BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They 100% will go door to door ......

and you'll be reminded of the consequences of perjuring yourself before you sign the statement stating you disposed of it (sold/lost/etc)

just keep an eye on their list at forfeiture.gov ..... when/if they start rounding them up, you'll get to see the name/address of everyone who had one seized
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Genius move, if true. I didn't catch that in their response at all.

I mean whats the recourse when AFT sends you a letter to surrender and destroy. You say I sold it. Or say its destroyed.

Are they really going to check every customer? Or get a search warrant for every customer to check if they refuse search of their house?

and you'll be reminded of the consequences of perjuring yourself before you sign the statement stating you disposed of it (sold/lost/etc)

just keep an eye on their list at forfeiture.gov ..... when/if they start rounding them up, you'll get to see the name/address of everyone who had one seized

There arent enough Federal, State, and Local law enforcement officers COMBINED in the US to go door to door confiscating things, let alone ATF agents.
They are NOT going door to door.
They dont have the manpower.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There arent enough Federal, State, and Local law enforcement officers COMBINED in the US to go door to door confiscating things, let alone ATF agents.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean whats the recourse when AFT sends you a letter to surrender and destroy. You say I sold it. Or say its destroyed.

Are they really going to check every customer? Or get a search warrant for every customer to check if they refuse search of their house?

Wanna bet ?

This was for pre-drilled/bent 80% flats sold about 10 years ago
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wanna bet ?
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/55482/Boom-1726988.jpg

View Quote

Ingram Unknown Machine gun, wat?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I kinda hope ATF rules these machine guns and then forces FRT and credit card companies to give up info and all these piece of shit scalpers get stuck with their loads and having to turn them in for free or goto prison.

View Quote

Pssst...

Hey buddy,

Have I got a deal for you...

Only $1,000 each (while supplies last)...    

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wanna bet ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna bet ?

Come on now - that's different than going door to door and you know it.

I fully expect that every single person who bought a FRT online will be getting an "or else!" letter. I expect the ATF to even sneak some out of the mail/UPS/FedEx.

What I doubt will happen is more than a handful of door knocks. Just enough to publicize and hope people will take a second look at the "or else!" letter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I fully expect that every single person who bought a FRT online will be getting an "or else!" letter. I expect the ATF to even sneak some out of the mail/UPS/FedEx.

What I doubt will happen is more than a handful of door knocks. Just enough to publicize and hope people will take a second look at the "or else!" letter.
View Quote

Not only did they go door to door for every person that purchased one of their products, they visited everyone who purchased one 2nd or 3rd hand they could find. All it took was an email address in the inbox of the guy I purchased it from to wind up with a visit/call ......

Do what you will ....
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:29:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Several manufacturers make full pocket semi auto lowers that are only missing a small hole. You coule convert one in five minutes pretty easily.

Look at Matrix, SOLGW, Geissele and DSArms lowers.
View Quote

I don't think I've ever seen a geissele lower that's M16 milled.

Centurion arms, on the other hand... Yeah.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not only did they go door to door for every person that purchased one of their products, they visited everyone who purchased one 2nd or 3rd hand they could find. All it took was an email address in the inbox of the guy I purchased it from to wind up with a visit/call ......

Do what you will ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what you will ....

Oh - in that case welcome to the club. Is that the only time you've gotten a visit? As you found - it's no big deal at all.

I will indeed do as I want. Thank you for your unneeded permission.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There have been enough FRT15s already sold that the legal defense fund must be MASSIVE.
View Quote

God I hope so.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank a Trump tard for fuck your bumpstocks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like what Rare Breed is doing.  I hear they have a good product and good customer support.  People should buy as many of their products as possible to help them out.  
View Quote

I like what they're doing, but when the spring broke in my FRT (which it didn't do in my geissele, BTW, it broke in a friend's PSA build) they told me to buy my own springs and that replacing those springs voided my warranty. (Which, according to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is illegal).

THEN they released a second version quietly and ignored my follow up emails asking why they initially dismissed my claim.

So... Good customer support? No.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

A lot of people including a lot of democrats agree with the right to carry in one form or another

Very few agree with anything even remotely resembling a machine gun.

Facts.
View Quote

I think we've known different democrats then, my friend. I know people that scream bloody murder if they even see a gun, asking frantically "WHY DO YOU NEED THAT? THOSE ARE FOR COPS TO HAVE" etc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Totally different.

Since this is a democrat administration, no one here will be making excuses or dogpiling anyone bitching about it.

"We're all in this together"*

*Unless it's Republicans doing the infringing.
View Quote

No shit. People seem to be perfectly fine when repubs pass gun control, but if a dem even mentions it they scream bloody murder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:41:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do.

It’s simple, are you Mr xxxx? Did you order a trigger from xxxx? The ATF has determine that this trigger is a MG. We want to give you a chance to surrender this item today or face criminal charges later.

Or they just send you a letter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Floridaman strikes again
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Challenging government loyalists is never a waste of time
View Quote

Ah man, what did he say? He's been saying stupid shit this whole time and I missed it
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:47:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

At almost 400 dollars a trigger, I think that the whole purpose of this trigger is to support a legal defense fund.  Larue can sell a MBT at $118.00, and Mr. G can do a SSA at $240.  The FRT-15 isn’t that complicated, so that extra money has to be going somewhere.
View Quote

Well, to be fair, it's a better binary, and they're about that price, so I think it's fair to get your money's worth.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Feds aren't going after the marijuana folks who keep all of the funds away from the overreach. We need to learn lessons from the pot heads, the aren't getting their doors kicked in, customer lists or funds seized!
View Quote

Because those people can't harm the crown.

Hear me out:

Are criminals using P80 kits? Not on the same level as people with actual skill that could challenge the government.

Same with suppressors. They're getting mad at stuff that could be used to overthrow, not at stuff that's actually used in crimes. Weed doesn't cause societal unrest.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#19]
You know... I think I might just send a "2lb package" back to RB, complete with photos and a retained receipt, because of a non functioning product... might even type up an email requesting refund instead of an exchange
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The pics are starting to pop up of Taliban seizing massive piles of weapons, night vision, A-29 Super Tacano attack planes, MD-350 Attach Helicopters, MI-8 choppers, heavy artillery, etc.

They are better off now than before we came in there in 2001.
View Quote

Anyone else jealous?

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do what you will ....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do what you will ....

IIRC, that happened with the Akins Accelerator too.

Limited numbers in the wild, and mostly (all?) from one source vs orders of magnitude with bumpstocks, and that those were sold through many more sources (i.e. unlike one company being told, "Deemed illegal. Turn over all your records", with bumpstocks, they would have to find all the retailers who ordered batches, send them letters to get their record of sales etc. Plus they were sold in stores and face to face sales that were cash and carry etc. vs mostly online orders direct from the manufacturer).
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

$24 feature
View Quote

WHAT????
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
So basically, IF they are declared MG's, people are out $400 per pop.   That would suck...
However, if this goes to court and Rare Breed comes out on top, the implications are huge.  So buying one is a lot like donating $400 to pro 2A legal fund.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:22:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't think I've ever seen a geissele lower that's M16 milled.

Centurion arms, on the other hand... Yeah.
View Quote
It's possible Geissele has moved to an AR cut.  I've seen pictures of them that were M16 cut.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:42:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pro tip from a federal agent- if ATF shows up asking about something, ever, don't speak to them.

Do not tell them you lost it in a boating accident. Don't tell them you sold something at the gun show. Don't tell them it broke and you threw it away.

Don't speak to them at all. Do not give them a single oral or written statement. Simply tell them you have nothing to say, and that they can contact your attorney. It will make their job immensly harder, and it will protect you.

View Quote

Good advice, and I know you're speaking from personal experience.

Did you ever get their ridiculous storage requirements squared away?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thank a Trump tard for fuck your bumpstocks.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You know... I think I might just send a "2lb package" back to RB, complete with photos and a retained receipt, because of a non functioning product... might even type up an email requesting refund instead of an exchange
View Quote

Do you have emails to RB indicating your displeasure with their product and your intent to return it?

(This is not legal or good advise)
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pro tip from a federal agent- if ATF shows up asking about something, ever, don't speak to them.

Do not tell them you lost it in a boating accident. Don't tell them you sold something at the gun show. Don't tell them it broke and you threw it away.

Don't speak to them at all. Do not give them a single oral or written statement. Simply tell them you have nothing to say, and that they can contact your attorney. It will make their job immensly harder, and it will protect you.

View Quote

If you could, put a little more meat on the bone with specifics as to WHY and HOW this will make their job immensely harder and protect you.  

Personally, I can see lack of dialogue/compliance after a knock at the door with a follow-up visit that lacks one shortly after.   Again, just looking to see your thoughts on why/how directing them to a lawyer goes a different direction than I'm imagining in the pursuit of their goal.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If you could, put a little more meat on the bone with specifics as to WHY and HOW this will make their job immensely harder and protect you.  

Personally, I can see lack of dialogue/compliance after a knock at the door with a follow-up visit that lacks one shortly after.   Again, just looking to see your thoughts on why/how directing them to a lawyer goes a different direction than I'm imagining in the pursuit of their goal.

Thanks
View Quote

Do you really want to give them a chance to trap you in a perjury charge?

Don’t lie to them, but there's absolutely no reason to help them either. The best way to accomplish both of these goals is to say absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The ATF letter is better than any go fund me account. Wonder how many triggers they've sold since this started?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are many here like me who have voiced their support and urge to donate to the cause. Those that support RBT's response and potential legal battle should email Mr. Maxwell's law firm email address with support, encouragement, and or offer for donation. I do not believe they can get his client list due to attorney client privilege.

The ATF letter is better than any go fund me account. Wonder how many triggers they've sold since this started?

Dealer at the gun show said he sold 5...yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don’t lie to them, but there's absolutely no reason to help them either. The best way to accomplish both of these goals is to say absolutely nothing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Perjury from what you say at your front door? Lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I think the information he is looking for is what keeps them from just coming back and kicking your door in.

With the current administration this doesn't seem far fetched.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Why take the risk?

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think the information he is looking for is what keeps them from just coming back and kicking your door in.

With the current administration this doesn't seem far fetched.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Perjury

MFs really just be throwin out legal sounding words they heard on Matlock
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Why take the risk?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Why take the risk?

It’s not a risk
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:09:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Launder them through a few hands and get it back in a year or so. Dont give those faggots a fucking thing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not perjury, but lying to a federal agent is a felony under 18 USC 1001.

https://www.pagepate.com/experience/criminal-defense/federal-crimes/false-statement-charges/

That’s how they bagged Martha Stewart :)
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:22:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wanna bet ?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wanna bet ?

Lol…yes.
2004 was when there was the highest number of LE in American history. The Govt programs/funds to increase manpower for LE after 9-11 was in full swing. There were a combined 800k of Federal, State, and Local LE in the US. At the time, there between 70-100 million guns in the US according to NRA estimates.
If 3% of the population of gun owners in the US at that time resisted ALL 100% of LE at the time, LE loses in less than a month.
Since that time, there are more gun owners, and less LE. Additionally, you wont have 100% of LE working to go door to door to confiscate guns/triggers.

Finally, ATF is a small organization with less 5200 people, including tech, admin etc. I doubt half of the 5200 are field agents. It sounds like there are more than 5200 triggers out there.

So when I say AFT doesnt have the manpower to go door to door…I’m not kidding.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

https://www.pagepate.com/experience/criminal-defense/federal-crimes/false-statement-charges/

View Quote

Bingo! I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Silence is golden.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Is there cad available on these?
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:12:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well... juat tell them to fuck off then.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
RBT seems to have created product this knowing that the government would send the ATF in to interpret this as a MG.

What makes this unique is that they didn't submit this for approval in the first place.  Why?  The lawyer who is part of their ownership is a known 2A lawyer from the Orlando area.  He was a firearms trust attorney and gun rights attorney for as long as I can remember.  He is not stupid and had to know what was coming.  Also there is a reason this trigger wasn't designed with a single fire selector (wink wink).  So what they have up their sleeves and how they believe they can win is going to be interesting.

If the ATF raids in a few weeks, it will be telling, in regards to their belief of winning this case.  I wouldn't be surprised, if magically, a Chicago gangland shootout doesn't magically have firearms with RBTs in them.

The government is afraid of precedence if they loose.  Most of their interpretations are very loose and full of holes.  Once their 'black is white and white is black' double speak dam breaks it has larger ramifications.  The Congress does not have the appetite to actually vote in new laws.  Once the ATF's ability to interpret new laws, out of thin air, is removed (slowed down) we can get back to business.

This will play out in the courts quickly or will drag on a few years like the bump stock issue.  Single trigger pull is easy to define.  Judges who aren't political hacks...not so much.

Either way keep buying them.  If RBT wins, this trigger design will be an option on all semi auto AR type firearms.
View Quote

Yep.  I hope the .gov keeps pushing it.

The quicker the courts tell them their "interpretations" don't make law, the better.

They will be put back in the box where they belong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is there cad available on these?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:57:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yes
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/17/2021 12:20:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Perhaps a lawyer can tighten them up a bit?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They'll loose imo.

Perhaps a lawyer can tighten them up a bit?  

Lawyers have always been great at ' screwing " their clients...
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 1:14:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You’re alright. Myself and a bunch of others from AZ have started our own private group. If you’re interested in joining IM or email me. I’ll give you more details
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*laughs in Arizona gun culture*

So your rationale is that because the government has become so totalitarian, we should just give up our rights?  

I will say again...  you are what is wrong with this country

You’re alright. Myself and a bunch of others from AZ have started our own private group. If you’re interested in joining IM or email me. I’ll give you more details

@rex_allen IM inbound
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top