reply so I stopped chasing the subject. I did get a real Combat Troodon though, and I'm officially a huge fan! The quality is obviously better, it feels more solid and better constructed. I would compare it like I would compare a 1911 from RIA and Les Baer. sure they both make good holes in paper, but one does it in so much more style.

https://i.imgur.com/qOZyiHv.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, they’re SUPER nice, but also too expensive for me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
@lilMAC25 I thought that, too. But I'm trying to consolidate my gear and stick with good stuff that I actually use. I ended up selling an ultratech, a halo clone, and gifted away a karambit and a benchmade griptillian. So for the price of that pile I have one, super high quality knife. Not 100% sold on keeping it or not but figured what the hell, let's see how it goes.

I took a coworker to the range, and he brought a whole backpack full of Glocks... 19, 26, 42, 35, 17. I bright my Les Baer. he said wow that's really nice, how can you afford something so nice? I replied that I didn't own a backpack full of Glocks. I was in it almost $500 less than he was in his bag of meh. I am really trying to focus on that aspect, but it's so damn hard when PSA posts $250 rifle kits. shit, stick with a few nice things and it's not as crazy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@lilMAC25 I thought that, too. But I'm trying to consolidate my gear and stick with good stuff that I actually use. I ended up selling an ultratech, a halo clone, and gifted away a karambit and a benchmade griptillian. So for the price of that pile I have one, super high quality knife. Not 100% sold on keeping it or not but figured what the hell, let's see how it goes.

I took a coworker to the range, and he brought a whole backpack full of Glocks... 19, 26, 42, 35, 17. I bright my Les Baer. he said wow that's really nice, how can you afford something so nice? I replied that I didn't own a backpack full of Glocks. I was in it almost $500 less than he was in his bag of meh. I am really trying to focus on that aspect, but it's so damn hard when PSA posts $250 rifle kits. shit, stick with a few nice things and it's not as crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I get it. My serious $ just went into NV/Thermal stuff. Next buy is ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Oh, I get it. My serious $ just went into NV/Thermal stuff. Next buy is ammo.
View Quote
@lilMAC25 what did you go with? feel free to PM me if you want. I am currently doing the same kind of searching, as I got to borrow a PVS 14 for a trip and it was life changing.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Is there a DHGate clone of the UTX-85 with a serrated blade?  I suck at navigating that website.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a DHGate clone of the UTX-85 with a serrated blade?  I suck at navigating that website.
View Quote
All the ones I've seen have plain blades

https://m.dhgate.com/product/micro-utx-85-na-frente-da-faca-t-ctica-de/407998439.html#s1-8-1;searl|0579356031
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Signed back in to check on order progress (it’s china, I assume they work week round), and the website is saying that I haven’t paid yet.

I have a payment confirmation email. Tha fack?
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Signed back in to check on order progress (it’s china, I assume they work week round), and the website is saying that I haven’t paid yet.

View Quote
If you ordered within the past 24hrs, some times it takes a little while for payment to be confirmed.  Patience, young padawan.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#18]
i bought a combat trodoon from dhgate. is it normal for the blade to wiggle?
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Look for the seller MGFknfe. Pretty sure they have a half serrated model. Also saw a full serrated one that got my attention.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i bought a combat trodoon from dhgate. is it normal for the blade to wiggle?
View Quote
Yes. Even the real ones wiggle a bit. The ones from seller cncostco are the best I’ve seen. Very little play, excellent quality overall.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#21]
... man, I am very impressed my Microtech Munroe Cypher clone from DHgate. Two weeks from order to door
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Got a package yesterday and instead of bubble wrap or packing peanuts, they used a bunch of those foam toe/finger separators that salons use when they paint nails.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... man, I am very impressed my Microtech Munroe Cypher clone from DHgate. Two weeks from order to door
View Quote
Which did you go with, from which manufacturer?
I almost went with the Munroe blade profile instead of the regular drop-point.

https://www.dhgate.com/product/microtech-munroe-241m-cypher-mk-6-auto-3/418448785.html#s1-5-7b;searl|0904299723

vs what I got:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-mt-cypher-cnc-machined-d2-blade/413003882.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#25]
And to go with my knives....
Attachment Attached File

+2 sec / 24 hours. I plan on water testing it as well!

And still waiting on my Combat Trodoon clone to hit California.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:25:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And to go with my knives....
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96423/20180925_095554-1-683341.JPG
+2 sec / 24 hours. I plan on water testing it as well!

And still waiting on my Combat Trodoon clone to hit California.
View Quote
would you wear that in public?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Did that to me, charged me twice and sent two knives.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

would you wear that in public?
View Quote
I'm wearing it at work right now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
This one comes in a partially serrated tanto blade with what looks like a stone washed finish

https://m.dhgate.com/product/special-offer-micro-ultratech-utx-85-utx85/425685896.html
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 3:21:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I just drunk ordered two! Was gonna just get one but then decided I needed another model also!
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 3:51:38 AM EDT
[#31]
I had 3 microtechs, 2 combat troodon and a ulttatech.  Ultratech didn't do it for me sso sold it. The combat troodon are great, but do heve to occasionally clean. If it gets dirt or lint mine tend to not open completely. Other than that keepers in my book. I rotate mine with my praetorians.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just drunk ordered two! Was gonna just get one but then decided I needed another model also!
View Quote
Drunk orders are best orders
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Here's what I am waiting for now to be delivered

https://m.dhgate.com/product/automatic-knives-d2-knife-auto-knife-geisha/413997816.html?f=edm|auto|order_confirm_2017|browse1|20180929#pd-024
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#34]
These are really nice knives.  Ordered a Halo and Scarab.

The Halo is awesome.  I can't tell it's a knockoff and I own a real Scarab.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you ordered within the past 24hrs, some times it takes a little while for payment to be confirmed.  Patience, young padawan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently, the order I decided to cancel didn’t cancel (I never entered payment info) so that’s what was going on.

The other one has shipped. If I like it, I’ll order one from the guy listed a few posts up (cncostco or similar).
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]
The infidel just looks terrible compared to the microtech designs.  Thick, fat body with a short little blade lol
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The infidel just looks terrible compared to the microtech designs.  Thick, fat body with a short little blade lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Some like it hot.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck this site costs me money. I was being poor somewhere else and found this shit. In for a $30 clone.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:32:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Me too...... looks pretty nice in the pics for a knock off  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164452/rBVaEFe9bF6AHwM8AAqWJu7MIlY606-687863.JPG
View All Quotes
It looks even better in person.  Here's the one I received.

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Guys, why are you supporting intellectual property theft?  This makes no sense to me, particularly given the support for the president's trade policies on this board.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Guys, why are you supporting intellectual property theft?  This makes no sense to me, particularly given the support for the president's trade policies on this board.
View Quote
Go b rich somewhere else.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So would you buy something stolen from a fence if it was something you really wanted, but couldn't afford?  Same thing here IMHO...
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Sweet! That’s one of the three I ordered so far.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So would you buy something stolen from a fence if it was something you really wanted, but couldn't afford?  Same thing here IMHO...
View Quote
So do you only drive Fords or do you drive some other brand that uses IP stolen from Henry Ford?  Same thing there IYHO...
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
How long for delivery?

Also anyone get the halo V or VI?   I got a V coming too.  But kinda want to drink enough beers today to decide on a VI also! ROFL
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How long for delivery?

Also anyone get the halo V or VI?   I got a V coming too.  But kinda want to drink enough beers today to decide on a VI also! ROFL
View Quote
Mine took 7 business days from shipped to delivered.

Here's a quick vid I made.  This was before I sprayed it with WD40 and fired/retracted it a few hundred times.  It's smooth as silk now.

Dhgate Microtech Executive Scarab OTF Clone - 3.5" Drop Point
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:51:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Personally I NEVER use my debit card for online orders.
Good credit cards have better buyer protection and you aren't playing around with your actual cash.
View Quote
Never ever use a debit cars online.  Credit only, play with someone else's money in the event of fraud.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
For those of you with the Microgech Scarab Executive, are you able to mount the clip on the other side?  I’m interested in picking one up, but am a southpaw.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top