Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just maybe the alphabet-alt folks will realize that they aren't as impressive as they thought they were
View Quote

It really has very little to do with Trans and more to do with an idiot VP who decided she is smarter than everyone else and changed the face of the product to one that the majority of the country doesn't identify with it.  She could have done that a dozen different ways and caused a similar backlash.  To change the face of the product and insult the existing customer base as unrefined, stupid, sexists...etc was just dumb.  This is really Bud Light pulling their own version of Gillette.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:53:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Will mean nothing if it doesn't stick.
View Quote

That's what the tranny said to his boyfriend.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The people claiming this will blow over are likely projecting their own weakness or lack of conviction.

True there are tons of people who lack any principles and they buy whatever the commercials tell them to but my guess is this one sticks and wakes some people up to the fact that this is how we need to fight back.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#4]
First thing that needs to be done is stop referring to these trans people as their make believe genders. My wife's cousin is pretending to be a girl now, he's always been weird. I refuse to play along and continue to call him by his real name.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. It'll take a couple quarters for it to shake out.

3% off a 20% increase isn't much to brag about. I'm hearing they've lost alot of customers, but 3% isn't a good showing at all.
View Quote

$5billion is a lot, no matter what percentage it is.

That hurts them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes Ab InBev has a hundred brands.  But Bud Light accounts for over 10% of ALL U.S. beer sales.  That’s a staggering number and is their flagship brand.

And now the crown jewel was just given to a woke millennial who drove it off a cliff.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe. This has to be the easiest boycott ever. There is a plethora of alternatives. If people can't do this, then they can't successfully boycott anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People will be back to drinking it once they forget about it

Wont take that long and they will be fine.

Just a small hiccup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263964/Capture_JPG-2780646.JPG

Maybe. This has to be the easiest boycott ever. There is a plethora of alternatives. If people can't do this, then they can't successfully boycott anything.

Not really.  They own a huge number of labels, and most people have no idea.  As you have demonstrated so well.  There are many bars where everything they serve is owned by the same company.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
First thing that needs to be done is stop referring to these trans people as their make believe genders. My wife's cousin is pretending to be a girl now, he's always been weird. I refuse to play along and continue to call him by his real name.
View Quote

I just don't get it.  Everyone has a mother and a father.  Everyone is either a man or a woman.  This 'biological father'/'woman' nonsense is a large part of the problem.  I refuse to participate in that in any way.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That woke director of marketing gal will probably get a golden parachute and bail, she won’t learn anything. Maybe the Corp will, who knows.
View Quote

Learn anything? LOL

This is exactly what she wanted to do. She wanted to shove it in our faces. She wanted to put a tranny on a gigantic symbol of male toxicity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
The marketing exec responsible for this fiasco will get canned, go to work for Tampax and create a marketing campaign trying to make tampons more masculine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll continue to not drink beer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal
View Quote

Crazy thing is that’s nothing to them.    Thats prolly like 5%.    

They can write that off in Taxes and prolly make more money.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anheuser-Busch Loses More than $6 Billion in Market Value Following Transgender Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light Deal

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched. It'll take a couple quarters for it to shake out.

3% off a 20% increase isn't much to brag about. I'm hearing they've lost alot of customers, but 3% isn't a good showing at all.
View Quote

You should read the article. 3% is propaganda.

People selling the stuff are describing what the title implies...bloodbath.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

probably most guys just didnt want to hear their buddies crack fag jokes at their expense if they saw them drinking one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure why this one hits home so much. I think it's because Bud was seen as "safe" more so than anything else.

I can tell you that the few times I've been to the store this past week, gas station or grocery store, Bud Light is stocked to the gills and Yuengling is basically out.

probably most guys just didnt want to hear their buddies crack fag jokes at their expense if they saw them drinking one.

Although in fairness, we have been drinking Yuengling because it tastes better and cracking Bud Light jokes because it's piss water for years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:06:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What’s interesting about this event is that we know the name of the marketing exec and her background.

Isolating and personalizing the focus of outrage is traditionally a leftist tactic
View Quote

Anheuser Busch made her ID known to draw some of the customers' ire.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#17]
did I make it in before the AB bailout?

If FJB asked for one, congress would vote for it with bipartisain support
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#18]
It doesn't matter...they'll still be in a better position a year from now than they are now. Look at Nike...worst of woke and they are doing better than ever. The saying go woke go broke..is a joke.

I wish I was wrong.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Makes ya wonder, were they just sick and tired of making and selling it?
View Quote

With inflation and the economy slowly crumbling this year, I'd heard reports AB was already down 4-5% before the controversy. I read another theory that said something like: they just wanted to blame their weak sales on something, so they came up with this campaign. Shareholders will be less upset over a failed campaign than a fundamental downfall in sales.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:19:46 AM EDT
[#20]
I bet the execs at Coors and Miller have the hardest dicks of their lives right now. Probably spending most of their office time picking out new pools and which Mercedes they’re buying the wife for Christmas this year lol.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Jack Daniel's said "hold my bud light"......
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#22]
That horse face cunt's plan was to replace millions of 'fratty' guys with a few hundred trannies and fags.  
People who drink chardonnay and champagne coolies.
That was her big plan to rescue a dying brand.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Neat.

You know, it has crossed my mind that maybe this VP marketing gal did this on purpose. She went in to tank Bud Light intentionally. Do something demonstratively stupid - target a fringe audience during a time when it is most contentious, thereby alienating the core audience (Joe Sixpack), sit back, and watch the brand burn. Why not? She couldn’t care less about the brand’s tomorrow. BL is a guy-type thing so burn it to the ground. Why, why, why? ‘Cause (a big) fuck you, that’s why. Or, maybe her purpose is to assassinate a brand for some under-the-table payout or promise.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not sure why this one hits home so much. I think it's because Bud was seen as "safe" more so than anything else.

I can tell you that the few times I've been to the store this past week, gas station or grocery store, Bud Light is stocked to the gills and Yuengling is basically out.
View Quote

I think part of it lies in the average person’s ability to do something.  The dude that sexually assaulted girls in the restroom in Loudoun County, VA upset a lot a people, but what could someone from NH do about it (other than pay attention to my local school board and participate/vote accordingly)?  There are hundreds of incidents involving trannies.  Many people are fed up, and along comes something that anyone can do with little effort.  I think the accessibility of the Bud Light boycott is a large part of why it’s popular at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

In today's world this is a solid predictor the VP is headed for CEO.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I will continue to avoid that swill.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They should cease this foolishness and do a ‘real men of genius’ ad lampooning their own stupidity.
View Quote

Real Them of Genius salutes Budweisers marketing VP.

https://youtube.com/shorts/tEnm3c2rnGI?feature=share
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#28]
SCROOGED | "Cats & Dogs" Clip | Paramount Movies

Lololol, this is perfect…
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Fuck yes! Not only is it far better, it's owned and managed by patriots. At least it was the last time I heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fuck yes! Not only is it far better, it's owned and managed by patriots. At least it was the last time I heard.

They need to come out with a very low carb/no carb beer ASAP. I’m not a huge beer drinker, but have bought a few 12 packs of Bud-lite Next (zero carb) over the past year. None lately obviously. Once the rest of my 12 pack is gone, that’s it for me. Anheiser can fuck off!
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not a bud light fan, though I'd drink one occasionally if it was handed to me. Didn't like it, didn't hate it. Yuengling is so much better its not even a comparison anyway. But I would occasionally buy other AB-inBev products. No more. I won't touch their entire portfolio. It's not like its hard to do with all the other choices out there. I'm betting the execs knew there would be fallout and are banking on recouping some of the lost customers by John Q. Public being too lazy/dumb/retarded/dumb/stupid/dumb to do their homework and they'll just pivot to other AB brands thus retaining market share. I hope the general populous morons prove me wrong. My issue isn't so much they got some tranny as a spokesperson. That doesn't even surprise all that much. My bigger peave is they did it, what, a week after the nashville tranny went off the reservation? That's just tone-deaf as hell. Even more tone-deaf than alienating all the rednecks that drink bud light by making a he-she-it the brand ambassador.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It would be nice if people on the right had the principles and conviction to do this with all leftist allied businesses/industries.
View Quote

Like not using Amazon's AWS and not buying anything from that company?

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
People will be back to drinking it once they forget about it

Wont take that long and they will be fine.

Just a small hiccup

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263964/Capture_JPG-2780646.JPG

"Can't" isn't the right word.  Of course we all could.  Won't is the likely reality. I think the best we can hope for is that some of the comfortable people get a taste of how they can band together and have some influence.

And it's funny that, for all the posturing, the share price is still higher than it's been for a year, except for the last monthish.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:30:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They need to come out with a very low carb/no carb beer ASAP. I’m not a huge beer drinker, but have bought a few 12 packs of Bud-lite Next (zero carb) over the past year. None lately obviously. Once the rest of my 12 pack is gone, that’s it for me. Anheiser can fuck off!
View Quote

@konger

Yuengling Flight. You're welcome.

https://www.yuengling.com/our-beer/flight-by-yuengling/
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:33:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I’m an ultra drinker, and I’m heavily considering going back to keystone or coors light
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter...they'll still be in a better position a year from now than they are now. Look at Nike...worst of woke and they are doing better than ever. The saying go woke go broke..is a joke.

I wish I was wrong.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#37]
FIVE BILLION DOLLARS in valuation.

Up in smoke.

You think the dumb asses will learn anything?

ETA: Or is it up to SIX now?  Well, a billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you are talking about REAL MONEY!

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still up 45% from Octoberfest.

You are looking at what this has done to the company as a whole. What has happened to the sales of Bud Light? How many of their customers have switched from Bud Light to another of their products not realizing it is the same company? Will they stick with the company produce or change again? There are a lot of unknowns at this point. I think they have stuck their foot in a big pile of BS and are trying to decide if they should turn around or continue on the woke path.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm done with AB products. Same for JD and Nike.

Will it affect them? Probably not. But I won't give them any money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Combination of classic blunder of an established market leader with a massive market share, but no longer meeting some lofty growth rate.  So freaking out over not meeting  the unrealistic growth demands, and so doing stupid shit in a desperate move.  And fucking it all up.  This is actually remarkably common, and has been the destruction of many a good cash cow.

Combined with inept leadership in position to make monumental decisions, with little oversight and even less competency.   I view a modern PH.D. from an Ivy league school with very little respect now - and basically a symbol of exceptional indoctrination into stupid broken shit with no real world grounding - as well just saw.  Under no circumstances should you put such a person in a position of company influence.

And finally, the classic power play of the next generation trying to make their mark and ascend to power, requires the tear down and destruction of the prior power structure and values.  And Bud Light and their market represents that more than anything.  It's up there with using children's symbols of innocence as your public symbol of sexual preference that children should have no part of at that age.  Bud Light was a crowning achievement- but may have been a Bridge Too Far.  We'll see.  It'll blow over and Bud Light will reset at a 10%(?) permanent reduction in market share- which they will accept as an Oh Well cost of doing business, and she will earn a 7-figure salary for the rest of her life still.  Meanwhile, the floor guy who drops a case will be terminated and black-listed, because that's how it works.

That said, this whole shit show is a much needed black eye.  And one at the cost of a remarkably shitty beer.   The whole ride is actually a fabulous win win win for the forces of sane normal people.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The people claiming this will blow over are likely projecting their own weakness or lack of conviction.

True there are tons of people who lack any principles and they buy whatever the commercials tell them to but my guess is this one sticks and wakes some people up to the fact that this is how we need to fight back.
View Quote

Has nothing to do with my  principles. It has everything to do with history of what was and wasn't done.

I dont drink beer. Never liked it and the reason it is served cold in the states is to hide the shit taste of it

Look at everything that was REEEEEEE and it is back up and running with no issues.

Sport ball idiots that reee at them taking a knee are the first to post in here about the games being played now.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#43]
I hope it brings them down and Bud Lite goes out of business.

It wasn't just that one VP of marketing girl.  She didn't green light a national ad campaign all by herself and there is no way her higher ups didn't know about this controversial move.  Plus, someone higher up at Bud Lite hired that VP and I guarantee she pitched them hard on "inclusivity, social justice, LGBTQ rights" and so forth during her interview for that position, which should have sent alarm bells ringing in their heads.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I hope it brings them down and Bud Lite goes out of business.

It wasn't just that one VP of marketing girl.  She didn't green light a national ad campaign all by herself and there is no way her higher ups didn't know about this controversial move.  Plus, someone higher up at Bud Lite hired that VP and I guarantee she pitched them hard on "inclusivity, social justice, LGBTQ rights" and so forth during her interview for that position, which should have sent alarm bells ringing in their heads.  

View Quote

All of this is an indicator of just how deep and wide is the moral collapse of our country.

Because just as you say, this gal didn't appear in that position by some miracle or sleight of hand.

ESG is going to be the end of this nation.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anheuzer  Buesch sells to distributors and businesses,  not the people that drink their beer.  It takes time for the effects of customers not drinking their products to be felt by AB.  The distributors will feel it first, AB will only feel it when the distributors change their order numbers.

Distributors order on a monthly or quarterly basis, so AB is probably still going off sales made before they decided to alienate their customers base.  If they are down 3% already that is significant and could snowball rapidly as it comes time for distributors to make new orders.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:48:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Has nothing to do with my  principles. It has everything to do with history of what was and wasn't done.

I dont drink beer. Never liked it and the reason it is served cold in the states is to hide the shit taste of it

Look at everything that was REEEEEEE and it is back up and running with no issues.

Sport ball idiots that reee at them taking a knee are the first to post in here about the games being played now.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not seeing that.  NFL has never fully recovered and are not at the viewership they would be by now.  Everyone keeps saying the NFL disgust has had no effect.  It certainly has - its just that the media and NFL chose to ignore it and downplay it.  That's fine, in the meantime, a notable portion of people are no longer sitting at their couches drinking shitty beer, but instead are doing something else.  Where basically ANYTHING else makes them a better person with a better life.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:49:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Anheuzer  Buesch sells to distributors and businesses,  not the people that drink their beer.  It takes time for the effects of customers not drinking their products to be felt by AB.  The distributors will feel it first, AB will only feel it when the distributors change their order numbers.

Distributors order on a monthly or quarterly basis, so AB is probably still going off sales made before they decided to alienate their customers base.  If they are down 3% already that is significant and could snowball rapidly as it comes time for distributors to make new orders.
View Quote

This right here. The whole bud light party is just getting started.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:50:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That would be pretty awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good, I hope they go fucking bankrupt with their faggot woke horse piss
That would be pretty awesome.
I don't think that would be awesome at all. There are thousands of people that work at Budweiser here in St. Louis alone that are very good conservative people. Budweiser going bankrupt would devastate our economy and hurt countless lives.

Now I do hope that InBev, the parent company of Budweiser, pays a lofty price for this bungling decision.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Did that chick making the decisions get fired or no?
Sadly these corps don't seem to learn after they double down.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#50]
I believe it was have at least a small lasting effect but there's a shit ton of people out there who make no relation between the other brands like Mich Ultra, Bud heavy and Bud Light. They are acting like they are two different entities.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top